PDA

View Full Version : Master Rant (Warning: Language)

Eihwaz
Sep 4, 2004, 04:36 PM
Okay, I'm rather pissed off at a variety of things right now, so I'm going to rant about them all in one convienient post. Here we go...

Firstly, concerning my friends. I'm getting pissed about some of the things you do. For instance, my musical tastes. I don't mind if you don't like my styles of music (like trance, or J-Rock), but that doesn't mean you can bash it to pieces. I'm getting rather sick of your taunts of "that techno crap is lame, anyone can make it in like 3 seconds on the computer" and "don't listen to those gay Japanese singers, they're just trying to copy Americans". Also, I hate it when I mention a new band, you demo their music on Amazon, then go around saying "oh they suck" like it's a fucking god damned fact of nature. If you don't like my music, that's fine, but get off my damn back about it. -_-

And another thing, stop pestering me about my choices in games. I don't give a fuck if you HATE every aspect of PSO, or think that BB is a waste of time and money. I actually ENJOY playing it, so I will continue to spend MY money on it.

And another thing, stop being so god damned self-righteous. One of my friends thinks that I'm immature. I don't CARE if my tastes in music, games, anime, or WHATEVER make me "immature" in your eyes, so meh. Also, PSOW isn't filled with twelve-year olds that speak in 1337, it's filled with many funny, mature people that are damn fun to talk to.

I'm also quite sick of how assholish you are towards me at lunch time. We all sit together, yes. I choose to sit there willingly. So if you don't mind, could you please refrain from constantly making stupid fucking jokes about my weight, about my tastes in things, about my other friends. And when I ask an obvious question, don't act like I'm retarded. One of my friends mentioned something about someone actually shooting their Xbox with a gun, and how it survived. I inquired, "What did he shoot it with?". He replies "OH MY GOD MATT, you're so fucking stupid. He used a gun, retard." -_-

EDIT: Oh, and before I forget! I recently joined a Christian forum, I found a link in a friend's buddy profile on AIM. I joined up, and posted some stuff. I posted about being Agnostic. One of my friends, who is a mod there, replies with something to the effect of "Yeah your body is a temple so get some exercise fat matt!! nah I'm just joking". When I implore him to post something that isn't stupid shitty spam, he replies "Uh, well according to my belief, you're doomed to hell. Hope you like eternal suffering, unless you change your mind." Then I realized the site, for all of it's 10 members, was nothing for a place for them to talk about how great Bush and all the Republicans are, how horrible and stupid gays are (yeah, I mean, they CHOOSE to be this way, let's abuse them!), and other self-righteous bullshit. The forum layout of course sucked, so I asked the leader of the site to make me admin so I could fix the layout. I delete some posts, and re-arange fourms. My friends berate me with like "gee thanks for ruining the forum matt", and of course, I am banned. Let's not forget that after they banned me, they change my post about my music tastes from something that mentioned Air, The Flaming Lips, and Daft Punk to, and edited it to, and I quote:

i luv japanese "bands" that want to be like umrican bands but cuz because they are teh suck!!!!!!!!1 l0l! i like teh crappy songs sung in teh japonanese with guys that sound teh gay singing l0l!.

i also like ruining forums because i am teh censored. i delete teh funniest areas with teh funniest posts. l0l! isn't that so funny!

Should anyone think I made this up, you can go here (http://firefightingworld.com/offgforum/viewtopic.php?t=10) to see for yourself.

Okay, now that I've bitched at my friends long enough, time to move on.

For those that aren't already aware, my dad installed a computer timer. He thinks I spend too much time on it, so he found one, bought it, and installed it. I used a keylogger to break it once, about a month or so ago, so he cut me back from three hours a day to two. Not to mention I can't be on past midnight, no matter how much time I have left. Of course, I've since figured out to use Msconfig to disable the timer, leaving no trace. This does NOT, however, mean I am free from this thing. I have to have the timer running while dad is here, otherwise he will find out and lock up our laptop (which is the only computer in the whole house at this point).

Firstly, it is HIDEOUSLY and DISGUSTINGLY embarassing to have to tell my online friends in PSO, or Halo, or on AIM, or whatever, "Sorry, I have to go, my computer timer is up." They may act like they're sorry, but I almost feel that some of them resent me for this, becuase it was my lack of self-control that got the timer put on in the first place. It's also not good for people in other time zones. For instance, I haven't seen Antimony in over a week, thanks to the computer timer. He's a really cool guy, and I miss playing BB, or even CHATTING with him TERRIBLY becuase I can't talk with him becuase I'm either at school at the early morning hours (for me) that he is on, or I'm sleeping in, not wanting to blow my pitiful time before noon.

Oh, what was my last report card? Hm, lemme think. No, it wasn't all C's, D's, and F's. No, it was three fucking A's, and three B's. Considering I'm in all the toughest classes available, I think this is a fine report card.

And what the fuck do I get to do when my timer is out? Oh, did I forget to mention? Dad locked up my GameCube, Gameboy Advance, and all games and other materials. My only options for entertainment after my computer time up is watching TV, reading, or doing homework. I don't much care for watching TV, though there are some good things on like the Discovery channel sometimes. But I don't want to spend hours watching DVDs, and that's for my favorite shows and movies. And reading, well, it's fine, but I've already read most of my books. Oh, and if dad catches me lying on bed, listening to music, and I look like I'm sleeping, he rouses me, acting like sleeping at any time past noon is a sign of self-weakness.

Oh, joys! Let's not forget about the exercise! Yeah, about the only way I can get any more time on the computer, past my defualt two hours, is to go on maddeningly stupid walks/run/exercise things with dad. While we do them, he likes to spew such sage knowledge as "If you stay in the front, you'll never fall behind." Gee, thanks dad, like I never fucking realized this before. I like my dad, but sometimes he's just so INFURIATING.

Meh, okay, I'll shut the fuck up now, you guys are probably tired of hearing me talk about stuff you don't care about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-09-04 18:25 ]</font>

Aredhel
Sep 4, 2004, 04:53 PM
That's what this forum is for http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

It may seem like it sucks now, but realize what he's trying to, misguidedly so, do for you. He's attempting to get you on a healthy regiment. The word healthy doesn't always have to mean eating right and exercising, though it's very reliant on those two things. It's a strict contrast to things that are unhealthy for you: sleeping too much, being on the computer too much, eating too much, sitting too much, etc... Too much of anything is bad for you; the dose makes the poison. I find it best to have a healthy mix of computer time, work time, exercise time, school time, sitting time, standing time, running time, etc... Your dad is just trying to make sure you are brought up with easily adapatable habits that will follow you throughout you entire life. Is that really so bad? Sometimes - yes. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif He shouldn't be forcing them onto you, it must seem sometimes that you're not even your own person - your just a reflection of him or a puppet of him. Free yourself from this by adapting these healthy habits in a positive and independent manner - basically, show him that you don't need him to take care of you anymore. Only then can you finally say 'stop pestering me, dad' and actually have some validity to back it up. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

As for your friends - I'm not sure what to say. They all sound like complete assholes through what you have posted, but I'm sure that isn't the complete truth based on the fact that you probably wouldn't hang out with them in that case. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Once again, develop happy, healthy habits in your life and the world truly will become a more beautiful place. Sometimes, though - it just takes a little growing up to find who you are and what you want. Give things time.

Eihwaz
Sep 4, 2004, 05:00 PM
On 2004-09-04 14:53, Aredhel wrote:
That's what this forum is for http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

It may seem like it sucks now, but realize what he's trying to, misguidedly so, do for you. He's attempting to get you on a healthy regiment. The word healthy doesn't always have to mean eating right and exercising, though it's very reliant on those two things. It's a strict contrast to things that are unhealthy for you: sleeping too much, being on the computer too much, eating too much, sitting too much, etc... Too much of anything is bad for you; the dose makes the poison. I find it best to have a healthy mix of computer time, work time, exercise time, school time, sitting time, standing time, running time, etc... Your dad is just trying to make sure you are brought up with easily adapatable habits that will follow you throughout you entire life. Is that really so bad? Sometimes - yes. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif He shouldn't be forcing them onto you, it must seem sometimes that you're not even your own person - your just a reflection of him or a puppet of him. Free yourself from this by adapting these healthy habits in a positive and independent manner - basically, show him that you don't need him to take care of you anymore. Only then can you finally say 'stop pestering me, dad' and actually have some validity to back it up. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, I know it's for my own good. And the walks aren't so bad, I guess. It's just annoying that I have to do something so stupid to get even a fraction of the comptuer time my friends get. -_-

As for your friends - I'm not sure what to say. They all sound like complete assholes through what you have posted, but I'm sure that isn't the complete truth based on the fact that you probably wouldn't hang out with them in that case. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Once again, develop happy, healthy habits in your life and the world truly will become a more beautiful place. Sometimes, though - it just takes a little growing up to find who you are and what you want. Give things time.

Well, they're nice sometimes, but other times they are complete and utter assholes. Sometimes they are funny and quite caring, other times they are ignorant jerks.

Like at my friend's 15th birthday party over the summer. Once we were all there, it wasn't very fun for me. They all made stupid jokes about me, and they even teamed up against me in video games, so it was like three on one. -_-

Meh, now I feel stupid and childish for even saying that. >_>

Uncle_bob
Sep 4, 2004, 05:26 PM
Wow, that is a Master Rant, Wazz. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Uncle can sympathise with you on the Dad thing...you've obviously heard of the General before. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Not really sure what to do about the timer thing though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

And as for your friends. When they get on your sack, just tell them to go suck it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Scrub
Sep 4, 2004, 07:39 PM
If you REALLY want to have a lot of time on the computer, I have a way, but you may not like it -

Don't spend ALL your time on the computer. Spend about half of what he gives you. This shows him that you don't need to be on it every second, and he'll eventually take the Timer away.

n_n; Or you could just wait him out and take a li'l longer. Whatever. Sorry for your friends being asses, too. Ever try explaining to them how it hurts your FEELINGS? That works for me.

KodiaX987
Sep 4, 2004, 08:31 PM
On 2004-09-04 17:39, GreyPhantasm wrote:
Ever try explaining to them how it hurts your FEELINGS? That works for me.

Take it from someone who's been bullied: that does NOT work. What worked for me was a good fucking punch in the stomach. THEN they shut the hell up and left me alone.

Scrub
Sep 4, 2004, 08:49 PM
Believe it or not, not everyone in the world likes to resort to violence. I don't know about Eihwaz, but I don't...I used to be violent, though.>_> Enough about that.

Besides, his friends might be able to kick his ass. You never know.

InfernoNR7
Sep 4, 2004, 09:01 PM
Beautiful rant. I can also identify with almost everything you said... Espically the timer. Well, I don't have a timer, but more of a URL blocker. I can only go to sites with the EXACT URL approved by my mom/dad. It's so annoying when I have to tell my friends that I can't check out a site they want me to see.

I can also identify with the hyppocritical/uber-closed-minded Christians. I am a Christian, yet I do not stand around bashing Homosexuals and staying away from them.

Also, I love techno, yet almost all my friends despise it, so I can identify with that as well...

Great rant.

Cannibal-Snowman
Sep 4, 2004, 09:39 PM
Truly an excellent rant. We relate on most (if not all) of your topics (jackass friends, the christian forum, dads.)

As for the Christian forum, I went there and posted in their political forum. Here's what I posted.

You know, it's people like you that really make me hate this society.

I support Kerry. I think Bush is one of the worst presidents we have ever had. Am I a "communist creep?" No (though some of my friends call me a Commie only because I'm Russian, but it's a joke). Do I support terrorism? Hell no, but there's really nothing we can do to stop it. Do I want Saddam in power? NO. He is an evil person (like some of you people), and I'm glad he's out of power. My only complaint with that we shouldn't have gone after Saddam. He didn't attack us on 9-11, nor did he have anything to do with 9-11 or Bin Laden. Those weapons of mass destruction Bush was talking about? There were none in Iraq. Sure, there were some in other countries, but not Iraq. We shouldn't be there right now, nor should we have ever gone there.

Personally, I would rather kill myself than vote for Bush. I'm assuming that because I'm stating my opinion and it's different from yours, you're going to flame me to no end. It won't matter, because none of the stuff you say is true.

Kerry '04.

I can't wait to see what these bastards reply with.

Eihwaz
Sep 4, 2004, 10:00 PM
On 2004-09-04 19:39, Cannibal-Snowman wrote:
Truly an excellent rant. We relate on most (if not all) of your topics (jackass friends, the christian forum, dads.)

As for the Christian forum, I went there and posted in their political forum. Here's what I posted.

You know, it's people like you that really make me hate this society.

I support Kerry. I think Bush is one of the worst presidents we have ever had. Am I a "communist creep?" No (though some of my friends call me a Commie only because I'm Russian, but it's a joke). Do I support terrorism? Hell no, but there's really nothing we can do to stop it. Do I want Saddam in power? NO. He is an evil person (like some of you people), and I'm glad he's out of power. My only complaint with that we shouldn't have gone after Saddam. He didn't attack us on 9-11, nor did he have anything to do with 9-11 or Bin Laden. Those weapons of mass destruction Bush was talking about? There were none in Iraq. Sure, there were some in other countries, but not Iraq. We shouldn't be there right now, nor should we have ever gone there.

Personally, I would rather kill myself than vote for Bush. I'm assuming that because I'm stating my opinion and it's different from yours, you're going to flame me to no end. It won't matter, because none of the stuff you say is true.

Kerry '04.

I can't wait to see what these bastards reply with.

Nice stuff. They'll probably throw childish insults at you, ban you, or possibly edit your posts. That's what they did to me. -_-

TheOneHero
Sep 4, 2004, 10:28 PM
Dude, I can relate to you on everything. Kinda with the dad thing too though it's a little different. You see, it may be hard to belive with all the crazy sutff I do, but I actually have a pretty bad anxeinty disorder. Sometimes it just restricts me from going to school, my dad doesn't really understand about that much. His parents were killed in a car accident when he was 14 and so he grew up just letting stuff happen and going with the flow. So it's hard for him to really connect with me on a lot of things.

About your friends, I say ditch them. If they are gona be fucknuts to you and not care about your feelings, then they arent real friends. I agree with Kodiax, punch in the stomach or something, you don't have to take that shit.

The forums, thats just fucked up. I'm a mormon, *branch of christain* we don't bash gays or lesbians, or people different then us. We except everyone no matter what the look like or what religion they are.

I know I'm gona get flamed for this, but I support Bush in many ways, of course somethings I don't approve of.

The no weapons of mass destruction? Saddam had been warned and so he had plenty of time to get them out. I think we should have gone to Iraq and overthrow Saddam and liberate the peoples of Iraq. Though if you think about it, there are several Evil Tyrants around the world. Many are leaders in Africa, why don't we go and liberate those people? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif Maybe because they don't have oil or lot's of other nice resources?

Anyway, that's a little off topic. Great rant Wazzy.

anwserman
Sep 4, 2004, 10:42 PM

Hmm, first and foremost.. you still are in high-school. Figures, high-school fucking sucks and is the spawn of most childhood nightmares. Those friends just use you since its convenient and that if they're bored, you might entertain them.

By harassing and picking on you.

Anyway, get the most out of those walks! Yes, your dad might spew tons of BS but... if you go on the same walk w/o him with headphones on, he can't drag you along. And you dont listen to his advice but music instead. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Exercise, cut back on eating and then you'll thin up. Trust me. :D

Eihwaz
Sep 4, 2004, 10:49 PM
Oh, and uh...on a side-note: on those Christian forums, I AM captain_x. I rejoined to so I can continue to post and monitor things, as well as try to point out the flaws in their arguments.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-09-04 20:51 ]</font>

Zzzzzz
Sep 4, 2004, 11:13 PM
On 2004-09-04 20:49, Eihwaz wrote:
Oh, and uh...on a side-note: on those Christian forums, I AM captain_x. I rejoined to so I can continue to post and monitor things, as well as try to point out the flaws in their arguments.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-09-04 20:51 ]</font>

Oh. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Zzzzzz/idiots.png)

Eihwaz
Sep 4, 2004, 11:34 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

That's why I posted that actually. It's fine, dude, don't worry about it. If captain_x had been a random person, and I was allowed on the boards legally, I would've said the same thing. XD

opaopajr
Sep 4, 2004, 11:43 PM
1. you need new friends. fair enough, most schools are relatively big and there's oodles of cool people out there. your job is to find them. go out and explore.

2. you need a new father. this one is tougher though. unfortunately you are stuck with him. so avoid him, ignore him, generally make your relationship as vapid and shallow as possible. get into a good college, get a scholarship, suck your father's wallet dry, live a new wonderful life on your own. this will take several years of playing a masking game pretending to love your father and his perspective of parenting.

once you get out of school/off his checkbook living on your own give your parents only your mainline phone number and then disconnect the phone. call once every 6 months. if they have problems with it mention, when you are a success as an adult, that you resent their treatment of you when you were younger and felt completely cut off from them to actually deal with them in a loving way. place the blame of the soured relationship squarely where it belongs - unlistening parenting devoid of mercy or grace. when they complain and twist in the wind, reply "I'll do my duty as a son to make sure you have a relatively clean and safe old folk's home to go to in your old age. But do not ask for love and an adult relationship now after you so callously denied it when I most needed you."

success is the best vengeance.

Eihwaz
Sep 4, 2004, 11:47 PM
On 2004-09-04 21:43, opaopajr wrote:
2. you need a new father. this one is tougher though. unfortunately you are stuck with him. so avoid him, ignore him, generally make your relationship as vapid and shallow as possible. get into a good college, get a scholarship, suck your father's wallet dry, live a new wonderful life on your own. this will take several years of playing a masking game pretending to love your father and his perspective of parenting.

once you get out of school/off his checkbook living on your own give your parents only your mainline phone number and then disconnect the phone. call once every 6 months. if they have problems with it mention, when you are a success as an adult, that you resent their treatment of you when you were younger and felt completely cut off from them to actually deal with them in a loving way. place the blame of the soured relationship squarely where it belongs - unlistening parenting devoid of mercy or grace. when they complain and twist in the wind, reply "I'll do my duty as a son to make sure you have a relatively clean and safe old folk's home to go to in your old age. But do not ask for love and an adult relationship now after you so callously denied it when I most needed you."

success is the best vengeance.

Okay, that sounds a bit...too extreme. I DO love my dad, he's a great dad. He's just a bit...annoying and assholish with regards to some things.

opaopajr
Sep 4, 2004, 11:57 PM
hmm, thought you didn't have *that* much angst in your heart. good... there's something to work with between you two.

but a good reminder that he too must grow old and dependent once again will remind him that "he who rules today serves tomorrow." if his 'love' is not bringing forth the best from you something needs to change right? if you already tried his regimen and it's not working (building animosity, thwarting your personal growth) where must the change therefore come from? yes, that's right, your dad. so you need to have a serious talk with him. and he needs to listen.

if he cannot or will not, remind him that when the tables turn in due time he would want the same kindness and consideration. if he refuses from there you may have to reevaluate your assessment of your father. most likely he's just being stubborn, most dad's are.

love that brings you down instead of elevate you is no worthy love at all. it is sick and needs to be culled. cull it with a serious adult conversation with him. let's see if he's adult enough to handle such a thing.

Shattered_weasel
Sep 5, 2004, 01:25 AM
Now its time for me to give some advice.

1. DDR. Its a videogame. It's exorcise. It's fun

2. Ok this one you might not like. If you have a football team I would suggest joining it. It will beef you up, scare some people off and get you respect.

3. I don't know if you already have but show your Dad what you have done. You have gotten 3 A's. Hell if I had 3 A's my parents would buy me anything.

4. Beat the shit out of your friends. They don't sound like your friends at all. They sound like anal licking ass munchers.

5. Show your dad what you have just said. Some times the truth is needed.

6. Thanks for giving me that forum link. I am going to have so much fun.

I can relate with you a whole lot but only when I was 10-13. My parents tried to limit me on Computer and Videogames but it didn't work. I was "Husky" when I was that age but when I joined the football team I bulked up a whole lot.

Now I am a big boy now. Just wait untill you are about 16. Stuff will change. Hopefully.....

Good luck

Cannibal-Snowman
Sep 5, 2004, 06:39 AM
Well, this is interesting. I haven't gotten a single flame yet. No childish posts, no editing, nothing! In fact, somebody actually thanked me for posting that. They said that I made an intelligent post, stating not only that I didn't like Bush, but also I stated why. Well, I respect that person just a little bit more because they didn't bash me for my opinion.

I'm gonna post in the Gay Rights topic and see what happens (Just so you know, I have nothing against gays/lesbians).

Rainbowlemon
Sep 5, 2004, 09:01 AM
On 2004-09-04 14:36, Eihwaz wrote:
For instance, I haven't seen Antimony in over a week, thanks to the computer timer. He's a really cool guy, and I miss playing BB, or even CHATTING with him TERRIBLY becuase I can't talk with him becuase I'm either at school at the early morning hours (for me) that he is on, or I'm sleeping in, not wanting to blow my pitiful time before noon.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/blush.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif D00d, that's so touching! *quickly wipes tear* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Your timer thang sucks, but methinks maybe you shouldn't be messing about with it? I mean, if he realises you've been on for, like, 4 hours when you should have only half of that, he'd sorta get a bit suspicious...I reckon the best option would be talking it out with him...alright, even if it doesn't effect how long you can stay online, at least it should clear the air a little http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

You should start swimming, it's the best form of excercise - no strain on your body and you burn loadsa calories! So, maybe you could kill 2, even 3 birds with one SMG burst! (come on, it's the 21st century here, we dont kill birds with stones >_>) j00 could lose a bit of weight to satisfy your ever-so-shallow-sounding friends, you could make yourself feel better by doing lots of healthy exercise (ugh...) and you can please your dad, perhaps leading to more online time!

And another thing, stop pestering me about my choices in games. I don't give a fuck if you HATE every aspect of PSO, or think that BB is a waste of time and money. I actually ENJOY playing it, so I will continue to spend MY money on it.

Ahhhhhhhhh, I get that SO much. It's like, 'dude, that game is so crap, it's all the same thing, why are you paying for this shit?' *sigh* So many people are so dead certain of their point of view nowadays, it's so immensely annoying...

Also, if your friends taunt and annoy you, I've learnt that opposing it, and trying to give comebacks only makes things worse...maybe if you could just laugh along with them, actually criticise yourself (sort of in a sarcastic manner, but the non-audible type of sarcasm http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) they'd finally lay everything off.

...About the forums. What can I say? Some people are natural assholes at heart! Basically, people put on the earth just to walk around pointing and laughing at people, and being annoying >_> Either don't bother with the forums (no offense to anyone meant, but they sorta look pretty crap anyway <_<) or continue to use your other secret account http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Out of personal interest, why did you join up to a christian forum? For some reason I seem to remember you being atheist... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

And what the fuck do I get to do when my timer is out? Oh, did I forget to mention? Dad locked up my GameCube, Gameboy Advance, and all games and other materials. My only options for entertainment after my computer time up is watching TV, reading, or doing homework. I don't much care for watching TV, though there are some good things on like the Discovery channel sometimes. But I don't want to spend hours watching DVDs, and that's for my favorite shows and movies. And reading, well, it's fine, but I've already read most of my books. Oh, and if dad catches me lying on bed, listening to music, and I look like I'm sleeping, he rouses me, acting like sleeping at any time past noon is a sign of self-weakness.

Go outside and have a kickabout? Honestly, I think you're a mirror of what I was at your age, it's scary ^_^ I never could be bothered goin outside, I liked to just stay in and play games...actually, not too much has changed from that, bar the fact that the internet, my only true reason to be on the computer, is beginning to fail in keeping me entertained. Whenever I find that I'm bored and nobody's online, on PSOW or msn, or aim that I want to talk to, I go outside, kick a ball around, go for a run, basically just set myself free for a bit!
In a weird way, I sorta see that time as in-between time till my next sesh on the computer...I suppose that's not really a good way to go, but doods like us just enjoy being at the pc too much >_>

Here's something you can do - if you know you have a whole day completely free, and you're ready for something different, just walk. Walk anywhere, it doesn't matter, just remember where you're going, so you can get back home. If your parents wont let you do that, complain and complain and say that they're too uptight, and you're more trustworth than you're treated to be, etc etc, until they finally break. If you continue to nag long enough and prove you're worthy of their trust, you will break them eventually - That was basically how I broke free from my parents http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Also, when just going on a random walk, you'd be surprised the cool places you can find when you're not really looking! XD

I will try and get on aim later tonight, but I have no idea when you'll be on, so I can only hope >_> I need to tell you how my 18th party went http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ciao for now, hoping to speak to you soon! For now, PMs will have to do http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PJ
Sep 5, 2004, 09:14 AM
I know you wouldn't agree with me Wazzy, but I posted at the forums http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I didn't post in the Bush discussion, because I really couldn't say which one is better, only being that I'm Canadian and I don't need to care. Heck, I didn't even know who was running for PM for my own country XP (So the only other place I couldave posted is the Gay rights topic http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

Eihwaz
Sep 5, 2004, 01:09 PM
On 2004-09-05 07:01, Antimony wrote:
...About the forums. What can I say? Some people are natural assholes at heart! Basically, people put on the earth just to walk around pointing and laughing at people, and being annoying >_> Either don't bother with the forums (no offense to anyone meant, but they sorta look pretty crap anyway <_<) or continue to use your other secret account http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Out of personal interest, why did you join up to a christian forum? For some reason I seem to remember you being atheist... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

One day, Wazzy opens his friend's AIM profile. He sees a link to a forum. Since Wazzy loves forums, he went and joined. Then he realized WTF it was. He then decided to stay to pwn their opinion...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Yeah, I'm a pathethic thing, eh? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Go outside and have a kickabout? Honestly, I think you're a mirror of what I was at your age, it's scary ^_^ I never could be bothered goin outside, I liked to just stay in and play games...actually, not too much has changed from that, bar the fact that the internet, my only true reason to be on the computer, is beginning to fail in keeping me entertained. Whenever I find that I'm bored and nobody's online, on PSOW or msn, or aim that I want to talk to, I go outside, kick a ball around, go for a run, basically just set myself free for a bit!
In a weird way, I sorta see that time as in-between time till my next sesh on the computer...I suppose that's not really a good way to go, but doods like us just enjoy being at the pc too much >_>

I suppose they could let me go for walks...:3

And yesh, get on AIM sometime, we must talk! I finally made that FOmar! XD

WraithVerge
Sep 5, 2004, 08:47 PM
lol Wazman you need to burn those bridges, man. From the looks of it, those ain't friends... you're most likely only a walking joke to them.

I had something like that happen to me. When it was me and my 'friends' only we would have a blast, but when it EVER came to SCHOOL or some PUBLIC place oh my freakin G-O-D I wanted to beat the effin livin eff out the effin effers for effin every effin little effin... needless to say, I was angry at them most of the time. I quickly understood that I meant absolutely nothing to them outside of "Can I borrow 5 dollars?"

Eff that. I befriended new people and I am a WHOLE lot happier.

InfinityXXX
Sep 5, 2004, 11:53 PM

Firstly, concerning my friends. I'm getting pissed about some of the things you do. For instance, my musical tastes. I don't mind if you don't like my styles of music (like trance, or J-Rock), but that doesn't mean you can bash it to pieces. I'm getting rather sick of your taunts of "that techno crap is lame, anyone can make it in like 3 seconds on the computer" and "don't listen to those gay Japanese singers, they're just trying to copy Americans". Also, I hate it when I mention a new band, you demo their music on Amazon, then go around saying "oh they suck" like it's a fucking god damned fact of nature. If you don't like my music, that's fine, but get off my damn back about it. -_-

And another thing, stop being so god damned self-righteous. One of my friends thinks that I'm immature. I don't CARE if my tastes in music, games, anime, or WHATEVER make me "immature" in your eyes, so meh. Also, PSOW isn't filled with twelve-year olds that speak in 1337, it's filled with many funny, mature people that are damn fun to talk to.

I'm also quite sick of how assholish you are towards me at lunch time. We all sit together, yes. I choose to sit there willingly. So if you don't mind, could you please refrain from constantly making stupid fucking jokes about my weight, about my tastes in things, about my other friends. And when I ask an obvious question, don't act like I'm retarded. One of my friends mentioned something about someone actually shooting their Xbox with a gun, and how it survived. I inquired, "What did he shoot it with?". He replies "OH MY GOD MATT, you're so fucking stupid. He used a gun, retard." -_-

EDIT: Oh, and before I forget! I recently joined a Christian forum, I found a link in a friend's buddy profile on AIM. I joined up, and posted some stuff. I posted about being Agnostic. One of my friends, who is a mod there, replies with something to the effect of "Yeah your body is a temple so get some exercise fat matt!! nah I'm just joking". When I implore him to post something that isn't stupid shitty spam, he replies "Uh, well according to my belief, you're doomed to hell. Hope you like eternal suffering, unless you change your mind." Then I realized the site, for all of it's 10 members, was nothing for a place for them to talk about how great Bush and all the Republicans are, how horrible and stupid gays are (yeah, I mean, they CHOOSE to be this way, let's abuse them!), and other self-righteous bullshit. The forum layout of course sucked, so I asked the leader of the site to make me admin so I could fix the layout. I delete some posts, and re-arange fourms. My friends berate me with like "gee thanks for ruining the forum matt", and of course, I am banned. Let's not forget that after they banned me, they change my post about my music tastes from something that mentioned Air, The Flaming Lips, and Daft Punk to, and edited it to, and I quote:

i luv japanese "bands" that want to be like umrican bands but cuz because they are teh suck!!!!!!!!1 l0l! i like teh crappy songs sung in teh japonanese with guys that sound teh gay singing l0l!.

i also like ruining forums because i am teh censored. i delete teh funniest areas with teh funniest posts. l0l! isn't that so funny!

Should anyone think I made this up, you can go here (http://firefightingworld.com/offgforum/viewtopic.php?t=10) to see for yourself.

I had a friend that always talked about my taste in music and games. My 2nd Fav type of music is dance and 4th is J-pop and my friend use to rag and rag all on it so I said "You don't like my music then f*** you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif" Those guys aren't friends and i hope they rot somewhere. A friend is suppose to at least deal with another friends intrest not just rag on it and the friend.

Sagasu
Sep 6, 2004, 01:31 AM
these guys..

are fanatics http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Sorry if I went overboard with my posts there, but they were really try to shove god into my life.

An example:

Samus Rules said:

Its written down in a book. Its called the bible. Mabe youve heard of it?

Sagasu said:

I've heard of it.

And I've also shot one with a shotgun. It made a pretty puff of shredded paper.

Now I suppose your going to scream at me for saying that.

Or perhaps ban me?

Oh no! You might even send me to hell! [/sarcastic]

They've threatened, and done most of those things. I haven't been banned yet though..

Xaos127
Sep 6, 2004, 09:27 AM
Wow, great rant..
About your friends seriously just toughen up, i had a friend who used to get picked on alot by some of my other friends, he started to do weights and buffed up You Know What he never got picked on again.
On another note a friend of mine used to always talk crap about PSO to me, you know what i did i backhanded him!! So my advice buy weights and if you like a particular sport you should join up.

About the computer as stated above you should show him your report card and tell him without the comp for helpful resources your grades could drop dramaticlly!!

Well hope that helps and expect to see a satanist named Xaos joined those cristian boards.

P.S im not a satanist, just making sure you understand that

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xaos127 on 2004-09-06 07:29 ]</font>

Shattered_weasel
Sep 6, 2004, 11:09 AM
All I have to say now is....WE PWNED THAT BOARD!