PDA

View Full Version : SectionID - Oh tell mine is special!

GLHeX
Feb 21, 2001, 09:31 AM
Okay, so i have a lvl 47 HUmar and my Section ID is "Yellowboze"

Now how would my luck/mags/ablilities be different if i had another Section ID?

Basically what im asking is, what are the pros and cons of one SectionID vs. another?

Thanks for any info.

SeQrEt_1
Feb 21, 2001, 09:35 AM
I've heard that you can find more money and such items on certain section ids.. that's all I know though.

50volts
Feb 21, 2001, 09:55 AM
I think that people are worrying too much about their IDs. It only matters in games you create. Otherwise the section ID of the creator is used and not your's when items are generated. As for Mags, well, i just take what I get (i would be happier of those darn Kamas didn't look so similar to... well you know).

50volts
Feb 21, 2001, 10:01 AM
I think that people are worrying too much about their IDs. It only matters in games you create. Otherwise the section ID of the creator is used and not your's when items are generated. As for Mags, well, i just take what I get (i would be happier of those darn Kamas didn't look so similar to... well you know).

GLHeX
Feb 21, 2001, 10:04 AM
Okay, i was just wondering about it, thats all, thanks a lot.

Dr_Shnee
Feb 21, 2001, 11:04 AM
Sec. ID's determine what types of Items you find, and the tekker that you have.

I'm a Whitill, so that means that I find more slicer and mechgun weapons. The other ID's have their set of frequent items accordingly.

In my opinion, Yellowboze is possibly the best one. Not only do you find higher amounts of meseta, but all of the items and weapons appear with the same frequency, so it's more balanced.

GLHex, if I'm not mistaken, your particular (the one that appears on offline mode) happens to be a tall purple and green guy with a turban, am I correct?

SeomanCChome
Feb 21, 2001, 12:17 PM
Yellowboze tekker is the short skinny old man with a beard and a monocle like thing over his eye.

Seo

DCKaz
Feb 21, 2001, 01:35 PM
Can anyone tell me about Greenhil?

I have such a hard time getting tech disks of worth I'm getting annoyed :b

When you have near 400MST and only find/have for sale 200ish MST tech disks..

:b

DCKaz

trunks
Feb 21, 2001, 02:56 PM
does any 1 no what kind of weapons bluefull gets?

Ambrai
Feb 21, 2001, 04:29 PM
Unfortunaly there is no real information about the section id's. Currently its all theory. What we can do if you are willing to put in the time is this.

Give me 2 voluenteeers from each section ID. Over 8 hours of combat you write down every item you get, no matter how trivial. Make sure you are soloing and are online. I will make the comparisons and create a table off of the data I get.

Is anyone willing to put in the time for this? If so private message me.

This way we can finally know the truth about the section ID's.

SeomanCC
Feb 21, 2001, 04:45 PM
DCKaz:

Better spell disks become available for every increment of 10 levels you achieve...but trust me, the disks in shop are always far behind what level your spells should be at for your level. Greenhill finds spells just fine, my 64 HUmar is greenhill and he has better spells by far than my 37 FOnewm. By 37 my hunter had already found Megid level 4 and grantes level 3. My yellowboze force only found grantes 1 last nite and has yet to find megid. Just make sure people you team with give you first choice of spells and you give them first choice of weapons (ues armor to sell for fluid cash)

Seo

JaDe
Feb 21, 2001, 05:29 PM
Well my character is a level 60 Fomarl, her section id is Viridia....and I have a lot of stuff already...I found both Grants level 6 and Megid level 6 in the forest on very hard mode....and a whole lot of DB's armor's......so this section id thing is very confusing...I think the rare weapons are just random...and the only thing your section id effects is your tekker...

ninvampire
Feb 21, 2001, 05:52 PM
There is a complete list of how section ID affects item generation in the Versus Books strategy guide. However my guide is at home (I'm at work right now) and cannot list it off at the moment. I will later ince I do get home though.

GLHeX
Feb 22, 2001, 05:37 AM
Thanks for your help everyone.