PDA

View Full Version : just when you think life is going good for you...

KaFKa
Sep 5, 2004, 05:35 AM
shit like this happens.

i know most people here dont like me, so spare the flames that might happen because i made a thread.

ive been looking forward to tonight for some time now. those of you that live in vegas might know this little get together as midnight mayhem. its essentially a big street-racing get together.

now, i go, and have a couple races. i miraculously win both, netting me $400 in the process. im happy, my friends are happy, everyone except for the people i beat are happy. now since i won both races, i leave for the night with my wife and a good friend of mine. as i make a left on a random street, i see a drunk driver careening twoards me. stomping the gas i try to get away, but he was going about 80-90MPH at the time, and catches the back quarter panel.

after much spinning and tire squealing and everything else that goes along with a crash, i kill the engine and look to my wife and friend to see that they're both just fine, although a bit shaken.

i unbuckle my seat, and get out, to see that the guy in the truck has done the same, but was laying on the ground laughing, with a little blood coming from his nose.

by this time i know the guy is drunk off his ass, and go back to the car and call the cops, and a tow truck for myself.

an hour later, i have myslef a witness form written and signed, and im sitting in the tow truck with some guy named Joe, my wife, and my friend. tow truck driver takes us home, and drives off with my car to the garage, where it'll hopefully get fixed.

meh, no real point, i just needed to vent myself before going to sleep. good night.

geewj
Sep 5, 2004, 05:48 AM
Sounds like all things concidered it was a damn good night.

Evergea
Sep 5, 2004, 08:09 AM
Nice split second timing. That might have saved your car. I know a guy who wasn't quite so lucky with his DeLorean. He'd had it for only a short time (I think a few weeks). Then some kid smashes into the car T-boning it (passenger side). Due to the fact the DeLorean owner had a beer bottle in his car at the time (he wasn't drinking) his insurance refuses to pay for the damage.

The kid who caused the accident was needless to say horrified when he realized what car it was. The DeLorean? The Back to the Future car. Safe little car, but can get beaten up easily.

SpikeOtacon
Sep 5, 2004, 08:19 AM
That does suck, but it could have turned out so much worse. I'm glad to hear both you and Alicia are fine. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

navci
Sep 5, 2004, 01:56 PM
AT least all of you are okay. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
That is more than anything else.

Firocket1690
Sep 7, 2004, 04:49 AM
On 2004-09-05 06:09, Evergea wrote:
The kid who caused the accident was needless to say horrified when he realized what car it was. The DeLorean? The Back to the Future car. Safe little car, but can get beaten up easily.

... those are avalable for sale ? =o
they broke 17 deloreans during the making of BttF 1 ~ 3
[/random fact]

oh and starting when doed kafka street race ? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
sounds like fun