PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: PSO Gaidens (long reads)

Shadowpawn
Sep 5, 2004, 05:12 PM
Gaiden is a Japanese term for a side story. Sometimes the english phrase "Another Story" is used within a Japanese title.~As defined by Wikipedia

Intro: I had a little trouble with the BBcode so it looks a little out of order and has some of the coding in it (too long to fix). I was working this story a while back and I did proofread it so there might br some grammar errors in this story...also there is a charatcer introed later in the story, Vince Omega, he's in sereval of my other stories (none of which are on this site yet) so he isn't just in there as a extra. This is my first fan fic here at PSOWorld...hope you all enjoy it. (also if you see the grammar errors in the story, feel free to point them out, it saves them when proofread this.)

EDIT: Removed code and changed the spacing of the paragraphs.

EDIT: Added code to preserve quotes.

EDIT: Question: Can someone tell me how to keep the apostrophes in this?

EDIT: Changed title to collection of PSO fanfics...meaning I'll add more to this thread.

Announcement: I'll Be editing this real soon, I got rid of the code. Later on I'll remove add quotes and apostrophes

EDIT: Finish change quotes and apostrophes...I'll format later.

EDIT:Paragraphs have been broken for a more lesiure time reading.

EDIT:Format complete...

PSO:Kaiser

During the reign of King Lassic, it was outlawed to practice magic without the consent of the King himself (and the King gave consent to very few.) This law specially targeted a group of magicians who lived by the code of magic, a group known as the Espers. The Espers were lashed at for practice magic and (at times) prosecuted for this.To avoid dealing with the mobs the Espers moved out of Plama to neighboring planets Motavia and Dezoris. Later, four warriors, Alis Landale (later Queen Landale), Odin (a Resistance member and future Supreme Commander of the Plamian army), Mayu (a Musk Cat who would later become a man) and Noah (an Esper who becomes leader of the Esper Society) would defeat the Dark King and free the Algo solar system from his grip. Under the rule of Queen Landale the ban on Magic would be lifted, but a majority of people still held grudges against the Espers, thinking that on the planet known as Dezoris.

The people of Dezoris live under the harshest conditions under King Lassic's rule, coincidental this treatment began when the most of the Esper people had relocated to the ice planet. The prejudge was so bad that the Espers had go in hiding, so they bulit a buliding to live in away from the Dezorians; They called it Esper Mansion. One day, the Dezoris army found this building and launched an attack.The Espers fought back bravely, but they won at a horrible price. Most of the Espers were slain in the process, Noah was infuriated. In his rage he and the rest of the Espers went to the capital of Dezorians and destoryed it. After this they went back to the remains of Esper Mansion and began to rebuild. They reformed the terrian and buried the bodies of the dead with their magic. However this extreme use their gift had dire consequences. Noah, under the stress of exerting his magic fell ill, the rest lost their powers due to over-taxation.

Noah was dying (such exertion had drain him of his life energy.) but he knew he couldn't leave his clan without an able leader, so his called on his most valued student, Lutz, to take over for him. He told Lutz that he would be responsible for leading the next group of heroes who would rise when Darkness returns. He told Ltuz that he must use the cryogenic capsule in the secret room which was in the main chamber, to put him self in suspended animation. He must awaken every ten years and attempt restore the powers of the Espers. When Lutz questioned how master Noah responded, "You'll know in time."

Lutz wasn't the only Esper to retain his powers. Another Esper, by the name of Kaiser, had retained her powers. At the time of the incident she was only four but at that age she knew how to feel pain... and hatred. She hated the fact that the Esper community was frowned upon by the Algo system and she wonder why people hated them so much? She learned of King Lassic and the riots against them; she learned of Queen Landale and wonder why she didn't do anything to stop this? She learned about Master Noah himself and wondered why would they attack someone who saved them all? She learned first-hand about bigotry and prejudice as she made her trips to the city for food. Time and time again people would gawk at her or they would turn their heads to the side and refused to look.

They teased her and degrade her; at times she would cry and wish she wasn't who she was. But one day, things changed. She got sick of all the maltreatment and decided that she would take it any more. The next time someone bullied her, she not only used her magic to put the bullies in their place but she leveled a couple of houses. Sure some people didn't deserve it but so what, they were only getting what they dished out anyway. Besides...She felt better knowing that she was letting out her rage (and that's all that counted anyway, right?) The other Espers had disapproved of her for using her powers for revenge but they couldn't do a thing about it because they had lost their powers. They had to wait for Lutz to reawaken to deal with her, when he did awaken to deal with her, when he diid awaken she was 14 years of age.

Lutz awaken from his slumber; he walks out of the secret room and into the main chamber.When he enters the main chamber another Esper confronts him."Master Lutz," he says with a hint of urgency in his voice "Kaiser has been using her powers for malicious purpose." "What exactly do you mean by 'malicious purpose Rai'?" Rai answers , "Well, lately she has been going into Dezorian towns and destroying building and houses." Lutz asks Rai, "Why do you suppose she has been going into Dezorian towns and destroying buildings and houses." Lutz asks Rai, "Why do you suppose she has been displaying such ill will towards the Dezorian citizens?" Rai answers, "Well I suppose it had it has to do with that awful day. It's poosible that she stills harbors rancor for the Dezorians because of that Light-awful event." Lutz looks puzzled, "How could that be, she was just four when that happened." Lutz and Rai enter the hallway; they stroll towards the lobby. As they walk on they continue talking, Rai looks at Lutz, "Well it was kind of traumatizing for the girl, I mean, losing her parents and all I guess she would feel some anger towards them. Quite frankly I do too." Lutz answered back "As do I but as people of greater understanding we are not out to seek revenge on our former enemies but excel beyond that state.

Master Noah once took revenge upon his enemies upon his and well..." As they enter the main lobby they see the Esper people that have lost their powers. There was once a time when these people would do mediocre tasks with ease via telepathy but now they do everything by physical means."...you see the results." stated Lutz. "Right, right. I to have lost my powers due too Master Noah's haste but I'm sure that..." Rai "...Master Noah meant no harm," finished Lutz. "That is exactly the point I'm trying to make here. Kaiser may think that by destroying Dezo towns that she may help us out but in reality it may only hinder us." Rai looks at Lutz, "I see. In that case I believe you should have a talk with her she wouldn't listen to us because we don't have powers." "'She'll only listen to Espers' she said 'not Half Espers.'," Rai says. Lutz then says, "Fine, I suppose that I should deal with her first anyway.

After that I can concentrate on restoring the students powers." Rai says, "I will lead you to her room." Lutz and Rai make a one-eighty as they go though the hallways of the mansion to the second floor where Kaiser's room lie. Rai knocks on the door. "Kaiser." He knocks again, "Kaiser!" He turns the knob, the door is open. Inside Kaiser's room is a bed decorated with a pink heart covered sheet adjacent to two heart-shaped pillows. The walls were pink and decorated with imaginary animals including an anime-ish dragon with big glassy eyes. The floor was covered with a pink rug, on the left of the room was desk. The desk had a computer (latest invention in Algo) notary pad, some trinkets an alarm clock and a copy of Teen Algo ( You know you're a loser of you don't have Teen Algo, duh.) It was the typical setting of a fourteen-year old girl's room. Rai looks at the room, "She must have left, I'll ask around to see if anyone has seen her." Rai leaves the room, Lutz remains. Lutz walks over to the desk, he picks up the pad. He cycles through the pages until he finds something that catches his eye, it's entitled "Judgement." Lutz to read the paper, "It looks like that she didn't want anyone reading this," he says to himself, "it's written in ancient Motavian language."

He begins to read the passage, "On twenty-sixth of this month (that's today) those people who have taken what was dear to me will suffer the same fate. I plan to delivery the blow to the capital of this planet. They will know fear as they are in the same state as our dead." Lutz places a finger on his lips, "Hmm, rather cryptic." Rai reappears in the room, "Shune said that she seen Kaiser and she said that she was going to the capital to "see the sights." I don't know what that means but..." Lutz says, "I do...thanks Rai." And in an instant Lutz vanishes thanks to a spell known as Ryuker.

He reappears on the Elevated Ice Towers (as they're called,) in the distance he finds Kaiser looking over the town (probably saving the moment before she demolishes the town.) Lutz calls out to her, "Kaiser!" Kaiser turns around and sees Lutz. "Lutz!" she says as she runs over to him. She embraces him, he does so as well. "What are you doing here?" she says as she flings her long black her from the front of her face to the side. From a distance you would swear they were lovers, they both were nearly the same age standing in an embrace.

Lutz face turns from pleasant to solemn, "I'm here to stop you from making a huge mistake." Kaiser suddenly stops smiling, "So, they told you about my behavior huh?" Lutz nods head, "You know you don't have to go though with this." Kaiser steps back from Lutz, "No, I do. Do you know how it feels to lose everything.? Lutz says," I'm a Esper too I know how you feel about..." Kaiser interrupts, "You know I knew you going to say that, this goes beyond that. It's about our identity, our society." Kaiser walks back over to the edge of the cliff. It over looks the grand city, it thrives with life and is busy with hovercars floating by as the neon lights flash the cars onward. The lights reflect upon Kaiser's face, "Don't you see, as they evolve we devolve. They destroyed our home, killed our people and scorn us with no reason.

With our powers gone do you know what that means to them?" Lutz is silent, "Victory Lutz, Victory. You see they succeeded Lutz, they destroyed us. Me and you are the only Espers left." Lutz approaches Kaiser, "Having powers doesn't make you an Esper Kaiser, come back to the mansion, you can help me restore the powers to the rest. You'll see that they haven't destroyed us. Kaiser simply laughs, "No. I want them to know Lutz, I want to know suffering like we have known." Lutz raises his cane, "Then I have no choice but to stop you."

The cave is dark and frigid; a sheet of ice surrounds the two on the walls of the circular platform. Lutz rushes towards Kaiser, she does likewise. The two engage in melee combat, going at with whatever. Lutz strikes with his staff, Kaiser parries and kicks into Lutz's abdomen. Lutz grabs the foot and flips Kaiser around in mid-air, she lands on her face. She teleports off the ground and reappears above Lutz's head. A summons a barrage of fireballs directed at Lutz, Lutz summons an equal amount of snow.

The spells cancel each other; Kaiser expected this and hits Lutz with a shoulder drop. Lutz staggers back in pain as Kaiser teleports and reappears in front of Lutz, Lutz then grabs her and sends a current of electrical energy into her body. Kaiser is struck, her body submits. Lutz then binds her in a magical bond, before the bond is complete Kaiser asks Lutz "Why?" Lutz answers, "Because I didn't want you to be a murder, I didn't want that on your heart." Just when the bond is complete Lutz says you will be released form this bond in ten years. Maybe that will cool you off. Five minutes later Lutz returns to the mansion, Rai asks, "How did it go?" Lutz said, "I had to bind her for ten years." Rai said "Ten years, isn't that a bit harsh." Lutz said "Perhaps, but it will give her time to cool off."

Five years later
Kaiser is discovered in the cave by some local Dezorians, they took her suspended body to the city and placed in the museum. Think discovered an ancient Dezorian, before the green pigment kicked in.

Five years later
Lutz awakens and goes off in search of Kaiser, he goes to the spot where he fought her and couldn?t find her. With her powers binded Lutz could not track her down. He searched with great effort but failed his efforts in vain. He never forgave himself for the mistake he had made.

One thousand and nine-hundred and ninety years later
The cold climate of the planet and the even colder temperature of the now dead museum delayed the effects of the spell drastically. She was due to stay in that condition for another two hundred years but then... Kaiser's body begins to shake, a loud roar can be heard and Kaiser begins to scream. ...the bond is broken.

Through shear will power Kaiser has broken the spell, if it was for the climate of this planet she would have gotten out the bond the second she was placed under it. Kaiser awakens in a strange place, she feels cold. She looks down at herself to make a discovery...she hasn't the faintest article of cloth on her body (pervs!) She looks around the room for some kind of clothing, she walks around and discovers the museums office. Inside the office were four unlocked lockers, one had a uniform. It was the uniform that Dezo police would wear but she didn't know that. She quickly robes into the uniform and heads out of the room. She eventually finds her way to the exit, when she emerges she finds herself in the behemoth of all cities. The steel towers broke into the sky themselves seeming to reach the heavens. The sky was filled with hovercars, all kinds that she hasn't seen before. The city is loud and flashy with even more neon lights then before. There were new businesses that she hasn't seen before around.

There was the teleportation center and the clone shop, the photon weapon shop and something called the trekker booth. She walked over the trekker booth and asked him with year it was. The first thing she noticed about him that he wasn't a Dezorian, he was Palmian (or so she thought.) The trekker looked at her with a bit of a sarcastic look and said "Are you kidding?" She said, "No sir, I'm not." The trekker says, "Aw come on, you know it's the space year 362.25. Quit joking around!"

She gasped and held her hand to her gaping mouth, how could Lutz imprison her for two thousand years! The trekker looked at her, "Hey aren't you suppose to be guarding the presidential place, you know the president will be coming here on some official business so you better look sharp." Her mission, she had fought about her mission. It may be two thousand years later but she can still made them suffer the way her people has. "You're right," she said, "I better get back to work." Kaiser thought that by posing as a guard she can get close to the president then assassinate him. That would throw the planet in a state of turmoil. How, how was she going to get that close she thought. "Hey," a guard says, "are you new around here?" She turned to meet her interrogator with a pleasing smile, "Yes, you see I was just assigned here." The guard turns back into the direction of the shops, "Well stay sharp rookie, if the boss catches you daydreaming like that he'll fire your ass. The boss wants everything to be prefect for the president's arrival; the prez has to go to Coral to establish trade routes with Dezoris. If he succeed it will be the first trade route between galaxies, it's some sort of big fuckin' deal or whatnot." Kaiser asks, "What's the launching pad" I don't see one around here." The guard says, "It's suppose to be in the back. Anyway if you want to keep your job, go tree (stand still), understand?" Kaiser says, "Right."

Simple enough, all she had to do was wait until the president comes, make up some phony excuse about why she has to leave her post and make her way onto the ship. It wasn't long until the president arrived. The president made his way past Kaiser and the guard into the building; two other guards came face to face with Kaiser and the guard she was with. "We're here to relieve you." That was all they said. "Don't have to tell me twice," the guard said and he was off. Kaiser proceeded to walk into the building, but one of the guards stopped her. "Where are you going. We have relieved you," he said. She turned around the face him and began to jump up and down on her feet while bunching them together as if they were holding something.

She bit on her lips and said, "Come on, let me go. I've been standing here all day. Can't a girl take a tinkle nowadays?" The guard let her go, "Fine,go." She smiled and said, "Thank you" and she run into the building and into a nearby hallway with the impression that she had to go badly.

When she was out of the guard's sight she had stopped her act. Now she had to find the launching site, she looked at the directory, according to it she had to make a turn to the left and walk straight down. She does so and discovers more guards at the entrance, she could just wrap into the rocket but most likely someone will see her. She could become invisible but it takes to much energy, she saw a loading ring next to the entrance and it hit her, she could sneak onto the rocket via suitcase (you see she was tall but she small as well.) She need a distraction, went into the bathroom near the entrance and dropped a firebomb into one of the toilets, she walked out and went over to a safe distance. Kaboom, the water from the toiler in the bathroom came flooding out of the room.

The guard went into the room to see what the problem was, she went over to the suitcases, empty it and threw its contents in the trash (it was just some dirty mags of some Dezo harlotets) and placed herself in the suitcase, locking it with her magic. The guard came back, she could hear them from outside s but from inside their voice sounded muffled. "some...threw...blow the hole fu...damn him!" One guard said. Someone picked up the suitcase, "light...what's in...man," she heard the woman say. The suitcase was scanned, it didn't detect her, and make its way onto the ship.

Minutes later the sound of engines firing and the propellment of the rocket pushing the suitcase back assured her that she was making her way into space. When the movement stopped she opened the suitcase with her magic, she fell out gasping for air. Kaiser was in the cargo area, the door was shut tight. For know all Kaiser could do was wait until the ship stopped. She was alone with her thoughts, why would Lutz do her like this" Why two thousands years...didn't he care. Why did the other allow him to do this? Why her? Nobody cares. Nobody cares were the words that would echo in her head as she cried herself to sleep.

She woke up to the sound of a thump, the ship had landed. Kaiser quickly turned herself invisible, the cargo door opened. A male and female had entered to take the luggage out. Kaiser made her way outside, she floated to the top of the ship and placed herself into position. She could see the president talking with two men, the same two guards that she had meet were acting as his bodyguards. She points her finger at the head of the prez, and was about to fire but she hesitated. Was she about to commit murder, could she commit murder? Is that what Lutz tried to make her realize, that she shouldn't kill.

While she was thinking this, the two "guard" had placed a gun at the president's head. POP POP POP, the prez was no more. She was surprised, she didn't think they were hitmen. The four men had gone into the ship, more firing was heard...then silence. The men had come out with a bunch of weapons in their hands, they brought a Landrover around and started to raid the ship. Kaiser had to get out of here and fast. Looking in the horizon of the alien planet she saw a town. She decided to warp into the town and get away from this crazy place. She made her way into the town, she warped into the middle of the town. "Opps," she thought, "these people may have not seen magic before." To her surprise, however, nobody was in shock and awe of her feat. She looked around to find a clothing store (the uniform she wore had a "unique" smell to it), she found one. She turned herself invisible to check it out, three more people had ported into the town before she went in the store.?

The store was shop for Hunter grabs, they had all the latest grabs for all different classes. One section caught her eye, it was entitled "Force grabs", she had no idea what a "Force" was but the designs looked a little like the Esper gowns she had back at the mansion. She didn't have any money so took some off the rack (while invisible) and ported to the "little girl's" room. The room was empty, she locked the door and visitized herself back into sight. She was standing in front of the mirror when did this, what she saw made her drop her clothes to the floor. She had aged, she was a bit taller and looked more mature. She guessed she had aged about three years or so. She shook the shock factor off and began to change into one of the grabs. This one was a long flowing black gown with ornate designs. She liked the look and ported out of the store, she arrive at the back of the shop. "Wait a minute," she thought, "I need something to carry this stuff in." She ported back to the ship, the men were gone so she went inside and grabbed a suitcase (she made sure not the touch the dead bodies.)

She packed her stuff and teleported back to town. She teleported into town with suitcase in tow, she had placed the remained of the clothes into the case. She thought about something, how was she going to get home from here? Did she even have a home to go to? How was she going to live? Then she saw something, the Hunter's Guild. During her time Hunters were freelance mercenaries so she hoped that their job hasn't changed too much. She walked into the Guild; a receptionist greeted her. "Hi, welcome to the Hunter's Guild where we enrich your life. How can I help you?"

Kaiser looked at the receptionist and asked, "Uh, could I register as a hunter?" The receptionist said, "So you want to be a hunter, what class are you applying for Hunter, Ranger, Force." She was baffled, what is the difference? She didn't know that hunters had different classes. "Could you tell me what is the difference between the three?" The receptionist almost laughed, "Are you serious?" Then she looked at Kaiser's face, she could see that she was serious. "Oh, so you really don't know?" she said. "I'm from a different planet," Kaiser says. "Oh, you must be from Maul (the neighboring planet to Coral). Fine then I'll tell you difference between the classes.

A Hunter is a person skilled with bladed weaponry like swords or knives (Kaiser knew that.) A Ranger is a person skilled with guns, and a Force is skilled in techniques. Techniques are magic if you didn't know that." Kaiser thought to herself, A Force instead of Esper, it seems that the Coral have their own way of doing magic. With her ability as an Esper she could easily mimic the techs that the Coral people can use.? She said, "I'm applying to be a Force." The receptionist handed her an application and said, "Here, fill out this form and you'll be a Force after that."

Kaiser looked surprised, "That's it, I thought that I had to be tested or something." The receptionist said, "No, since we only provide job opportunities to Hunters we don't bother testing them. Hunters are responsible for themselves when they are applying for a Hunter's license so if they are properly prepare it's their own fault.? "Oh." Kaiser said. Kaiser filled out the application and returned it to the receptionist. "Now you are a official Hunter. Good luck!"

For a few weeks Kaiser did some jobs and saved up some money to spend some nights in some hotel (without sneaking in of course.) Later on Kaiser learned that Coral saw slowly dying and the people were leaving for a new planet called Ragol. A ship named Pioneer 1 left three months ago and reported that it was safe for habitation. Another ship named Pioneer 2 was boarding citizens to go to Ragol. Kaiser decided to board onto this ship, there was no use on staying on a dead planet anyway. Kaiser bought an apartment on the ship, and lived there for the next two years.

Kaiser was a high ranking Hunter now by the time Pioneer got to the planet and the incident had happened. She was watching the news when here reports of the Gran Squall, a "pleasure boat", was actually a military ship. It's only survivor was a young girl who, according to speculations, was being held against her will. The whereabouts of the renegade group, who captured her, Dark Saints, was believed to be on Ragol's third moon.

Kaiser immediately got up from her chair and began to set foot outside to free the girl. She didn't like the fact that this girl was being held against her will, so she decided to set her free herself. Why not, her powers had been restored and besides she knew how it felt to be isolated. Kaiser took her Speedster (a mini spacecraft) down to the third moon, Trim. It didn't take her long to find the base. She was surprised to find another person here as well, he wore a black Hunter's jumpsuit and had short gray hair but he looked young.

She walked up to the man, preparing to attack. The man turned around and began to attack her. She dodged his trust and parried with her cane, she missed. She used a lightning strike on him but he dissipates the attack with his barrier. Her then strikes at her again with his katana, she dodges and says, "It'll take more than that to defeat me Dark Saint." The man jumps back and says, "Dark Saint" I'm not a Dark Saint." At this time Kaiser had already thrown a fireball at the man, the man yells "Wait!!!" Kaiser stops the fireball and dispels it. "Then who are you?" she says.
The man walks over to her and says, "I'm Vince Omega, and you are?" Kaiser says, "Kaiser. What are you doing here if you aren't with the Dark Saints?" Vince says, "I'm trying to free that girl, I knew something was weird about them when first took that job to find the girl in the first place. What are you here for?" Kaiser says, "The same. Look if we're going to free that girl we certainly aren't going to do it standing talking now are we?" Vince says, "You're right, we should just go about starting fighting right?" Kaiser says, "Right", she didn't know Vince was being sarcastic.

Vince says, "Wrong because we'll get caught. Look if you want to save the girl you're going to need a map of the facility at least. ...Hand me your arm." Kaiser looks at him, "Why?" Vince says, "I'm giving you a copy of the map though your data link." Kaiser hand Vince her arm, Vince downloads the map into her data link. "Now open your map." She does, Vince traces a pathway with his finger. Vince says, "To get to the holding cell we need to by pass security, the vents just happen to lead to a room nearby so if we take this path here we'll get to her without alerting them.? Kaiser says, "Are you're sure it will work?" Vince says, "I've been in the business for a while now, I know this will work. Let's go." Vince and Kaiser make it around the back way of the complex; they entered the building though the exhaust shaft.

The exhaust shaft leads into the venation ducts, Vince and Kaiser crawl though the duct, with no difficulty ("Ow, you're foot is in my eye." "Sorry") well almost no difficulty. They made they way into the storage room, they dropped onto the crates in the room. Kaiser said, "Wait here." and disappeared. She reappeared in the room, "It's all clear, I took care of the guards." Vince said, "I was going to use these smoke bombs...oh well." Kaiser and Vince made it to the girl's holding cell; she was unconscious. Vince looks at Kaiser, "They must had put her out because they were going to move her. We got here just in time."

Vince goes over to the girl and picks her up. "Come on let's pick her up and go though the..." Kaiser makes a big hole in the wall and begins to blast her way out of the complex. "...vents. So much for stealth." Vince yells to Kaiser, "Cover me!" as he makes his way to the ship. Kaiser fight over the army of Dark Saints while retreating to the ship. Vince places her in his ship, draws his Varista, and fires at the Dark Saints. "Get in your ship, now!" Vince says. Kaiser says, "What about you?" Vince says, "I'll be fine, go!" Kaiser jumps into her ship, starts it, and turns it around to face the Dark Saints.

She fires into the group giving Vince enough time to jump into his ship and head off to his ship. Kaiser follows. Kaiser and Vince make it to Solido, they talk in the living room. Kaiser says, "What are you going to do with her?" Vince says, "Her family has been searching for her. I'll return her to them. Kaiser, you and me make a great team. How would you like teaming up with me on this other case I got going." Kaiser says, "Thanks but no, I rather work alone." Vince says, "I understand." Vince walks Kaiser over to the exit port, Kaiser says, "I guess this is good bye." Vince says, "Wouldn't say that.

Who knows, we might see each other again." Kaiser says, "Yeah, maybe." Kaiser drives off in her Speedster thinking she helped make a positive difference. After years of hate and frustration she felt at ease, even if Noah didn't mean for her to be trapped for two millennia she was glad that she was now. She can finally put the past behind her and focus on a new future...as a Force and not a Esper.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-05 15:12 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-06 07:00 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-06 07:03 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-06 07:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-06 07:11 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-07 17:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-09 15:34 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-13 16:38 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-16 19:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-17 06:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-23 16:40 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-23 16:41 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-24 09:38 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-24 10:29 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-24 10:38 ]</font>

Shadowpawn
Sep 7, 2004, 09:35 PM
Info: This is another story, it's entitled PSO:Deus. It mentions six important characters from my main novel that I've been working on for four years. The chararcters are Vince, Alpha, Alex, Kim, Jade and Julio. This another gaiden to the novel so it entwines with the main story. Enjoy.

EDIT:Incomplete...finish tommorrow

EDIT: Finished story, may be some mistakes...

EDIT: Forgot to add title >_<

EDIT: Center Format done.

PSO:Project:Deus

Come hear a tale about the most powerful warrior ever know to man. Greater than the heroes of legend, this warrior could have been said to be a god a fighting. It all started when researchers began to study three of Pioneer 2's greatest warriros known, Vince Omega, Alex Leo Braveheart, and Android Alpha. Sure before the fight against Dark Fals and Olga Flow you would have laughed at the idea that these three could have been spoke of in the same breath to see them in a whole different light. Soon scientists wanted to study their fighting techniques to see why they were so good at what they did. In order to witness their full potential, scientist needed to study them without them knowing it. So they dispathched caneras in the Gal Da Val islands and recorded various sessions in the VR lab.

After a little reviewing they notice that the three had certain desirable strengths. Alex's was his innate ability to cast spells without the slightest hint of fatigue, Alpha's was his ability to react quicky to his surrounding and his ability to react and adapt quicky to his surrounding and his ability ot quickly memorize data, meaning data, meaning he could learn just about anything. Vince's was a bit of a special case, his strength wasn't seen until his secretly recorded fight with the deceased Healthcliff Flowen betterr known as Olga Flow. It was his ability to harass to photonic energy around him and convert it into whatever form he desires. This is a rarity for it was thought that only Mags and other Greater photonic begins could do this. This discovery lead to theories that he was in fact a telemental. With the data gather from the recordings it was time to go to work, they decided that an android would be the best-suited host for this experiment. They entitled the project, PROJECT:Deus, it was a painstaking task. They need a brain since brains simply are better at manipulating memory. Humans only use 10% of their brains but with all the advances in science that can easily be bumped up to 100%. They tried to acquire a brain the legally way but the government wouldn't approve of granting the military a brain simply for the use of war.

So they thought of a different method, they decided to murder a man (or woman, after all they are equal opportunists) and take his brain. They killed off a homeless tramp, hell they figure that they be doing the city a favor...the city had been complaining about "pest" infestatin problems anyway. "So what's one less bum off the streets, nobody gives a fuck," they figured. Next up, a body, they needed a strong durable body to withstand any physical harm and magical harm. "Laconia," was the first thought that popped into their minds. Luckily the military always kept a fresh batch of it in handy. You see the military had found a way to create Laconia out of pure matter (since Vince's sword was made out of Laconia they thought of a way to mass-produce the metal,) this was the military's little secret. They contracted the metal out of a hybrid combination of chrome and Laconic so it would attract magic and never rust (neat!)

The body design of the the android was laid out like so, they would soften the metal enough so that it could contract and expand at the whim of the android. In order to get the android to do such things they applied muscle tissue under the armour. They tissue was lined in with bone and wires (to artificialy create a nervous system). They had thought of decay problems so they pumped embalming fluid into the muscles then froze it at absolute zero temperature. With that installed in his body, eventually it would defrost and then yield. So they introduced a program that would harness some of the photonic energy that he would absorb on a daily basis and he would convert that in absolute zero temperature and store it into his "blood stream." Then they took it one step further, they introduced steroids into his muscles (the fuel problem would once again be solve by his ability to harass photons into whatever from he desires.)

With the ability to increase his strength dramatically and never fatigue he became what every gym goer craves...and that a muscle bound, pill popping, wet-taking freak (isn't that special?) Now to lay down a OS (operating system, genius!) For this they called in the good people of Doors (think Windows) to install the OS. Next was to feed to data into his brain. They manage to put in Alpha trait thanks to a bunch of programming tricks that performs a bunch of good memory ruses. They manage to put in Alpha traut thanks to a bunch of programming tricks that performs a bunch of good memory ruses. They had input Alex's trait thanks to the VR's sessions, those sessions revealed that Alez had a conscious understanding of magic. You see most techies derive theit abilities from the unconscious mind rather than the conscious but Alex was remarkable aware and in control of his magic. They altered the brain waves of the mind to be fully aware of the nature of magic. "Ha, magic, what we call 'magic' is simply the manipulation of moleculed that exist around as. Fire is just excited carbon and oxygen, Ice is just hydrogen and oxygen, lightning is nothing more than fiction between molecules. Light is pure photonic energy and Dark matter is the result of inverse gravitu pull. Nothing can't be achieve thought science, 'magic' is simply nothing more than a old wives tale." They laughed at the very meaning of "magic" and though it to be a simple whimsy.

After inputting both Alex's and Alpha's good traits they went to the third, Vince. They couldn't seem to figure out how a mortal could use the power that was held by higher beings...so they turned to an alternate solution (it's what they do best.)They studied the way Mag's and the Dark beings in the spaceship absorb photons. They also used to corpse of Olga Flow to compile more data (with the wounds Vince had already gave him dissecting him was a breeze.) Using that data they then applied it to the android. Special devices were installed in the hands, mouth, head, knees, feet and back of the android so that he could have optimal usage of photonic energy. Next came the combat data, they used the combat data of the three and many, many other hunter to compile to largest collection of martial arts data known. They feed it into the memory of the android (with 100% use of his brain memory wasn't an issue.) Next they subjected the body to strenuous amounts of excercise practices to flex the muscles into tiptop shape. Then they erased all memories of his former life (at least they thoughtthey did) to ensure that he wouldn't rebel against them. Then the last step was to activate his conscious mind, once that was done they would haven't created the ultimate solider, but what's solider without a name. They named him Deus-01 or Alstan Ra which literally mean, "The supreme all stony god."

They administered tests on the warrior to test his adaptability, speed, strength, intelligence, and ability to manipulate all the matter around him. The warrior passed with the flying colors, some say he performed too well and suggested that he should have a shutdown command installed in his brain, just in case he goes breserk on them. "Relex gentleman, this dumb-ass can't rebel against us. He's our mind controlled slave, remember," the creators said. The military was elated that their Deus warrior had passed all his tests, they needed a strong warrior to combat Dark Falz. Yes Dark Falz is still alive; Vince and the others didn't quite finish the job. Of course because of the battle with Vince, Alpha, Alex, Kim and Jade he was weaken. Now was the prefect time to send a warrior in to capture and then assimilate the monster. With that kind of power they would be able to overthrow the government and establish military rule. Finally, no more pencil pushers and frame glass wearing geeks (expect their own of course.) It's to bad that Julio wasn't around to see this (he was killed in the Gal Da Val islands,) he would have been proud.

Before the military would even have a chance of trying their wonderful idea of utopia, things would take a turn for the worst. The android began to regain back some of it's memory, though he could only remember one thing...his death. All of a sudden there it was, the sound of the men laughing at his end, he could feel his blood trickling out of his neck. He could remember seeing there faces, the pride evident in their face for knowing that they have gotten away with murder. They grinned and said it was for a good cause and that no one would give two shits in a barrel about his death anyway. Then came rage, how could a life (any life) be worthless. The futility of trying make sense of that statement frustrated him even more, the anger filled his being and corrupted his thoughts, all he wanted know was revenge, not against the men who killed him but all of humanity. He convinced a theory; the nature of human beings was bestial. Human looked upon themselves as the supreme beings of the mortal domain when in fact they are it's worst spawn. Human use resources and don't replace them, they destory land move onto another and destroy it as well. "Parasite" is the word he used to describe them, with that word he developed a maxim, "A good human is no human (with that statement even a corspe isn't worthy of existence.)"

He knew that he would have to wait for his chance for revenge, he wouldn't have long to wait. One night, they lowered security guarding his room. As a bouns the scientist who sparred his colleagues onto murder was in the room, his head down on the desk. Drool came out of the scientist mouth; he was out like a light. The android knew this was the time. He broke out of the desk. Drool came out of the scientist mouth; he was out like a light. The android knew this was the time. He broke out of his tube cell and went striaght for the scientist, the man (now on his feet) was panicking and reached for a Holy Ray (a powerful railgun.) "Stay back," he said as he fired the railgun. The shots simply bounced off the armour. The android grabbed the scientist by the neck and raised him into the air, if he could smile he would. The scientist gagged as he was held in the air, the android's grip got tighter by the second. The scientist could feel his life slipping away by the seconds (poor guy!.) The android spoke, "How does it feel to have your life taken away?" The scientist continued to gag, "It's understandable to be speechless," the android said, "no one would give two shits if you died either." The scientist eyes widen; they were full of fear. The android then proceed to putting the guy out of misery...by snapping his neck. He then proceed to physical remove the guy's head from his body, by now the guards had come in too see the bloody mess. They immediately open fire on the android; most of the shots bounced off the armour; the rest were absorbed by the android's devices. The android took the shots he absorbed, amplified it and redirected to the troops. They were incinerated ont he spot; the android walks out the room with bloody head in tow.

The android walked though the corridors of the facility (located in Subcon 15) killing anyone who came in the way (by now he had thrown the head at one of the troops.) He had killed all of the scientists involved in his murder so he was through with terrorizing the few that remained. So he decided to find the exit but he was impatient so he made his own. As he when through the wall and up the shaft and made his way into the commercial area of Pioneer 2. He went on a rampage, he killed anyone that came into his path. Men, women, children, he didn't care for you see to him humans, in general, where evil. "A good human is no human;" The android's maxim. Soon it didn't take long for help to arrive, the government dispatched Vince, Alex and Alpha to handle the situation. What a coincidence that the three warriors the android was based on would appear before on would appear before him to disable him. Vince was the first to attack, he stuck Neo Elsydeon into the armour of the cyborg but it did no good. The android raised his arm into ait and backhanded Vince to the side, Alpha was next to attack. Alpha tried a different approach, he charged at the android and it attacked.

What it attacked was an afterimage, the real Alpha was behind him. Alpha shot a concentrated blast from his heaven punisher (a rare and powerful railgun)into the backside of the android. He was singed but not hurt, he turned around (suprised that a fellow android would attack he him) and asked "You would side with the parasites against your own." Alpha's retort, "You are not my own, you slaughter the innocence with no remorse. You aren't worthy of being called an android." Alstan said "Then die!" With that he extended his palm in the direction of Alpha and began to call forth a photon blast. As soon as he was about to fire, he felt pressure from the backside. Alex had delivered a flaming kick (that a foie attack combined with flying kick.) to Alstan. Alstan's attack went flying toward the ship's titanlon glass (luckily they were on the planet's surface at this point.) Alstan turned around and went after Alex, Alex headed toward Alstan Ra with his right fist in upright attack position. Alex delivered a series of lighting punches into Alstan's abdomen but still nothing. Before Alstan could attack he jumped backwards ans summoned a powerful from of Grants (that's a concentrated light attack folks.) Vince had recovered from the attack he just received after using Resta (healing spell) on his self. As he sat there rubbing his cheek he saw Alex's attack be absorbed by Alstan Ra...that gave him a idea. He began to absorb the souls from the blade and concentrate it into a ball of energy.

Vince called out "Hey over here!" Alstan turns around, dropping Alex to hte floor. "Yeah over here, you want a piece of this," Vince says trying his best to sounds threatening, "what are you scared? Come on, coward!" Alstan runs towards Vince at a speed that should be physcial impossible, Vince fires the ball at Alstan. Alstan extends his plam and absorbed the ball, bad move. As soon as he absorbs it he is stopped dead in his tracks, the souls inside him began to rip him apart from the inside out. "System overload, system overload." Was the last image he seen before his demise, he was non-operational. Alstan's body fell to its knees, the souls exited from his body and returned to the sword. So ends the tragic story of the fighting god, may he finally find peace...

Epilogue

The man who called the government for assistance told them of the project, the government proceeded to arrest all involved with the project (expcet the man, he was granted immunity.) After finding out about the project and the wrongful involvement of one Christopher Cgandshaw, otherwise known as Alstan Ra: Deus 01, he was given a proper burial, the attendeed were the three who brought him to his demise (it looks like they were wrong, someone did indeed give a "fuck" about him after all.) When the government raided the building, they were told there were two of the three robot that were to be created in the building. This one had a female's brain (see they truly are equal opportuists!) When they entered the room marked Deus:02 Divine Goddess, they searched the room. The only thing they found was a broken tube cell...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-07 19:35 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-08 13:58 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-08 13:59 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-09 08:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-24 10:33 ]</font>

Shadowpawn
Sep 17, 2004, 08:56 AM
Intro: This story follows the carrer of A Works soldier Renier Vile. It tells of his slow descent in darkness and how he will become a evil being.

Caution: This story is being constructed and is not ready to be viewed at this moment.

PSO: Renier Vile

Renier Vile, a young general in the WORKS 23th div Someone with vast potential, he could affect how the war against the Darkness will end. His fate is directly intertained with Vince Omega's yet they have never met face to face. So how could he be so important in th nigh endless battle? Well, let's start from the beginning...

"Renier...Renier Vile" A WORKS commander says. "You've been assigned to lead our 23th div to the second moon of Ragol. We've received reports that a dragon is wrecking one of our basses there. Exterminate to threat." Renier, a tall male ranger in black armour complete with face mask (face mask in place because he was born an albino) Under armour he wears an all white jumpsuit, he stands saluting hie superior, responds to his offical, "Orders recieved, proceeding with mission." Commander nods, "Good you are dismissed."

The ever stoic Renier turns about and exits the commander room. Renier walks through the narrow hallway, the dimly lit lights flicker bearly illuminates the metal corrior. The clang from Renier's boots reverbiates among the metal castket, what makes the echo stranger is the fact that the base is bulit 20 feet into the crust of Ragol. 411, 410, 409...408, the number of the door Renier stops at, he raises his right wrist to activate his virtual contaninment devise. Selects from the menu "Room Key". In an instant the keys materialize into his hand, he slides the key through the reader. From above the reader out of a metalic sphere comes a small rod. It stops just inches from Renier Vile's eye (oddly enough he doesn't flich.) "Beginning opitial scan." says a computerized voice. A red beam fires into Renier's pupil, "Scan complete, identified as Renier Vile. You may proceed."

The door parts to both sides, Renier is met by an empty darkness...he stops inside, engulf by the dark aura; similar to a child in the mother's womb. He walks over to his bed and falls into it. He walks over to his bed and falls into it. He needs his sleep, after all he has a mission to complete.

The next day arrives, an alarm rings Through the blackness entends a hands towards the faint green aura of the halo clock. Renier shuts of the alarm, the room is now engulfed by the dark once again. Somehow, Renier cloths himseld in the dark and finds the switch for the door. The door parts, Renier exits. Heading down the hall to the familiar clang of his boots Renier finds himself walking towards he hanger bay. The hanger bay is a large compartment fot the WORKS base vehicles and aircaft. Steel beams line the walls and

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-17 07:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-23 08:45 ]</font>