PDA

View Full Version : How dare you! I'm just mowing the lawn!!!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 7, 2004, 02:35 AM
I have held this in a for a while now.
After every incident I want to rush inside and post about it before I explode in a fit of rage.

Hello people. Hello people that drive and yell out something strange and insulting at me while I'm mowing my lawn in the vicinity of my own home/front lawn. To you that smile and flip your middle finger at me as well instead of watching the road, you're just amazing!, Now what the hell is your problem?!

I'm doing a chore. It must be done. I'm minding my own business. I'm completely silent during the task. How dare you! Don't you have anything better to do with your time than insult someone who is doing a required chore of his life?; something that is considered a job and type of "work".

What are you? An A.ttention D.eficit D.isorderly?(which you can't control, not to insult anyone who has this, of course.), someone with too much free time?, just some random jackass move to make yourself feel better than me and "cool"?

I know I live at an intersection. This must make you soo tempted and prompted to do such a nasty thing. It used to happen when I randomly look over at some car driving by; not intentionally, maybe to see what kind of attention you're calling to yourself by stopping for long periods of time, playing loud music, or staring at me.

However, now it happens when I am looking away from the passing cars. I'm not at all looking in the direction of these cars at all. Why bother?
My friend and I felt friendly one day and decided to hang out and "thumbs up" every passing car we saw. Upon doing so we learned most people are irratable jerks. One person did a thumbs up back to us. He was of course confused about why both we and he had done this, but it was a friendly gesture and I was glad someone picked up and obliged.

Again how dare all of you that do this to me. If you have a problem with me or even know me then please bring it to my attention. Do not be a bastard or jerk and yell insulting crap at me while I'm working/on my day off, what you don't work? you don't like to see people working? you got something against initiative and counter-laziness?

Jealousy?

And just so everyone knows. Even when this happens, I'm man enough to just take it without boldly snapping in rage, strong enough to move on and finish my mowing of the lawn (doing a damned fine job at it as well).

Thanks for reading this PSOW-posters!
I hope you change your mind about yelling out of your cars now!, if you do that sort of crap.

Sagasu
Sep 7, 2004, 02:51 AM
The horrors of urban life.

Its wrong of them, but its not like you can turn everyone in the world into a respectable person.

Theres just some things your going to have to tough it out, because thats the style of life you choose to lead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sagasu on 2004-09-07 00:52 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 7, 2004, 03:01 AM
On 2004-09-07 00:51, Sagasu wrote:
The horrors of urban life.

Its wrong of them, but its not like you can turn everyone in the world into a respectable person.

Theres just some things your going to have to tough it out, because thats the style of life you choose to lead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sagasu on 2004-09-07 00:52 ]</font>

Indeed.
I feel a little guilty if it came across as me trying to 'change' people. People are always pretty much going to either conform to others, or just do whatever they want until they are limited to such behavior or stopped.

It was more of a random rant filled thought of 'Why are you doing this?", and just a 'thinking aloud type of question' to put out there.

PS:
I don't mow lawns for a living though. I'm no landscaper by far, just to clear up any confusion, with all my grammatical errors and weird way of emphasizing words in my posts.

Sagasu
Sep 7, 2004, 03:10 AM
And thats completely understandable.

And its okay if you just want to blow off some steam.

But there is no real reason for you to do anything farther than that. Since people will not change, and you will always be sorrounded by fools on this planet, it comes to naught.

It'd be best just to learn to cope, untill you can get into space and away from humans http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PJ
Sep 7, 2004, 07:13 AM
Ugh. This happens to me to -_-

I'll just be walking somewhere when someone will honk their horn from behind me and I'll jump (I'm easily excited http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ) and then I'll see them with their stupid grin. Unless of course they were smart enough to look ahead on the road >_>;;;

The most recent occurance was when I went down the street to return my rented Gotcha Force with my brother and a friend. We were coming back when some person felt obliged to let us know he existed.

Aredhel
Sep 7, 2004, 09:07 AM
Absolutely ignoring the person is the best way to go. I've found (by walking home from school, I only lived a mile away, why waste gas?) that when you ignor the person who is yelling out the window, it often times makes that person look like a complete asshat. Being someone who has actually been in a car with a few friends, one of which chose to yell at a pedestrian, I can honestly tell you that when the person being yelled at does not respond in the least bit (as though they didn't even hear you) it either

a.) makes the person yelling try even harder, which will usually make them look like even more of a dipshit in front of his/her friends
b.) makes the person just drop the issue altogether as the feeling of insecurity and defeciency seeps in. If you're not even good enough to get the attention of a random stranger, what the fuck good are you at all? Ah, the male mind http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Train yourself at completely ignoring people more often http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif