PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: -That One RAcast-

Sef
Sep 7, 2004, 09:40 AM
So I thought I'd try this fic thing out...Don't really know where this will go though...Go first Fanworks topic!

Btw, the budget in the Title Department is a little low. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

That One RAcast

Chapter 1: The Prologue.

~=Pioneer 2 - In the City=~

Pioneer 2. A humongous ship which carries the people of a doomed planet. The story takes place in the heart of the city aboard the ship. A soldier confronts an android sitting near the Hunter's Guild.

"Hey y-you! RAcast!"

The crimson metal giant's eyes fluoresced as he turned his head slowly to scan over the soldier who beckoned him.

"W-We've got an arrest warrant for an android fitting your description..."

"Oh? But I haven't done anything wrong..." The android's eyes seemed to glow with the innocence of a child.

"Look, we soldiers don't like you Hunter types. We hate having to do anything with your kind. Honestly. We don't even need you around!" The soldier said taking a step forward.

Hunters. A group apart from the civilian and military Pioneer 2 citizens. They handle jobs involving taking out large groups of monsters and things out of the ordinary. Hunters consist of HUnter, RAnger, and FOrce classes. A RAcast being a certain type of RAnger. Android, Male.

The RAcast didn't move. Where he sat, you could hear a slight buzzing noise. Even though the soldier seemed to be advance on the android to capture him, he made no effort to escape or make a scene.

"Soldier, I'm not here to put on a show, or fight." The RAcast piped.

"Good then. Come with me to see the Prinici-"

"No thanks, I have no plans to meet with Tyrell…"

"Huh, what? Where are you going?! Stop right there!"

The android had gotten up and started to walk off casually, with a dull clunk for every step he took. While the soldier stood still trying to assess the situation, the RAcast walked into a teleport that would take him to the exotic planet, Ragol.

Ragol. The supposed new home for the people of Coral. After years of searching and waiting, they’d found a suitable replacement for their dying planet. A few days earlier a signal was sent out from Pioneer 1, a sister ship that had made the voyage to Ragol seven years earlier. All went well until a huge explosion that shook the surface of the planet had occurred.

Few teams of Hunters have been sent out to Ragol to see if anyone from Pioneer 1 was alive and well. Perhaps some had gone to investigate the odd explosion... No matter which one of those they had chosen, they still used the teleport in the city. The very same one the large red RAcast was about to take.

"See ya around, Soldier!"

"Wait!!!"

And with a wave of his large metal hand, he had vanished. Headed towards the new planet, where anything could happen...

"Damn it!" The soldier cursed through clenched teeth.

He then punched a wall and stared at the teleport for some time before deciding it'd be best to report the unfortunate news to Principal Tyrell, leader of Pioneer 2...

EJ
Sep 7, 2004, 10:50 AM
It starts off well but like you said before you really don't know where the story will go.

As long as it connects to each chapter and moves the story along you should be fine.

BTW: working on my own fic will maybe post it soon if I can get it done http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Sagasu
Sep 7, 2004, 10:54 AM
Theres a lot of short, choppy sentences in there..

Its also hard to keep a consitant plot when you start off on this, pay special attention to details so it wont collasp behind you as you go ahead.

So this may, or may not turn out well. I cannot say since I'm not the writer, but so far things are fine.

Sef
Sep 7, 2004, 11:01 AM
Well, yeah...I had those noted...

I might do a major rehaul.

Kill this fic and start a new one when I improve...Just something to do in my spare time. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tact
Sep 7, 2004, 11:43 AM
Woohoo! S00t! (Sef 0wned 0ther team) Or, if you prefer, Sp0t! (Sef pwned 0ther team) Great, going, Cho-uh...Sef! Keep the good work up. I liked the detail you used.