PDA

View Full Version : Alright, what the fuck is wrong with me?

PhotonDrop
Sep 8, 2004, 11:26 PM
So earlier today(or yesterday rather seein as i posted this at midnight) i wake up from a full nights sleep. For a few hours I'm talking in irc, seeing as my rash bothers me too much for me to go back to work.

Then at noon I have my normal lunch, a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of milk. Nothing was changed, same bread, same peanut butter, same brand of milk.

Then I start to feel sick. It was odd. I felt like I was drunk but i wasn't. Then at 1 I go lay down in my bed and took a nap.

After a very odd dream I wake up and look at the clock... 10PM I said to myself "Oh fuck no." And i put my head back down despite my wanting to get up.

I could have sworn it was just a few seconds but i look at my clock again and it said 11:56.

So I'm pretty much screwed for tomorrow.

Life is playing a cruel joke on me.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

*runs off to get her dinner*

EJ
Sep 8, 2004, 11:31 PM
Sorry to hear that PD.

I to have done that before and the only way for me to get back to my regular sleeping was to break night and stay up all day. That make me tired as hell but atleast I can fall asleep at my normal time and go back to my regular sleeping cycle.

Sagasu
Sep 8, 2004, 11:32 PM
I would consult a doctor.

No need taking chances with your health

or risk doing so again.

Evil_Althena8
Sep 8, 2004, 11:34 PM
eek. I have an extremely irregular sleep cycle. I think I have insomnia actually, or possibly narcolepsy. I have trouble sleeping at night, but I can seem to sleep any other time...weird isn't it?

navci
Sep 8, 2004, 11:49 PM
Go see a doctor if it continues. That doesn't sound normal.

RicoRoyal
Sep 8, 2004, 11:53 PM
Sounds like some sort of flu. Just go to the doctor if it continues. If it doesn't continue, then that means you just needed to make up for lost sleep (not sleeping enough for months on end can result in one very very sleep-filled day to compensate). Also, check the food you ate (experation dates and anything that came out of a can <--- food poisoning). Don't feel too bad over losing part of the day. You're body simply demanded the rest - there is no refusing the urge to sleep.

PhotonDrop
Sep 8, 2004, 11:58 PM
Yeah, everything used to make Lunch was a few months before the expiration date. I'm odd, I always check before eating something x.x

And I will ask the doctor in the morning.

Kuea
Sep 9, 2004, 01:14 AM
O.O

I was wondering why you were not on today when I got home

are you okay though? but yeah doctor would be a good idea I suppose

Mixfortune
Sep 9, 2004, 01:25 AM
Likewise, PD, I feel you really should get that looked at. Both the rash and this strange problem you just described.

Hopefully it's nothing major.

Kuea
Sep 9, 2004, 01:30 AM
On 2004-09-08 21:26, PhotonDrop wrote:

After a very odd dream I wake up

btw what was your dream?

and whats being drunk like?

Sagasu
Sep 9, 2004, 01:37 AM
On 2004-09-08 23:30, Eclair wrote:

btw what was your dream?

Its like loosing control of your actions. You smile alot for no reason, and behave in ways subconsiously without thinking about it.

Also struggling to walk a straight line plays a major role, not to mention the mornings. Hard to describe, really, you've really got to experience for it yourself to grasp the true meaning.

Evil_Althena8
Sep 9, 2004, 01:44 AM
[quote]

well its like this...First, your higher cerebral functions begin to fade out...meaning you stop thinking about things and just do things. The first stages of being drunk are often referred to as having a "buzz". Having a buzz feels rather good. You begin to be more confident and depending on the particular person, your attitude will change. Some people will get violent, some friendly, and some loud (I am the latter two). Keep drinking and soon you will completely lose the ability to make rational decisions. You will simply act on impulse. Then...your vision starts to get weird. You will turn your head and your sight takes time to "catch-up" with your head turning. Then, you may get sick...diziness and vertigo. This is when you need to stop drinking, drinking beyond this can be a life-threatening situation. It's fun to drink at least sometime in your life...just don't ever make it a habbit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Evil_Althena8
Sep 9, 2004, 01:45 AM
On 2004-09-08 23:37, Sagasu wrote:

btw what was your dream?

Its like loosing control of your actions. You smile alot for no reason, and behave in ways subconsiously without thinking about it.

Also struggling to walk a straight line plays a major role, not to mention the mornings. Hard to describe, really, you've really got to experience for it yourself to grasp the true meaning.

jinx! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sef
Sep 9, 2004, 11:39 AM
Hmmm...

I hope you're alright PD.

All I've got to say is just do what the others have said. The doctor, that is.

PhotonDrop
Sep 9, 2004, 02:01 PM
pt.2 i miraculously got to sleep not long after my first post. But ever hour and a half I would wake up and felt disoriented, I never moved from my bed but it felt like i was spinning around. And when I went to get breakfeast I collapsed as soon as I stood up, I didn't even move fast when doing so. I became scared. But I waited a minute and got back up and I was fine. Then at work I was signing in late people and for some reason I felt like I fell off my chair everytime I moved, but I never did.

So I went to a McDonalds to get lunch and was fine up until now. As I am writing this I feel like I'm spinning again...

*goes to call the Doctor and set up an appointment*

Mixfortune
Sep 9, 2004, 02:10 PM
On 2004-09-09 12:01, PhotonDrop wrote:
pt.2 i miraculously got to sleep not long after my first post. But ever hour and a half I would wake up and felt disoriented, I never moved from my bed but it felt like i was spinning around. And when I went to get breakfeast I collapsed as soon as I stood up, I didn't even move fast when doing so. I became scared. But I waited a minute and got back up and I was fine. Then at work I was signing in late people and for some reason I felt like I fell off my chair everytime I moved, but I never did.

So I went to a McDonalds to get lunch and was fine up until now. As I am writing this I feel like I'm spinning again...

*goes to call the Doctor and set up an appointment*

I'm not sure whether this disorientation is because of the food or the concussion you had suffered from your earlier incident. I know that you had yourself checked out earlier due to the concussion, but it's still a possibility that it could be resurfacing... While it doesn't seem to be getting much worse, it doesn't seem to be getting better either. Hopefully the doctor will be able to shed some light onto the cause of this.

Armok
Sep 9, 2004, 02:13 PM
If i was having those problems I'd do a week detox by eatting only veg and fruit for a week to clear all the crap out my system and get my vit levels in balance.

Even if its nothing to do with your problem its a good idea just to clean your system anyway to aid with sleep.

BogusKun
Sep 9, 2004, 03:15 PM
So earlier today(or yesterday rather seein as i posted this at midnight) i wake up from a full nights sleep. For a few hours I'm talking in irc, seeing as my rash bothers me too much for me to go back to work.

Then at noon I have my normal lunch, a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of milk. Nothing was changed, same bread, same peanut butter, same brand of milk.

Then I start to feel sick. It was odd. I felt like I was drunk but i wasn't. Then at 1 I go lay down in my bed and took a nap.

After a very odd dream I wake up and look at the clock... 10PM I said to myself "Oh fuck no." And i put my head back down despite my wanting to get up.

I could have sworn it was just a few seconds but i look at my clock again and it said 11:56.

Life is playing a cruel joke on me.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

That's exactly wehat happened to me yesterday... but all I ate was a lettuce sandwich... So yeah, I wonder what I was thinking myself.

Tycho
Sep 9, 2004, 05:21 PM
When I didn't have school yet I was used to waking up ini the evening / night. -_-;
Meh, I suppose it's not normal for that to happen to you, but maybe you were just tired lately. I mean, check if this would persist for a few days, it could just be temporary.
Anyway, good luck. You'll get over it.

Daikarin
Sep 10, 2004, 10:17 AM
Once I had a class on Monday at 9 AM. When I woke up, it was 8 AM. I would spend half an hour on bath, dressing, breakfast, etc, and the other half an hour is the time the bus needs to arrive at college, on average.

I had to arrive soon to the class in order to deliver a report, and I never know if a surprise exam could take place on that class, so I had to arrive the soonest possible.

But I was so stoned that I laid my head back for a while, just to relax for a while and rush up breakfast and bath later.

20 minutes to 9 was when I got up.

I was SO stressed, I didn't even get breakfast, nor took a bath. Just got out of bed, dressed up, did a minimal of higiene procedures and then rushed down the stairs to the bus stop.

I kept looking both sideways searching for any bus which would take me there.

When it did, I finally sat down behind a couple of old ladies and checked my watch. 10 minutes or a bit more to 9 AM, and I was just leaving the bus stop.

I figured I couldn't run faster than the bus, so I could only chill out and wait for me to get there a bit late.

The two old ladies got out before me, and entered church, like a lot of people did.

It was still Sunday, Goddamn it.

Aredhel
Sep 10, 2004, 01:26 PM
On 2004-09-10 08:17, Even_Jin wrote:

But I was so stoned that I laid my head back for a while, just to relax for a while and rush up breakfast and bath later.

wow - you didn't metion THAT as part of your routine. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Daikarin
Sep 13, 2004, 05:13 AM
On 2004-09-10 11:26, Aredhel wrote:

On 2004-09-10 08:17, Even_Jin wrote:

wow - you didn't metion THAT as part of your routine. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Please don't FKLize this thread http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

The opposite also happens.

I mean, I wake up to catch a plane, and have to wait 2 hours for boarding.

Myopathy
Sep 13, 2004, 11:13 AM

Owned.
</ http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif>

Actually, it's probably due to fatigue. Too many hours spent in IRC or something. Staying up late for consecutive nights will add up and catch up to you. Don't worry though, normally once you do get one of these "good" sleep sessions, you should be better. Just try to get a little more sleep normally. Also, a peanut butter sandwich with milk is not much of a lunch. Eat mor chikin(Or just food, in general).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezellaur on 2004-09-13 09:13 ]</font>