PDA

View Full Version : Is PSO World dieing?

Lyoko
Sep 9, 2004, 06:58 PM
Is PSO World dieing off slowly?

The site ownwers have not been on in a while and updated stuff like the Cmode event, I thought it was still going on but it was cancled along time ago because of the host of the Cmode left PSO.

So the main question I'm wondering is, Is PSO World coming to a end or will to stay strong and continue in the fun stuff like events and challenges and turnis?

Shadowpawn
Sep 9, 2004, 06:59 PM
No it's just a few problem with updating things, the creator of PSOW, eRUPT, lives in Florida, along with the hurricane. So be patient.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-09 17:03 ]</font>

Lyoko
Sep 9, 2004, 07:04 PM
hmmmm well i mean shoulden't he of atleast change a few old things like the Cmode event a while back some 1 posted that they posted about it but nothing happened so i dunno if other ppl were wondering about this but i no i am i mean i will stay with PSOW because i like PSO almost as much as i like Everquest but i mean im jsut saying nohthing new has happened and the hurricanes started like about a week ago and should b over soon because my uncle lives in florida as well so.

trypticon
Sep 9, 2004, 07:16 PM
I wouldn't worry much about it. PSO is just about dead online these days, at least for the gamecube version. I'm sure Blue Burst is getting more popular, and will be as busy as the GC and Xbox versions when it gets to the US, if it isn't here already. In fact, it will likely be more popular.

The thing about hosting the challenge nights was always pretty stupid if you ask me. If you want to do challenge, either go to the normal challenge block on the Japanese servers, or try to get word out about a regular one on the US servers that would be used for that purpose for more than a few hours on a single day of the week. Thinking the thing had to be an event, and furthermore, had to be hosted, otherwise it wouldn't happen, was just dumb. There were enough American players who would have liked to have taken part in challenge games, but were turned off by the language barrier in the Japanese ships. That likely isn't the case anymore though, as the ships are incredibly empty at all times of the day on the American and European servers.

The simple truth is, if more special attention to the fine points of the game had been given from sponsership and fan sites such as this one, a greater stir would have been created in the online community so that people would continue playing, much like we see on the Japanese servers during their busy times of the day. As it is, we see sites such as this creating false icons out of a few regulars to the forums, and they get swarmed with more attention than they deserve when they sign on. Otherwise, people get snubbed, get upset, get bored, and leave.

Ranger_Larry
Sep 9, 2004, 08:03 PM
I haven't been on in ages....although I play psoX now on an almost daily basis, but only an hour or so compared to MANY hours before. This site has put out so much info on the game, there just isn't much more they can do now anyways cause' they already have done it! As far as the popular people, alot of them have moved on by now I bet. (other games) I don't care about popularity, I always make freinds wherever I go online in PSO and it's still a cool game to play. Moving to psoX got me more back into the game because of the different people, and well, it's kind of like "Bizzaro World" ;p (it's the same, yet different!) This site will live on I bet, and hopefully when Universe comes out, will once again have a jump in popularity. As of now, I wish the owner/admin. good health and good luck in dealing with these hurricanes.

Eanae
Sep 9, 2004, 08:18 PM
First off, this is what they make this (http://www.pso-world.com/viewforum.php?forum=6&12223) forum for. It's not called Site related for nothing.

Secondly, the mods don't want to hear this stuff. Last time one of these was made, it got into a big argument and bleh. If you don't like it's amount of updates, go find some other pso site to join. This isn't a democracy, and being here is a priviliage, not a right.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eanae on 2004-09-10 03:42 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Sep 11, 2004, 08:38 PM
It would be nice IF the admin people would add more material, but they have lives too, you know. If I had a site, and I lived near a hurricane, what the fuck do you think my first priority would be? >_>

navci
Sep 11, 2004, 08:48 PM
On 2004-09-11 18:38, Eihwaz wrote:
It would be nice IF the admin people would add more material, but they have lives too, you know. If I had a site, and I lived near a hurricane, what the fuck do you think my first priority would be? >_>

Why, update the site for whiney teenagers, of course!

THough, JoanathanF has taken over updating the news, so at least you will be having up to date news. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Eihwaz
Sep 11, 2004, 08:59 PM
On 2004-09-11 18:48, navinator wrote:
Why, update the site for whiney teenagers, of course!

THough, JoanathanF has taken over updating the news, so at least you will be having up to date news. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Yeah, that's a good thing. News is something, at least. :3

Mystil
Sep 13, 2004, 06:22 AM
Last time I made a topic like this, I was flamed very horribly by someone... I think you shouldn't have made this topic....

As for the entire site itself, I don't think so. PSOW will never really die, people still play the DC version and all. The sites info will always be saught after, thus continous activity.

Secondly, the mods don't want to hear this stuff. Last time one of these was made, it got into a big argument and bleh. If you don't like it's amount of updates, go find some other pso site to join. This isn't a democracy, and being here is a priviliage, not a right

So I see people still remember the war Erupt and I had..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-09-13 04:23 ]</font>

OnnaWren
Sep 13, 2004, 10:16 AM
Bah. Someone flames, flame 'em back. I did. Will again if someone intentionally pisses me off and lumps me with the 12-year-olds. *ahem-ahem* >:/

Seriously. No hard feelings, but when someone produces a telepath that can stop me from thinking whatever the hell I want, call me.

And as for "dieing", flamebait a neo-communist web dictator, and the only thing that will be "dieing" is you.

My two mesetas', right or wrong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OnnaWren on 2004-09-13 08:17 ]</font>

Solstis
Sep 13, 2004, 02:31 PM
On 2004-09-13 08:16, OnnaWren wrote:
Bah. Someone flames, flame 'em back. I did. Will again if someone intentionally pisses me off and lumps me with the 12-year-olds. *ahem-ahem* >:/

Seriously. No hard feelings, but when someone produces a telepath that can stop me from thinking whatever the hell I want, call me.

And as for "dieing", flamebait a neo-communist web dictator, and the only thing that will be "dieing" is you.

My two mesetas', right or wrong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OnnaWren on 2004-09-13 08:17 ]</font>

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Okay...

backs away...

Lemme see. If even I (on my easyish college schedule) was monitoring this site, I sure wouldn't be able to keep it updated/maintained.

Which reminds me that I have laundry to do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2004-09-13 12:36 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 13, 2004, 06:38 PM
If I can work on 3 different TV shows, Have classes, hold a job, and still have time left over to update this site, You can do it too...

ABDUR101
Sep 13, 2004, 08:12 PM
Shut up Mr. Talented, you're making the rest of us look bad.

Sagasu
Sep 13, 2004, 08:21 PM
Borderline flamebait?

Or some ongoing joke?

I didn't know mods were allowed to insult one another.

Dhylec
Sep 13, 2004, 08:27 PM
Sagasu wrote:

flamebait? ya ain't see nuttin' yet >.>

/calls sag close..
what ya think? joke, flambait or praise? <.<

Shadowpawn
Sep 13, 2004, 09:22 PM
On 2004-09-13 18:27, Dhylec wrote:

Sagasu wrote:

/calls sag close..

is lame a choice? >.> *holds up anti-flame shield*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-13 19:22 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Sep 13, 2004, 11:06 PM
On 2004-09-13 18:21, Sagasu wrote:
Borderline flamebait?

Or some ongoing joke?

Questionable content in and of itself?

You've missed some fun times then!

On 2004-09-13 19:22, Shadowpawn wrote:

Hmm, you don't live very far from me at all, in the humble state of PA.

Solstis
Sep 13, 2004, 11:57 PM

On 2004-09-13 18:27, Dhylec wrote:

Sagasu wrote:

/calls sag close..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-13 19:22 ]</font>

The mods all have deeply rooted emotional issues, and thus, they lash out at each other in many ways.

Some would label it as "lame."

Like me! Emotionaly disturbed, that is. Dang.

Dhylec
Sep 14, 2004, 06:20 AM
Solstis wrote:
The mods all have deeply rooted emotional issues, and thus, they lash out at each other in many ways.

eh, really? <.<

in that case.. GET BACK ON TOPIC or i'm gonna feed ya all to del bobbies!

Shadowpawn
Sep 14, 2004, 12:09 PM
On 2004-09-13 21:06, ABDUR101 wrote:

On 2004-09-13 18:21, Sagasu wrote:
Borderline flamebait?

Or some ongoing joke?

Questionable content in and of itself?

You've missed some fun times then!

Hmm, you don't live very far from me at all, in the humble state of PA.

HE KNOWS WHERE I LIVE!!!111one
Bah...what topic...it was answered in the first response...*holds up anti-flame shield*
>_>
<_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-14 10:11 ]</font>

navci
Sep 14, 2004, 12:17 PM
On 2004-09-14 04:20, Dhylec wrote:

eh, really? <.<

in that case.. GET BACK ON TOPIC or i'm gonna feed ya all to del bobbies!

Bobbies are already del-ed. So a Del-bobbie would be like a normal puppy. YOU LOSE! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway. This topic has served its purpose, no?
*kisses topic goodbye*

Dhylec
Sep 14, 2004, 02:01 PM
navinator wrote:
*kisses topic goodbye*

yah, no thank for the memories.. >.>

Scejntjynahl
Sep 14, 2004, 02:10 PM
On 2004-09-14 12:01, Dhylec wrote:

navinator wrote:
*kisses topic goodbye*

yah, no thank for the memories.. >.>

Ah poor Hana, still trapped in offline http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dhylec
Sep 14, 2004, 02:17 PM
Scejntjynahl wrote:

Ah poor Hana, still trapped in offline http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ya mockin my poor hana?
/sobs http://photobucket.com/albums/v432/dhylec/wacko.gif

Shadowpawn
Sep 14, 2004, 02:36 PM
Te Har de har har...XD