PDA

View Full Version : dejavu

navci
Sep 10, 2004, 11:34 PM
The same conversation, over and over, and over, and over again.

Mom called. Same conversation as last week when Mix was here, with a different tone. Last week was OMGWTF YOU RETARD, this week was "I am all good for you and listen to me", essentially, same points. Some are actually really amusing, so I'll share with you guys here.

1. I am a retard.
Yepp. Cuz I am a uni grad and I am working as a sales instead of working high paying job back home. So I am essentially, a retard.

2. I am the shame of the family.
Apparently, she is ashamed to talk about me to anyone else now. Reason same as 1.

3. She asked me if my degree is real.
Ya she did ask that. She asked if my degree was a real degree. Maybe it is just a useless degree, she asked me is it worth anything at all. Ya...

4. I have no future.
'nuff said.

5. Just because I live in Canada doesn't mean that I can be Caucasian.
Er. This needs a bit of explaination. See, what she meant was that I still need to support my parents later on. Which I have every intention to do once I get my feet down. She keep talking about how I can't support myself now and I am old and shit... hmm.

There are more but I don't feel like typing them all out again now. It is really funny, a lot of these stamped from cuz I have not worked when I was younger, and now my bro is 20, and they are repeating the same thing with him again. Despite of my talking about it over and over again. As much as I hope my bro will be luckier, I can't wait to see the day he is stuck without a job because of all these things that has happened.

I was talking about it to a friend making fun about it and laughing at that for the whole time. ... Dad called later on.

Guess what he said.
Same conversation. Worded differently.

I started working for 2 weeks now, this is all I get.
I hope I can keep my sense of humour up.

darthsaber9x9
Sep 11, 2004, 05:16 AM
poor navi http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

well all I can say is don't belive what they're sayin about no future and everything. From the tone of your post it doesn't sound like you are believing them but keep your head up anyway.

Tycho
Sep 11, 2004, 05:42 AM
Just try to get away from there. Why would you still want to stay there? I think you would feel a lot better if you could find some way out.

But don't believe them. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
You have a beautiful personality, and drawing is the coolest skill evar. :/

Sef
Sep 11, 2004, 07:33 AM
Mother's not always right.

I can see why you would not want to move home, navi. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Geez, they can't even say something good about you having a job? That just doesn't seem like the actions of good parental units.

I can only suggest to keep doing what you're doing. Don't listen to them either. They don't know what they're talking about.

opaopajr
Sep 12, 2004, 02:44 PM
this is where the usefulness of speakerphone/hold button comes into play. press and, tah-dah!, freedom! if everyone always listened to all the ranting nay-sayers so much of this world would still be just dreams, not reality. there's a time to respectfully listen to criticism, and there's a time to tune out. guess what phase your time is in? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Evil_Althena8
Sep 12, 2004, 06:43 PM
yep parents and their convictions. I personally don't listen to their negative comments. Don't let your parents get you down. I mean, if you already have a degree and are a college grad that is enough success in my eyes. One of my friends has problems like that. Because he gets into trouble alot his parents tell him that he is useless and will never do good in life and all he will amount to is going to jail. Be yourself, follow your heart, and screw what other's opinions of you are.

Subliminalgroove
Sep 13, 2004, 01:08 AM
hrm.... you know how I feel about what your mother says to you, navi-bear...

She needs to realize you are doing things on your own and FOR yourself now... blah blah blah

we have talked about it over and over. I hope someday she comes to realize that you feel this is something you NEED to do, for various reasons.

All of us at PSOW know you are amazing and wonderful. That you will make a large mark on this world, that you will carve tremendous swaths of your greatness as you go through this world. I know this, we know this, deep down: YOU know it. Someday your mother will as well, and she will realize that you had to do it YOUR way and not hers. I hope I am by your side when that day comes.

Mixfortune
Sep 13, 2004, 03:10 AM
The arguments of your parents seem quite misplaced. If anything their opinions are being based upon only things they hear about from your current situation and act upon how it looks on the surface, factoring in the worst case scenario and magnifying it.

Even though their insults they have given you before are based on nothing but their focus on degrading you, this seems like nothing different than attempts at wearing you down until you give in...

Even before meeting you in person I knew you were none of the things they claimed in their insults, but now even more so I can tell you that their insulting manners have no base in truth at all. You are NOT retarded, fat, ugly, stupid, worthless, or whatever other stupid insult they can think of.

At the moment I can only say that you should stop talking to them, at least for a great length of time. If you feel you need more time in order to "prove yourself" to them, then give yourself that time. Stop talking to them. YOU know your degree isn't fake, YOU know you're taking action and are being responsible for your own life, YOU know you're doing what you can and that you're doing something. Who cares if they fail to believe it? They are not you.

You cannot let them get to you this way, otherwise you are doing their work for them. If they succeed in making you depressed in your situation, you won't be able to get further up the ladder in your own life. If they want someone to bitch at, they can bitch elsewhere. Do what you have to in order to survive on your own. Then they'll find out how wrong they were in their negative assumptions and destructive methods.