PDA

View Full Version : (FOmarl + Dark Falz 2) x10 = Many Dead FOmarls.

Kupi
Jun 28, 2002, 02:54 PM
I HATE Dark Falz's second form! It seems like I should be able to win but for one freakin' thing about it that is tearing me apart. But I'll get to that in a second.

First off, the FOmarl herself. She's level 26, with a level 51 Kumara, 14 DEF and 37 MIND. Uses a Wand still, can't use any other good weapons. I have a POW Mag in the works, and hopefully I'll be able to equip my Buster +2 with 40% Dark soon, as a last resort. She knows Grants lv 2, which is what I've been using. Based on Falz's Normal Mode resists and the damage I've been doing to the Ruins grunts, I'm doing about 250 damage to the first form of Falz (the chariot) and 230 to the second. Only need 10-20 casts to finish either of them. Simple, right?

The Darvants are not the problem. One shot of Gibarta lv 6 takes care of them, and properly placed it can take out an entire wave of DF1's Darvant spittle in one go. They never build up and don't do much damage to my FOmarl anyway.

Dark Falz's first form is not the problem, either. I can survive the Rafoie, I can survive the Rabarta (even if it freezes me, the Darvants are taken care of, as said before), and I can survive the death rain. A quick 10-11 casts of Grants and it's history.

Even Dark Falz's second form isn't hard. Again, I can survive it's Rafoie and it's death rain but I HATE THE RABARTA ATTACK!!

Always! And I mean always! It freezes me on the first attack and I die. I've given it 10+ attempts and that stupid Rabarta always gets on either the first or second time. How am I supposed to deal with this? I'm still in normal mode and my best armor has two slots, so what am I going to do? Resist/Freeze? It still won't get my ~150 HP through FIVE Rabartas. (Beg your pardon if that isn't the exact amount.) My Mag has 0 IQ, so fat chance of revival.

What really ticks me off about this whole thing is that it's random. The only way I'm going to get through this is the pure luck that it won't freeze me in one of the three attacks it's going to get. That, or at least use Rafoie for a change!

So, as with any rant, I must end with this:
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGH!!

TeamPhalanx
Jun 28, 2002, 03:18 PM
Falz's techs have limited range. Since you're using grants, you should be able to move back far enough to avoid his techs and then move into grants range.

Also, if you (try to) move around while you're frozen in ice, you'll escape faster.

Rhete
Jun 28, 2002, 03:23 PM
When facing falz, run to the left around the edge of the arena when he ducks down to cast RAbarta, if you get far enough away from him it'll miss you

watashiwa
Jun 28, 2002, 03:27 PM
You should probably not be using Grants as your primary attack. It's way too slow at level 2.

Kupi
Jun 28, 2002, 06:39 PM
TeamPhalanx: It's not the being frozen that's the problem, it's being frozen and getting hit by all the other Rabartas the next instant. X_x Other point taken.

Rhete: Thanks for the tip.

Watashiwa: Point taken... what would you suggest that I use otherwise? The Prima guide points out that it's weak primarily to Ice and Grants alone. I think my Barta's level 9, Gibarta's level 6, and Rabarta's level 1. Rabarta's definitely as slow as Grants at that level, and Gibarta's likely to only do 80-85 damage rather than Grants's 200-some. But, I'll figure something out.

Thanks for the help... I'll get back to you if I ever finally thwack that stupid consciousness thing.

TeamPhalanx
Jun 28, 2002, 10:45 PM
I think DF only casts Rabarta with its right hand and Rafoie with its left (or switched around) So, if you stay on the other side, you won't get hit.

I say just go with a handgun/mechgun type weapon. Trying to beat Dark Falz using only techs takes too much time.

Kupi
Jul 26, 2002, 10:24 AM
Well, it took any entirely different FOmarl, levelling to 28, raising a power Mag, and getting a Soul Eater, but I finally beat DF. Now all I have to worry about is the Hard mode run-in with him... X_x

HC82
Aug 19, 2002, 05:42 PM
Gibarta is always the best spell to use against his 2nd form.

I remeber having monomates and dimates on hand, jamming the button and healing inbetween the numerous rabarta hits. Yea iam a cheap mofo, work with what you got. Not sure if it still works in ver2, works against ulti falzs final form as those balls of light hit you(assuming you mess up and get tagged).

HP+ units are always better then a resist unit, unless it's a super or perfect resist unit.

Dfp is worthless against falz. Go for 4 sloters with the best resists needed. Sometimes I would switch units after certain forms.

FEMAR
Aug 25, 2002, 08:42 PM
I'm gess you dont know the ice trick so. What you do is when you get froze by an ice attack toggle your anologe and you'll be able to break free real fast!

Kupi
Aug 26, 2002, 06:37 PM
1. The issue is closed. I need no further advise.

2. The ice trick is not the point. Within an instant, all of the Rabartas fire. You can't possibly escape in that amount of time, which leads to instant death. That was the problem.