PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: Request: Animators / Writers /Artists

Logical2u
Sep 12, 2004, 05:16 PM
Edit Database:
Replied to Kuda with mini-explanation
Added my personel mini explanation.
Created InvisionFree board, commencing editing... 09/13/04, 5 pm eastern standard, Canadian/US.
Board is set up, you must confirm via email.
http://s7.invisionfree.com/AlternateP2/index.php?

I have an idea for a collection of medium length stories based in an alternate Pioneer 2 in a Pre to Current Episode 1 time line, with a few 'minor' changes. Those who meet my critical standards will be let in on my idea, but suffice to say, I need someone who can either flash program a bit or people who would like to participate.

This can be intrepreted as a collection of short intertwined fics, or a group fiction. However, I would like to have someone help me figure out flash and make a short intro w/music.

Also, an artist would be awesome but not required.

This is basically an intermediate project for me... until I get over my DFH writer's block.

Edit: My basic little plot points.

The story is Quite Serious with Light Hearted Moments. That, or A bit serious with some comedy, whatever turns up...

Basic plot idea started with a very small idea I had that 'What if Ardo had NOT gotten his artificial eyes?'.

It's morphed overnight into something more like, this pioneer is almost exactly identical to the real pioneer that is displayed in the games, although a few very small things have not happened, and those things are open to discussion. The whole reason this story is here though is that one To Be Determined character has noticed some sort problem between what they percieve as Pioneer two and the alternate one.

This is going to take place around 1 year before Episode 1 to Episode 1 time line.

This means that few characters should be dead.

Edit: this will be used as a group fiction. Mainly serious, with humor. But nothing slapstick or out of character please and thank you.

Artists are appreciated because this will be hopefully a very action packed fiction when this is running.

I just want an intro because all of -Z's and Solstis's flash things look great and they could make a good teaser.
Please note I will check your qualifications.

Edit 09/14/04: Going to add some thoughts.

The intro could take place just after the ending to Rubbish'es group fic, Countdown to Pioneer 1. If it had gone through to the end, Logic would've eventually found his parents and they would've been killed by a sniper.

However, I was thinking that maybe a lot of advancements on pioneer 2 were basically dohanian experimental things Ardo raided after his parent's died.

So maybe that while his parents did not die, the UGC started a genocide against the Dohanians slightly before Pioneer 2 went up and the technology wasn't found due to lack of respect for their technologies because 'they deserved to die'.

But not many people knew about the genocides, so any 'visitor' to this reality would think it's the same (In the game pioneer 2, there are NO mentions of Dohans even though rumor so it must be considered common knowledge, not a secret topic.)

The only thing that would throw this story out is that some guy from the Game Pioneer 2 appears in this alternate one, and the findings...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Logical2u on 2004-09-13 14:03 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Logical2u on 2004-09-13 14:50 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Logical2u on 2004-09-14 12:09 ]</font>

KaFKa
Sep 13, 2004, 03:03 AM
i see. i would offer my services, although i dont know anything about flash player. =/

Skuda
Sep 13, 2004, 03:27 AM
I'm okay with Flash, and I'm an artist (that sounds weird...), but unfortunatly, I wont have my sweet little digits around a flash program for another 5 weeks...

and when that comes, you'd better believe you're going to see a heck of alot of K.Labs cartoons. so, if you don't care about waiting, I can be of service.

Logical2u
Sep 13, 2004, 01:46 PM
On 2004-09-13 01:27, Scott_Kuda wrote:
I'm okay with Flash, and I'm an artist (that sounds weird...), but unfortunatly, I wont have my sweet little digits around a flash program for another 5 weeks...

and when that comes, you'd better believe you're going to see a heck of alot of K.Labs cartoons. so, if you don't care about waiting, I can be of service.

Time is not really an issue right now, I'm still working on major details...

Glad to have at least maybe support from Teh Kuda.

Garanz2
Sep 13, 2004, 02:19 PM
I could help with writing, or possibly rather low-level pencil art.

mr_rubbish
Sep 13, 2004, 03:17 PM
I could possibly assist with writing something. I'd need a few details though to see if my brain likes the sound of it.

Sagasu
Sep 13, 2004, 04:29 PM
Serious I can do http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Very vague, are you really leaving this so open?

shinobu_seta
Sep 13, 2004, 05:01 PM
I can try to assist with some writing or with some art. I have a thread here already where you can check my stuff if you like. I also do some fiction that you can find in the link in my sig.

~Shinobu

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Sep 14, 2004, 09:21 AM
Reporting for duty http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif !!

Not much of a flash animator or an artist, but I would be glad to lend a hand with the writting http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

Logical2u
Sep 14, 2004, 02:03 PM
Logical2u's posted update #2 09/14/04

People lacking confirmation at my website:

Kafka (Possibly, but I know his writing)

Scott Kuda (All around good.)

Garanz2 (All around good.)

Shinobu_Seta: Your writing and art are both very good.

Lone Wolf nasca: Just, don't invite your sister quite yet and scare Zi'zuku.

Story update: Gonna have a minor update to my proposed plot both here and on my forums.

-Z
Sep 14, 2004, 02:13 PM
I'm finding more time in my day, so i may be able to work on a trailer/teaser once we get together the story

Solstis
Sep 14, 2004, 03:08 PM
*sniffs the air*

Do I smell... a group fic?

Oh, and... that was all -Z. All I did was fiddle in Fireworks.

Unfortunately, my Flash skills are QUITE mediocre.

(But, thank goodness for student discounts! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2004-09-14 13:19 ]</font>

-Z
Sep 14, 2004, 03:10 PM
On 2004-09-14 13:08, Solstis wrote:
*sniffs the air*

Do I smell... a group fic?

well once we get started i mean http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

WraithVerge
Sep 14, 2004, 08:55 PM
I'll help in the writing area wherever I can. Not much of an artist, but I can draw if I put my mind (and motivation) to it.

Logical2u
Sep 17, 2004, 04:22 PM
Update: Boards are online, Chatzy is online, Discussion is procedding at random intervals. Once you sign up I will gib pass via PMs on the site.

And the currently signed up people have a nice mixture of skills, but I would still want as much variety as I can have.