PDA

View Full Version : PSO is depressing.

ilr2000
Sep 13, 2004, 04:54 PM
It's pretty clear that PSOBB is quickly becoming the best place to get your PSO needs. Which means that there is yet another game jump in which I cannot bring my characters. I can't even think of playing PSO anymore, because a little voice in the back of my head is always telling me "its all in vain! In a few months they'll have a new version and you'll start over again!"

Adios PSO. It was fun.

Gjl
Sep 13, 2004, 05:06 PM
On 2004-09-13 14:54, ilr2000 wrote:
It's pretty clear that PSOBB is quickly becoming the best place to get your PSO needs. Which means that there is yet another game jump in which I cannot bring my characters. I can't even think of playing PSO anymore, because a little voice in the back of my head is always telling me "its all in vain! In a few months they'll have a new version and you'll start over again!"

Adios PSO. It was fun.

Umm, well nobody forces you to go to the new version and 'start again.' I don't see everyone hurrying to jump onto the PSO:BB bandwagon either, mainly since it's in Japanese only and it's doubtful wether there will be an English version.

'It's all in vain'? So I guess you aren't having fun playing PSO then if you measure your enjoyment through your 'progress'. Well I suppose you are better off quitting if that's the case.

Ok I'm pretty annoyed with how Sonic Team are milking PSO dry, but i find it funny how you are suddenly quitting over this.

Well I guess you could stick with V3 til PSU comes out, which will probably be the only really 'new' PSO game since the DC version (if we ignore EP3 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif).

Fossil
Sep 13, 2004, 05:13 PM
PSO BB is pointless imo. As far as I'm concerned nobody I know moved to it or is going to. PSU is the next true PS and will live up to it when the time comes.

Shadowpawn
Sep 13, 2004, 06:20 PM
Just wait for PSU...

Sef
Sep 13, 2004, 06:39 PM
On 2004-09-13 15:13, Fossil wrote:
PSO BB is pointless imo. As far as I'm concerned nobody I know moved to it or is going to. PSU is the next true PS and will live up to it when the time comes.

Even the new level and possibly story?

Shadowpawn
Sep 13, 2004, 07:33 PM
On 2004-09-13 16:39, Sef wrote:

On 2004-09-13 15:13, Fossil wrote:

Even the new level and possibly story?

It's just a new level and story, compared the holiness that will be PSU.

KodiaX987
Sep 13, 2004, 07:46 PM
You didn't even play PSU. You don't even know how it'll play and what it'll look like. What's with the fanboyism?

Shadowpawn
Sep 13, 2004, 07:50 PM
Sarcasm...don't take it too seriously.

Skuda
Sep 13, 2004, 08:05 PM
just stick with what you're best at. Yeah, I'm pretty P.O'd that Plus and BB came out, and I don't feel like training myself al over again. I'm happy with how ep1&2 are going so i'm sticking to it.

Sef
Sep 13, 2004, 08:08 PM
On 2004-09-13 17:50, Shadowpawn wrote:

You might need to use the sarcasm tags next time. The internet can make it a tad difficult to pick up on that. ( , hah.)

Shadowpawn
Sep 13, 2004, 08:33 PM
On 2004-09-13 18:08, Sef wrote:

On 2004-09-13 17:50, Shadowpawn wrote:

You might need to use the sarcasm tags next time. The internet can make it a tad difficult to pick up on that. ( , hah.)

Ah *slaps self* I didn't know that. Damn n00bism...

ilr2000
Sep 14, 2004, 06:08 AM
On 2004-09-13 15:06, Gjl wrote:
'It's all in vain'? So I guess you aren't having fun playing PSO then if you measure your enjoyment through your 'progress'. Well I suppose you are better off quitting if that's the case.

Of course I measure my enjoyment on how much progress I make. Aren't action games always more fun when you know how to kick ass in them? With action games you never loose your progress, because you can always retain your skill (for the most part). With PSO, even if I retain all my knowledge of items and what-not, I still am gonna be level 1 and sucking.

There's also a major mental factor involved. With my nearly completed character, if I wished to I could jump on for some nice relaxing destruction. With a new character there's alot of stuff you have to worry about before I can really consider msyelf "established". I have work at night, and school during the day. I scarcely know when I'll be sleeping next, let alone pondering material sources or missing tech discs.

As for "no one's making you play" comment. Yeah, that pretty much is my entire point. I know how ST works, and continued support for BB means less and less attention for GC PSO. No one's making me play this game, its no longer worth to me, so I'm going to stop playing. Reason I made the post is because most humans have this really strange trait about them where they feel the need to express something big. I've been playing PSO since DC v1, and signing off a big fuckin deal to me.

Ness
Sep 14, 2004, 06:40 AM
I have to agree with Gjl....

No one forced you to buy the new version. To me, PSO BB is just another example of ST beating around the bush.

Tycho
Sep 14, 2004, 10:34 AM
I wouldn't want to start over either. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
But on the other hand, it would be nice to be able to see the new stuffs from BB, and play with the BB people that don't play GC (anymore).

I want PSU, to unite everyone again. ):

Armok
Sep 14, 2004, 10:49 AM
I need a new stronger hit now

NOW DAMMIT

I'm just not getting the same buzz off it anymore.

Nai_Calus
Sep 14, 2004, 03:22 PM
On 2004-09-14 08:34, Tycho wrote:
I wouldn't want to start over either. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
But on the other hand, it would be nice to be able to see the new stuffs from BB, and play with the BB people that don't play GC (anymore).

Too bad that so far the trailers/pictures/etc from PSU don't interest me at all. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif >D

Shadowpawn
Sep 14, 2004, 03:25 PM
On 2004-09-14 13:22, Ian-KunX wrote:

On 2004-09-14 08:34, Tycho wrote:

Too bad that so far the trailers/pictures/etc from PSU don't interest me at all. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif >D

The word "kill" comes to mind...

Zarode
Sep 14, 2004, 06:53 PM
Look, it's fine. But I don't want PSU to become something that isn't needed. A Major Online game. I love the fact of having three of your friends/teammates kicking arse with you. But 1000 people in the same game!? Jee, I want to hunt a barble, too bad they are all pwned in this game, time to move on. XD

Mystil
Sep 15, 2004, 03:06 PM
Play FFXI and then tell me which is more depressing.

Trust me, stick with PSO. You wont regret it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif