PDA

View Full Version : Smileys

Eihwaz
Sep 14, 2004, 07:43 PM
Okay, another thing that has gotten on my nerves lately. T_T

I use some smileys. Generally nerdy/anime inspired ones, you know, like XD, -_-, T_T, x_x, ^_^, XP, etc. I am so fucking tired of my friends saying stupid shit about them. For instance, I can't do XD without someone going "WTF DOES THAT MEAN". Is it that fucking hard to understand? It's someone laughing hard. And if you don't like them, fucking deal with it, it's 2-3 little characters in a chat window, bastards.

On a semi-related note: one of my friends will NOT look at ANY link whatsoever that has anything like OMGWTF!!1 or 1337 in it, even if it's something I know he would like. I found a funny Spiderman movie, and the address was like www . b3ta . com, and he wouldn't look at it, giving some lame excuse like, "I don't look at sites that talk like gay 12-year olds."

>_<;

Sagasu
Sep 14, 2004, 07:47 PM
Friends?

Skuda
Sep 14, 2004, 07:52 PM
On 2004-09-14 17:43, Eihwaz wrote:

I use some smileys. Generally nerdy/anime inspired ones, you know, like XD, -_-, T_T, x_x, ^_^, XP, etc. I am so fucking tired of my friends saying stupid shit about them. For instance, I can't do XD without someone going "WTF DOES THAT MEAN". Is it that fucking hard to understand? It's someone laughing hard. And if you don't like them, fucking deal with it, it's 2-3 little characters in a chat window, bastards.

On a semi-related note: one of my friends will NOT look at ANY link whatsoever that has anything like OMGWTF!!1 or 1337 in it, even if it's something I know he would like. I found a funny Spiderman movie, and the address was like www . b3ta . com, and he wouldn't look at it, giving some lame excuse like, "I don't look at sites that talk like gay 12-year olds."

>_<;

I have a friend like that. he gets angry when I mis-spell the. Teh drives him nuts. he also dislikes pwned

PJ
Sep 14, 2004, 08:12 PM
My RL friends always ask what "XD" and "XP" means. It drives me crazy. Especially when I explain to them, and they obviously can't see it, so they type xd @_@

Oh well, we all know my common one. ^_^

Balthor
Sep 14, 2004, 08:22 PM
Nothing wrong with hating moronic typing skills.

And I use the word "skills" loosely.

Link00seven
Sep 14, 2004, 09:27 PM
I like the smiles like XD and >_< etc.

One thing I know Wazzy hates are my AIM Car Smiles http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

navci
Sep 14, 2004, 09:30 PM
Wazzy. From what I can tell, you need new friends.

Saiffy
Sep 14, 2004, 09:38 PM
On 2004-09-14 19:30, navinator wrote:

Indeed, they don't seem to respect you too much. Or just hang out with one good friend. It's just as good as 7 or 50 friends http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Skuda
Sep 14, 2004, 09:39 PM
On 2004-09-14 19:38, Saiffwin wrote:

On 2004-09-14 19:30, navinator wrote:

Indeed, they don't seem to respect you too much. Or just hang out with one good friend. It's just as good as 7 or 50 friends http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Amen to that

Zelutos
Sep 14, 2004, 09:41 PM
On 2004-09-14 17:52, Scott_Kuda wrote:

On 2004-09-14 17:43, Eihwaz wrote:

>_<;

I have a friend like that. he gets angry when I mis-spell the. Teh drives him nuts. he also dislikes pwned

I never said it drove me nuts or i disliked it...i just think they sound stupid..

KodiaX987
Sep 14, 2004, 09:44 PM
Your friends suck. Go buy new ones.