PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: PSO Pet Project Dream (Chapter 2)

Sharkyland
Sep 15, 2004, 10:41 PM
I posted a small snippet of a PSO dream that I had ONE NIGHT (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=89796&forum=14&25), and for those who had read it, they wanted me to turn it somewhat into a fanfiction. Of course, this will be a pet project that I may or may not be working on, so read if you want to. It will appear characters who I have played with during my online PSO experience. I also know that people that I have played online have a multitude of characters though I will be picking their main one hopefully. If I get their personality wrong, by any of chance, and which I probably WILL. Please comment on this thread so I will take heed in the future. This is totally based on two days worth of brainstorming and most of it will be impromptu, so there might be times where things just don't make sense. (THERE is this one thing where since ppl play a multitude of characters they will morph to another of their characters, but I think that will take a lot of time for me to do it, so I'm going to scrap that idea for a while because I would have to keep who's who, who's personality is like, and a bunch of random of other weird things that go through my mind.)

At work, I got bored one day and designed a video game for this actual storyline since I couldn't seem to focus on either Episode I and III (episode II is going to be done with the same cast of Episode I, so I don't have much how it is going to be planned out). I will post various video game ideas as this topic goes on. There will not be any concept art or sketches, but more like gameplay algorithms and such or how status screens looked like or stuff that make it look like you are actually playing a video game.

(I am also taking a break from PSO for a while so I can get started on the things that I have always wanted to start. If you have any questions, please PM me.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-09-16 19:51 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Sep 15, 2004, 10:55 PM
NOTE: My grammar sucks, I know. I've had countless English papers been returned to me flooded with red ink though comments and critizism are always welcome. There will be some moments where I cannot describe something, but I will do my best or might get seriously frustrated and quit the pet project, but I can always turn to my other ability which is the fact that I can draw (I'm not the best here on PSOW, but I can manage somewhat...) Hates indenting as always...

In the future, you will not I can get repetivite and have a hard time being certain characters, but that's just me. I am usually not the best person to turn to when you need some character development details. I also do not speak the lingo that everyone speaks for I am shut out from the world as well as how I act within this world.

---

Chapter I: The Beginning

- "Sir, there is an unidentified object nearing the orbit of Ragol," stated one of the officiers working on the bridge of Pioneer 2 as she looked at a monitor showing a radar of some sort.
- "I see. Bring it on main screen," commanded the highest officer that was present.
- "Yes sir."
- With a few buttons pressed, a monitor appeared in the middle of the room, but was in a position where everyone on the bridge could see. The high commanding officer looked at the monitor and quickly came to a conclusion.
- "Judging by the size of the object, which is a meteorite, it will burn up completely as it enters Ragol's atmosphere, so there is no need to cause an alarm to those who are currently on the surface of Ragol. Though to be sure, please make a scan of the meteorite so that there isn't anything harmful."
- "Yes sir."
- With another few buttons pressed, the monitor went through various color changes indicating that the meteorite was being scanned. All the tests came out negative except for one test, which showed a small box hidden within the middle of the meteorite.
- "The computer is registering that the substance what the box is made of is unconfirmed, but according to the other scanning results, it doesn't seem to be harmful."
- "A box made of unknown material, you say? Since the computer doesn't have any concrete evidence on what that material it is. It will have little chance on surviving when it enters Ragol's atmosphere. When it will it be entering the atmosphere?"
- "In five minutes, sir."

- Everyone turned to view the monitor as they watched the meteorite enter the vicinity of Ragol's atmosphere. The rock and debris that covered the surface of the meteorite began to turn to a fiery red color. Huge chunks of rocks began to tear apart as it slowly disintigrated into nothingness. This continued for a couple seconds until a small, silver box that of a half a cubic meter began visible. There was no discoloration of the dull silver as it entered the atmosphere.

- "Interesting material. It has the ability to withstand the tremendous heat of entering the atmosphere. What are the coordinates on where this object is going to land?"
- "According to the speed and direction, it will land in a desolated area."
- "Send a request to the Hunter's Guild that a man not the governement of Pioneer 2 would like to retrieve this object. Also once the quest has been accepted, give them proper excavating tools. I would also like to see this object remain in one piece until it reaches the scientific laboratories of Pioneer 2."
- "Yes sir!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-09-16 14:44 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Sep 16, 2004, 04:53 PM
Okay, I've done a LOT of thinking today with this pet project and it's seriously now has gone OVERBOARD. At work, I couldn't work on my comic AGAIN because I forgot to bring my supplies which I feel like a total idiot because of it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

As for the storyline, I've done some thinking of combining some story play elements from famous RPGs as well as other games and combine them into it this one so if you begin to see that I took this from video games and suchs, don't be surprised. Like you would, heh.

While I was listening to the Chrono Trigger OST as well as a variation of video game music collection, I have already came to conclusion on how the final battle will play out, and I'm very pleased on how it will run if I do turn it into a video game. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I haven't felt excited for this for a long time now. I'll work on more pages on my Ep3 comic as well as Chapter 2 of this fanfiction.

---

I'm pretty sure you're going to be wondering who will be the main character of this comic, and I can assure you it won't be one of my characters. I have designated a HUmar named Vougshan (Vooh' san) though like the main character in certain video games, the other characters will do more of the action and talking, you'll meet him in Chapter 2 of this fanfiction.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-09-16 15:00 ]</font>

PS2_Master0
Sep 16, 2004, 08:37 PM
wow, no posts for you yet, that must suck.

well, i liked it so far, but its hard to tell because youve only written one chapter. so, get on with the next one! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sharkyland
Sep 16, 2004, 08:38 PM
On 2004-09-16 18:37, PS2_Master0 wrote:
wow, no posts for you yet, that must suck.

well, i liked it so far, but its hard to tell because youve only written one chapter. so, get on with the next one! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Eh, I'm not surprised, that there isn't posts. I'm actually using this place as a storage place for my ideas. My friends say to get a free liverjournal account and block all users, but I'm lazy.

Sharkyland
Sep 16, 2004, 09:51 PM
Currently I do not know what to say about Chapter 2, but it's going to be hell now since it's going to get very complicated soon. Just a warning. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

---

Chapter 2: Not Your Typical Day on Pioneer 2

- A black-haired HUmar appeared in one of the teleporters of Pioneer 2 that connected to Ragol. Dusting his blue costume a bit before coming out, he looks around, but sees that everything is the same as usual. A smirk curled on his mouth as he began his journey to the one of the lobbies that people hanged around in. Even though there were many lobbies throughout Pioneer 2, there was one he had more friends in that any other lobby he knew. Walking to another telepoter, he states his destination to the computer, which wisps his body away to his desired location.

- He finally reached the entrance of the lobby and he was very surprised to see it packed with various Hunters, Rangers, and Forces. It was difficult to distinguish which was more for they seem to be evenly split. Noise filled the room, but it was still manageable to talk to a person that was standing six feet away.
- "Hey, Vougshan," called out a voice.
- Vougshan looked toward the direction of where the voice was coming from to see a familiar face. It was Surdow, a fellow brown-haired RAmar, who is one of his good friends.
- "What's up, Surdow?" replied Vougshan.
- Surdow chuckled a bit and leaned closer to Vougshan. "Rumors have been saying that some junk from outer space crashed somewhere on the surface of Ragol. I'm pretty sure the government will pay some top money for that kind of stuff. So, hey... do you want to search for it?"
- "I'll help you since your one of my best buddies."
- "Great. Now excuse me a for a second. Sadly nature calls."
- Surdow heads up the stairs in efforts to find a lavatory to relieve himself. Walking a little bit towards the center of the lobby to find an empty seat, he pulls out a green box once he sits. As he opened it, it revealed a box that was half a cubic meter and had a dull silverish color. A few people who were having a coversation stopped as Vougshan revealed his special box. Quite a small number were curious what was the box while the rest of the crowd didn't even seem to care what he had.
- "Hmm, I wonder what box this is? It doesn't look like something that would contain a weapon or armor," thought Vougshan as he examined the box more closely. "I wonder if this is some trash someone threw away in a crater where I found this in. Though now that Surdow mentioned it, is this the box that fell from the sky?"
- Vougshan shook his head in disbelief, and thought some more, "Nah, it couldn't be. This thing would be charcoal right now if it entered the atmosphere and it was not even hot. Probably before I set upon Ragol again, I should visit a Tekker to find out what it is."
- Vougshan took the box into both of his hands and decided to jiggle it a bit, but no sound was made. He turned the box around to see if there was an opening but nothing seemed to be visible to that of the naked eye. Still turning it around to see if there is an opening. One of his hands slips on the edges of the boxes which tumbles from his hands and makes a metal to metal sound as it hit the floor. Those who weren't paying attention to the sound that the box made causes a few people to jump out of their seats as a few of their friends who weren't startled giggled at those who jolted.
- Vougshan's face turned red immediately knowing he was the one who caused the ruckus and he embarrassing reached over to his box, but before his hands could touch the box a small rod protruded out and bent itself to form a crank. Vougshan got out of his chair and kneeled onto the ground and looked at the strange contraption. As his right hand reached out towards the crank, the crank automatically bank to turn and a faint melody could be heard from the box. As the crank went faster and faster, the music became louder and louder. Light began to spew from the box revealing ancient symbols that no one has seen before and not before long, the entire lobby was engulfed in a purple explosion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-09-16 20:05 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Sep 17, 2004, 02:33 AM
Great, after Chapter 2 comes Chapter 3. This is now when the cameos are going to start pouring in. Even though I may have left someone out, I still have a place to put them. Probably I should start showing you the gameplay details I have already started on.

I can tell you that Marina will be place later in the fanfiction.

trypticon
Sep 17, 2004, 02:45 AM
That's good. I liked how the item in the green box took out an entire popular lobby. It was probably filled with n00bs anyway (humorous tone). Keep it up.