PDA

View Full Version : Goddamn my shitty motor skills.

teflon
Sep 19, 2004, 09:41 PM
I cannot draw worth shit, but I'm OVERFLOWING wiht ideas about things to draw. Fuck, I can even imagine them in my head on an imaginary piece of paper, but I just can't put them on a real one. Here's an example at how bad I am. This picture is suppost to be Duke Nukem killing some aliens. Pease note that I am in 9th grade.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Ziron/duke.png

Actually, I'm slightly etter than that in real life, but you get the point.

Shadowpawn
Sep 19, 2004, 09:42 PM
lol...just keep at it.

KodiaX987
Sep 19, 2004, 09:48 PM
I hear you, brother. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Shadowpawn
Sep 19, 2004, 09:51 PM
I feel that way too at times, you just need to keep praticing. It helps if you get an art book and a sketch pad to keep your daily drawings in. Just follow the steps in the book and practice in your pad, over time you'll get better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-19 19:51 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Sep 19, 2004, 11:52 PM
Yeah, I have all these elegantly beautiful images in my brain, but they don't translate so well to paper. It's infuriating. Take some kind of art classes? Ask a friend who draws well for lessons? I dunno.

RicoRoyal
Sep 19, 2004, 11:58 PM
Take art classes. If upon completing the course, you still can't draw very well, then - and only then - will you really be able to blame your motor skills. It's just lack of experience in most cases. Keep at it, and seek help. You'll soon see improvement. Good luck.

Solstis
Sep 20, 2004, 12:02 AM
I feel your pain!

*tear*

That's why I took up writing. MUCH easier (sometimes).

space_butler
Sep 20, 2004, 08:14 AM
my art skills are probably worse than that..i gave up trying a few years ago. if your handwriting is about the same, then maybe you should try and get a dyspraxia assesment or something.. thats the reason im so useless at most things