PDA

View Full Version : Hurricanes and I.

Cowboy
Sep 24, 2004, 10:36 PM
I work at a hardware store in Alachua, Florida.

We've been selling ALOT of generators lately, because of the past and coming hurricanes.

Today, a genius of a lady wanted one.

She bought one, we SHOWE3D HER how to use it, told her about the warranty, ect.

She comes back, and complains.

"I was going to test it, but I cant figure out how to plug it in!"

Now, giving her the benefit of the dought, as it IS possible to use a double male cord to plug it directly into your houses power, I ask her what she means.

"Well, don't you have to charge it up so it'll have electricity?"

I sit there silent for a minute, awestruckenl...

"No... ma'am... It's used for when you don't have electricity... it uses gas for power, like I showed you. You put the gas in the tank, you don't plug it in."

"OHHHHHHHHHH!, ok!"

This is all during my break... So she says she needs the right plug to plug her water pump into it. I give it to her, and go on break.

30 minutes later, shes back, and RIGHT when i get off break...

"This plug won't work! My water pump won't fit in it!"

"it should, is it the one I showed you?"

"No, this one was cheaper, so I bought it instead."

"Ma'am, that outlet is not for a water pump... It's for a range... I gave you the other plug because it IS the right one..."

Among numerous people like these, there's also people trying to return plywood, even after we Say no returns, have them sign saying they agree, and write it on their receipt...

We do take plywood back if its only a few sheets that they bought too much of...

We do NOT, however, take it back if you have cut it to fit your windows, then drilled through it, and split it taking it off because you "forgot" to unscrew the screws...

And then there's the people that can't comprehend why we won't rent our equipment down south for 3 months...

And people that think it's my fault that we're out of batteries and lamp oil... Not like theres hurricanes coming and it's a popular item or anything...

Then people that make an order for a hellascious amount of plywood, wait till we are 40 miles away from the store with it, then decide they don't want it, without calling us and telling us, and are mad because we charge them for the diesles they made us burn...

Then theres people that rent the bobcat for 2 days, bring it back a week later with 60 more hours on the meter then they paid for, and are mad because we charge them for it...

And the people tghat get anal over telephone because we don't hyold generators for you unless you're life would be threatened if power went off.

And the people that get pissed because we're holding a generator for a 89 year old woman on a breather and not them, and because we sold it to that woman for what we paid for it, but we won;t do that for them.

Then people that come in, buy 2 screws worth 18 cents TOTAL, and get mad because apparently they can read my fucking mind, and i didnt hand write them a ticket because theuyre not good enough for one. I mean, it isnt like the tickets are 3 sheets that imprint on eachother and cost for the store about a buck each, and we're only supposed to use them for purchases over 20 dollars because of that cost.

Then there's the people that wait 4 months to pay their bill, keep on adding crap to it, then expect their total to be the same as the four month old invoice, and are AWESTRUCK by the new invoices being ANY different...

People are stupid, so my job is to make up for thneir idiocy. Yay.

But the real payback is knowing that all it takes to save these people money is saying to my boss "theyre buying alot, this is their situation, can we cut off the price a little?"

Youre an asshole or a complete fucktard thats to preoccupied with yourself to listen to me TRYING to tell you things that will help you and save you fucking money, fine. I wont do shit for you.

You're no more or less then a decent human being, not overly nice, just at kleast neutral, and i will go out of my way to try to save you as much money as i can.

People, think before you act, you may be pissing off someone that could really do alot of unneccesary help for you.

Solstis
Sep 24, 2004, 11:47 PM
I'll come around one day and ask for an UPS cable for my stapler.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Then I'll want a PSOW discount.

... hm... people are morons. I feel for ya Tracon.

Cowboy
Sep 25, 2004, 12:12 AM
We need to go to the movies, get drunk, then find some SLutty UF chicks, then regret what we did some time >.>

I just went and got gas, and got yelled at by someone who came into the store today.

Apparently it doesnt end when I leave work. This person was complaining because his nails got eaten through. Too bad I fricking told him to get galvanized for his pressure treated lumber, and he wanted the cheap nails. Oh well, he paid for his short attention span.

Skuda
Sep 25, 2004, 12:23 AM
yeah, it's the same no matter where you go.

it's funny when people order food at McD's eat is, come back two hours later then want a refund because it was too cold.

well, they've already eaten it, and it was probably their fault it went cold. so, refund? how about a boot for your way out the Door?