PDA

View Full Version : Haha. Lame Abercrombie.

anwserman
Oct 1, 2004, 11:10 AM
This is ironic coming from someone who likes the Abercrombie look on a guy... but not the brand itself. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Anyway, Mitch and I went to Duluth on Wednesday for Stargate. He said that he needed new clothing so we left early to go to the mall. We hit up American Eagle, Old Navy, and Abercrombie. I was there a couple weeks ago, and I looked through the over-priced store... nothing that I wanted specifically that I couldn't get at a lower price and higher quality at Old Navy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

So, while Mitch is trying on clothing while I'm across the store looking at the "vintage sweatshirts" of theirs, I noticed there is a little "rugged-type passport" identification thingy on it. I open it up and I almost burned the thing in disgust.

One page:
High-Quality Vintage Inspired Fabric
Since the Abercrombie guy is always extremely active and on the go, we made sure our fabric is strong to withstand any type of physical activity. So, in 15 to 20 years you'll be able to proudly look back at your sweatshirt and say, "Man that is high quality."

Another page:
High-Contrast Stitching
Even though our sweatshirts are great on the outside, we pay attention to the inside with high-contrast, thick stitching. So, when your sweatshirt is inside out on the bedroom floor of that lucky girl of yours, she'll still be impressed by the looks.

I don't remember the rest of the shit they had in there. That and the $110 dollar pair of "ragged, vintage jeans" I was disgusted. Still go in there and browse, and if I find something that I really might like... then yes I'll buy it. (Now is an American Eagle fan since they have nice clothes and cheaper prices. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

~Flashes back to my cousin's wedding this summer and remembers seeing two of my cousin's wearing nothing but Abercrombie and realize.... that they were wearing probably good $400 combined. That their parents more then likely bought for them.~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2004-10-01 09:13 ]</font>

Solstis
Oct 1, 2004, 12:14 PM
I just wear whatever happened to be on sale at the time.

Currently, I've been shopping at Goody's, just because it's so dang cheap. Mmmm... 11.00 (after tax) for a button-up shirt. Mmm.

Abercrombie can kiss my ass with their expensive prices and dripping sexuality.

Evil_Althena8
Oct 1, 2004, 01:39 PM
wow that really is disgusting. They actually get away with that bullshit too. I have an Ecko shirt that says something weird like that on the inside tag. Something like "this is a unique piece of clothing designed by the Ecko labs...visionary...blablabla". It's really pathetic how far clothing companies will go to market their clothes.

Arislan
Oct 1, 2004, 01:51 PM
::looks at his wardrobe::

Hmm, free shirts from vendors or E3...
Lee and Levi jeans and khakis...

Hmm, I think at any given time, I'm wearing about 45 bucks in clothes, including shoes and undergarments. I just don't see the point in spending 100 bucks on a pair of pants just so that I can say "Hey! I've got an expensive pair of pants, when I could have went out to eat at a restaurant for a week instead!"

Dun get it.

Scrub
Oct 1, 2004, 03:32 PM
Overpriced bullshit like that is the reason I wear Haiwaiin shirts, jeans, and nothing else.>=/

Oh, underpants, socks, and a T-shirt too, of course.>_>

WraithVerge
Oct 1, 2004, 05:29 PM
screw buying clothes! Go nude! Yeah!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif j/k ...

if it fits comfortably and looks ok to me... fine and dandy. Move on to other business. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HotWaterDeath
Oct 1, 2004, 09:47 PM
On 2004-10-01 11:39, Evil_Althena8 wrote:
wow that really is disgusting. They actually get away with that bullshit too. I have an Ecko shirt that says something weird like that on the inside tag. Something like "this is a unique piece of clothing designed by the Ecko labs...visionary...blablabla". It's really pathetic how far clothing companies will go to market their clothes.

HAHAHAHA!

I love the irony in the Ecko company statement that "This is a unique piece of crap" when they mass-manufacture that shirt in third-world sweat shops to sell in Ecko outlet stores all over the world. Its priceless.

But if you think mall-clothing stores are bad, you should see what people spend on designer goods, with people that feel dirty if they wear the same article of clothing twice in their lifetime. These mall-change chumps are nothing compared to the barmy army of the upper-class society.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 2, 2004, 02:29 AM
On 2004-10-01 19:47, HotWaterDeath wrote:
HAHAHAHA!

I love the irony in the Ecko company statement that "This is a unique piece of crap" when they mass-manufacture that shirt in third-world sweat shops to sell in Ecko outlet stores all over the world. Its priceless.

But if you think mall-clothing stores are bad, you should see what people spend on designer goods, with people that feel dirty if they wear the same article of clothing twice in their lifetime. These mall-change chumps are nothing compared to the barmy army of the upper-class society.

Yep!
That guy for the old "mansions of the rich and famous" show voices this stupid celebrity spending spree show on VH1.

A common line:
"Jennifer Aniston wears a summertime look that costs well over four thousand dollars. It costs celebrities hundreds of dollars on items to dress down."

Hmm. Flip flops sandals, sunglasses, and a tank top outfit DO NOT NEED to cost $4,000! Ever.
Once watching that show was enough.

Also. $400 on an OOGLY T-shirt from some stupid hollywood store that opens up a seperate room only for celebs like Ashton Kutcher, is ridiculous. Not half as bad as some mall department stores as stated. They have $28 t-shirts, $68 sweatshirts, and $200 velour track suits/jean outfits in mall stores like Macy's.

I thought $28 T-shirts were bad, with only something like "ECKO" on it in small print. $400 t-shirts that say like "USA" or "Harley Davidson" on them? Hmm.

...but this is coming from someone whose last clothing purchase was a $100 Shaquille O'Neal Lakers Nike Authentic jersey. I must be a hypocrite, but it was my choice to spend that amount on this article of clothing. I don't enjoy eating out too much, and am a sucker for NBA jerseys lately.