PDA

View Full Version : Servers

MilkManX
Feb 21, 2001, 02:38 PM
ANyone else crash last night about 12:30am pacific time? Man I was in the middle of a boss fight. Oh well.

Bman
Feb 21, 2001, 04:52 PM
Well, I didn't crash, but yeah, the game effectively went to la-la land. We had just piped up to Pioneer 2, and then we started lagging HARD. There was one burst of activity (chat messages finally went through, etc), and then it went totally cold. I quit pretty quickly and played offline. I tried again a few hours later, and it still couldn't connect to the servers.

Ambrai
Feb 21, 2001, 04:55 PM
They really need to work on this lag. It's almost all server side. I mean hell if you can have 32 players within a 8 foot circle of you in EQ and not lag out or anything than there is NO excuse for this in Sega.

The only leadway I will give them is that we are not paying a per month charge. but I would be more than happy to pay if proper servers and consistant updates would be the result.

Zwackery
Feb 21, 2001, 05:16 PM
Yes. I've discovered that most of the problems I'm having are definately server side and have nothing to do with my internet service. I thought the ISP I was using was the cause of my problems online, then I switched to broadband and I have the same problems. In fact, the only thing I've noticed that's different is when I first connect to a PSO server or someone logs into a game I've created. It takes one or two seconds for someone to jump into the game rather than the 10 seconds it used to take before. Other than that, there's no difference. I still experience the same lag and disconnections from time to time.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Zwackery on 2001-02-21 14:18 ]</font>