PDA

View Full Version : Finding that *peep* item

satepan
Oct 6, 2004, 05:04 AM
hi guys and girls i've got a problem and was hoping others players can share their missery with me or maybay have some tips.
I'm having a little trouble with finding some sort of items. Now i know that it is common to NOT find some items when your playing for an hour or 2 BUT I have encounterd more then 30 mill lilly's in 2 days (yeah that's is a lot of playing:S) and still haven't got that *peep*Peep* pshyco wand or that smoking plate grrr.

The story a little so far:
Here I am level 105 fonewm, purplenum,
playing with friends do a lot of quests and leveling up. Then i figured he why don't I go for some items hunting, so I lookt where to find the best items for my force and discoverd cave, I take the quest addicting food and start zapping my way trough it. No normally an item or 2 will drop, so it does, but not the wand or the plate. So i thought: he, I'm just level 105 way to low for these kind of stuff. so i fought and bleed in ruins and mine and offcourse some cave . Meanwhile I grew to level 130 thinking it was enough to have that items but NO.
Now i heard that you can do 4 things in order to get those things
1: go online because there you can trade(hmmhmm like anyone will trade their wand) or it is possible that it drops on online and not on offline
2: making another section and start hunting there for tha stuff ( made myself a yellowboze for the plate now just need to get a section for the wand or the sor"cane sugestions anyone?)
3: keep playing, under the suggestion: it will drop somewhere in the jear 2567
4: start crying and accept it can't be done.

so i've tried all four of them but nothoing seems to work. HELP me, enlighten me, share your pain on any item you still haven't got your paws on.

*funny though i've got the needle and the heaven punisher, frozen shooter and a dozen of demo comet's and metor thingie's but not the wand sob sob*

Capricornus
Oct 6, 2004, 05:24 AM
Not to disappoint you, but you cant expect to find these 2 items (unless you are lucky) from a purp ID in 2 or less days.

True, the purp ID is by far the best chances to find the Psycho wand, but it still has 1 chance out of 200 to be found by a mil (you are still far from the average drop rate with your 30 mils)

Best chances to get the psycho are by piping mils (on purp ID) in the Waterfall tears quest (9 lillies in 1 room)
Another Psycho Wand attempt (which I do not exclude) is from bluefull seabed (PW 3 wields a lot of delbiters and the drop chance is like 12k - it needs a lot of luck of course, but I did find a heaven punisher on purp ID from a mericarol, which wields the same drop rate)

As for the smoking plate, you got many chances.
Bluefull has the best drop chances but only the bringer drops it (not a lot of bringers)
Yellowboze has the highest drop rate from all available IDS able to find it, but the Arlan is easily to be found in large amounts (compared to the bringer)
Purp ID comes between those 2, regarding the enemy who drops it (crimson) and regarding the drop chance (higher than bringer, lower then Arlan)

Just dont give up on it with your purplenium ID is my advice

Hrith
Oct 6, 2004, 05:33 AM
Greetings,

First, you might like using that chart: http://faqs.ign.com/articles/394/394902p1.html as it lists the drop rate for the items as well.

As you can see, the drop rate for Psycho Wand on Purplenum is 1/205, it's very hard to get, but still the best place to hunt for it.
The drop rate for Smoking Plate off a Crimson Assassin is 1/1862, it kinda rare, but nothing impossible.

On 2004-10-06 03:04, satepan wrote:
Meanwhile I grew to level 130 thinking it was enough to have that items but NO.
Your level has no impact on your odds of finding rares or not.

1: go online because there you can trade(hmmhmm like anyone will trade their wand)
Rare weapons in trade are dupes.

or it is possible that it drops on online and not on offline
Drops are the same online and offline.

2: making another section and start hunting there for tha stuff
Purplenum is best for Psycho Wand, Smoking is better in Redria or Bluefull, definitely not Yellowboze.

Sorcere's Right Arm is a weapon you can do without, but sure, Yellowboze is good for it.

Shar
Oct 6, 2004, 10:11 AM
1: go online because there you can trade(hmmhmm like anyone will trade their wand)
Rare weapons in trade are dupes.

I don't agree there. There are people with legit rares who trade them. And with rares I mean real rares. (SJS for example X_x) Even though, I wouldn't trade it, I know someone who did it.