PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh that Music...

HotWaterDeath
Oct 6, 2004, 10:47 AM
What's with the recent influx of faceless attacks of different styles of music as of late? I'm hearing all the same, tired rants like "Hip-hop is for LOLZERS!", and "Cry me a river EMO kid", and I'm bloody sick of it.

Why is it that the vast majority of you people tend to judge any form/style of music by the mainstream-media interpretation of it (I'm sure there are bound to be exceptions to this within the mainstream-community)? You simply can't glance at something and expect to know enough about it to make any sound judgement. Everyone seems so dead-set on focusing on the negative-attributes of various styles that overlook any redeeming qualities that these forms may offer. Granted, you're not going to enjoy everything that you partake of, but you can at least try to respect what these people are trying to accomplish, or say, in lieu of making lame derogetory statements.

In closing, to my addle-brain statements, there is beauty in everything, and I wish more people would take the time to realize that, instead of closing their minds to these forms (Read: Every form of music). So next time you decide to rant and rave about how you "hate" metal-heads, or who-knows-what, just chill.

Ness
Oct 6, 2004, 02:11 PM
Why?

Because this forum is full of 13-15 year olds that want to hate on something and think stereotypes represent the entire population. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Seriously..... umm.... it looks liek that statement had more truth in it than I initially expected. All i have to do it just add a few "mosts" in there and include the fact that it's not just 13-15 years olds.

Of course you can't really blame them because people have likes and dislikes. Some people hate emo so they voice their opinions on it. They may be misinformed, but that won't stop them from tlakign about it.

Aredhel
Oct 6, 2004, 04:01 PM
Beautiful rant! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm tired of arguing about things here, though, so I'll just stay out of this one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Daikarin
Oct 8, 2004, 06:06 PM
On 2004-10-06 08:47, HotWaterDeath wrote:
Everyone seems so dead-set on focusing on the negative-attributes of various styles that overlook any redeeming qualities that these forms may offer.

Sadly, that doesn't only apply to music.

HotWaterDeath
Oct 9, 2004, 09:44 AM
On 2004-10-08 16:06, Even_Jin wrote:

Everyone seems so dead-set on focusing on the negative-attributes of various styles that overlook any redeeming qualities that these forms may offer.

Oh really? How so?

Bradicus
Oct 9, 2004, 12:21 PM
On 2004-10-09 07:44, HotWaterDeath wrote:

Oh really? How so?

Food
Movies
Art
Literature

The list goes on.

HotWaterDeath
Oct 10, 2004, 03:04 PM
On 2004-10-09 10:21, Bradicus wrote:

Oh really? How so?

Food
Movies
Art
Literature

The list goes on.

Eh?

Once again, I'm confused.

Does the "Six Ways From Sunday" dealey in your sig have anything to do with a Rise Against song, by a similar title? Just checking.

Daikarin
Oct 10, 2004, 03:55 PM
On 2004-10-10 13:04, HotWaterDeath wrote:

Oh really? How so?

Food
Movies
Art
Literature

The list goes on.

Eh?

Does the "Six Ways From Sunday" dealey in your sig have anything to do with a Rise Against song, by a similar title? Just checking.

What I meant was that some people have a tendency to focus on the negative side of things, and forget about the good parts.

I know, because I used to be like that with someone.

Sagasu
Oct 10, 2004, 06:45 PM
Nothing can be perfect, music, art..

the world

One complaint is just like anothwer, no matter how you dress it up. So why complain about the complaining? I would think you would have had enough of it by now.

Maybe when one realises that their words tend not to change how people think they'll stand down. Its a lesson I myself have yet to learn.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sagasu on 2004-10-10 16:46 ]</font>

Bradicus
Oct 10, 2004, 08:01 PM
On 2004-10-10 13:04, HotWaterDeath wrote:

Oh really? How so?

Food
Movies
Art
Literature

The list goes on.

Eh?

People tend to "focus on the negative attributes" in several areas. Usually just because another person's taste does not match their own.

And my sig has nothing to do with music. Unless it's sweet chin-music.

Aredhel
Oct 10, 2004, 08:21 PM
On 2004-10-10 16:45, Sagasu wrote:
Nothing can be perfect, music, art..

the world

One complaint is just like anothwer, no matter how you dress it up. So why complain about the complaining? I would think you would have had enough of it by now.

Maybe when one realises that their words tend not to change how people think they'll stand down. Its a lesson I myself have yet to learn.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sagasu on 2004-10-10 16:46 ]</font>

Nothing, short of ideas, can ever be perfect. Even then, only individual ideas are perfect - prefects construed by consensus are fundamentally flawed as they are subject to the perceptions of numerous others.

You are, however, very right in saying that words tend to not change how people think and act. This leaves a shred of possibility that must be acted on. If you truly believe in something, yet others do not see, is it truly worth convincing them if you can so easily give up on it? Abandonment denotes insignificance - though if you have conclusions that are truly worth investing beliefs in, do all you can to convince others, no matter the lengths. What other mark do you have on this world if you cannot express your essence to it? Don't give up if you know it's true - whatever your conclusions are. Sure, this is musing advice from the blind to the deaf, but finding such beauty in the circumstances is a true art.

So what was this about music, again? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif