PDA

View Full Version : A Halo rant, fun no?

TheOneHero
Oct 6, 2004, 11:06 PM
So after taking a few month break from Halo, I decided to hop back on XBC and find a game where I could warm back up a little and slip into my Halo shoes. For those of you that read my previous rant that involved halo that took place sometime ago, just felt like putting it in with the others.

Upon entering one game, they asked me if I was any good, and replied that I was though haven't gone at it in awhile. Without replying the game started and I sat down in front of my tv to prepare to get my ass landed to me in my time of playing Halo again.

As I gripped the controller and readied myself for this game we were about to kill each other in. I hoped that it was capture the flag. My best event. Though it was not, but yet a team slayer. So after me actually winning for the begining, *which I thought odd* The 3 players I was versing did something which was part of why I left online Halo games.

Yay, for you shooting me in the leg and killing me in one hit. Yay, for me giving you several pistol rounds in the face and you not dying. So I left the game in anger at the little kidies using the Mod Chip.

Then I found another game, when which I was ready to own. A capture the flag at blood gulch, one of my favorite areas. Taking up a shot gun and reading my pistol I set off to recover the flag while a teamate back me up from sniping. As I neared the enemy base and zoomed in on my pistol to take out one guard, another jumped from the enemy base and out into the middle of the field. I turned to watch him and in another moment he was at my base and out with the flag.

Two giant hacked leaps later he made it back into his base and scored. x.x

My rant is really about the little hackers on Halo and their dam mod chips. I'm sick of going into a game and then seeing people running around never dying or jumping across the entire level. It's clear that if I stick you in the face with a gernade you're going to get your ass handed to you.

Though when it blows and you still walk proudly around...people get pissed.

Fuma029
Oct 6, 2004, 11:40 PM
Un-freaking-believable!
*claps hands wildly*
All I can say is http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Deathscythealpha
Oct 7, 2004, 04:58 AM
I still do not see the enjoyment people get from playing competative online games while using hacks/mods. All it shows is that your too lame to actually compete at the game properly and that you should quit now.

No one is going to worship you for being great when you use infinate life mods.

Skuda
Oct 7, 2004, 07:15 AM
and how exactly is that supposed to be fun? part of the fun in games is getting owned and trying again.

so these guys sit around and whoop butt all day long and don't get tired!? friggin robots.. I swear, wha has become of kids today?

(If PSO ever gets THAT bad, I just might quit)

Rainbowlemon
Oct 7, 2004, 12:27 PM
Dude, get Halo PC, it's so much more fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

KaFKa
Oct 7, 2004, 12:39 PM
how is halo supposed to be fun to begin with?

Armok
Oct 7, 2004, 02:49 PM
That is the main reason why

A, I dont play competitive online games. As most online gamer seem to be dickfaces with no objective other than win in the most lame shit way possible.

B, I didnt get an X box

Scrub
Oct 7, 2004, 03:00 PM
C'mon, it isn't THAT bad. I'd use a mod chip or some crap if:

A. I had money to afford it.

B. It makes the game more enjoyable for ME; Fuck everybody else, when I'm online, I want to have FUN. And if my fun was using a device I BOUGHT to ruin your shit, so be it.

C. It didn't fuck up Xbox Live.

It might suck for you, but it rules for the people who are using it.n_n

Armok
Oct 7, 2004, 03:04 PM
On 2004-10-07 13:00, GreyPhantasm wrote:
C'mon, it isn't THAT bad. I'd use a mod chip or some crap if:

A. I had money to afford it.

B. It makes the game more enjoyable for ME; Fuck everybody else, when I'm online, I want to have FUN. And if my fun was using a device I BOUGHT to ruin your shit, so be it.

C. It didn't fuck up Xbox Live.

It might suck for you, but it rules for the people who are using it.n_n

If you enjoy winning without a challange go ahead.

You really could get flamed/spammed for those views though there are a lot of angry people here.

Scrub
Oct 7, 2004, 03:13 PM
I never play a game to win. I go with Schmidts, Duals, or Mac-10 in CS, Plasma Pistol and Needler in Halo, and all that crap. Whatever I think is the coolest looking thing, I use. Because it's FUN. I think it'd be fun to play Xbox Connect being able to jump half the map and what not. So I'd gladly take up the offer for it if I could.

Might not use the invinciblity stuff, but let's just say I could get a CS hack that made me jump up 50 feet. Would I get it? Hell yea, that'd be fucking FUN, jumping over the Miltia building and shooting those on the other side. If people get pissed off in the process, fuck you. I play however I like and the only thing that stops me is my laziness or if I'm playing with a friend.

Yea, I used hacks on Warcraft III all the time, and I would honestly take them off if the other team didn't want me using them. Saying stuff like 'Oh, they're team got Phantom Lancer, Purity's Disciple, Titan of the Order, Frost Maiden, and Flame Lord' over all chat and hearing the 'OMG TURN OFF HAX FAYGET' made me happy and we would all laugh at it(being as we used a Voice Chat providing service while playing). Oh well.

Link00seven
Oct 7, 2004, 03:42 PM
I don't use Xbox Connect...stupid cheaters and stuff like that. I personally perfer GameSpy Arcade. You should give that a try.

TheOneHero
Oct 7, 2004, 05:51 PM
On 2004-10-07 13:42, Link00seven wrote:
I don't use Xbox Connect...stupid cheaters and stuff like that. I personally perfer GameSpy Arcade. You should give that a try.

Is gamespy acarde free? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif I've never heard of it. >.>

KodiaX987
Oct 7, 2004, 07:34 PM

You are willing to sacrifice the fun of several thousand people for your own benefit?

If I make an online game and see you online, you're getting an insta-ban, with no questions asked.

Aredhel
Oct 7, 2004, 07:56 PM
On 2004-10-07 13:13, GreyPhantasm wrote:
I never play a game to win. I go with Schmidts, Duals, or Mac-10 in CS, Plasma Pistol and Needler in Halo, and all that crap. Whatever I think is the coolest looking thing, I use. Because it's FUN. I think it'd be fun to play Xbox Connect being able to jump half the map and what not. So I'd gladly take up the offer for it if I could.

Might not use the invinciblity stuff, but let's just say I could get a CS hack that made me jump up 50 feet. Would I get it? Hell yea, that'd be fucking FUN, jumping over the Miltia building and shooting those on the other side. If people get pissed off in the process, fuck you. I play however I like and the only thing that stops me is my laziness or if I'm playing with a friend.

Yea, I used hacks on Warcraft III all the time, and I would honestly take them off if the other team didn't want me using them. Saying stuff like 'Oh, they're team got Phantom Lancer, Purity's Disciple, Titan of the Order, Frost Maiden, and Flame Lord' over all chat and hearing the 'OMG TURN OFF HAX FAYGET' made me happy and we would all laugh at it(being as we used a Voice Chat providing service while playing). Oh well.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

You're one of those kids...

That sucks.

Fuma029
Oct 7, 2004, 10:40 PM
All I know is LAN is way more awesome than XBLive. Of course, not all people have 15 friends to play with like I do...

Solstis
Oct 7, 2004, 11:07 PM
On 2004-10-07 17:34, KodiaX987 wrote:

You are willing to sacrifice the fun of several thousand people for your own benefit?

If I make an online game and see you online, you're getting an insta-ban, with no questions asked.

Not to mention a swift kick to the teeth.

If I had the capability to shut down your IP address via your ISP, should I?

I mean, I would certainly get a kick out of it.

DarthFomar
Oct 7, 2004, 11:11 PM
On 2004-10-07 20:40, Fuma029 wrote:
All I know is LAN is way more awesome than XBLive. Of course, not all people have 15 friends to play with like I do...

>_<

I only, half the time, get to play with eight of my friends. Though, it's mostly just five people. But, I think the most people I've ever played with is about "nine" or so. It's hard getting your old school buds together these days. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

When Halo 2 comes out, and if I'm playing with hackers...the first thing I'll do is disconnet from the server and laugh. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Because if they "have" to cheat in order to "win", then they don't even deserve my presence or my skills.

_Nuff said_

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-10-07 21:14 ]</font>