PDA

View Full Version : Wow, McDonalds, when did you start getting the new flavor?

TheOneHero
Oct 7, 2004, 03:40 PM
The flavor of: "We don't clean our ice cream machine." I went and ordered a vanilla milkshake for myself and was driving home when I noticed the taste. I first I thought it was normal and would go away soon. Though I was wrong.

Then when it didn't go away I though the maybe some other flavor had got mixed in lke chocalate or something. Though yet again I was wrong, in one respect.

I was right however that a new flavor had been added, and that my friends was thus: Some kind of sick shit taste from the machine not being cleaned was thrown into the sweet icecream that I so desired then and there. I was rather ticked at finding this discovery and the loss of my money.

I opened the plastic lid and what a sigh my eyes beheld. Some nasty looking color mixed with my vanilla. Now I sit here, shakeless and enraged at my tragic moment. I should have known better and went to Steak 'n Shake instead. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Shattered_weasel
Oct 7, 2004, 05:33 PM
If you want a shake go to "Jack in the Box"...plain and simple.

Alielle
Oct 8, 2004, 12:03 AM
McDonald's used to put clay in their shakes for texture.

McDonald's sucks. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AUTO_
Oct 8, 2004, 02:04 AM
I think the correct thing to have done would've been to get an Oreo McFlurry, instead. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 8, 2004, 06:25 AM
On 2004-10-08 00:04, AUTO_ wrote:
I think the correct thing to have done would've been to get an Oreo McFlurry, instead. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

...BUT it uses the SAME ICE CREAM/MACHINE!!!

So he would have been screwed over if he did that too.

I feel your pain man.
Cold dessert foods should never be so contaminated. You just feel so dirty when you get such a nasty experience.

Working in fast food, I now get to see first hand what bastards do to the food they serve.

Tomatoes with center green/white rinds for sandwiches?
Check.

Old tomatoes that have an abundance of bruises/welts/excessive juice/green seeds?
Check.

The list goes on. I'm only one person and can't catch and remedy all the mistakes being made by food service co-workers with bad common sense and decency, but I am damn sure gonna try!

I'm also not perfect either, but I cannot justify going to another fast food restaurant and finding a large piece of plastic in 'your' signature sandwich!

Beware the horrors of fast food.
Everybody become health inspectors right now!
Save us all!
Edited "feed" to "food" in one instance. Argh, how did I screw up that spelling?!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2004-10-08 04:27 ]</font>

Skuda
Oct 8, 2004, 07:13 AM
On 2004-10-08 04:25, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

On 2004-10-08 00:04, AUTO_ wrote:

...BUT it uses the SAME ICE CREAM/MACHINE!!!

unless they're not up to code, the shake machine should be seperate from the flurry and sundae machine.

and yes, I know about the shakes. perhaps you just ordered on on a bad day.

occasionally, the shake machines smell like the icemilk mixture has gone sour, and that means the people who worked the night before didn't clean it properly.

stupid lazy employees.

no matter where you go, they're always there.

HotWaterDeath
Oct 8, 2004, 10:02 AM
I don't trust fast-food chains, as such, I avoid them as much as humanly possible.

Not to bust your hump or anything, but it was McDonalds man. What did you expect?

anwserman
Oct 8, 2004, 11:14 AM
Go to a Dairy Queen.
We make our shakes from ice cream blended with milk. Not some shit dumped into a freezer that gets slightly frozen (*cough Burger King, McDonalds, Wendy's*)

Though, don't get me wrong, I've eaten at Dairy Queens and other resteraunts that made me wish that I didn't eat at all. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

TheOneHero
Oct 8, 2004, 02:46 PM
On 2004-10-08 09:14, anwserman wrote:
Go to a Dairy Queen.
We make our shakes from ice cream blended with milk. Not some shit dumped into a freezer that gets slightly frozen (*cough Burger King, McDonalds, Wendy's*)

Hmmm...I shall try Dairy Queen. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Though Steak 'n Shake makes the worlds best shakes and is famous for Steak Burgers. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif *cough*sidebysidemilkshakes*cough*

I should have gone back and demanded my whole 3$ back. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif McDonalds is so dam exspensive

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 8, 2004, 05:32 PM
On 2004-10-08 12:46, TheOneHero wrote:

On 2004-10-08 09:14, anwserman wrote:
Go to a Dairy Queen.

Hmmm...I shall try Dairy Queen. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Though Steak 'n Shake makes the worlds best shakes and is famous for Steak Burgers. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif *cough*sidebysidemilkshakes*cough*

I should have gone back and demanded my whole 3$ back. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif McDonalds is so dam exspensive

31 flavors Baskin Robins, shake thingy is soo damn expensive.

Try $4 to $5 shakes!

But at least you can see over the counter how clean their blenders/scoops/milk/etc. are. Not just a quick lever pull, slop and pop a lid.

Dairy Queen is cool too. I have not been alot so I haven't had a bad experience there yet.

Alielle
Oct 9, 2004, 02:57 AM
Baskin Robbins is expensive, but I think it's worth it. Their shakes are made with real ice cream and milk (not acrylic like McD's o_o). And their hot fudge pwns.

Dammit, now I want ice cream. >_>

SpikeOtacon
Oct 9, 2004, 07:01 AM
And this isn't new, either. It was either McDonalds or Burger King, but someone has a 'triple thick' milkshake. What is the triple thick? Chocolate, Vanilla and strawberry all thrown together! And they make money off of it!

Link00seven
Oct 9, 2004, 08:25 AM
The only fast food place I get Shakes are Arbys. In fact, Arby's is about the only fast food place thats worth a shit, IMO.

HotWaterDeath
Oct 9, 2004, 09:42 AM
I think Coldstone, TCBY, Haagen Dazs, and Ben & Jerry stores slay any Dairy Queen or Shake & Steak. That's just my take on it.

Fireal
Oct 9, 2004, 03:07 PM
I feel your pain man.
Cold dessert foods should never be so contaminated. You just feel so dirty when you get such a nasty experience.

How many stores has this happened in, one?
It doesn't happen often, trust me.
At my store we clean our machine whenever it tells us to, if we don't we get our asses kicked.

Working in fast food, I now get to see first hand what bastards do to the food they serve.
Having worked at my store for 4 years, I have never witnessed someone intentially contaminate someones food on purpose. Sure people drop buns, in which case they have to start again

Check.
Never seen an unripe tomato... ,seeing as they have to be quality checked first n' all

Old tomatoes that have an abundance of bruises/welts/excessive juice/green seeds?
Check.
Tomato gets dropped, tomato gets binned.
That's the way it is at my store, and most others I'd assume.

Freak incidents don't make everything in the every restaurant, dirty, disgusting and contaminated.

McDonalds has like 100s of saftey checks and stuff to carry out everyday, do you know how tiresome that is, to ensure people don't complain and moan about litle things...
But people are never happy.

Murdercall
Oct 9, 2004, 03:17 PM
England has very tight health and safety rules compared to any other country though..

Fireal
Oct 9, 2004, 03:22 PM
Well, that sucks for you guys then.

The only complaints I get are when some guy comes back saying his burger (that he bought 30 minutes ago) has gone cold...

Also, you do realise that all stores have a phone number, and you do realise that if you ring this number, you can complain, usually resulting in free food... right?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 11, 2004, 03:27 AM
On 2004-10-09 13:07, Fireal wrote:
I feel your pain man.

How many stores has this happened in, one?
It doesn't happen often, trust me.
At my store we clean our machine whenever it tells us to, if we don't we get our asses kicked.

Having worked at my store for 4 years, I have never witnessed someone intentially contaminate someones food on purpose. Sure people drop buns, in which case they have to start again

Check.
Never seen an unripe tomato... ,seeing as they have to be quality checked first n' all

Check.
Tomato gets dropped, tomato gets binned.
That's the way it is at my store, and most others I'd assume.

Freak incidents don't make everything in the every restaurant, dirty, disgusting and contaminated.

McDonalds has like 100s of saftey checks and stuff to carry out everyday, do you know how tiresome that is, to ensure people don't complain and moan about litle things...
But people are never happy.

Hey!
Calm the hell down.
If you're going to quote me religiously here, use my name at least and proper quoting brackets.

WHERE did I say I worked in a fucking McDonalds?!

I'm sick of trying to fix EVERY damn problem with my restaurant/workplace when other bastard co-workers fuck everything up. GOT IT?

Why should I even try if no one else is picking up the slack?!

These lazy-don't-give-a-shit co workers suck at everything they do. They will serve all kinds of bad stuff. They don't even bother to think of the WORST CASE SCENARIO, EVER! they don't care if their food being served is not how it should be. They don't even know how it should be. They just come in, make a mess, and leave with their minimum wage paychecks.
I have to clean up all their messes and take all their bullshit words. Do you know how hard this is?

I work with idiot kids and people with English as a second language. Lucky you. You don't have any idea what I deal with so back off. NOW.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 11, 2004, 03:33 AM
You want to bold and quote something?
You should have bolded and quoted this part of my response. The others were mere opinions based on my experience at my workplace. How dare you.

On 2004-10-08 04:25, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

The list goes on. I'm only one person and can't catch and remedy all the mistakes being made by food service co-workers with bad common sense and decency, but I am damn sure gonna try!

I'm also not perfect either, but I cannot justify going to another fast food restaurant and finding a large piece of plastic in 'your' signature sandwich!

Beware the horrors of fast food.
Everybody become health inspectors right now!
Save us all!

Eanae
Oct 11, 2004, 08:53 AM
Go jump on the bandwagon and sue them! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Fireal
Oct 11, 2004, 03:59 PM
On 2004-10-11 01:27, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

These lazy-don't-give-a-shit co workers suck at everything they do. They will serve all kinds of bad stuff. They don't even bother to think of the WORST CASE SCENARIO, EVER! they don't care if their food being served is not how it should be. They don't even know how it should be. They just come in, make a mess, and leave with their minimum wage paychecks.
I have to clean up all their messes and take all their bullshit words. Do you know how hard this is?

I work with idiot kids and people with English as a second language. Lucky you. You don't have any idea what I deal with so back off. NOW.

You think I don't get the same?
I have worked in McDs for 4 years.
I'm pretty sure I know exactly what you deal with.

It's a job, if you want to get anywhere in life you have to deal with all the extra shit that little gay annoying employees bestow upon you. No matter where you are.

darthsaber9x9
Oct 11, 2004, 04:21 PM
On 2004-10-11 13:59, Fireal wrote:

It's a job, if you want to get anywhere in life you have to deal with all the extra shit that little gay annoying employees bestow upon you. No matter where you are.

sorry, but I have to insist that you DO NOT use gay as an insult

Solstis
Oct 11, 2004, 04:23 PM
On 2004-10-11 14:21, darthsaber9x9 wrote:

On 2004-10-11 13:59, Fireal wrote:

sorry, but I have to insist that you DO NOT use gay as an insult

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Some people are just immature/not-english-majorey enough to use that as an insult.

Anyways, it seems that no matter what McDonalds pulls on my food, I always seem to eat there.

Scrub
Oct 11, 2004, 04:26 PM
For the two arguers:

Let's just settle down and agree that not all restuarants are perfect, deal? Both of you have to deal with shit, be it the same or different, but the bottom line comes down to this:

Nobody wants to hear you two bitch to each other. Take it to PMs.

::goes to write last 2 sentences down as a reminder to himself::