PDA

View Full Version : Er, hello? Some help?

navci
Oct 9, 2004, 09:49 PM
Had a really busy day at work.
Busy days are good days. Fumi told me he assembled a special block set which is an Edgemiles builder, super discounted, special selections. Anyway. Sold it. 600 bucks sales right away. Very good day, beat budget. Cool.

Slept on the bus, keep dozing off. Very very tired.
By the time I get off the bus, I was relieved, and hoping to get home to get dinner, and pee. (so busy don't even have time for pee) Now. When I stepped off the bus, (it has been raining all day). Apparently there was an uneven surface, can't see it because of the rain and darkness. Stepped on it, ankle twisted a little, lose balance. Fell on all fours. See, it was a lot of friction between my poor hands and the very very rough ground (to prevent people from slipping from the rain which happens all year round). Hands bleeding. Hurts so bad I can't get up for a little while. Wanted to at least move out of the way for people to get out of the bus. They all just kinda pushed me aside and went on their way, while I was trying my hardest to get back up. Er, hello. Someone just fell with "ow ow ow", how about some "Are you okay?" or, at least stop trying to push me aside? Assholes.

Finally stood back up, knees hurting horribly. At least pants were intact, would suck if I have to buy a new pair. Came back home, whined to bro, bro showed sympathy. Amazed that pants didn't break, I checked knees. Knees bleeding like fuck. Suprisingly, provided pants were completely unscratched. Bro adviced on changing into a pair of shorts. Went ahead did that, washed wound under cold water, try to put alcohol on it, hurt like hell.

Yes. So.
1. Really. If you see a person falling, try to at least appreciate that it hurts and maybe offer help. I was lucky I didn't twist my ankle.
2. What is with me and getting juries these days? Like everyday I put another finger out of comission. (I hurt my index finger on the left hand in the fall). Ya. It hurts. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Too much bleeding. Gib sympathy and chocolate cake now.

Zelutos
Oct 9, 2004, 10:05 PM
*gives navi 20 chocolate cakes!* FEEL BETTER NAVI! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

RicoRoyal
Oct 9, 2004, 10:20 PM
Sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience. I can't believe how inconsiderate those people on the bus were. Still, I generally don't expect much from a majority of the people who ride my buses home (you ever wonder why some 40+ year-olds are riding on buses? Yup, they most likely fucked up in life and/or are fucked up). I once saw a woman accidently (the bus took off too soon and she was carrying tons of grocery bags) spill an entire bottle of cranberry juice on a 60+ year-old man. I immediately got up to at least ask if he was okay and if there was anything I could do. At the time, I was shocked to see that no one else so much as cared to see what was going on. If it makes you feel any better, those people who didn't give a shit about you will undoubtedly recieve far worse treatment at some point in their lives (the universe has a way of catching up with people).

As to why you might be having so much bad luck: I don't believe clumsiness is so much bad "luck" as it is a lack of concentration. You've obviously been very busy, and thus tired, as of late. Lack of sleep and/or rest has manifested into this awful streak of events.

Oh, and here is something special for you. I had to kill a man (and a test monkey too), but I got you something even better than just plain old chocolate cake. Feel better! (seriously, feel better, or you might just continue having mishaps)
http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/TECH/space/11/20/astronaut.kitchen.ap/vert.astronaut.kitchen.jpg
Rehydrated Chocolate Cake

Sagasu
Oct 9, 2004, 10:24 PM
You've been quite tired of late, right?

This tends to make one clumsy at times, and perhaps slow to comprehend.

You need rest damn it, you can't just go around exauhsted as you are and expect everything to play out normally.

navci
Oct 9, 2004, 10:45 PM
On 2004-10-09 20:20, RicoRoyal wrote:
(you ever wonder why some 40+ year-olds are riding on buses? Yup, they most likely fucked up in life and/or are fucked up).

Hm.
I am guessing what you are trying to see is that people who are 40 years plus and don't drive have a fucked up life.

This doesn't apply to all places though. In big cities where public transport network is well built. It makes more sense to bus because, say for example. Vancouver downtown area (is where I live) is an ass to find parking, and they are actually considering putting a entering fee for cars entering downtown area to encourage people using public transport. While I appreciate your sympathy and dehydrated chocolate cake, I just ... can't agree with what you said, IF that is what you mean.

Most bus people I have met are usually nice. As is bus drivers. I was just suprised that particular batch was so bad.

Solstis
Oct 9, 2004, 10:53 PM
A pox upon them all!

*huggle*

Here's to feeling better, navi.

WraithVerge
Oct 9, 2004, 11:03 PM
In a way I'm not surprised that no one helped you Navi. I don't know exactly why [insert selfish reason] they didn't help, but I do know that it doesn't take more than 10 seconds to offer a hand and ask "Are you ok?" or some other consolation.

Hope you get better. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2004-10-09 21:04 ]</font>

RicoRoyal
Oct 9, 2004, 11:16 PM
On 2004-10-09 20:45, navinator wrote:

On 2004-10-09 20:20, RicoRoyal wrote:
(you ever wonder why some 40+ year-olds are riding on buses? Yup, they most likely fucked up in life and/or are fucked up).

Hm.
I am guessing what you are trying to see is that people who are 40 years plus and don't drive have a fucked up life.

I made no mention of the bus drivers, as I feel that they are just as respectable as anyone else in society. Bus passengers deserve respect just as much as any other individual; it's just that I've noticed that a majority of the people riding on buses give off that lazy-unemployed-still-living-with-mother-at-40-years-old vibe (I'm generalizing alot here, so don't take offense).

Most bus people I have met are usually nice.

That is not my case. The bus ride here cost $1.10. Anyone with $1.10 can and DOES get on the bus. The areas around which I take the bus are not known for heavy traffic. As such, people I usually ride the bus with are individuals who cannot afford to find other means of transportation. For the most part, alot of these individuals who are around 40 years old and riding the bus, are doing so because they failed to ammount to much of anything in life (by "anything", I mean career/economic-wise). You'll notice my frequent use of phrases/words such as "for the most part" and "majority". My comment in no way represents the situation of every bus, everywhere, all the time. An example: I've met more than a few college professors who ride the bus for shits and giggles (interestingly enough, one of them said he takes the bus for the following reason: "to see all wackos on the bus").

I merely speak from personal experience in an area where your traffic statement holds little relevance. If you were offended by my statement, simply put, don't be. Hell, I even feel I wasted time having to explain myself over something that I consider so trivial. Move along, nothing to see here; just another over-generalization created by me to make my everyday life all the more simple.

Get well soon. End trasmission.

Eihwaz
Oct 9, 2004, 11:49 PM
*gibs sympathy and chocolate cake*

That sucks, if I saw someone fall like that, I'd definetly help them up. Shame on those bus patrons of evil. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

navci
Oct 9, 2004, 11:51 PM
@Rico. Not finding it offensive. Just that, as I said, in a city where public transportation are so well built and networked, riding public transportation just seems to make more sense in environment wise, and efficiency wise. And also as I mentioned about parking and such it just make sense to ride in Vancouver.

Just replying to that particular point because of the whole attitude of some people (not you) in general that does think "everyone should drive, bus-riders are losers". Believe it or not, it exist. In this city, the spoiled brats who are driving Hummers once they reach 16 because their parents have too much money to spend. That is the attitude I despise. And I guess I just misread you and responded to that. Not angry about it at you anyway. I just believe in when you live in a city, use the public transport when you can. Less traffic jam.

Xaos127
Oct 10, 2004, 05:15 AM
Thats too bad but i fell your pain. About 3 days ago while i was playing soccer some fukin little faggot from the other team hacked me from behind and broke my ankle. So while i was at the hospital after it had gottin bandaged up, i limped towards the door trying to get to my car. When this old dude walks past and steps on my foot, i screamed 'ARR' then he looked at me i was expecting him to apoligise and be all nice, but the fukin chode says 'watch it' then storms out. So yeah some people these days need to appreciate the injured.peace my foot hurts

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xaos127 on 2004-10-10 03:18 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Oct 10, 2004, 08:35 AM
A few months ago, three people beat up one girl within an inch of her life in downtown Montreal.

At least a hundred people were watching. No one came to help.

Skuda
Oct 10, 2004, 08:39 AM
people really need to wise up.

practise what you preach, cuz I swear, atleast 80% of those people would have said to do something.

Tycho
Oct 10, 2004, 09:10 AM
*Gives sympathy and chocolate cakes*
Sorry to hear that. People suck. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif
I hope your knees and hands would hurt a bit less by now.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

saleen
Oct 10, 2004, 09:28 AM
i know me and my buds look out for each other....but when i fall down when in school or getting off the bus(kinda like he did)nobody cares....all they want to do is go home and play video games too much(i know how you must felt)

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 11, 2004, 04:02 AM
Ouch!
Scrapes, falls, cuts, bruises, again-OUCH.

A wise person told me before:
"Well you wouldn't know how the good days are without any bad ones right?"

Ok. Sorry I had to say that.

Someone said I'm the most considerate person they know, but this is not about me.

I wish I could have been there to help you. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I offered someone who rode the bus with me if I could help her with her bags. She had at least 4 large grocery bags and had to struggle into the bus. She declined. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I helped an old lady cross the street hand on my arm. A complete stranger of an old lady. This particular experience felt great.

I'm not some crazy boy scout/helper man, but people should DAMN WELL be more considerate.
What if they had fallen and been cut and hands and kness?! How would they feel?!

Good deeds are rewarded.

Jehosaphaty
Oct 11, 2004, 11:58 AM
like this already hasnt been implied, but...we live in a selfish society where people are more concerned with their needs/business than the obvious help someone could use. not to be all ranting on society, but for the large part it does seem to be the truth--people just dont care if its not them. by the way, hope u feel better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jehosaphaty on 2004-10-11 09:59 ]</font>

Para
Nov 12, 2004, 07:07 PM
heh when i wiped out on my bike with bleeding hands, busted hip and knee, people were all over me and trying to help me... makes things alot better. so i know the feeling...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 14, 2004, 09:18 AM
On 2004-11-12 16:07, Nites wrote:
heh when i wiped out on my bike with bleeding hands, busted hip and knee, people were all over me and trying to help me... makes things alot better. so i know the feeling...

No you don't! Because you WERE Helped!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

*Totally unrelated note, is this the first instance of monthly bumps being allowed, ... ever?
Hehe.
With good reason though.

A related note, a little over a year ago an entire neighborhood helped me up and whatnot when I was knocked unconcious by a blow to the head by a basketball-hoop-pole. I blacked out, major pain. Was a better feeling to see such support around me compared to the previous time I had been knocked unconcious with way less help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2004-11-14 06:19 ]</font>