PDA

View Full Version : PSO Movie, just cause I can ^o^

PJ
Oct 11, 2004, 01:33 PM
Mwahaha. I decided I want to make some videos since I found out my digital camera has one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif So I decided to make some videos.

Not tutorials, like JF, but just... for fun ^o^

And I didn't know it had a microphone thing either, so that means not only can I make videos, I can... do funny stuff too. Although this first one isn't meant to be funny because as I said, I didn't even know it had a microphone... XD

I didn't realise I sounded so dorky ._. (http://home.graffiti.net/s_chao:graffiti.net/PSOMovies/PSO1.zip)

And I also like how it's such bad quality http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

...And I need a better place to host it ._. I've past quota.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2004-10-11 11:59 ]</font>

Bradicus
Oct 11, 2004, 04:40 PM
You'd damn well better get a new host. Your dorkiness might make me feel better about myself.

Mowse
Nov 13, 2004, 03:01 AM
Heh, I remember you sending me those PJ. ^_^

I was suddenly stricken with an idea!
When you get back online, you should make a movie starring you and your friends and film it! just cut/edit parts that are wrong and such... and it could maybe even almost have a plot!

Of course, most of the movie would be best done in the lobby, since you can do lobby animations!

>_>; I get the feeling that someone is going to read this and say "that idea is so ridiculous"...

Its 2 AM and I'm drunk on tea, gimmie a break. x_x

Solstis
Nov 13, 2004, 04:31 AM
Once I figure out where that went, I'll view/listen to it.

RicoRoyal
Nov 13, 2004, 11:30 AM
Buaha! You got your ass handed to you by that Gee. Seriously though, when are you coming back online?

PrinceBrightstar
Nov 14, 2004, 12:46 AM
Ok pal, what you need is a capture card. Webcam/MiniDV just doesn't cut it. Let me try to give you a better idea of how I capture things

Gamecube (Episodes I-III -> Svideo/LR Audio -> ATI all in wonder capture breakout box.

Laptop (blue burst / older games) -> XGA cable -> Scan Converter -> Svideo -> ATI all in wonder capture breakout box

A scan converter is a device that allows you to convert a RGB signal from a computer into a format that can be used on a TV. google for an idea of how it works.

RicoRoyal
Nov 14, 2004, 12:53 AM
On 2004-11-13 21:46, Jonathan_F wrote:
Ok pal, what you need is a capture card. Webcam/MiniDV just doesn't cut it. Let me try to give you a better idea of how I capture things

Gamecube (Episodes I-III -> Svideo/LR Audio -> ATI all in wonder capture breakout box.

Laptop (blue burst / older games) -> XGA cable -> Scan Converter -> Svideo -> ATI all in wonder capture breakout box

A scan converter is a device that allows you to convert a RGB signal from a computer into a format that can be used on a TV. google for an idea of how it works.

All I could make of that was "$$$" http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/ricoroyal/ghostwacko.gif

PJ
Nov 14, 2004, 01:51 AM
On 2004-11-13 21:53, RicoRoyal wrote:

On 2004-11-13 21:46, Jonathan_F wrote:

All I could make of that was "$$$" http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/ricoroyal/ghostwacko.gif

And all I could make out of it is that I need money for the crossover cable now, not some stuff that I want, but can't get =D

Besides Mowse, Gaz has some of this stuff. We're planning on making some movies in the Tower ^-^

Mowse
Nov 14, 2004, 02:33 AM
Personally, Ive wanted a capture card for SO long so that I can take higher-resolution screenshots from PSO...

Do you know where I could find one of these devices?

anwserman
Nov 14, 2004, 02:35 AM
I'd just get an All-In-Wonder card from ATI.
If you don't do much gaming, go for an older model. My Radeon 9000 All-In-Wonder is perfect for me! =D

RicoRoyal
Nov 14, 2004, 02:43 AM
On 2004-11-13 23:33, Mowse wrote:
Personally, Ive wanted a capture card for SO long so that I can take higher-resolution screenshots from PSO...

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=91417&forum=11&14

(sorry, I just couldn't resist... that is just such a humorous thread)

In terms of where, just "google it."

In terms of which, I too would recommend an All-In-Wonder card from ATI. It's nice to see you people have money (I need me some of that).

Mowse
Nov 14, 2004, 03:44 AM
On 2004-11-13 23:43, RicoRoyal wrote:

On 2004-11-13 23:33, Mowse wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=91417&forum=11&14

(sorry, I just couldn't resist... that is just such a humorous thread)

In terms of where, just "google it."

In terms of which, I too would recommend an All-In-Wonder card from ATI. It's nice to see you people have money (I need me some of that).

x_x; d'oh, why didnt I think of that?

I Google nearlyeverything when I have a question. ^_^; Google is a sage! I just figured you guys would know... and since we were on the topic and all... >_>

Wait, who said anything about money? >_>;;... I hope this thingamajig isnt too expensive.... If so, maybe I could just get it for Christmas if I'm lucky. o.o

EphekZ
Nov 15, 2004, 09:16 PM
WHY CANT I SEE ANYTHING!

Blitzkommando
Nov 15, 2004, 09:53 PM
Ah, yes, ATI All-In-Wonder is good. Though there is a stand-alone PCI card that is just capture, not a video card and that retails around $100US. Keep in mind though that an AIW card is the best overall. I have the AIW 9800 Pro, chose that for gaming and for capture (Plays Doom3 beautifully in High Quality). But if you do not play PC games much, and are not really into high media, an older model will do quite well. This is my second AIW card, and 3rd model I have used. Started with a 32MB AIW 128 Rage Pro (Not WinXP/2000/ME compatable FYI), went to the AIW 7500 Pro (64MB and compatable with Win98 or better), and have the current. If you want to wait, and have $400+US, get the X800 AIW when it is released. But if you are on a low budget, a 7500 AIW is pretty easy to find, and is generally cheap, $60+US. No matter what your choice, should someone take this advice, DO NOT get the Hauppage USB TV. I got one for the laptop for trips and the resolution is painful to look at, the color adjustment is horrible, and it lags in video really bad. That and the fact it is more expensive than a 7500 AIW.