PDA

View Full Version : Six rants, added one more.

TheOneHero
Nov 12, 2004, 10:26 AM
Rant Number One : Oh ya, you are the best neighbor...

Before I left Fort Wayne Indiana, I had to mow the back lawn and get it ready for winter. The key to having a good lawn is to cut the grass rather short before winter and pickup all sticks/mushrooms/leafs/ etc. etc. And so, that is what I did. I bagged the lawn, having to empty the mower about every 2 minutes; and our lawn being so huge, it took me about three hours just do to the back. When I am finished, I gaze out from my house drinking a nice cup of cocco, having freezed myself outside working only stopping to relieve myself or grab a swift drink of water.

The lawn is cut, everything picked off of it, it's noon and the sky is clear. I am pleased with myself in having done one of the best works on our lawn ever. However, a not so sweet noise drifts into my ears. The starting of a motor, and then the rev of a leaf blower.

My neighbor thinks it's fun to blow leaves into other peoples yards after they had aclompshished three hours worth of work/sweat and blood.

Filled with grief and anger I set out and mow the lawn again, catching all the leafs and picking up excess leaf bits when the bag was too full. I slave two hours making to lawn as perfect as it was before. I grab another cup of cocco and look out on my work again. Then, the noise of the leaf blower of my other neighbors makes its way into my head.

Not wanting to mow the lawn again, I stand out on the deck and stare straight at my neighbor; catching my eye, the blow the leafs into a pile and then rake them into bags later.

Rant Number Two : You are the worst lifeguard...evar

Before moving, I thought it would be fun to head for the YMCA with a few friends as one last get together. We arrive and preceed to the pool after some work in the gym and running at the track. Entering to the pool we engage in some water volley ball; near halfway through we hear someone yell and a big splash is heard. Screams come next and cries of, "Help! I can't swim!" Fill the pool area, the lifeguard blows his whistle at a young boy waving his arms in the deep end; barely able to stay afloat.

"No playing around!" He yelled and resumed his reading of a magazine.

A few people, myself included swim for the kid to save him. I hear adults run and hear the whistle again saying, "No running!" This is promply ignored the feet running belong to a few adults that jump in and reach the kid before I and a few other people do. They pull him out of the pool and make sure he is still breathing, luckily he is and medical actions did not have to be preformed.

The lifeguard climbs down his tower and starts to yell at the near drowning child and the people that went to save him. The manager comes out and is told the story, the lifeguard fired on the spot.

Rant Number Three : Welcome to Michigan boys and girls.

Michigan: I'm guessing a good place to live, however in my part. It really isn't all that fun. School filled with so much hookers/stoners/druggies/n00bs/ass teachers/ and just plain out fucknuts. I left, I am now homeschooled, and to Bedford High, this is for you: (t-_-t)

The sub-division I live in, is generally very nice, except for one thing. The power goes out quite frequently. I am terrified to play the NES RPG's, in fear of loosing everything. I and scared to play PSO, in fear of corruption now, and loosing hard earned experience and items. Sure, we are buying a generator like most of the families here. But honestly, that doesn't truly solve loosing everything in not just games, but also in 'LoA' and my writings. (Side note* I was asked to attend a second grade class and tell the children about writing, and I have Sagasu and Mr. Rubbish to thank for all their skills and talents.)

And so, I am going to try and rally together some people in hopes of protesting or so, to try and get the city to fix the power problem here.

Rant Number Four : You dam bastards better as hell give me my credits.

When I attended Carroll High in Fort Wayne, we had modified block. Two days of the week classes would be longer, almost doubled in time. I personally liked modified block, I found it...relaxing. Because of this, I earned extra credits, when only at the schools here I was only supposed to earn about six or so credits a year. While at Carroll, I had earned close to about 17 in freshmen year, needing only 22 to graduate here in Michigan. Which means my good friends, I could graduate end of sophmore year or halfway through junior year.

For those that remembered a few other of my rants about Carroll High, you will remember, I had an illness 2nd semiester of my freshmen year. I was out of school nearly the entire time. I was given assigments to do and did them. I did not fall behind, and always had high grades. However, things were misplaced, and hours and hours of papers/projects/tests were misplaced; my grades dropped because a few teachers didn't feel to keep track of the work, office attendants didn't hand the teachers all of my work like our agreement was: me being too sick to walk around visiting classrooms and fighting hordes of pissed students.

I lost two credits because of that, dropping me down to 15. Though, the school didn't like me. For things myself and a close friend found out about them as well as one of my four older brothers had a sickness there when he attended as a senoir. He missed more school than I and worked harder and faster than myself. He made the Dean's List in his first few months there, and is now at the top of his class in medical school. The staff didn't like my brother, and denied him the things he had earned. My mother had to go to state education system and file a complaint.

And now it must be done again. For now, the school is denying me 13 of my credits. Things are being erased, the school is robbing me of my work. They changed my grades, and removed my credits. Because of this, I might have to take another year of high school if we can't get my credits back. To you Carroll High, I give thee, a gift. (t-_-t)

Rant Number Five : Oh awesome...I really like being fired.

So I was fired from my job at the Haunted Castle back in good ol' Fort Wayne. Just having a few nights left to work, I wanted to go out with a bang; and so I did. I was working in the Black Forest this night, near the middle where the spotlight/lights from houses couldn't penetrate my part of the darkness. I prepared myself for the best act I ever did. Usually I don't get my throat ready before-hand so it's not till about thirty minutes of screaming am I ready to pull some stuff. However this time, I had warmed up ealier so I was by far ready for the first group of customers.

They came walking around the path talking together as if this place wasn't scary, (and they were right). I quickly ran across the path to the other end and hid myself. They had stopped and asked eachother what that was. After some time they continued on, I ran behind them rattling my breath and hid again. They all turned around scared, a few of the girls squealed, they didn't see me.

I jumped on the path up ahead and stood there patiently letting my enviroment do the work for me. The fogd rolling across the ground, the wind whistling through the trees and whipping my cloak about. The group slowly turned around and gasped when they saw me standing there. They called to me and said they almost scared them, I ignored them and continued to stand still. The moon was covered soon and a large amount of fog blew by; I took this chance to move silently, but quickly away.

Good for me the customers didn't see me yet again; bad for them. I let them continue on, knowing that something was hunting them. I occasionaly walked as close as I could to them rattling my breath. I knew it was time to finish them off when a girl couldn't take it any longer and screamed, I let off my screech that I had become famous for; grabbing my staff and I ran for them shrieking. All of the group screamed, the guys ran and left the girls there, tripping over them as they did so. A few of the girls ran soon afterward leaving one behind, whom dropped to the ground and started to back away from me. She called to me saying, "No please! Please!" She raised her hand as I raised my staff rattling my breath again. She started to cry, I actually felt bad for her, and walked away.

This had spread like wildfire, the tale of the group that had survived some demon. I laughed at the theories everyone was having about this and found it very amusing. I prepared myself and started new acts instantly for the nights worth of people. About halfway through my work hours, nearly everyone that was at the Haunted Castle, had only come to my area of work just to be scared by me. I saw faces of people that had gone through: three, four, and even five times. This meant big money for work, for the prices of tickets are like eight dollars a piece, and 16 for all three events.

I later heard from a security officer that the Pharoah's Revenge and Haunted Caslte had almost no customers at all. And that the line for the Black Forest was the biggest he had ever seen it. He was right, so many customers were going through I couldn't pick them off so easily, I reported that they needed to send them in every 2-3 minutes instead of every 1 minute.

To fast forward some, I went and signed out of the office, and just as I was leaving I heard someone call from behind me. It was the manager and she was pissed, she told me I did a good job and had made them a lot of money but that she had told me to, "Do my job, just not so well." I was fired. I was angry but knew I had done my work, I am sure now that they will see a loss of customers when people find out they won't be seeing me again.

Rant Number Six : I can't wait to move out.

Ok, I'm really getting sick of living at home, and putting up with all this shit. I get yelled at for doing something that never happened/I didn't do. I work at home, help around the house, and have 2 jobs.

I'm sick of being interupted from something every 15 minutes to listen to some stupid shit. It pisses me off, and if I'm talking/playing with people online or talking on the phone; it pisses them off too.

I haven't played a good full hour of games in the past three days. Though still, when I sit down to relax I get bitched at for playing to much.

I tell you, when I turn 18, I am out of the house. I lust for it now more than ever; some of my friends I haven't been able to talk to for months, and when I get the chance, "Jason! Come here!" Wtf...I'm away for like 30 minutes and when I get back, BOOM friend is offline.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2004-11-13 15:05 ]</font>

Mystil
Nov 14, 2004, 01:29 PM
I'd like to comment on rant #6, since I totally relate to it. When you get 18, I hope you DO it. Right now, strive/work very hard and save as much money as you can. Don't end up getting 'trapped' in a world of parental despire like I have. At 18 I could not leave. I'm 22 now, and I'm stuck with my mother foever.

It is a stagnant life. You'll never have any true freedom, and you'll be struggling to express yourself without some older idiot coming down on you about in negative light. If you are serious about moving out, take every step to make it happen.

Sagasu
Nov 14, 2004, 01:48 PM
ke ke ke..

The world is fucked up, no?

My advice to you: learn to bide. Your going to be doing a lot of waiting in your life.

TheOneHero
Nov 16, 2004, 03:03 PM
On 2004-11-14 10:48, Sagasu wrote:
ke ke ke..

The world is fucked up, no?

My advice to you: learn to bide. Your going to be doing a lot of waiting in your life.

Yes, world is terribly fucked up. Also I shall take your adivce to heart.

@Sil, that really sucks for you. X.x And I am doing what it takes to move out; saving everything I can, finding a realiable job, etc. etc.