PDA

View Full Version : world self-destruction

Skuda
Nov 14, 2004, 08:21 PM
I got thinking last friday. I was at work, and had just gone on break with my girlfriend. we were sitting there just talking, and another co-worker and his "gang" walked in and sat down with us.

this co-worker has been around me, and I him. he knows I'm like joking around about stuff, and I knows he does drugs. well, i have my choices and he has his.

he looked at me, so I looked back and gave him a weird look and tilted my neck as it cracked. I had those big wide-open zombie kind of eyes going.

apparently we were having a staring contest.

so, to break his concentration, I went from my dead look, to the swooning girl look and said "your eyes are so dreamy."

Just as I thought, he got a little scared and broke. my girlfriend started to laugh, and my co-worker smirked. sadly, one of his drug-bearing friends said in a fairly agressive voice "Okay, do you want me to puch you out now or later?"

I went from a happy goofy expression to a very perterbed one(note I use a wide variety of facial expressions).

they left after producing a bag of weed from a pocket, and said they wanted to go have a smoke and after talking about going to kill someone.

So I'm thinking, What the heck was up with that guy?

and this gets me onto my actual rant.

I am angry people go drinking just to get drunk

I am angry that people are wasting their money on illegal substances

I am angry people can't control their pie holes sometimes

and I am very angry with how we, as a Human race are most likely going to smash ourselves further and further into the ground with our stupid decisions and actions.

if only our world couldn't be full of people such as Atticus Finch instead of the aggressors that control our world.

"Monsters arn't born, they're made."

Solstis
Nov 14, 2004, 10:09 PM
I'd rather spend my money on cds and coffee than a kilo of pot (yes, I know).

I know quite a few people that go out to get drunk, coming back without even knowing what went on.

Is that really fun? Is that really worth it?

I think not.

Uncle_bob
Nov 14, 2004, 10:41 PM
Scott, people are stupid, and until the human race goes extinct or they're somehow removed from the genepool, it'll always be that way. :<

ABDUR101
Nov 14, 2004, 11:43 PM
Yeah, I wish everyone would just die too.

Make your christmas wish a nuclear holocaust! =D

"Wow, snow in Texas?"

"Nope, nuclear winter."

*someone makes an ash angel*

*everyone dies*

...Woohoo!

Solstis
Nov 14, 2004, 11:46 PM
On 2004-11-14 20:43, ABDUR101 wrote:
Yeah, I wish everyone would just die too.

Make your christmas wish a nuclear holocaust! =D

"Wow, snow in Texas?"

"Nope, nuclear winter."

*someone makes an ash angel*

*everyone dies*

...Woohoo!

But note the ash angel.

That is happiness, no?

Not to mention, that if you were to kill all the stupid people, and since stupidity is subjective...

geewj
Nov 15, 2004, 02:05 AM
"I am angry people go drinking just to get drunk"

Very few people go drinking so they can feel sick and puke. Getting drunk means a lot of different things and can be done for a lot of different reasons. This image so many people have of drunk = destructive is far from the whole story. If you want to complain about people being destructive or irresponsible, then yeah, that's fine. But it's not "getting drunks" fault. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

"I am angry that people are wasting their money on illegal substances"

It's thier money, and it's how they want to spend it. What makes the use of your money any more productive? You buy a video game or art supplies because it's your hobby, it's what you enjoy doing. They spend money on what they enjoy doing. Now, I'll give you the "it being illegal" part of the argument, but even still, I hope you follow the law perfectly if you're gonna nit pick other people for it. Keep in mind things like speeding and what not. If it says 55's the speed limit then 56 mph is against the law. Think you going 56 is harmless and no one will care? Well that's thier argument for marajuana.

Sagasu
Nov 15, 2004, 02:35 AM
On 2004-11-14 23:05, Prof_Frink wrote:

Very few people go drinking so they can feel sick and puke. Getting drunk means a lot of different things and can be done for a lot of different reasons. This image so many people have of drunk = destructive is far from the whole story. If you want to complain about people being destructive or irresponsible, then yeah, that's fine. But it's not "getting drunks" fault. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

ha. ha ha.

People usually dont intend to get drunk. Most people, myself included, like the feel of the light buzz.

Their life, their choices, just like our good man frink here said. If you protest against those who smoke and drink, I will protest against pie. Smoke and drink long enough and you can die, right? Well, eat pie long enough an achieve the same effects.

Anyway, yeah people fuck themselves over in more ways then they can imagine every day. Thats life.

Guile
Nov 15, 2004, 03:24 AM
I got to say if someone ever said the words:
"Okay, do you want me to punch you out now or later?"

I just don't know what I would do........

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 15, 2004, 05:43 AM
I don't believe that the said "agressor" is in control of "your world".

It may have been a side effect of the drugs being used recently or just that person's personality traits to defend his friend's honor when none such behavior was really needed. He should have just taken the joke in stride and not be so bothered by it. You two are co-workers and this stuff happens. They did invade your personal space and time when they sat down with you then, by what you wrote.

You should avoid these people if they are becoming a nuisance. If you think that his using drugs and hanging around a bad "gang" or group of people will be his demise, then let it take its course. No need for unneccessary action or recourse.

People do not change much for others, but it is widely accepted that drugs do change people. It is a different lifestyle than you are currently living so just accept it as such. Don't be too quick to judge or pass down personal beliefs if they are not needed.

-Heh. I do not support the using of drugs/illegal substances. You can file me under "against" them. I just have to accept it for what it is and chose to not be a part of that lifestyle choice.-

Solstis
Nov 15, 2004, 10:21 AM
On 2004-11-14 23:35, Sagasu wrote:

On 2004-11-14 23:05, Prof_Frink wrote:

ha. ha ha.

People usually dont intend to get drunk. Most people, myself included, like the feel of the light buzz.

You obviously aren't counting college students. I used to think that getting wasted so that you could forget "screwing the fat chick" was just a joke.

How wrong I was.

IamBob
Nov 16, 2004, 09:22 AM
check out this, if you wanna see a lot of dumbfucks wrecking our world

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/endofworld.html