PDA

View Full Version : It's just curtains!

navci
Nov 16, 2004, 01:16 AM
I walked home tonight and as I looked up the building, the familiar nice yellow curtain was gone from my apartment. That was weird because I come to have a habit to look up, find my yellow curtained window and say, Ah, home.

During the time that I was in the elevator I was actually thinking the possibilities of, has my brother been kicked out? What is going on?!

Turns out what happened was:
The building owner drove by and was very upset to see a set of yellow curtains hanging among all the white curtains. So they took down my yellow curtains and put up the white transperant useless piece of shit they call a curtain.

I wouldn't be as pissed as I am right now if:

1. They state in their rental agreement that I am not allowed my own curtains. If they can point it out to me where it says that, I will shut up and deal with it.

2. The reason they said was "She is now just hanging her own curtains, next she would paint the walls!"
No. Hanging curtains and painting walls are two differnet things. Painting the wall is clearly prohibited from the rental agreement. Hanging my own curtains, is not.

3. When I moved in, the curtains in the window was broken, and they didn't replace it for over 2 weeks. That was when I decided I need my own curtain. Also those curtains were so practically useless because they can barely block out light. And I have to sleep facing the window, I remember the frustration that I had to put up with being not able to sleep the moment the sun comes up.

4. Basically I havn't been very happy with this apartment. It was freaking dirty, with flies, like greasy floors and shit that we can't even able to take it out now. Fridge that leaks, all sorts of problems here and there. It is just that little spark that is setting me off you know?

Well. I am going to go in and complain about it tomorrow. The reason I didn't do it tonight is because right now I am just jumping up and down angry about my pretty yellow curtains got taken down.

Being the push over that I am, I will prolly have to deal with this and come up with some creative ideas that I am going to come up with to ensure I get sleep.

Fuck. I hate myself too.

Solstis
Nov 16, 2004, 01:18 AM
No self-hate navi!

I'm sure this will all get sorted out... stop overthinking things so much... but then again, that's often the only way to fix things.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 16, 2004, 06:00 AM
On 2004-11-15 22:16, navinator wrote:

Being the push over that I am, I will prolly have to deal with this and come up with some creative ideas that I am going to come up with to ensure I get sleep.

Fuck. I hate myself too.

Ouch. Times 2.

You are NOT a push over! You are taking action and not procrastinating!

You DON'T hate yourself more than I hate myself, so there! It isn't possible! There are reasons for life to continue, even if they aren't easily seen on a daily basis. You have a purpose! Wow I'm rambling again. Sorry.
Whew. I should take my own advice sometime. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif Or at least keep it to myself.

Daikarin
Nov 16, 2004, 09:38 AM
"She is now just hanging her own curtains, next she would paint the walls!"

"And next, she will begin to place her own furniture! And then, she will place flowers on any corner of the house she feels like! And next, she will place her own carpets!

And next, she will hear her own music, cook her own pre-selected meals, inside the apartment, and choose which clothes to place on the drawers!!!!!11

And then, ultimately, AW NOES, OMG WTF BBQ, she will change the inside of her own apartment according to her own personal tastes!!!1111

What if everyone follows this bad example!? What if everyone decorates the interior of the house they paid for in their own fashion!?!?!?1'1'1' AW NOES x100!!!!111

Quick, we must file a lawsuit against personal freedom inside the law limits!"

Scejntjynahl
Nov 16, 2004, 12:41 PM
Navi, if you happen to have a copy of that contract it would be to your advantage to look it over and see what the hell they are talking about. Like Even Jin pointed out, its absurd the claims they are making. And primarily you have not damaged their precious living quarters, they are been irrational. Unless it was specifically covered in the contract you can put black curtains with puke stains and they cant say shit about it.

Skuda
Nov 16, 2004, 02:17 PM
you know navi, I'm not sure about B.C, but I'm pretty sure it is against the act for a landlord to go into your appartment without your concent. It is in alberta, and if things are the same, he/she could be in a heap of trouble.

reaserch this and if it is true, leave them a little note on their door. Yellow curtain for Navi! ( I like yellow..)

navci
Nov 16, 2004, 03:53 PM
On 2004-11-16 11:17, Scott_Kuda wrote:
you know navi, I'm not sure about B.C, but I'm pretty sure it is against the act for a landlord to go into your appartment without your concent. It is in alberta, and if things are the same, he/she could be in a heap of trouble.

reaserch this and if it is true, leave them a little note on their door. Yellow curtain for Navi! ( I like yellow..)

My brother was there when they change the curtains, so it wasn't without consent.

And, ya, I would look into my rental agreement if I know where it is! :/

navci
Nov 16, 2004, 06:28 PM
Update:

I talked to the managers.
And they say you can hang whatever the shit you want, but it has to be white on the outside. I spoke of the problems of what it has, she said "The living room is supposed to be a living room" which I replied "it is the same in the bedroom." Basically she just told me to hang my curtains on the inside.

I am gonna dig up that rental agreement and find out those lines and file a complaint about this because it just doesn't make any fucking sense. As soon as I am done thinking where my rental agreement is.

Mixfortune
Nov 17, 2004, 03:13 AM
It does seem to make a bit more sense when they specify that it's more for how the outside looks, in order to keep it a bit more uniform in general as people walk by. I'm sure there must be a way to keep them off your back about it while still doing what you need to do.

And, didn't someone have silver curtains? Whatever happened to those? :/

navci
Nov 17, 2004, 03:36 AM
On 2004-11-17 00:13, Mixfortune wrote:

And, didn't someone have silver curtains? Whatever happened to those? :/

They still have silver curtains. :/

Daikarin
Nov 17, 2004, 07:42 AM
On 2004-11-16 15:28, navinator wrote:
I am gonna dig up that rental agreement and find out those lines and file a complaint about this because it just doesn't make any fucking sense. As soon as I am done thinking where my rental agreement is.

You do that, I think you're legally right in this case.

Then again, I'm null when it comes to law affairs. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif