PDA

View Full Version : Stop. Fucking. With. The. Computer.

TheOneHero
Nov 16, 2004, 08:10 PM
Really, I am fucking sick of it. We've had one computer for about 7 years, and it's been running pretty good. Until about a year ago.

My sister, my mom and dad. Don't know what the fuck they are doing when they get onto the computer. They click on everything, they delete shit that we need saying, "I thought it made the computer run slower."

We get pop-ups all the time, "OO! My computer is infected with spy ware! I must click to save me!" No.

So that computer has gone to trash, it's a piece of shit now, freezes on you almost 24/7 and is so fucking slow.

Now, we have moved, and are currently using the computer I use for my things. Note* It is not my computer, but from the way I use it; it could be.

This computer is our second best one. It's about 1 year old and has never froze on me, never fucked with me. It's perfect. However now that it's the only computer we currently have hooked up to the internet, and my parents and sister "need" to use it all the fucking time.

They have done terrible things, "Ya, that AOL Messenger crashes the computer all the time. " DELETE! "Inernet Explorer...we use this to access the internet. So it makes it go slow." DELETE! No. They even fucking delete IE. We didn't have another Web browser so when they couldn't check their email, I was blamed and forced to fucking find it.

Good thing for me my brother was on AIM so he fixed it up nice and quick.

"OO COOL! All I have to say is America is good and we win a vacation!" No. Stop clicking on pop-ups, don't open up your fucking emails that contain the virus, "But it's from my friend!" No, it's that fucking virus, learn to virus check your shit. Learn to stop fucking with the dam computer. Assholes.

This computer is officialy crap now. Runs slow, freezes occasionally, pisses me off and gets me yelled at saying It's my fault. No. Just shut the fuck up, and learn what the hell you are doing. Don't know? Then you can just:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/Shurikane/google.jpg Thanks Shuri

I need to buy my own computer.

Nai_Calus
Nov 16, 2004, 08:36 PM
Parental/sibling stupidity aside, you phail just for using IE.

Download Firefox. Use it. Love it. Delete the shortcuts to IE. Give your parents/siblings their own accounts, and then rape their permissions so they CAN'T delete shit. Run AdAware, run SpyBot, run a virus scan, clean out the shit. Reformat and reinstall if you need to.

Sit your damned family down and instruct them on how not to be a bunch of asstastic lametards, too. Tattoo it on the back of their eyelids if it'll help.

Eihwaz
Nov 16, 2004, 09:38 PM
Yeah, my sister is a retard too. She frequently plays with the damned pop-ups. *sigh*

And yes, get Firefox, it is vastly and completely superior to IE.

TheOneHero
Nov 17, 2004, 11:43 AM
Ian...I wub firefox. ^_^ In the process of doing everything you said.

anwserman
Nov 17, 2004, 05:22 PM
You know what you should do... is be honest with them. Next time they decide to bitch at you, say it is their lack of knowledge and their tendency to click on everything that causes the computer to crash.

Then, if they say that if you're the one who is on it the most so you must be to blame, just simply state, "I don't think spending a lot of time on the computer is screwing it up. Improper use by you, mom/dad/sister, etc. is the real reason."

If they decide to get all bitchy about it, simply say that the computer worked fine before those three started doing stuff on it. And worse comes to worse, format the sucker and they wonder what happened to everything, tell 'em you had to because they degenerated it into a worthless piece of shit.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 18, 2004, 05:23 AM
I know what you mean.
My lil brothers have a comp of their own now, and it officially sucks worse than a horse going pee. Bad analogy but one I remember off the top of my head. Heh.

Pop ups galore, BS error messages, no antivirus software, P2P file sharing programs which are damning the thing with all the spyware/adware, not being able to shut down via start menu prompts, and them leaving it on while they are downloading crap music and sleeping.

I walked into the room to see a screen with about 20 repeated error messages lined up and no way to reboot outside of a hard reset/power off.

One brother is learning while the other isn't. They screwed up my comp all the time while they were using it. Something happened to the crap RAM and it doesn't boot as well as it used to and is slow as hell, since said brother tried to remove and replace/steal all my RAM.

My dad didn't understand Download.com with his lack of PC general knowledge. He was running AOL 5.0 to look at it, got scared away when I explained Adware/Spyware and had exactly what he needed on a boot/install disk that came with his Audio Player. He told me that I had too many windows open on his taskbar when most were prompts to what I had been doing and left them open so I wouldn't have to close them after every task. His user resources musta been sucked dry with Oh My Gawd, 3 open apps!

He also has a Napster icon from 4 years ago still on his desktop. >_< Oh and as Navi knows, I'm still listed under a AOL Parental control setting of Mature teen(16-17 years old limits). WTF. Can't even go to download.com to get antivirus updates/apps, read my e-mail, read journal sites, nothing that I used to be able to do before with no problems.

If you have a good understanding and upkeep of your own or even shared PC then it is hard when people F it all up and don't take any personal responsiblity. Hide important cables(power, mouse, etc.) if it too drastic. I believe I had to once. -_-

Edit: "once" to "one" heh didn't make sense with an extra letter in there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2004-11-18 02:26 ]</font>