PDA

View Full Version : Dysfunctional Families ?! 'Holiday Season'

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 29, 2004, 03:02 AM
My family is pretty terrible. A cross state trip proves this.

Lots of whining/bitching about pointless crap, random screaming, obvious lack of positive communication and no sense of together-ness/bonding crap. I feel I get caught in the middle.

If I speak up to mediate or try my best to help I am shunned away and snapped at. I get caught in the middle of your bitching, I'm sick of it. Obviously I'm trying to help so pay attention to me(for once) push aside your pride and listen. If not, sorry family you are disowned. Buh bye.

The problems in fact are very minor. Mostly food stops and car upkeep. Just agree to disagree. Stop putting everyone down. No one likes a whiner, stop whining. Have as much fun as you can. Don't be so pessimistic.

As others do not have families to spend time with, or are seperated by far distances or other obstructions I should be happy to spend the time I have together with them. It is just hard sometimes. It seems pointless to continue on. We just have to find a way to deal. People don't change exactly how you want them to. People hardly change, period.

Aren't the Holidays great?!

Sagasu
Nov 29, 2004, 04:26 PM
Family car trips can be quite enjoyable if your in the right company.

For this you have my pity. Just think that soon enough you'll be busy as hell in some big corporation struggling to do meaningless tasks so that you can pay the rent and feed, and clothe yourself. ~.^

Or if you already are doing so, then alls the more the discomfort. Then you're just going to have to cope, cope with family, cope with life, shit happens.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sagasu on 2004-11-29 13:31 ]</font>

geewj
Nov 29, 2004, 10:34 PM
They are just people.

You don't have a sacred family bond.

You like them or dislike them just like anyone else for the same reasons as anyone else.

Having a similar genetic make-up doesn't somehow make you best friends.

Now, don't get the wrong idea. I'm not saying down with family. I like my family. But I like different members for different reasons, just like anyone else.

I'm saying I don't see the point in family for the sake of family.