PDA

View Full Version : TheOneHero's Christmas List Guide

TheOneHero
Dec 3, 2004, 02:15 AM
I felt, that with the coming Holidays, and most people not knowing how to: Set up christmas list/get what they want, I would make this guide. It's broken down somewhate depending on how your parents are. If you're a spoiled rotten little punk, don't bother reading anymore. =D

Strict Parents

These parents are like the, "Earn it yourself." If you want a: *said item* Somewhat difficult to get by sometimes, takes a lot of bribing/agreeing with.

Step One:

Don't talk about what you want constantly.
Mention it rarely, and only when parent's are in good mood.
Talk to them, ask them how work was, etc. etc. DO NOT talk to them too much. Work up slowly, it you move in too rapidly they'll think you're up to something.
Do get what you want that you usually have to earn yourself, throw things on your list that they would like to see you have. For me it would be: Books, movies, writing software. I put this stuff down, they might consider getting me something that I have to earn myself.

Don't over crowd your list, keep it short, simple and to the point. Don't make big fancy lists, don't look like you are trying to hard. Let's say, you want a game, here's how you could set up your list:

*said game* (possibly give a direct link to the game at an online store where they could buy it, note - if this is done email the list to your parents. Also, if they don't want to buy online, do your research, find out where the best deals are and make sure you put things like: 10$ cheaper here, etc. etc.)

*said book* (do the same as above, except: no web address for book, but give best deals.)

(type and repeat.)

Always put down, the exact number of *books or whatever* with the exact number of *games or whatever* you want. Usually putting an extra of something you don't want, but could use helps out.

Step Two:

Use good grammer and puncation when making your list. No, "PLEASE!!!! PLEASE! PLEASE! I REAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLYYY!!!! WANT THIS!!!!" That will gurantee you that you won't get that unless. Your parent is the following:

Medium Parents

I use "medium" since these parents, tend to be between strict, and easy going. They want their kids to be happy, but also wants what's best for them. Agreeing with these parents and most things is a good idea.

Same things as what is above, except: I feel you don't have to make a direct link to *said item*, and you don't to have equal amounts of what you want, and what you don't want but could use.

Easy-going Parents

These guys, you reall don't have to work very hard with. Feel free to mention it is what you want a little more, but do so in casual conversation. Help around the house, ask them what's going on and stuff. Make sure you take it slow, never rush anything.

Very Important:

PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES!

Include these for every kind of parent and remember: They want to get in and out quick and this season over with. (generally)

Examples:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/TheOneHero/MP2Echoes.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/TheOneHero/LoZFourSwords.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/TheOneHero/GamecubeController.jpg

Now, this is important. VERY important, on your list include pictures of what you really want, but NOT for things you don't, maybe one or two depending on how much stuff you asked for. But always at least one.

If you want a game: Don't play games so often, cut back just a little.

DO OTHER ACTIVITIES

DO NOT PISS YOUR PARENTS OFF

I know I'm forgetting some things, when I remember they will be added.

LIke this one: It's 2 : 14 in the morning. -_-;

Edit* This does not gurantee that you will get the things you want most, but it does increase the chances a good deal.

Edit* Christmas isn't about presents, so if you don't get what you want, yay.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2004-12-02 23:18 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2004-12-03 05:03 ]</font>

Sagasu
Dec 3, 2004, 02:22 AM
I thought it was going to be funny ;-;

TheOneHero
Dec 3, 2004, 02:22 AM
On 2004-12-02 23:22, Sagasu wrote:
I thought it was going to be funny ;-;

Oh...

>_>

<_<

Solstis
Dec 3, 2004, 02:24 AM
It made me smile.

Does that count for something?

TheOneHero
Dec 3, 2004, 02:24 AM
On 2004-12-02 23:24, Solstis wrote:
It made me smile.

Does that count for something?

Yes. =D

geewj
Dec 3, 2004, 03:43 AM
Christmas is for whimps.

If you want something, go out and buy it yourself, whimp!

Scrub
Dec 3, 2004, 06:51 AM
On 2004-12-03 00:43, Prof_Frink wrote:
Christmas is for whimps.

How dare he celebrate a holiday?!!?!?>=O

TheOneHero
Dec 3, 2004, 08:02 AM
On 2004-12-03 03:51, GreyPhantasm wrote:

On 2004-12-03 00:43, Prof_Frink wrote:
Christmas is for whimps.

How dare he celebrate a holiday?!!?!?>=O

=D

PJ
Dec 3, 2004, 08:04 AM
Yeah, Christmas is already booked up as my birthday! Rawr! >=o

TheOneHero
Dec 3, 2004, 08:04 AM
On 2004-12-03 05:04, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
Yeah, Christmas is already booked up as my birthday! Rawr! >=o

That makes it doubly easy for j00!

>_>

;wacko;