PDA

View Full Version : Too Many RAmarls!

PhotonDrop
Dec 7, 2004, 07:19 PM
Plain and simple, theres just way too many RAmarls running around. Now I can understand if you just like them, but when there are the few people that say they are the best class it goes a bit overboard(don't get me wrong, I have two myself, I just wouldn't give them the credit of being the best class).

It's really lame when I have my few games where one joins, then another, then another and then it's me and three RAmarls, which are equipped with either a Needle, Frozen Shooter, or Yas2 or 9s, ick >P

But then again I'm probably just soured on them because most uber-legit, biased players have decided to get in my face about not using a RAmarl *rolls eyes*

PJ
Dec 7, 2004, 07:55 PM
RAmarls are boring. And they have terrible stat growths.

And I STILL have one.

RicoRoyal
Dec 7, 2004, 09:10 PM
Too many grandmas!

EDIT: HA! I thought I was in FKL. How terribly awesome. Anywho... let's get serious I suppose (muhhh).

I think RAmarls are no better or worse than any other class. Every character has it's ups and downs. I understand what you're saying about people getting in your face about RAmarls. Still, if you go to the right places, at the right times, you're likely to find people like that who support anyone of the other classes in just the same biased manner.

Also, although it does get kind of blech to see most RAmarls with those weapons you listed, the same applies to the other three rangers. If tommorow, everyone stopped using RAmarls and instead used RAcaseals, you can be pretty sure that those people would have the same weapons. I suppose that's up for another rant, as the topic of weapons is not exclusive to RAmarls.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RicoRoyal on 2004-12-07 18:35 ]</font>

navci
Dec 7, 2004, 11:49 PM
That's why we should make more newms.

Zelutos
Dec 8, 2004, 02:13 AM
no way, RAmars pwn RAmarls XD

Daikarin
Dec 8, 2004, 06:40 AM
PD, would you prefer HUmars?

PhotonDrop
Dec 8, 2004, 11:36 AM
On 2004-12-08 03:40, Even_Jin wrote:
PD, would you prefer HUmars?

To be honest the answer is definately yes.

polishedweasel
Dec 8, 2004, 02:12 PM
Ramarl was my main foo. She was like 165 or something... I'd say that they're the best at PVM but for battle situations they suck. Driod battles own anyway.

Eanae
Dec 8, 2004, 05:37 PM
RAmarl is my main. She's my second favorite class over all, and is the only character that after 121 levels i never lost interest in so =

Hrith
Dec 9, 2004, 02:31 PM
You seem more biased than anyone else on the topic, PD.

But then again, I agree that there are too many of them, but simply because they own in any situation.

PhotonDrop
Dec 9, 2004, 02:59 PM
On 2004-12-09 11:31, Kef wrote:

But then again, I agree that there are too many of them, but simply because they own in any situation.

that is to say as soon as the person behind it realises how to actually use them.

And no matter what you say, RAmarls are the same as any other class to me, minus the fact they are overused and boring.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 9, 2004, 03:26 PM
On 2004-12-09 11:59, PhotonDrop wrote:

On 2004-12-09 11:31, Kef wrote:

that is to say as soon as the person behind it realises how to actually use them.

And no matter what you say, RAmarls are the same as any other class to me, minus the fact they are overused and boring.

Exactly.
"Pick your poison and live with it."
RAmarl > all others? Sure why not.
HUmar > all others? Hell no. But some will think that way anyway.

There's always a good and bad. More hassle over less hassle.

If you tire too much of RAmarl and the Ranger weps then do something else. Let the other RAmarls have their fun. Or accept it and go along with it no matter how boring it is and how many times you've done and seen it before.

Edit: PSO is as repetitive as any other game out there so there's no point in stating the obvious: boring and overused. Okay what isn't then? -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2004-12-09 12:29 ]</font>

navci
Dec 9, 2004, 03:35 PM
I dunno.
I tend to think FOmars and HUnew are overused.

Hm. It is all in the matter of perception.

EJ
Dec 10, 2004, 12:58 AM
Hahaha...I know how you feel. When I was onlie and left open games I was the only fomar in the game with three other hucaseals and this was in every game that I made. O.o

The truth is I made a ramarl on BB because I enjoy the class but now seeing so many of them on BB. I'm not enjoying her as much anymore because there are so many -.-.

Guess its time to make my Humar Michael then, hopefully I won't see so many of them on BB. hopefully

Hrith
Dec 10, 2004, 09:18 AM
On 2004-12-09 11:59, PhotonDrop wrote:
Yeah, many people suck with RAmarls, but many people suck at the game anyway >_>
The more a char is popular, the more chance you have to see bad players using it, obviously; hence the HUmar bad reputation.

I agree with navi, I do not go to Vega, so on other ships I know, I see FOmars and HUnewearls the most, then HUmar and RAmar, and only then RAmarl.

I still think RAmarl is the best class, and I have 8 classes to Lv 150ish, and trained the 4 remaining to reasonable levels, too (deleted them, now).

HUnewearl is really fun, and I really love Shione to bits, but she's clearly not the best char out there, I easily accept that, no matter how much I like Shione.

Scejntjynahl
Dec 10, 2004, 11:58 AM
I dont know, true that they may be too many Ramarls, but what gets me its not the number of Ramarls but the fact that they all look preety much the same.... SAME. And that is what I find annoying.

I made one Ramarl for the heck of it, level 117 at the moment. And Im so happy that people have told me I dont look like the rest of the "copy and paste" Ramarls out there. And further more I only taught her Ice tech and support techs so she is limited which forces me to play her differently. Also I dont depend solely on my SQ I like to mix it up and use my new Twin Chackrams....

All in all, if your a good player, it matters not what you use, but a little more creativity and ingenuity would go a long way.

PJ
Dec 10, 2004, 03:58 PM
On 2004-12-10 08:58, Scejntjynahl wrote:
I made one Ramarl for the heck of it, level 117 at the moment. And Im so happy that people have told me I dont look like the rest of the "copy and paste" Ramarls out there. And further more I only taught her Ice tech and support techs so she is limited which forces me to play her differently.

Oddly enough, that sounds like what I wanted for my HUnewearl. I wanted her to have exclusively Fire Techniques (As far as attack techniques go) because her name is Kirin, based off the Mars Djinni summon from Golden Sun (I'm sure there's a background to the same Kirin aswell, I just don't know where).

Anyways, I was also gonna have her equipped with a Cure/Freeze. I might still do that, but the only reason she has all attack techs now is because I let my friend borrow my memory card to level up my characters (I was busy doing something else, I just can't think of what @_@) and he taught her Gizonde T_T

EDIT: Also, I don't really want to get rid of my RAmarl, despite hating them so much. Other than to have the status of a respectable opinion (I was told before that if I didn't get a RAmarl to 100, my opinion wasn't important T_T), I also think my RAmarl looks different than other peoples. Although I haven't been online in a long 10 months, so my knowing of online trends might be a bit off =p

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2004-12-10 13:01 ]</font>

PhotonDrop
Dec 10, 2004, 04:20 PM
On 2004-12-10 12:58, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
(I was told before that if I didn't get a RAmarl to 100, my opinion wasn't important T_T

Who's the asshole who said that? O.o

navci
Dec 10, 2004, 10:12 PM
On 2004-12-10 13:20, PhotonDrop wrote:

On 2004-12-10 12:58, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
(I was told before that if I didn't get a RAmarl to 100, my opinion wasn't important T_T

Who's the asshole who said that? O.o

Quite a few people have.

Myopathy
Dec 13, 2004, 05:57 AM
They're RAmarls, as in rangers. What do you expect them to use? Red Swords? If I was a ranger (Which I was), I would want to use the best weapons available to me. In this case, that would be A Needle of some sort, a Frozen Shooter, and a good mechgun of some sort (In my case, my S-Rank mechs). So it shouldn't be much surprise that they would carry that weapon set. Both legit and non-legit players would choose that weapon set because it's not really hard to get(Whether legit or duped), and it's the best and most useful.

PhotonDrop
Dec 13, 2004, 09:51 AM
On 2004-12-13 02:57, Ezellaur wrote:
They're RAmarls, as in rangers. What do you expect them to use? Red Swords? If I was a ranger (Which I was), I would want to use the best weapons available to me. In this case, that would be A Needle of some sort, a Frozen Shooter, and a good mechgun of some sort (In my case, my S-Rank mechs). So it shouldn't be much surprise that they would carry that weapon set. Both legit and non-legit players would choose that weapon set because it's not really hard to get(Whether legit or duped), and it's the best and most useful.

I still don't need to have my games swarmed by RAmarls, all of which look practically alike and all using Spreads or Shooters...

I never once asked to get no hits on enemies because three RAmarls jumped em with their Spreads.

*is thankful for her Holy Ray*

lain2k3
Dec 13, 2004, 10:37 PM
I think there a few too many marls online now, but It's a helluva lot better than having a swarm of any other class, IMO.

I know that at least Kef and I chnage weapon sets frequently on our marls, so =p. Slicers and MKB's pwn.

Nai_Calus
Dec 13, 2004, 11:18 PM
I'd rather have a plague of competent support FOmarls, myself.

...No I wouldn't, I'd go crazy. I HATE dual FO. T_T And my support instincts don't die. I try to cast S/D when I'm using a RAcast. -_-;

Eh, I've never seen my own RAmarl's twin, but meh. I hate the ones that look like military hos, though. XP

I'm guilty of the S-Rank Needle/Frozen Shooter/Yas9kM combo myself(Made even worse by the fact that the Yas is a dupe, the Needle is a hack and she uses a Red Ring... The FS is legit, though. XP). Though I do get out the MKB I found sometimes. Hard to want to melee with a RA without a decent Partisan. >_<; I guess I could try for a Hit % Charge Berdys. XP

But yeah.

And at least it's not a bunch of min height, spiky-haird, short-robed Mechgun FOmars. XP *only person in the entire universe with a non-hideous, proper melee support whore FOmar*

joluh
Dec 14, 2004, 12:02 AM
Thank god I love FOnewms :3

I tryied a RAmarl a while ago and I can only say: yuck, however, their clothes and stuff are nicely done.

Solstis
Dec 14, 2004, 12:29 AM
On 2004-12-13 21:02, joluh wrote:
Thank god I love FOnewms :3

I tryied a RAmarl a while ago and I can only say: yuck, however, their clothes and stuff are nicely done.

NEWMS! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RAmarls have... interesting animations? Eh... and... nice hats.

Nai_Calus
Dec 14, 2004, 01:47 AM
On 2004-12-13 21:29, Solstis wrote:

Yeah, those 'hats' are great. I could stare at those 'hats' all day. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Solstis
Dec 14, 2004, 02:11 AM
On 2004-12-13 22:47, Ian-KunX wrote:

On 2004-12-13 21:29, Solstis wrote:

Yeah, those 'hats' are great. I could stare at those 'hats' all day. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ew... what are you trying to insinuate, Ian?

I would never look at a female that way!

I mean, hats are personal. Only a perv would stare at hats all day.

PJ
Dec 14, 2004, 09:21 AM
On 2004-12-13 20:18, Ian-KunX wrote:
*only person in the entire universe with a non-hideous, proper melee support whore FOmar*

Of course you are, and I'm the only person who has shoes in the world XP

Seriously though, it's not that hard T_T (Although, I'll admit, few people do it. My HUmar is better at supporting then a large chunk of the PSO population >_>)

Hrith
Dec 14, 2004, 02:28 PM
On 2004-12-13 06:51, PhotonDrop wrote:
I never once asked to get no hits on enemies because three RAmarls jumped em with their Spreads.
Doesn't that prove her superiority ?

I just wish people were better at making chars, ugly RAmarls are rampant, but HUnewearls, too, and even FOnewearls !

PhotonDrop
Dec 14, 2004, 03:16 PM
On 2004-12-14 11:28, Kef wrote:

On 2004-12-13 06:51, PhotonDrop wrote:
Doesn't that prove her superiority ?

No. That does not prove any superiority, it was THREE of them not one.

I can take down most enemies in two combo's but all three of them had to shoot the same enemy at the same time.

What makes you think three people are better? Sure, they have that group advantage but if it was just the one RAmarl I'd have been killing a hell of a lot more than the one.

RicoRoyal
Dec 14, 2004, 03:32 PM
On 2004-12-14 12:16, PhotonDrop wrote:
if it was just the one RAmarl I'd have been killing a hell of a lot more than the one.

Yes, and I'm sure that one ramarl would have bitched and moaned about a certain red ring in your equipment list. Stop complaining so much about one character class. Above all, stop complaining about their equipment list, as you aren't exactly the most exp-friendly hunewearl to fight alongside with (like you said, you kill in two combos... go team?). Things die before we can reach them when you're in games too. So I suppose only you, and not a group of three ramarls is allowed to hog the exp? It's almost as if you're jealous you couldn't be the one taking all the experience. So they kicked more collective ass than your one hunewearl. Duh? You can't always be the powerhouse of the team. Boo fucking hoo.

Hrith
Dec 14, 2004, 03:46 PM
Well said, Royal.

On 2004-12-14 12:16, PhotonDrop wrote:
No. That does not prove any superiority, it was THREE of them not one.
Someone cannot admit being wrong...
I can hardly imagine a RAmarl moaning about 3 HUnewearls hogging all the exp, therefore RAmarl > HUnewearl.

And yes, in a team of 4 you can expect to kill roughly 1/3 to 1/4 of the monsters. Duh.

PhotonDrop
Dec 14, 2004, 04:03 PM
This isnt about how much I can kill, or how much EXP i get, morons.

When three people you don't know take over your games you'd be sick of it too.

Someone cannot admit being wrong...

tell me Kef, in all your infinite knowledge, how am I wrong?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhotonDrop on 2004-12-14 13:04 ]</font>

navci
Dec 14, 2004, 04:21 PM
All class sucks. newmz rulez.

Come on people. This is ridiculous.

This is like elementry school.
"My dad is older than your dad!"
"No! My dad is older, he is 12 billion years old!"
"You are a liar!"
"No you're a liar!"

Mud fight.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navinator on 2004-12-14 13:36 ]</font>

Scrub
Dec 14, 2004, 04:26 PM
Three people you dont know take over your game?

If that's your attitude, why play public games at all?o_o The biggest point is to meet new people.

Oh, and here's a tip - whenever a game frustrates you, turn it off for half hour. Then go back and play.

PhotonDrop
Dec 14, 2004, 04:27 PM
Besides Rico, you have no right to complain about me either, the only times we played I was helping you with your Fatsia runs, of course I'm gonna kill things fast, if you didn't want me too I would have gladly not joined you at all >.>

But after cooling off a tad I have these last few things to say.

I never once said HUnewearl was better, if you re read my posts I say that in my opinion no classes are better or worse.

The reason I'm ranting is because I'm tired of having Cereal Box Prize RAmarls taking over my games when I'm just trying to gain the meager EXP I can.

All of this BS was unnessecary, I'm sure you guys would be tired too if any class gang banged your games...

On 2004-12-14 13:26, GreyPhantasm wrote:
Three people you dont know take over your game?

If that's your attitude, why play public games at all?o_o The biggest point is to meet new people.

Oh, and here's a tip - whenever a game frustrates you, turn it off for half hour. Then go back and play.

meeting new people is exactly why I leave my games open... I'm not as interested in soloing Towers or TTF as much as I was.

And I'd gladly take your advice but it never fails to happen everytime I make a game. :(

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhotonDrop on 2004-12-14 13:30 ]</font>

joluh
Dec 14, 2004, 05:11 PM
On 2004-12-14 13:21, navinator wrote:
All class sucks. newmz rulez.

Come on people. This is ridiculous.

This is like elementry school.
"My dad is older than your dad!"
"No! My dad is older, he is 12 billion years old!"
"You are a liar!"
"No you're a liar!"

Mud fight.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navinator on 2004-12-14 13:36 ]</font>

Hahaha XD
Teh Navu is right :3
In all!

((whispers Newms > You))

geewj
Dec 14, 2004, 10:45 PM
Request