PDA

View Full Version : To live forever...

TheOneHero
Dec 12, 2004, 11:57 PM
Would bring a great amount of sorrow. If only you were given the gift of eternal life, you would go on through the ages seeing those you have loved and known disapper to be forgotten by most.

You would be cursed to weather the storms of time, eventually alone. One last soul to live in a dying or dead world and forced to walk to paths of those long gone.

That would deffinately suck.

*Goes and starts working on 'Unholy Earth'.*

Solstis
Dec 13, 2004, 12:03 AM
You could hop in a spaceship and insult everyone in the galaxy.

Zelutos
Dec 13, 2004, 12:23 AM
i wouldn't mind it if i could be immortal with my best frirnd.

Otherwise, it would truely be hell.

Kuea
Dec 13, 2004, 01:15 AM
... >_>

even if you were to live forever it would be impossable to stop your body from ageing.

as such it would slowly get older and older and decompose.

as such, at that point it may be possable to progress into a spirit state as to where you still exist but have no physical form.

Zelutos
Dec 13, 2004, 01:22 AM
and what of the case if you were turned into an immortal being called the vampire? Their body never changes and they life for virtually forever (if they are careful, that is)

geewj
Dec 13, 2004, 01:24 AM
If that were the case, then you'd live in a far off land sheltered from the harsh mistress we call reality where unicorns run free in the fields, and everyone online is a girl.

navci
Dec 13, 2004, 02:20 AM
Living forever~~~~~

Reminds me of the movie "Death becomes her".

Mixfortune
Dec 13, 2004, 02:30 AM
You still feel pain.

Zzzzzz
Dec 13, 2004, 05:51 AM
On 2004-12-12 22:24, Prof_Frink wrote:
If that were the case, then you'd live in a far off land sheltered from the harsh mistress we call reality where unicorns run free in the fields, and everyone online is a girl.

Woah, really?
Wait, are the unicorns pink? ~.^

TheOneHero
Dec 13, 2004, 09:54 AM

Ooo, sounds dreamy.

>_o;

Sagasu
Dec 13, 2004, 11:30 AM
Yep,

I've heard this a lot, by alot, I mean that I've seen countless stories, plots, movies, etc. about it.

good luck.

Solstis
Dec 13, 2004, 11:31 AM
On 2004-12-13 08:30, Sagasu wrote:
Yep,

I've heard this a lot, by alot, I mean that I've seen countless stories, plots, movies, etc. about it.

good luck.

You'll need it.

Sagasu
Dec 13, 2004, 11:44 AM
Luck has nothing to do with it,

or anything.

The only way to succeed is to keep going, if you stop, you immediatley fail. yeah..

Scrub
Dec 13, 2004, 05:08 PM
Everybody always says shit about how they'd get sick of being lonely.

Am I the only one that would actually take Immortality if offered it?o_O

TheOneHero
Dec 13, 2004, 05:22 PM
On 2004-12-13 14:08, GreyPhantasm wrote:
Everybody always says shit about how they'd get sick of being lonely.

Am I the only one that would actually take Immortality if offered it?o_O

You would be utterly alone eventually, after everyone died off. It would take awhile, but is inevitable.

I would love to be immortal myself, the knowledge you could gain and places you get explore would be wonderous. However, why do such things if there is no one to share it with?

Scrub
Dec 13, 2004, 05:32 PM
Because there's the chance that in the afterlife you'd also be alone.=/

Tact
Dec 13, 2004, 05:33 PM
Grey, check those Pms.

Mixfortune
Dec 13, 2004, 05:57 PM
Just because you'd be immortal doesn't mean you'd be healthy or without feeling pain. Let's say you were immortal, and you got a devastating sickness. You could be incapacitated for all eternity, lying in bed unable to do anything, living forever.

Hmm, or say, you outlive the planet, and it explodes or something. Have fun with the searing pain of the vast number of burns over your body accompanied with the various unsavory things the exposure to space will give you. You'll be space debris, perhaps even unconscious, but you'll be alive. Good luck doing anything other than having your perceptions all formed of the sense of pain.

Of course, perhaps by wanting immortality you include a few givens. In which case this wouldn't necessarily apply. Just keep these things in mind if you ever get the chance to get a wish from a magical genie or something...

_Ted_
Dec 13, 2004, 08:05 PM

AH! Does that mean that we would be able to go online!?