PDA

View Full Version : My Housemates

Kizaragu
Dec 14, 2004, 09:26 AM
On paper it seemed a great idea and who can argue with that? Finally moving out of the sticks and into a proper town living with 2 friends of mine.
I'd left the nest and was finally Independant.
It should've been perfect.
Oh how wrong I was.

My housemates are the two most Irritating, Immature, Untidy people I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. What they say is true; Don't live with friends as friendships tend to get broken that way.

They spend all day making lame ass childish jokes at me and literally just drag them on and on and on.
It gets to the point where you think, I can't possibly pretend to laugh any more. It's beginning to hurt. Then when I tell them I'm getting pissed off about it and yell etc... they find it even more amusing and drag it on further. They don't take me seriousely at all. And what's worse is, they know that If I pissed them off in any shape or form, I'd apologise and quit there and then.
I get this constantly and it's depressing to say the least.

They're messy as Hell. I'm like a housewife.
I clean all the dishes, hoover the floor, tidy their mess and they do nothing. At all.

They go in my room, let people stay in my bed when I'm away (Strangers I don't know) plus they fail to ask me. Anything could could be stolen. I'm in the process of fitting a lock on but I'm having trouble with it (Don't ask) but the second that's sorted I'll sleep easier.

It's got to the point where I'm seriousely considering moving back in with my Mum.
The offer's there and day by day I'm getting more and more likely to accept it.
I like my Independance but the guys just do my head in.
I'm not comfortable in my own f**king home and that's not the way it's supposed to be.

It's like living with children and I'm not ready to be a father to them both.

(Sorry if I went on a bit. Just wanted to get it off my chest.)

Deathscythealpha
Dec 14, 2004, 09:35 AM
Erg, I know about shitty housemates. The inconsiderate barstards who only do stuff for themselves. You could just tell them, get real pissed off, but they will more then likly ignore you. I find sly tactics work here best.

Their leaving plates adn their mess everywhere? Leave it in their way (ie, stick it in their bedroom door).

Making horrible jokes about you constantly and wont leave it? Dig up something horrible on them, like somethign embarressingly stupid theyve done. Rub it in and show them what it feels like.

Not really much of a come back on the bedroom front other then fitting the lock like you said, but looks like your on that one.

So just make it so they know youve had enough. Some of it may seem nasty but people should learn that theres other people then themselves to think about at times.

Solstis
Dec 14, 2004, 12:31 PM
Ugh... and I thought I had it bad.

Actually, it would be a more similar experience if I wasn't too lazy to clean up after them all the time.

About half works for me.

Allos
Dec 14, 2004, 07:29 PM
I'd go insane if I lived with my friends. One in particular would send me off to Suicide's door with his constant jibba-jabba and "fun to be around for 2 hours then he gets pissy"-ness.

Outrider
Dec 15, 2004, 12:03 AM
Well, don't have my own stories about bad roomies, but something my brother always did in his house is whenever somebody left their dirty dishes in the sink for too long, the house rules were to put it under their sheets.

Heh.

Deathscythealpha
Dec 15, 2004, 08:07 AM
On 2004-12-14 21:03, Outrider wrote:
Well, don't have my own stories about bad roomies, but something my brother always did in his house is whenever somebody left their dirty dishes in the sink for too long, the house rules were to put it under their sheets.

Heh.

Mwahaha, that is so evil but i bet its so damn effective.

KaFKa
Dec 15, 2004, 11:35 AM
or maybe you could take your time in selecting a roomate. of the three people living in this apartment, im probably the least responsible out of all of us. (although thats not to say im irresponsible.)

you need to choose the people you live with, because if theyre just casual friends, they'll drive you insane.

-_-

navci
Dec 16, 2004, 02:45 AM
Well. At least that isn't your brother and you're not stuck with him.

Scejntjynahl
Dec 16, 2004, 12:14 PM
Leave them behind, severe your ties with them, return to your Mum for a while. And try and find (if possible) someone more mature.

And I have a nagging feeling you selected these roomies because you thought they would be fun to hang with... rule of thumb Kiz, if they are that much "fun" usually runs with immaturity (in the sense everything is a joke to them anyways).

So look for people, friends that you dont consider to much fun, the uptight ones if you will, at least they would be serious about what is going on.

I dont know what else to tell you, but I guess at least you tried and your not to blame, you cant control adults that behave worse than children.

Kizaragu
Dec 17, 2004, 03:20 PM
On 2004-12-16 09:14, Scejntjynahl wrote:
And I have a nagging feeling you selected these roomies because you thought they would be fun to hang with... rule of thumb Kiz, if they are that much "fun" usually runs with immaturity (in the sense everything is a joke to them anyways).

You hit the nail right on the head. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
They're great guys to hang out with (in small doses) but living with them is a completely different kettle of fish.

I was due to go back 'home' tonight and tell the guys I'm thinking about moving back in with my family, but as fate would have it a huge row erupted earlier today bringing home the main reason why I left my family in the first place. The constant petty argueing! *Insert ironic laugh here*
(Arguments of old involve me simply walking into the kitchen. Yes it's that rediculouse)

So now I'm torn between two.
I have no other friends currently looking for a place to rent at the moment and I can't afford to get my own pad. Guess I'll just have to stick with the guys until the oppurtunity arrises.

Could be worse I guess, I could be out living on a park bench. I should just count my blessings.
Doesn't hurt to rant though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif