PDA

View Full Version : Why i hate ragnarok online

InfinityXXX
Dec 18, 2004, 12:15 AM
OK, Ive been playing ragnarok online for about 4 months and i'm startin to hate the retarded mofoic(yes i made up this word)ppl on the game that has driven me away from enjoying it.

1. Noob, Novie
I really hate when people call me and other people noobs or a novie. It relly pisses me off. Do you really have to sit up there and make fun of new players (for no reason) to make yourself feel good? Even though i'm no noob to the game anymore i still hate everytime i play the game as a novice i hear the same crap from Job class lv 2 ppl.

2. Jerk players
Some people need to just get their fingers removed so they cant play this game due to how mean they are. I mean i ask a priest or aco for a heal and its like "OMG GO SIT DOWN AND RECOVER YOUR HP!!" and i'm like its hard recovering 1 hp per minute when you have 3000hp and if you dont like to give heals then why the hell did you pick that class. Another thing i hate is when you ask a question you always get a BS response like "go find out for yourself" geez ppl these days have no manners.

3.Ignorant players
I really hate when people *mostly swordie class and new player mages* sit up there and brag at how much more damage they do to a monster than my assasin and acolyte when if i was to pvp them, their ass would be mine. Then i hate palyers that think they know something but they dont know. Recently i started a novice and me and 6 novices started a party and all of us turned to our first job except for 1 of our team mates. At that time we were all split up and were communicating through party chat. We started to wonder what our novice was doing and we started talking to him through party chat but he never responded. I assume he didn't know how to use party chat so i type in the directions on how to use party chat and he finally talks to us through party chat. He then asks us where Prontera is at(the main city in the game tht every character has been to) and i tell him. At this time it was me him and another character and we were on different maps, the other character is the leader of the party. The novice new player then asks us can me and my fellow team mate put it on even share so he can get some xp. And i KINDLY reply, even share only works if we are on the same map and 1 or 10 lvs apart(which we weren't). He then says No its not, i dont know what im talking about. And i keep saying it want work. He then says i dont know what im talking about and he i say ive been playing this game for 3 months, i think id do and he replies "So, ive been palying this game for 3 years"(which is odd cuz he would've known where pontera was at and how to use party chat) and he then says screw me and leaves our party. And i'm like, that dumb ass sanwhich.

4. Evil Beggers
I realy hate being an assasin cause every damn person and their mama wants sometype of handout. I get "can you buy me a shield, gimme 10k, will you be my friend" and the dreaded, most evil................*drumroll*.................... ........."will you tank me" GAAAAAH i hate that i personally hate tanking and i was tanked only once by my guild master. I also hate the reactions people give me if i dont tank them.
random player "TANK ME PLZZZZZ"
me "no"
Random plyr "WHY NOT!!" (note the caps lock"
me" cause i dont feel like it
then i'll get either one of these 5 responses

"your lazy"
"scruu u"
"OMG i'm reporting"
"****** son of a ****"
"i could so ban you"
God people work for your damn crap, i did. The only reason i was tanked by my guild master was because i had joined that guild with my assasin i havent tanked and i had created a novice and my guild master offered the tank, i didn't beg. In a way i dont mind tanking novices but i hate when grown ass 1st job lv ppl ask for tanks and get an attitude if you dont. Now if you asked for a tank and i said no and walked away w/o some smart@$$ remark i wouldnt care and i'll probably tank you but some of these ppl are so rude.

5. Bots
All botters should burn and rot in hell. I didn't mind the bots that teleported, killed their enemy, teleported, etc. But i hate the ones that walk endlessly and lag everything and then kill steal your monster and take your items.

6.GMS are mean and cruel
To even have the though neverless to do the act of putting ultra high monsters and or cheap monsters in noob areas and in payon caves *cough* Arc angeling is sick and cruel.

7. Some quest just arent worth it
Some of these quest aren't just worth it. Ahem the whole OBB quest, u get all these cyfars that could make you rich but spend them on the OBB and you open the OBB and what do u get a random item but some people like me are cursed and get a weak item like a damn Jelopy thats worth 3z and can get in .2 seconds flat when i could've had like 50 thousand zenny.
Hmm theres some more reasons but i cant think of em but i hate ragnarok but for some very, very odd reason, i can never stay away from playing....damn its funness.

FYI my characters i play as in game are my assasin Sotho X, acolyte *Nirvana* and my merch Te'airras Boo

Sayara
Dec 18, 2004, 12:24 PM
I've done the RO thing, and like all of these problems exist in like all online games...basically. You could always ignore them, or be on like guild talk only or something...I think theres a way to ignore the noobs and tankers and crap. Though i always wonder about the Aco deal... have you ever been "heal plz"ed constantly while playing before? That could explain the rude priests since alot of the time all they ever do is heal and have to deal with the idiots as well.

Scrub
Dec 18, 2004, 12:42 PM
The reason I don't play as an Aco / Priest is because when I did random people would come up and say "BLESSING PLZ" or "AGI ME!!!" or "COME HELP ME KILL MVP!!!!"

It got tiresome and that's why I made my wizard. >_> Everybody leaves me the hell alone except for people I know.

SpikeOtacon
Dec 18, 2004, 10:50 PM
I used to play RO like it was my life support when I had the 30 day Trial. It was me, Sin, and our friend SyComancer all as theives. We always worked together, on occasion breaking up to do personal errands. The fact that we Spoke on Skype constantly (Read: Never disconnected) during gameplay was a huge tactical advantage for us. However, we did not come across any rude players or whatever. In fact, we met some interesting people and caused trouble wherever we went. Like when we were down in the thief HQ, we would sit in the main hallway and just talk about random crap, call people out to come sit with us, and do little shows. All in all, my experience was nothing short of a blast. Alas, the low rates bored me as I tried to level up to an Assassin before my trial died. That, and Sin's obsession with getting the Kitty Band. Most of the stuff we set out to do never got done, but by the 30th day we were ready for a break, and haven't returned since.

So, i'm just guessing that you must have bad luck with MMORPG communities, but then again every MMORPG has its fair share of assholes. You may as well just say you dislike every MMORPG for those exact reasons you hate RO.

KaFKa
Dec 19, 2004, 08:54 AM
all of these reasons above are why i play on a custom server. 3x exp and loot, militant GMs that ban people for ninja looting, and a host of other plusses. aside form the fact that its free... >_>

a fridn of mine dragged me into mobRO, and ive been able to get 2 high characters. 92 g-fist monk and 89 dex wizard (once i get the money for the stat change, that is.)

polishedweasel
Dec 20, 2004, 10:01 AM
I been playing ragnarok for almost 2 years now. I kinda quit the big game though and I bounce around from private server to private server. However as soon as I can get in touch with Shattered, I'm paying for my account and getting back into the game. Quick Draw McGraw has been inactive for too long. 94 hybrid freak hunter. Private servers are kinda weak in my opinion. I'm like, the strongest and best person on every one that I've gone to. =/

Arislan
Dec 20, 2004, 01:17 PM
Err, on the whole GMs are evil thing...

You *sure* it was the GMs that created the high level monstrosies? Sounds to me like someone went on a DB fest, and / or a Hocus Pocus party, and couldn't handle the result. GMs generally summon a couple dozen of the same type of enemy, and usually only in a town, where there is no experience loss.

Skorpius
Dec 20, 2004, 01:40 PM
There was a new patch that fuxered up the spawns in areas. South Pront now has high leveled crap loating about, from what I heard. I sit on "special" servers, with better rates and better people.

InfinityXXX
Dec 20, 2004, 03:34 PM
Well i kinda think its the Gms that summon the dbs cause its usually the same DBs (arc angeling and its gang of monsters) in the same places. Mainly at south exit of prontera.

Link00seven
Dec 20, 2004, 08:51 PM
I quit iRO a long time ago because of that. They want $12/mo for that crap too...sorry, ill play FFXI or Everquest...

KodiaX987
Dec 20, 2004, 08:55 PM
What scares me is that DESPITE the fee, there are still idiots like that on the servers. You'd think the price would've dissuaded them... -_-

Shattered_weasel
Dec 22, 2004, 07:02 PM
I have officially quit the game today. Like polished has said we have been playing for about 2 years and well...it is just boring. It is all point click point click point click and it gets slower and slower.

So now im off to World of Warcraft.

Scrub
Dec 22, 2004, 08:02 PM
On 2004-12-20 17:55, KodiaX987 wrote:
What scares me is that DESPITE the fee, there are still idiots like that on the servers. You'd think the price would've dissuaded them... -_-

A good way to acquire money besides hard work is to be a dick and an asshole to acheive what you want. At least that's what Pa always said.

=P Therefore assholes have the moneys to throw away on an online game.