PDA

View Full Version : Tartarus=God

Shadowpawn
Dec 23, 2004, 06:04 PM
On Legendary.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-12-23 15:19 ]</font>

Scrub
Dec 23, 2004, 06:05 PM
I can't even get passed the first level on Legendary.

But I made Tartarus sauce out of him on the other difficulties. =P

Tact
Dec 23, 2004, 06:05 PM
Tarturus sauce? What's it taste like?

Scrub
Dec 23, 2004, 06:07 PM
CHICKEN! lol

...tasted good until it turned to shit when I saw he was the final boss.=/

Tact
Dec 23, 2004, 06:11 PM
Now, what game is this anyhow?

Zzzzzz
Dec 23, 2004, 06:13 PM
On 2004-12-23 15:11, tactician7777 wrote:

-_-

Shadowpawn
Dec 23, 2004, 06:20 PM
On 2004-12-23 15:11, tactician7777 wrote:

Halo 2.

Kuea
Dec 23, 2004, 06:25 PM
*is stuck at the scareb on legendary*

-.-

Tact
Dec 23, 2004, 06:26 PM
*doesn't have Halo 2, but has friends who play it*

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 24, 2004, 12:07 AM
Actually, Tartarus is roughly equivalent to Hell, as per Greek mythology; in contrast to Elysium, or the Elysian Fields, which more or less equate to Heaven.

Still... I've gotta say... The idea of Tartarus seems a bit more creative than the popular concept of Hell... I mean... Hell is just like... Everyone gets tossed in the Lake of Fire and it's done... Tartarus, on the other hand... Everyone gets their own customized punishment... Like... You have to push a boulder to the top of a hill, and invariably, everytime you almost get it to the top, something goes terribly wrong, and it rolls back down again... Or... You're tied to a tree, up to your chest in water, with a piece of fruit right in front of your face... You're hungry and thirsty... Every time you go to drink, the water receeds, and every time you try to take a bite of fruit, the wind pushes it away... Oh yeah... Creativity, folks!

Outrider
Dec 24, 2004, 03:40 AM
Halo 2?

Oh right, that game that was advertised since the beginning as being on Earth and then didn't take place on it at all which meant we had to repeat the same crap that was boring in the first Halo?

Yeah, thanks Bungie. I'm gonna go play Oni again. Actually, on second thought, I'm not. Take that!

Err... yeah. I was a little disappointed with Halo 2. I'm sure I'll get over it eventually.

Shadowpawn
Dec 24, 2004, 10:59 AM
Finally! I beat that bastard last night...just to make sure he was dead I shot his body a couple of times and planted a grenade on his corpse. You can never be too careful...>_>

Scrub
Dec 24, 2004, 09:54 PM
On 2004-12-23 21:07, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
Actually, Tartarus is roughly equivalent to Hell, as per Greek mythology; in contrast to Elysium, or the Elysian Fields, which more or less equate to Heaven.

Still... I've gotta say... The idea of Tartarus seems a bit more creative than the popular concept of Hell... I mean... Hell is just like... Everyone gets tossed in the Lake of Fire and it's done... Tartarus, on the other hand... Everyone gets their own customized punishment... Like... You have to push a boulder to the top of a hill, and invariably, everytime you almost get it to the top, something goes terribly wrong, and it rolls back down again... Or... You're tied to a tree, up to your chest in water, with a piece of fruit right in front of your face... You're hungry and thirsty... Every time you go to drink, the water receeds, and every time you try to take a bite of fruit, the wind pushes it away... Oh yeah... Creativity, folks!

How about that guy Prometheus or whatever, who gave humans fire and was chained to something heavy, I think it was like a rock.

Every day birds would come down and eat his organs and agonize him, but since he was a demigod he'd just regenerate overnight and be in torture again the next day, though he was glad he gave the humans fire because he saw how happy it made them.^_^;