PDA

View Full Version : I am speaking to you!

Sayara
Dec 25, 2004, 10:50 PM
...well maybe not tee hee. Anyway this is sorta weird rant.

I have concluded something about myself. I have absolutely no social skills whatsoever. Why?

Well...
1. I have an odd stutter, like i cannot think of what to say.
2. My english sometimes sounds totally stupid. With my voice also it get slurred to sound even worse.

Its come to points where i can't even understand what i am saying sometimes, this really detours me from speaking to people. Maybe also the small factor i am so "Sheltered" i dont really know much of anything thats hip. Don't ask me about your Usher, or your Avril or whatever i dont know em.

What the fuck's your point?!
My lacking of speaking to others has made me "Antisocial." What i don't get is would you rather try to deal with someone who cannot really speak well at'al or not even deal with it?

I mean i get annoyed when someone speaks to me and i cannot understand, though thats just me. Does having bad speaking skills really make you antisocial person now?

For the record, i gotten better at "talking" with speeches and crap. I think most importantly i need antishy lessons. e.e

Sagasu
Dec 25, 2004, 11:02 PM
Well, if you dont want to be lonely, then I advise you in investing some time and effort into learning better social skills.

Myself do not care for the moment, and tend to intimidate people with often ominous looks.

Sayara
Dec 25, 2004, 11:08 PM
Me being speeching impedimented doesnt really mean much, but does it mean that if anyone did have such a problem that their cases for not talking makes them antisocial?

And yeah, i get shit about being creepy too. "Gahh the evil eyes!! and the brows" all that good stuff. :o

navci
Dec 25, 2004, 11:12 PM
On 2004-12-25 20:02, Sagasu wrote:

Myself do not care for the moment, and tend to intimidate people with often ominouspretty looks.

I kinda know what you are saying Tingle.
I tend to mumble and slur a lot. And sometimes it takes me more than a second to realize what others are trying to say,.. ya. So my point kinda is. Hm. ...

I don't know what my point is. I think it got lost somewhere. I will think about it some more and elaborate later.

Sagasu
Dec 25, 2004, 11:15 PM
On 2004-12-25 20:12, navinator wrote:

I don't know what my point is.

point = tingle is not alone! ~.^

pretty ominous.

Sayara
Dec 25, 2004, 11:18 PM
On 2004-12-25 20:12, navinator wrote:

On 2004-12-25 20:02, Sagasu wrote:

Myself do not care for the moment, and tend to intimidate people with often ominouspretty looks.

I kinda know what you are saying Tingle.
I tend to mumble and slur a lot. And sometimes it takes me more than a second to realize what others are trying to say,.. ya. So my point kinda is. Hm. ...

I don't know what my point is. I think it got lost somewhere. I will think about it some more and elaborate later.

What i was trying to say is that the fact i like you have these problems it makes me become antisocial. Which i do not understand.

navci
Dec 25, 2004, 11:23 PM
On 2004-12-25 20:18, Tingle wrote:

What i was trying to say is that the fact i like you have these problems it makes me become antisocial. Which i do not understand.

It isn't that hard to understand. See, we work on feedbacks. I talk to you stuttering, you didn't think it was cool. So you give me some sort of negative feedback. Be it verbal or gesture. So I realize you didn't appreciate what I said. I might form the conclusion of you don't like me and then I sulk and go away.

If this happen enough then you will start to fear the rejection of everybody and then maybe fear social situations and hence go anti-social.

Yepp.

Sayara
Dec 25, 2004, 11:27 PM
Let me add the trump card.

I think i am fine though, minus my lil speaky stuff.
I am told i am antisocial.

I know, "not to take what they say into your thought" but i've heard this enough already. Its kinda hard to ignore ya know?

navci
Dec 25, 2004, 11:32 PM
On 2004-12-25 20:27, Tingle wrote:
Let me add the trump card.

I think i am fine though, minus my lil speaky stuff.
I am told i am antisocial.

I know, "not to take what they say into your thought" but i've heard this enough already. Its kinda hard to ignore ya know?

Well. I dunno you IRL.
I don't think you are antisocial.
But it could be people scaring you with their antisocial comments. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

ABDUR101
Dec 25, 2004, 11:38 PM
I fumble and stutter with words at work. Quite annoying to me when I'm trying to talk to someone, but it happens so oh well. I rush when I talk, so thats the problem. Could be the same with you, you just rush abit, or you're thinking further than you're talking and poof, slurred speech and fumbled words.

Sayara
Dec 25, 2004, 11:48 PM
On 2004-12-25 20:38, ABDUR101 wrote:
I fumble and stutter with words at work. Quite annoying to me when I'm trying to talk to someone, but it happens so oh well. I rush when I talk, so thats the problem. Could be the same with you, you just rush abit, or you're thinking further than you're talking and poof, slurred speech and fumbled words.

This, this could be my case. I just wish people wouldnt declair that to be antisocial persons.

KodiaX987
Dec 25, 2004, 11:56 PM
I guess it depends on how well you know whatever person or what kind of a situation you're in... In social situations, I can be talkative like there is no tomorrow.

But go figure why, I couldn't order a dish at the restaurant even if my life depended on it. I'll stumble like mad, forget something I wanted to order, or suddenly order something else altogether and wonder why the hell I said that. o_O;

EphekZ
Dec 26, 2004, 12:02 AM
I hate when people do that....."you have a lisp...anti-social freak" Ive seen something similar to that....people are annoying

Sayara
Dec 26, 2004, 12:15 AM
On 2004-12-25 20:56, KodiaX987 wrote:
I guess it depends on how well you know whatever person or what kind of a situation you're in... In social situations, I can be talkative like there is no tomorrow.

But go figure why, I couldn't order a dish at the restaurant even if my life depended on it. I'll stumble like mad, forget something I wanted to order, or suddenly order something else altogether and wonder why the hell I said that. o_O;

Maybe the fact you're asking for something? I have that problem sometimes, but not as bad as bro :p

navci
Dec 26, 2004, 12:19 AM

I need to verify that! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Scrub
Dec 26, 2004, 07:11 AM

Exactly why I order Chicken Fingers every restaurant I go to!=D

Here's an example of how I am: Back at my old school, I knew everybody, so I talked all the god damn time. I also got mediocre B and C grades because of all the goofing around I did in class and stuff. Here at my new school, I only talk to about 4 people, and sleep the whole damn day through my classes, and I get As. I FUCKING SLEEP AND I GET As. Great...but yea, I only talk to people I know well. I don't know how people can walk up to a stranger and have a conversation like people do with me.-_-;

EphekZ
Jan 2, 2005, 04:28 PM
On 2005-01-02 13:28, darkgunner wrote:

Exactly why I order Chicken Fingers every restaurant I go to!=D

gah, my couson used to do that all the time...almost made me start doing it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif , but I realized chickens don't have FINGERS/NUGGETS! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif (stupid Carl's Junior commecial the one with the scientists sticking their hands up the chickens butt what was with that? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif )

Here's an example of how I am: Back at my old school, I knew everybody, so I talked all the god damn time. I also got mediocre B and C grades because of all the goofing around I did in class and stuff. Here at my new school, I only talk to about 4 people, and sleep the whole damn day through my classes, and I get As. I FUCKING SLEEP AND I GET As.

Teachers dont like kids that have freinds cuz they know they are going to be an asshole child throughout the year (english teacher stated if she doesnt like somoene she'll grade it down right away even if its good....thats why we dont put headings on essays anymore^^)

I don't know how people can walk up to a stranger and have a conversation like people do with me.-_-;

I can do it becuse I'm not shy and generally freindly, I guess you just have to be sure with your with your self about how you are and not thinking that you'll freak people out if you talk to them.

geewj
Jan 3, 2005, 05:58 AM
I talk fast and get ahead of myself a lot. So often times people have no idea what the fuck I'm talking about.

dude3282
Jan 3, 2005, 03:15 PM
My problem is that I've been living in the south long enough that despite my efforts to avoid picking up an accent, my speech has become more like a slurred southern drawl. And it sucks. So I try harder to enunciate. Hopefully I'll still be able to speak english when I leave for college.