PDA

View Full Version : One Shouldn't Assume Things

Zelutos
Dec 28, 2004, 10:30 PM
it gets you in nothing but trouble.

Because someone i cared deeply for assumed something about what i had done, our friendship is gone. All because he assumed.

So i tell you, fair PSOWorldians, i suggest in the future, that you should get the whole story before you assume something. That way, something like this will never happen to you.

Sagasu
Dec 28, 2004, 10:47 PM
You'll get over it.

Sayara
Dec 28, 2004, 10:47 PM
Something must of happened, whatever it is, i guess its not needed in the case of what you post.

Well, i guess a lesson learned is lesson remained forever right?

Zelutos
Dec 28, 2004, 11:03 PM
I'm not worried about me getting over it. I'm worried about him getting over it and just believing me rather than assuming. I'm not interested in losing my dear friend over an assumption. However, he told his parents of what he assumed. Now even if we do remain friends....well, i can't show my face infront of them again.

I'm sorry, i would post the situation and background of this problem. But i'd rather not due to plenty of judgemental people.

Still, my point stands, get the whole story before you assume and go do something like tell your parents a false story.

Solstis
Dec 28, 2004, 11:05 PM
On 2004-12-28 20:03, Zelutos wrote:
I'm sorry, i would post the situation and background of this problem. But i'd rather not due to plenty of judgemental people.

One shouldn't assume things.

But... ah... yeah. You tell 'em Zel.

TheOneHero
Dec 28, 2004, 11:24 PM
Never assume, because when you 'assume'. You make an "ass" out of "u" and "me".

One of my favorite quotes by John Ritter.

I rarely assume, because I know what it can bring. I am sorry for your loss; though from this you can teach others somewhat. [/preaching]

>_>;

Zelutos
Dec 28, 2004, 11:29 PM
yes, well i will do anything to keep him as my friend. I mean anything. Absolutly, positivly anything. I wish he wouldn't have assumed, but i suppose that is only fair given the background of the situation (even though it was over a year ago). I wish he wouldn't have told his parents what he assumed. I wish things could be different....but nothing will ever be the way it was before.

navci
Dec 29, 2004, 12:11 AM
So what's the story.
So we don't have to assume.

EphekZ
Dec 29, 2004, 12:24 AM
On 2004-12-28 21:11, navinator wrote:
So what's the story.
So we don't have to assume.

thats assuming that we will assume and assuming that we need to know.....

SO what's the story
so we could be more helpful =P

Zelutos
Dec 29, 2004, 12:25 AM
If you promise not to judge, i will explain

EphekZ
Dec 29, 2004, 12:29 AM
On 2004-12-28 21:25, Zelutos wrote:

I promise

*takes out Frozen Shooter* Anyone not wanting to promise?

Sagasu
Dec 29, 2004, 12:30 AM
On 2004-12-28 21:25, Zelutos wrote:

promises are lies in cages

Sure thing, Zel ^_^

Zelutos
Dec 29, 2004, 12:39 AM
I see....but still, i don't know if i should tell, because it involves someone. Perhaps if you can get him to agree to it, then the story will be told. I do not wish to further the anger in this misunderstanding...

_Ted_
Dec 29, 2004, 02:01 AM
On 2004-12-28 21:39, Zelutos wrote:
I see....but still, i don't know if i should tell, because it involves someone. Perhaps if you can get him to agree to it, then the story will be told. I do not wish to further the anger in this misunderstanding...

Better keep it on the lowdown in that case.

Zelutos
Dec 29, 2004, 02:05 AM
yeah, i know. Sorry for bringing up this topic.

ASSUMING=BAD! DON'T DO IT!

Hrith
Dec 29, 2004, 02:21 AM
If that person assumed and did not try to understand the situation at hand, there are 2 explanations:
-He didn't like you that much, and was looking for an excuse to "get rid of you".
-He's too stupid, and not worth your time.

Either way, sorry.

_Ted_
Dec 29, 2004, 02:42 AM
On 2004-12-28 23:21, Kef wrote:
If that person assumed and did not try to understand the situation at hand, there are 2 explanations:
-He didn't like you that much, and was looking for an excuse to "get rid of you".

Either way, sorry.

That's a very nice and clean explaination, but the person in question here probably isn't that simple.

navci
Dec 29, 2004, 02:45 AM
On 2004-12-28 23:21, Kef wrote:

*nod*

Zelutos
Dec 29, 2004, 03:12 AM
It makes me think. If we're such good friends, and he had complete trust in me before, and would take my word...why would he not take my word now? He knew me, every aspect about me. I havn't given him a reason to not trust me.

Perhaps he not worth my time. Perhaps i should just say "Goodbye! If you don't wanna trust the words that you know are true, then why should i deal with you?"

However....this person has a place in my heart that cannot be replace. Oh well, if he's going to treat me poorly because of something he assumed, then you know, why should i beg for his forgiveness? I mean, he's cheesed me off alot before, and i don't even make a fuss about it, i don't go around telling my parents, i don't de-friend him, i don't really even act angry around him. Forgive and forget, that's what i do...especially if it is all just a big misunderstanding.

Thanks guys.

Edit: Fixed spelling mistakes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zelutos on 2004-12-29 00:42 ]</font>

Scrub
Dec 29, 2004, 08:13 AM
Stop all this shit about assuming being bad, everybody assumes something all the time.

See someone with a lot of piercings wearing all black with a pentagram necklace walking down the street? You assume he's a Satanist. See Grey Phantasm posting on PSOW? You assume it's bullshit. See somebody on an online game asking for free items? You assume he's a moron. Go to sleep? You assume you'll wake up.

etc etc. ^_~