PDA

View Full Version : Out of retirement.. for awhile (FINAL CHAPTER)

War_Child
Jul 9, 2002, 11:39 PM
I know I said I wouldn;t write chaptered fics again.. but meh I'm a lying asshole aren't I http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

"Aaa... aaAAA! AAAAAACHOO!" A sneeze erupted out the racaseal's nose as she moved about the dusty room. It was dark in the old attic, being illuminated only be a small, decorative window in the front of the house. War child duster in one hand, other over her nose, moved about the room, trying to eliminate or at least reduce the amount of the irritating dust in the room, wondering why she allowed allergies in her program. "Bloody hell.. I never thought a place could be so dirty.." she thought to herself, rummaging through piles of boxes, re-arranging and reorganizing what she could.

"MOOOOOOOMMMMM!"

"What!?"

"Kei's taking stuff from me!"

"Ugh.. Hold on.. -.-" WC climbed down the small latter leading to their attic, to settle the predicament below. "No what is it o.O" WC squatted a bit so she would be eye to eye with her youngest daughter, looking into her sad blue eyes. Natalie, now at the accelerated age of 8, was once again pestering one of her sisters it seemed. Or perhaps it was the other way around? WC had lost count of who annoyed who more, then again it didn't really matter. "I did not! I paid for it, they're my chocolates!" Kei's annoyed yells could be heard from the kitchen. "Oh god, not again.." WC held her head in her hand. Every day she had to settle arguments between her children, over just about everything. "Kei, just give Natalie a chocolate.." WC yelled back, before getting up and going back up into the attic. Compared to the bickering and banterings of her kids, perhaps the dust wasn't so bad after all.

"What do I have up here anyway.." she thought aloud, eyeing the boxes and junk laying about the attic. One metal crate in particular caught her attention, it's silverish linings glittering in the low light. As she approached it, she noticed a familiar lock sealing the container tight."Was wondering where I kept these.." WC quickened her pace, dust poofing up around her feet with every step as she nearly jogged to the large box containing memories of the most exciting times of her life. "Damnit, lost the key to this long ago... oh well.." War Child grinned to herself, as she clasped the lock in her hands. She gripped it tightly, and twisted it to the left. "Come on.." she mumbled, a cracking sound being heard as the metal started to bend. With a loud snap, the metal lock shattered, bits and pieces of it's inner workings clanging to the floor. In an excited rush of an adrenaline, she thrust the box's lid open, eyeing it's contents like a child opening a present on their birthday. She reached her hand inside, pulling out a battered photo album. Opening it up, and leafing through te pages, a sudden rush of memories filled her head.

"Nori, Kess, Assassin, wonder whatever happened to hose three..." WC thought to herself, remembering the ones she grew up with, had they been human they could of been siblings, although WC wasn't really related to them in a sense, just like all other androids she was built by the government and purchased, almost like a slave or a pet before she was granted self-freedom. Continuing through the book, old friends' faces filled her eyes, random pictures really, from parties, huntings, celebrations, wherever. A few photos stuck out in particular, WC with a group of others, just goofing around in the lobbies as they grouped up in parties before going down to Ragol for whatever reason. Throughout the entire thing there were only a few "formal" group photos, WC payed the most attention to these. Memories of some of her closest friends rushed through her head. Lara, a hunewearl with long, red hair, always a friend she could call on when she needed help. Opalexian, the grey bun-haired, hyper-energetic catgirl who never seemed to lack cheer. Severance 7, the logical one, probably one of the only racaseals she knew that didn't go out of her way to seem more.. human.. in one way or another. Her husband Nakago, the two being newlyweds at the time this picture was taken, always with her no matter where she went. She missed her youthful nights with her friends, it was back then that War Child really felt alive.

Looking back into the box, she noticed her old armour resting, still perfectly molded to WC's shape yet having been unworn for years. "Oh why the hell not.." she smiled to herself, pulling out the armour. Her clothes dropped to the floor, and in an instant she was wearing her more comfortable combat shorts and shirt. "Ahh.. How I've missed these things, so easy to move.." she said to herself as she reached down and picked up the main body of her battle armour. Basically a chest plate that wrapped around her body like a bathing suit. It tightened, staying secure but allowing for easy movement. Next to go on was the plating that would protect her thighs. Basically it looked like the bottom of a short skirt, and was more for style really, but it did the job. She tucked her dark, greenish-black hair against her head as she slipped her helmet on, the headgear tightening to secure itself. Leg armour, protective-mail gloves and shoes, armour covering for her arms. Had it not been for the simu-skin that was easily identifiable on her face, she could easily pass as a brand new racaseal.

Guns. She needed guns. Lifting two handles on the inside of the chest easily solved this problem, revealing a second compartment. She reached inside, picking up three of her favourite weapons. The first was a Yaskimov 2000h, a small but powerful pistol, with laser-sight as an added bonus. Although she wouldn't need the laser sight, it looked cool. And why just kill if you could look cool and kill? The next weapon, an Anti-Android Rifle. War Child chuckled to herself, the, her eyes running over it's sleek yet practical exterior. The irony didn't fail to reach her, an android like her using an Anti-Android Rifle. They were originally built to kill any android that might snap and be a threat to Pioneer 2's citizens. Now they were mostly taken from the humans, and being used against anything unfortunate enough to be at the other end of the barrel. The last pair of guns was a set of S-Rank Mechguns, War Child's name engraved in them. Out of the three, these were her weapons of choice- fast, powerful, and almost continuous firing.

Looking back into the box one time, she found a little red book. Her registration papers as a ranger in the hunters guild, with status as a Veteran hunter. She wasn't officially retired, she could still go down to Ragol, she just couldn't bring anyone with her, they had either permanently retired from the trade or were taking temporary leave. She stared at it before a good couple of beats before she grinned to herself, slipping it into her inventory before going back down the ladder. She quickly walked towards the front door, grabbing her trademark weapon- a frying pan- along the way. Practically on her heels was Natalie, always looking for something to do.

"Where ya goin mom?"

"Out."

"Where?"

"Somewhere."

"When will you be back?"

"No idea."

"Can I come?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Too dangerous."

"Why?"

"Because I said so."

"Why?"

"Ugh.." WC stopped a few steps short of the door, before turning around and kneeling, once again looking Natalie in the eye. "Because a big scary monster will follow you home, hide under your bed, and eat you!"

"Nooooo T____T"

"Yes, but only if you don't go to sleep when I tell you too! Now go see Kei, she'll protect you from the monsters.."

"Ok.. T_T" the young girl ran off, WC running out the door and closing it behind her before she could get any protests from Kei. As she made her way to the hunter's district, she typed up a quick note on her BEE system explaining where she was.

It was a short walk to the district teleporter, and in an instant she was surrounded by the lights of stores, hunters running back and forth, and loiterers milling about the place with nothing better to do. Although it was only about 100 feet to the teleporter to Ragol, the walk seemed like a mile.

"ANYONE HAVE A LAVIS CANNON FOR TRADE?!"

"HEYYYYYY LADY BE MY GF PLZ!"

"GIMME STUFF PLEASE!!!"

Although she missed the fun she had while she was younger, one thing she didn't miss were some of the idiots. She actually ran into the teleporter and mashed a random button just to get her the hell out of there.

?

Forest Area 1.

War Child breathed in the crisp, clean smelling air. "Ahhh... finally a little peace.." she sighed, enjoying something she hadn't heard in the longest time. Silence. She took out her s-rank mechguns, eyeing them for a second before walking the beaten, worn down path and through the laser barriers, where Bartles could be expected any second. "And plenty of steam to blow off.."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: War_Child on 2002-07-20 23:19 ]</font>

BWS-1
Jul 10, 2002, 03:12 AM
Woohoo! does that mean you're coming back online WC? That'd be so cool!

War_Child
Jul 10, 2002, 11:11 AM
I wish T_T Most likely coming back for the GC version, but my parents don't like me using the phone line, even at times when nobody calls -.-

Hikosaka
Jul 13, 2002, 03:36 AM
Hope you come back for the GC version...hopefully Sev and WC can play together again. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Now write some more!

Vigil
Jul 18, 2002, 03:12 PM
Now youve done it WC, youve made me wanna go get a GC and PSO v2 for it, ill try to get one from my grandparents in october, so i geuss ill see you there too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif, http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Talila

War_Child
Jul 21, 2002, 01:16 AM
[i]Chapter 2[i]

When a race needs help, they build machines
And when they get lonely, they enhance the machines.
Human shapes here, emotions there,
If it wasn't for the few obvious things, you could mistake them for human beings.

One by one, sent to the killing field,
Controlled by a puppet master behind his big desk.
Controlling the strings of his marionettes, integrating them with humanity and newmanity, Allowing them to have friendships, relationships, freedom in a sense.

But what happens when a machine has served its purpose?
The puppet master cuts the strings of course.
Finding other ways to bide his time
Well the marionettes run free.

In a sense, they look for a new puppet master.
Someone who will pay attention to them.
They mingle and relate, soon finding others whose needs they can suit,
and in a sense, the strings are tied once more.

But like many ways in a sense, the marionette is just a toy.
Never really real, nothing more than a machine.
So what should happen when it seems nobody cares for the marionette?
The strings are cut again, and the marionette is tossed on her own.

The small racaseal grinned to herself. "Such silly thoughts.. What the hell am I doing out here?" WC put her weapons away, went back to Pioneer 2, and headed home. Tucking away the box of armour and weapons back into the box, she kept thinking to herself. "I've had my romp, but my time for that is done.. This marionette can't kill anymore, this marionette has a family to tend to.."

The End.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: War_Child on 2002-07-20 23:18 ]</font>

Wang_Tang
Jul 29, 2002, 09:06 PM
On 2002-07-20 23:16, War_Child wrote:
This marionette can't kill anymore...

or can she? mua ha ha ha
check out
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=27468&forum=12&27

for what happens to War!! mee hee hee, shes in there, be patient damn you ^_^.

A year after the colonization of Ragol... a new evil rears its face.. dun dun DUN!!
Warrior of the Light: Farylla's Continuing Journey, now on a fanfics board near you!

This msg brought to you by the one and only Wang_Tang.

BWS-1
Jul 30, 2002, 02:07 PM
Hey, that's pretty original the way you put the 2nd chapter. Couldn't find a better way to end it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif