PDA

View Full Version : Small Victory over Gamestop?!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 6, 2005, 04:22 AM
My lil bro's Parappa The Rappa(PS1) is sitting in the used games bin in the local Gamestop.

He received $7 store credit(not much) for it about 2 years ago. But...it was soo cracked and broken that it was rendered unplayable by him. They're charging $17.99 for this used, broken, unplayable game of my lil brother's.

Just a warning. Don't buy that Parappa in the Gamestop unless you look at the CD inside first! It might be my lil bro's broken one.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Nostalgia factor being when my dad was shopping around for that game when it was a hot HOT item upon release. Also the overall fun that game gave us all. Crap. I want it back. Now!
(or at least a copy that works)

'It ain't worth much, but the sentimental value is through the roof!'
Oh and seeing how it was my first visit to Gamestop in about a year and a half, I almost purchased Star Ocean 2 and Gundam battle Assault 2 USED for PS1 >_< I used to buy all kinds of used games that turned out to be junkers. Star Ocean 2 should have been a no brainer but I was running late for something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2005-01-06 01:29 ]</font>

Outrider
Jan 6, 2005, 05:06 AM
Parappa the Rapper = BEST GAME EVAR.

To this day, I will break out into song whenever a Parappa tune pops into my head.

Mixfortune
Jan 6, 2005, 08:02 AM
Overall, I'd say Gitaroo Man > Parappa the Rapper, although Parappa does get some bonus points given the earlier time of its release. Quite some catchy songs in there.

Shadowpawn
Jan 6, 2005, 02:10 PM
KICK, PUNCH, It's all in the mind!

M. I. X. the flo-ur into the bowl!

Outrider
Jan 7, 2005, 05:04 AM
On 2005-01-06 05:02, Mixfortune wrote:
Overall, I'd say Gitaroo Man > Parappa the Rapper, although Parappa does get some bonus points given the earlier time of its release. Quite some catchy songs in there.

Haven't played Gitaroo Man.

It's just... Parappa has so much charm to it! And Parappa's my boy, yo! (I should really get around to picking up the sequel to find out what happens between the little rapping dog and his ladyfriend, Sunny. And no, I'm not referring to Umjammer when I say "sequel.")

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 7, 2005, 05:38 AM
On 2005-01-07 02:04, Outrider wrote:

On 2005-01-06 05:02, Mixfortune wrote:

Haven't played Gitaroo Man.

It's just... Parappa has so much charm to it! And Parappa's my boy, yo! (I should really get around to picking up the sequel to find out what happens between the little rapping dog and his ladyfriend, Sunny. And no, I'm not referring to Umjammer when I say "sequel.")

Umjammer Lammy was so very terrible. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

It just went through the motions and didn't keep any of that charm of the Rapping dog we all know and love.

I think my said lil bro played part 2 for the PS2 but I don't remember how that turned out... But fondly remember:

"Now, we're here, just sitting in the car, I want you to show me if you can get far!"
"Step on the gas!"

Hehe. Ever try left turns on rights? and vice versa?! Ridiculous fun to spin through an intersection! When you start "freestyling" the game is not so fun anymore. The lyrics make that game! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Mixfortune
Jan 7, 2005, 05:47 AM
On 2005-01-06 11:10, Shadowpawn wrote:

KICK, PUNCH, It's all in the mind!

If you want to test me, I'm sure you'll find...

Err anyways. yeah Gitaroo Man's pretty damn good, but there's places I wish they included more stuff (not all songs are playable in multiplayer, and you can't select the harder difficulty versions of the songs in multiplayer, either).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-01-07 02:47 ]</font>

Outrider
Jan 7, 2005, 04:26 PM
Now... how necessary is the guitar controller for that game?

And I liked Umjammer. It wasn't nearly as good as Parappa, but it still had it's own charm.

Kizaragu
Jan 8, 2005, 12:16 PM
What I remember of it, Parrapa the Rapper 2 wasn't a patch on the original. The tunes just weren't up to scratch.