PDA

View Full Version : It's an adventure!

Outrider
Jan 11, 2005, 08:22 AM
So, Toys R Us opens up at 10. It's 8:17 right now. Assuming they have Resident Evil 4 (as it comes out today), I'm going to head over there when it opens. Now, the radio keeps telling me that we're bound to get around four inches of snow and sleet at noonish, but it could come earlier. The mall that Toys R Us is in is about a... fifteen minute walk from here?

Yay for not driving.

I plan on laughing at the precipitation while on my adventure. I mean, it's only four inches. We've had more than that up where I go to school.

Oh yeah, then my dad asked me to do the laundry. But that's not really as fun as walking around in the snow. So I figure that can be chapter two of my adventure... or a side-story, or something. I dunno, I just want my Resident Evil 4. Sexy, sexy Leon...

EDIT: Wow, um... things have not gone the way I had hoped.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Outrider on 2005-01-11 09:25 ]</font>

Zzzzzz
Jan 11, 2005, 01:27 PM
Did they not have the collector's edition or something? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

space_butler
Jan 11, 2005, 02:06 PM
I suggest a new quest! one to destroy nintendo of europe just for being wankers about release dates

Solstis
Jan 11, 2005, 04:09 PM
*hangs in suspense*

Kuea
Jan 11, 2005, 04:30 PM
I should get that game <_<

Me want game o.o

Scrub
Jan 11, 2005, 05:03 PM
I don't like scary games. I get nightmares. ;-;

Outrider
Jan 12, 2005, 02:41 AM
Called Toys R Us. They don't have RE4 in stock. I ask when it's supposed to come in. They claim they have no record of the game. Guh!? My girlfriend (because she's awesome) went ahead and called another Toys R Us after I mentioned this to her just to check if it was only the local store that didn't have it, and that other one said they'd get it by tomorrow, so hopefully the store in town will also have it.

Called FYE (cause I have a gift card there). They don't have it, and say it isn't out yet, and that games usually come out on Wednesdays. (The release date was today, so uh... maybe they just didn't get it yet?)

Completely forgot there was a Gamestop (or EB, whatever) around until we got hit by some snow/sleet/freezing rain. Not going out in a car in that weather. They'll be my third choice is both TRU and FYE fail me again.

Plus, my tooth was in an unusual amount of pain the entire day. See, I'm an idiot, and when I couldn't open up a bottle of Pepsi because the cap had been screwed on too tightly, I tried loosening it with my teeth. Didn't work, bad idea, and twenty-four hours later, my tooth is screaming in pain. It's much better now, but it might be the aspirin.

So anyway:

Checking for the game again tomorrow. Will actually go to the stores instead of just calling, because I think they're just very dumb and also the roads should be mostly clear. Hopefully tooth won't hurt like it did today, as I received a fresh wave of pain everytime I took a step. Is this a bad thing? I dunno. We'll see what the dentist says.

Mixfortune
Jan 12, 2005, 03:46 AM
For me, I've been told at the stores that it comes out tomorrow, but if I had pre-ordered it, I could have picked it up today. Perhaps it was the same way for you (and perhaps their advertised release date was for those who pre-ordered).

Unless you did pre-order it...

EDIT: Some places said I had to wait until tomorrow if I didn't pre-order, while others said it was shipping today, and would be available tomorrow. Meh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-01-12 00:47 ]</font>

geewj
Jan 12, 2005, 04:36 AM
For regular shipment, it ships on the the release date, so they wouldn't get it in till the day after. And for preorders, they are sent just enough to fill thier preorders for the release date.

At least that's what I understand to be the standard for most places.

Outrider
Jan 12, 2005, 12:10 PM
On 2005-01-12 01:36, Prof_Frink wrote:
For regular shipment, it ships on the the release date, so they wouldn't get it in till the day after. And for preorders, they are sent just enough to fill thier preorders for the release date.

At least that's what I understand to be the standard for most places.

Well, neither Toys R Us or FYE has it today yet again, but Gamestop totally does. And since I have to go to that mall to get my watch I got for Christmas adjusted for my skinny girly arms, I'm totally gonna wreck two birds with one stone.

Totally.

EDIT: Both birds killed!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Outrider on 2005-01-12 11:10 ]</font>

Zelutos
Jan 12, 2005, 06:17 PM
Resident Evil 4 comes out on the 14th, which is tommorrow....perhaps you need to go to websites that actually SELL the game ._.;; *points to http://www.ebgames.com*

Outrider
Jan 13, 2005, 12:33 PM
On 2005-01-12 15:17, Zelutos wrote:
Resident Evil 4 comes out on the 14th, which is tommorrow....perhaps you need to go to websites that actually SELL the game ._.;; *points to http://www.ebgames.com*

No, it came out the 11th, and I picked it up the 12th.

Heck, it even says on ebgames that it's already shipping, and today's the 13th!

Eihwaz
Jan 14, 2005, 10:02 AM
So, Richard, how's the tooth? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Outrider
Jan 17, 2005, 12:01 AM
On 2005-01-14 07:02, Eihwaz wrote:
So, Richard, how's the tooth? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Rockin'.

RavenTW
Jan 17, 2005, 10:45 AM
Rockin', like, loose? Or rockin', as in, doing better? Would be funny if it were loose.