PDA

View Full Version : Hey FKL, I need YOUR help!

Scrub
Jan 12, 2005, 03:08 PM
Is there any reason a downloaded game(ROSE) would screw up the computer so that my grandmother couldn't open up Secure websites?-_o;

Zelutos
Jan 12, 2005, 03:29 PM
Is there any reason why my graphics card sux and won't let me play because of that reason...and only that reason *throws the graphics card at Grey and steals his*

InfernoNR7
Jan 13, 2005, 12:36 AM
Because it sucks and uploaded numerous viruses to your computer (lol, I dunno).

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 13, 2005, 01:00 AM
Probably not, but I suppose that it rather depends on where you got the game from, and what kind of a game it is. A game right out of a box... Probably not. A ROM... Pretty much not possible. Flash game... Unlikely. Some cheap game downloaded from a dubious website... Could possibly have placed a trojan horse on your system that's snagging information being submit to these secure sites and sending them to someone over the net instead of allowing the site to behave normally.

InfernoNR7
Jan 13, 2005, 01:11 AM
^ Very true ^

Or if it was a game that was based on Java or had something to do with Active X you coulda gotten something (or so I hear).

Scrub
Jan 13, 2005, 06:32 AM
Well, the thing is we can't even OPEN a secure site...for example, it can't find the My eBay page, gives you the error.>_<;

Outrider
Jan 13, 2005, 12:24 PM
Have you tried the usual virus scan, Spybot, AdAware, HijackThis methods to see what could be wrong?