PDA

View Full Version : I'm not as strong as you think.

TheOneHero
Jan 20, 2005, 04:35 PM
Well, for the past few months; I've been going through a lot.

Before I moved from Fort Wayne, several of my "friends" became real big asses and decided to give my life as much hell as possible. Then we moved on here to Michigan, which wasn't easy. The movers were complete jerks, and several of our things were damaged. As most of you know, moves can be generally very stressful. Out of the 10 times I've moved in my life, this one was the hardest.

Especially because I was moving away a very special girl. I have known her for about 3 years, and we were a coule for almost 2 and 1/2. We had had our problems, and like any couple spent time apart/ had "small" breakups. But we always worked through everything and ended up together again. After I moved, we got into a little arguement and that's where I became single again. I got into an internet relationship which ended within a few weeks, then I got call from my old g/f; we talked for awhile and got over ourselves. For a little we continued with the relationship, but in the end, (just about a three weeks ago) I got another call. And we officially broke up.

I admired her for being with me as long as she did, as some of you who know me personally; my life isn't ordinary. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif So, I was happy she didn't have to suffer as much; though very depressed at being alone.

Also within the past few months, I've been taking on many projects; and helping others. Once I pick up I porject, I have to give it everything, (I'm a perfectionist). So, I haven't been getting a lot of sleep lately, and barely any time for me to be...me.

With a great deal of stress, and much lack of sleep I started doing Driver's Ed here in Michigan. In Indiana, I was 99.9 percent away from having a perminant (sp?) license. However, thanks to Michigan's laws. It was taken away, and it was either: Do these classes. Or not drive. I was pretty pissed at loosing that privelage, which I had worked so hard for in Indiana. Sucking it up, I went to Driver's Ed.

Which is where I broke down the way I did, and am now in this funk that holds me tight.

I whip through all the things needed to be done there. Having already gone and did these same classes before. But then, it's time to drive with the instrcutor. 1st time, fucking sucked. I was bitched at for using my fucking MIRRORS! I thought those were put on for a REASON. Hmm.

2nd time, we went on the highway. Weather wasn't so great, considering it was snowing and the roads were wet. Mix that with Michigans shit roads and we got a problem. Literally, the roads here are very bad; a good deal of the pot holes are about 3-5 inches deep. T_T

I was coming up to a curve, and there was no sign telling me I needed to slow down. But I did anyway due to conditions at the time. The ass of an instructor, grabs my arm, and yells at me for slowing down. I told him I was slowly down for the conditions. He screams his head off at me, telling me to do what he says to do. Now, I'm used to being bitched at, and can usually handle it pretty well. But when I'm grabbed, and yelled at for trying to be safe; mixed with everything I've been going through; it gets hard.

I decide to do what he tells me, he says put the turn signal on. I do so, but not the way he wanted me to. I did it too "fast". So, he reaches over, grabs my hands; WHILE I'm in heavy traffic and moves my hands around to show me how he wants me to do it. The car jerks from him leaning over and fucking with everything, and we nearly get into an accident. I'm cussed at, hit, then told it was my fault. Yay, I have an abusive Driver's Ed teacher.

I'm not going to go in with everything that happened on those lessons, mainly because it's not worth it, and it would be too long. However, I will say that once I got back into my van to drive home with my mom, I sobbed. All the emotion from everything finally breaking free. I couldn't focus really, because everytime I found something to focus on. Something sad from it found its way to me. I tried to think of something stupid that wouldn't have sad emotion, like PSO. -_- Then the thought that Rico was reitring came up. -_-

Anyway, at least now you know why I've shattered. And am not as strong as you think.

Here I am, so many warm tears sliding down my face; making me barely able to type. Finally having collasped from the overwhelming trials and tasks given to me. Alone, and becoming more and more hopeless. I'm tired of trying to live up as the figure friends and family look up to. My mind is gone, and I can barely focus on one little thing before it is whisked away. I, just can't take..anything anymore. The pain and the sorrow, enveloping me to make me hopeless. I've given up, and can no longer stand against everything.

So here I am. Stab at me if you wish, just take away the emotion. I'm not as strong as you think.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2005-01-23 14:32 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Jan 20, 2005, 04:39 PM
The hell? Explain abit more, you did'nt clarify anything.

TheOneHero
Jan 20, 2005, 04:41 PM
On 2005-01-20 13:39, ABDUR101 wrote:

I would, but like I said I can't focus on one thing for very long. =

As soon as I can stop lamenting and figure some stuff out for myself I'll share it.

RicoRoyal
Jan 20, 2005, 04:42 PM

Yes, please do explain. I would love to help you, but that's kinda hard when i'm more annoyed by you than I am concerned (sorry, I just don't dig the overly emotional shit). If it means anything, I didn't really give the Psycho Wand to Kef. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Sagasu
Jan 20, 2005, 04:53 PM

Well, basically, check the rants that've been piling up from him. Also, take into account the usual bullshit any kid has to go through, then mix it all together and heap it all into one ball of crushing might which has now shattered his will.

Yeah,

Toh will start making sense again soon, once he picks up the pieces. Hope for the best man. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Aredhel
Jan 20, 2005, 05:53 PM
Find a distraction. Distance yourself from your problems until you know how to effectively deal with them. What could possibly be so important right now that it's worth destroying your emotional frame over?

The easy way out would be to blame all of a young person's strife on hormones or something like that, but I have a hard time believing that. Do you think that 16-year-olds in rural Mongolia get depressed just because? I don't think so. Physical development has a very small part to do with these sorts of reactions, so the easy way out is pretty much canned.

You will find some sort of semblance of your life as you stumble along - it's hard enough for everybody, but somehow, we deal with it.

Each of us has a greater capacity with coping than we probably ever realize - finding this new potential in ourselves is how we develop into greater beings capable of dealing with even greater deals. Responsibility can be a difficult thing to deal with at first, but once you learn how to play the game, you are you - you have learned and maybe even mastered how to be yourself. You will never be lost, or saddened, or weak ever again because you know that whatever vestige of your individuality you have found is a good thing and, as DuFrame said in The Shawshank redemption, "No good thing ever dies."

To give your directions in a time like this would be arrogant and might imply that you do not know how to control your own life. Dealing with things yourself will be the greatest reward of all.

Shattered_weasel
Jan 21, 2005, 05:16 PM
Most things can be cured with a hug...

Zelutos
Jan 21, 2005, 05:28 PM
*huggles ToH* poor guy!

Oh, and don't worry, I still love you!

Sagasu
Jan 22, 2005, 05:26 AM
On 2005-01-20 14:53, Aredhel wrote:

Do you think that 16-year-olds in rural Mongolia get depressed just because? I don't think so.

Let me give you a hint,

People dont need a fucking reason to be depressed, angry, happy nor sickened.

Sometimes they just are. Even if they wish they were not.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Skorpius
Jan 22, 2005, 06:14 AM
There's always a catalyst for feelings. :o

I hate the :o smiley PSOw has. It's very annoying.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-01-22 03:15 ]</font>

Aredhel
Jan 22, 2005, 04:25 PM
On 2005-01-22 02:26, Sagasu wrote:

Let me give you a hint,

People dont need a fucking reason to be depressed, angry, happy nor sickened.

Sometimes they just are. Even if they wish they were not.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

You missed my point.

It's so easy and common for people to just say "Oh, there goes another depressed teen. Since teenagers are going through one of their phases, it must be hormones that are making them do this."

As you said, people don't need a reason to feel the way they do. Not just teenagers - people. As such, there is no waiting for them to assume some sort of chemical balance linked to emotion - the cycle will continue until that person finds whatever it is they are looking for (or, in many cases, learns to just settle with what they have).

Whether or not you would like to deny it, there is a reason for rationale. Sometimes, finding the source is all that is needed - othertimes, people are just epidemically depressed because they have convinced themselves of it, often unbeknownst by them.

Enough specualtion about things we know nothing about though. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sagasu
Jan 22, 2005, 06:03 PM
Since were only going to end up disagreeing more we'll leave it simply.

Life sucks.

AUTO_
Jan 22, 2005, 10:38 PM
Sorry but that sounded like grade A livejournal material.

PrinceBrightstar
Jan 23, 2005, 02:40 AM
I'm actually a chronic depressant myself, in that for some reason every year around this time, I fall into a lull that takes weeks to dig out of, and its usually when I try something new, (last year I tried switching doctors and medicines.) that things start to turn out ok again. I know what it's like to be going through what you're going through. Just give it time, cry yourself asleep, continue sleeping for 12+ hours (very important, your dreams will help you forget), and just take the next few days off, work/school or no work/school. You'll know when you're ready to try again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2005-01-22 23:40 ]</font>

TheOneHero
Jan 23, 2005, 05:33 PM
I've gone and updated, hopefully this will explain a little bit more for you guys. I thank you for your replies so far. :)

Tycho
Jan 23, 2005, 05:58 PM
Damn.. hope it'll get better for you, and you'd at least be able to get a new driver's instructor. :/
I remember trying to learn to drive in the US.. but trying to get a driver's license requires a social security number. >.<

@Skorp: That's why I disable smilies when I use it. xD

ABDUR101
Jan 23, 2005, 06:12 PM
Report what the driver instructor did, everything. He's a liability, and a threat to anyone he helps get their license. Heh, it'd be a real nice article in the paper if it read how a Driver's Ed teacher got a student killed, not including anyone in other cars or pedestrians.

BrokenHope
Jan 24, 2005, 04:40 AM
On 2005-01-22 23:40, Jonathan_F wrote:
I'm actually a chronic depressant myself, in that for some reason every year around this time, I fall into a lull that takes weeks to dig out of, and its usually when I try something new, (last year I tried switching doctors and medicines.) that things start to turn out ok again. I know what it's like to be going through what you're going through. Just give it time, cry yourself asleep, continue sleeping for 12+ hours (very important, your dreams will help you forget), and just take the next few days off, work/school or no work/school. You'll know when you're ready to try again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2005-01-22 23:40 ]</font>

Sounds like you might have SAD(Seasonal Affective Disorder) if it is always at this time of year

TheOneHero
Jan 24, 2005, 01:51 PM
On 2005-01-23 15:12, ABDUR101 wrote:
Report what the driver instructor did, everything. He's a liability, and a threat to anyone he helps get their license.

That's what my parents and I are planning on doing. I told them everything that happened; and I must say, I have never seen my parents so pissed in my life. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I drive again with the instructor this tuesday, my mom wants to come along and see what he does with a parent there.

If he does the same stuff over again or not, we are still gonna report him. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Aredhel
Jan 24, 2005, 05:21 PM
Ok, taking what I said in a completely opposite direction... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Someday, you'll get your hormones. Then you won't have to worry about people ever pushing you around like that again. What kind of a loser yells at and grabs 16 year-old kids while they're driving, anyways?

My first drive-test was similar - it was snowing, and I got marked down for not staying in the lanes (there were no other vehicles around). Plus, I was going too fast hehehe.

It's ok though - once you get the license, you're free! Oh, man, does that feel great! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

TheOneHero
Jan 24, 2005, 08:33 PM
On 2005-01-24 14:21, Aredhel wrote:

It's ok though - once you get the license, you're free! Oh, man, does that feel great! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

It sure did, since I had it back in Indiana and had been driving around with it for some time. Just a few little things needed to be taken care of.

However once I moved to Michigan. (they have different laws about driving etc.) Yoink, there goes my license, and I have to start all over. =/

*patiently awaits till he is 18 to get a Michigan license*