PDA

View Full Version : Sponge Bob Square Pants....

Zelutos
Jan 22, 2005, 12:15 AM
...promotes homosexual behavior?

Well, apparently the show does. Or so says a news report i saw on t.v. tonight. Now, i find this hilarious!

http://www.wonderfullywacky.com/spongebobchair.jpg
Now, doesn't this just look like he wants to grab some little boy's bum?

Discuss!

Sagasu
Jan 22, 2005, 12:17 AM
I think its a fucking cartoon.

Meant to amuse, nothing else, even if it is rediculously stupid.

Zelutos
Jan 22, 2005, 12:19 AM
Don't blame me, i don't watch the show. I just watched the news report on it. I must say, i laughed alot...and when i saw the commercial earlier today while at my friend Heather's house, myself and everyone else there almost spit up their pizza laughing!

Sayara
Jan 22, 2005, 12:25 AM
Man... cartoons arent supposed to have such complex things in them.

Unless the director wanted it.

Spongebob is just your happy go lucky sponge with a starfish best friend. Cant a man have a man as a best friend!? >>

Zelutos
Jan 22, 2005, 12:30 AM
i tend to ask myself the same question...mainly because people are always making fun of me! *points accusingly*

Sayara
Jan 22, 2005, 12:35 AM
People need to seriously get lives if they go OMGLOLZBBQISTHISYAOI to Spongebob Cartoon.

Eihwaz
Jan 22, 2005, 01:16 AM
This is almost as bad as that retarded guy who though Teletubbies had a gay agenda. >_>

Sayara
Jan 22, 2005, 01:21 AM
You mean mr Purple Tubbie with his Purse? OMGLOL >>

Zelutos
Jan 22, 2005, 01:51 AM
Hey Wazzy.....Spong Bob stole your red box o.o *jumps for cover in an ocean of some sort*

SpikeOtacon
Jan 22, 2005, 08:57 AM
I heard about this on the news. It isn't just spongebob, either. It's like every child cartoon character thrown in there. What's funny is that most children wouldn't give half a rats ass if Patrick and Spongebob were buttbuddies or not, yet someone felt the need to go the extra mile and make a cartoon of it.

Fetish, anyone?

EDIT: If you don't know what i'm talking about, there's a video that Zel is referring to (at least I think he is) called 'We are Family', containing characters from all sides of the Childrens show spectrum, engaging in Homosexual activities or heavily implying it. It's supposed to be freely distributed at several churches and somewhere online as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpikeOtacon on 2005-01-22 06:00 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
Jan 22, 2005, 10:10 AM
Ah, this sounds like 'Semiotics' in action.

Semi-what? Its a lame theory on what people can see when looking at something and analysing its meaning, and it normally always ends up relating to sex.

Did you know that the Alien chest bursters from 'Alien' have a semiotic relationship with the penis? Vampires have semiotic symbolism with penatration through their biting of their victim.

The thing is semiotics can be applied to everything. My best example was Megatron from Transformers. He is the symbolism of male dominance as he has a warlike nature and wants to rule over everyone else as he thinks he is superior. The massive canon on his arm is just more symbolism for the penis.

*starts to get the wierd looks*

We had to cover this in one of my lessons at Uni, so we know what people will really be seeing in the work we produce. Even if its not a deliberate act (Im positive Takara and Hasbro werent seeing Megatrons canon as a penis), people may still be able to see something in it.

So basically some morons gone 'Hey look, theres two cartoon characters who are best friends. They're awefully close, i wonder if theres some homoerotic symbolism in there'.

I hate semiotics, its lame.

Outrider
Jan 22, 2005, 12:42 PM
My personal favorite was when I read an article that had a feminist claiming it wasn't fair that phallic images were present in objects such as missiles.

Then how else are we supposed to shape them? They're missiles. They're aero-dynamic that way. That equal good for them.

Split
Jan 22, 2005, 02:23 PM
The people in the christian conservative group that suggested this are fucked and should all be shot. IT"S A DAMN CARTOON!!!!!! You cant just turn someone gay (I mean if you like women, you like women, and thats the end of it, and vice versa). I personally think the shows fucking hiarious and awesomely random, and if someone wants to try and defile this cartoon again(like the aprents of that kid who sued Nickelodeon because they never taught their fucking kid that Spongebob isnt real and even if he was you wouldnt be able to hold your breath long enough)they can kiss my ass, because its going to be futile. Even here in America, a good 60% of the population probably isnt that stupid. God damn, its almost like if peopledont have anything to complain about they make something up, and while I refuse to believe that people are that stupid, Bush's inauguration just reminded me I'm wrong. (no offense to anyone on this website)

Zarode
Jan 22, 2005, 02:41 PM
*edit by Abdur*

I know it was light hearted humor, but really, no.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2005-01-22 12:27 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Jan 22, 2005, 03:15 PM
I'd edit that picture out, Zarode.

Solstis
Jan 22, 2005, 03:20 PM
It's the damn website that asks children to pledge that they will not discriminate on basis of sex, blah blah, and sexual indentity. That is the outrage.

It is not the television show. It is not even the video. It is the website based on the video.

What's worse? The religious nutjobs or the folks that can't pay attention to a news report long enough to figure out what's going on?

[edit]: okay, a wee bit cranky.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-01-22 12:28 ]</font>

Zelutos
Jan 22, 2005, 07:18 PM
It was actually a news report on T.V. Some satallite channel. Don't remember which one.

FOAtHeart
Jan 22, 2005, 07:34 PM
Spongebob is a sea sponge.

Being a sea sponge, he is asexual. D:

Tact
Jan 22, 2005, 07:47 PM
Quote:

Can you reproduce by budding?-Spongebob

Can you?-Spongebob bud

Can you-Spongebob bud

Can you?-Spongebob bud