PDA

View Full Version : Drop rates fucked up the game

Flashlight
Jan 27, 2005, 07:00 AM
Okay... From now on...fuck the drop rates...

They arn't right...

I can give some examples:

My Yellowboze:
Hero/Ability|Ultimate|Pal Rappy|1/2(drop rate)
Ive already killed 2 and I got 2 times a freeze barrier...

and whit my Viridia:
Gae Bolg|Ultimate|Moththvert|1/1261(drop rate)

lol...Ive got 2 Gea Bolgs(from Moth's) and im sure I didn't beat the shit out of 2522 Moth's...

They just arn't right... just delete them from the item findings page because it confuses many people like me...just replace them for 'raryty rate' or something...but please delete the drop rates...

Superguppie
Jan 27, 2005, 07:19 AM
Uhh, what is this doing here? This is a rant!
The drop rates have been discussed quite a bit. Not getting a drop after 2 kills does not proove the average is not 1/2. It's not even unlikely that this happens. Plus, a single instance does not make an average.
Replacing it with rarity rate? Guess what that will be: the same numbers, with a different column title. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2005-01-27 04:20 ]</font>

PJ
Jan 27, 2005, 07:38 AM
Drop RATES, as in, at a rate of when it'll drop, not a predictable amount of enemies you have to kill to get a certain weapon. That wouldn't be any fun.

My first run in Seabed with my Redria RAcast, third Sinow dropped Ano Rifle, a 1/1015 drop.

Ryuko
Jan 27, 2005, 07:50 AM
Theres still a 1/4 chance you wont get a 1/2 drop rom 2 pal rappies. The drop rates are chances, statistics. Read the best run thread in mag/quest/sectionID for a huge debate on statistics if you like. Or one day I'll make some charts for it.

Mixfortune
Jan 27, 2005, 07:53 AM
You have about a 25% chance of failing a 1/2 rate twice in a row. It's not that uncommon to not get it after that many.

It's not like the game says "hey, the rate's 1/300, let's give it to them on their 300th enemy". It doesn't do that.

And yes, there's the obvious question. Why do rates matter at all if I could get a 1/22,000 drop rate off the first one, but then take 50 enemies just to get a 1/2? Well, that's because you're using rates the wrong way. Use them as a GUIDELINE, a general idea of how rare something is. Getting a Heaven Punisher from a Bluefull Hildetorr will, on average, take you a lot longer than getting say... a Frozen Shooter.

You can also use it for searching the best place to find something by comparing the various rates in different enemies and IDs, and where you should hunt to have a better chance of getting what you want. A Red Sword, for example, has its best drop in Skyly Caves. Sure you could go for a Redria Melqueek, but a Govulmer Skyly is better off (better chance of drop AND more Govulmers than Melqueeks usually).

I'm not saying you have to believe the ones listed are accurate, but just so everyone knows, there IS a rate for the drops in the game. That's how it tells the difference of what it should drop, be it rare or monomate. At least, take them as guidelines for general ideas of what is rarer than what. If you get something rarer in fewer tries... good for you.

SLON
Jan 27, 2005, 08:04 AM
It's a bit like saying ' I won the lottery on only my third go. Those odds of 10 million to 1 are obviously rubbish'.

Hrith
Jan 27, 2005, 08:27 AM
On 2005-01-27 05:04, SLON wrote:
It's a bit like saying ' I won the lottery on only my third go. Those odds of 10 million to 1 are obviously rubbish'.
Indeed.

This thread is very stupid...

The drop rates were taken from the game data.

Tycho
Jan 27, 2005, 09:21 AM
On 2005-01-27 05:27, Kef wrote:

This thread is very stupid...

The drop rates were taken from the game data.

Indeed. Why blame the game or guides. Try to just understand what the word 'rate' means. It helps.

Dhylec
Jan 27, 2005, 09:27 AM
drop rate aren't meant to be absolute..
it's one's 'luck' that can find a rare or not

welcome to the real world of pso.. & remember to rant in the right place <-- that is your verbal warning!

PhotonDrop
Jan 27, 2005, 03:10 PM
On 2005-01-27 06:27, Dhylec wrote:
drop rate aren't meant to be absolute..
it's one's 'luck' that can find a rare or not

welcome to the real world of pso.. & remember to rant in the right place <-- that is your verbal warning!

just to clarify thats not your LCK stat, its plain everyday luck

[/disclaimer for newer folks who might see this thread]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhotonDrop on 2005-01-27 12:13 ]</font>

HUcastShinobi
Jan 27, 2005, 08:23 PM
ya, i wanted a musashi that was a 1/22 drop, and it took my 25th try to get it, talk about annoying. (15 hours down the drain...)

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jan 27, 2005, 09:59 PM
If anything the confirmed findings should be tossed. The numbers aren't very accurate since, anybody who uses this site and finds a Sealed J Sword is going to report it. If they found 3 or 4 dragon Slayers in a Forest run they're far less likely to remember to report it.

Mixfortune
Jan 27, 2005, 10:59 PM
On 2005-01-27 18:59, ForceOfBrokenGlass wrote:
If anything the confirmed findings should be tossed. The numbers aren't very accurate since, anybody who uses this site and finds a Sealed J Sword is going to report it. If they found 3 or 4 dragon Slayers in a Forest run they're far less likely to remember to report it.

Confirmed findings were more useful back when we didn't know for certain how the drops were divided, let alone which enemy drop which item for which ID. I agree they aren't very useful anymore, since they're purpose has been done with, but some people might like looking at them...

There's also quite a bit of misleading findings from a lot of enemies in that section.

Zelutos
Jan 28, 2005, 12:34 AM
By 1/2 drop rate, it means that each rappy you kill, you have a 50% chance of getting the item you want. Now, this doesn't mean that if you don't get it the first time, that you will absolutly get it the second time. It means that for each rappy you kill, there is a 50% change of that rappy dropping it. Geeze.

DezoPenguin
Jan 28, 2005, 04:47 PM
Gah, trying to explain basic probability theory to people is somewhere between impossible and completely fragging impossible.

But then again, hey, if people actually could understand probability theory, then no one would buy state lottery tickets and the government might have to make up for the lost revenue by taxing something that I actually buy, right?

Edit: You know, I could go off on a rant of my own right about now about all the people who say that their own experience doesn't match up with the drop rates. Guess what. With the kind of drop rates we're talking about...1/900, 1/1050, 1/455, heck, even little ones like 1/213 or so, nobody has played this damn game enough that their personal experiences are statistically significant.* So stuff it. I don't care, and the collective ignorance is giving me a headache!

*Except maybe Kef. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DezoPenguin on 2005-01-28 14:05 ]</font>

digigram
Jan 31, 2005, 11:05 AM
They arn't right...

I can give some examples:

You're impatient.. get over it.. learn what chance means and get on with your life...

if you don't think i can flip a coin and have it land on tails 10 times in a row, then i don't know what to tell you. otherwise, 10 times now, no frozen shooter.

1/2 drop. hildetorr. whitill. 10 times in a row. no FS. am I cursing the drop rates... no..

I'm just unlucky.