PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 2 Already in Development?

Strider_Gren
Jul 13, 2002, 06:31 PM
Copied and pasted from Team Katana, but can be found on many more sites as well (which is most likely where they got it)

"Microsoft doesn’t appear to be out to make friends in the console arena. A newbie to the scene and already having estimated loses of $750 million from release to June 2002, the big “M” has already let rumors fly of a new console being developed. Not due until as early as 2004, the Xbox 2, sporting the code name “Freon”, is rumored to be capable of not only playing games, but also offering television capabilities, such as pausing live TV and recording shows onto a computer hard drive. The system, which has been in possible development for up to nine months, is heard to have already received the “Gates stamp of approval” and would cost approximately $500 a piece. With Sony’s new PS3 not scheduled for release until 2005, Microsoft is hoping that playing its hand early will prove to be an obvious advantage. But while the technological giant is seeking all the pieces and companies to build this new wonder machine, it is dragging its heavy black tale end in the battle of the consoles."

Well that's some S---... I didn't buy an Xbox so I'd have to buy anoter console in 2 years. I feel so screwed over. And as for "getting the jump" over other systems....*cough*dreamcast*cough*. The diffrence is that Microsoft has way more funding but still...It's gonna be left way behind when PS3 and N356 or whatever comes out. It'll have it's headstart probably till 2006, but then it'll be considered "the newest of the last generation consoles." I await the inevitable flames but this was stupid on Microsofts part if this is true. It's like they are abandoning Xbox already.

I already have an idea of who's gonna flame me, so if you are gonna flame me do so and make me feel good about my prediction skills

This is all just my opinion I'd like to share with you, but there's alot of Self-Righteous Bastards cruising these boards who can't stand other peoples opinions.

Greg
Jul 13, 2002, 06:35 PM
*cough*bullshit*cough*

You need to learn to check different sources, this new hardware has been talked about on several more reliable sites and is not a new console yet a set top xbox of sorts

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Greg on 2002-07-13 16:49 ]</font>

rbf2000
Jul 13, 2002, 06:48 PM
Microsoft won't stop support of the xbox until they have at least broken even. They didn't invest that 750 million for nothing.

Ambrai
Jul 13, 2002, 06:50 PM
Well look at fact. And the only fact you have is history. Consoles take awhile to develop, so unless your working on something new from the release of your old console, you get Nintendo Syndrome.

So it is possible, but the claims are rather exaggerated.

Strider_Gren
Jul 13, 2002, 07:06 PM
Well I'm right so far, greg replied....and fast too...

Strider_Gren
Jul 13, 2002, 07:17 PM
On 2002-07-13 16:35, Greg wrote:
*cough*bullshit*cough*

You need to learn to check different sources, this new hardware has been talked about on several more reliable sites and is not a new console yet a set top xbox of sorts

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Greg on 2002-07-13 16:49 ]</font>

you happen to be right about the source thing this time. I'm going up there right now and I' gonna tell them they're a bunch of lying homos. And they'll beleive me too because I'm special that way.

Rylios
Jul 13, 2002, 07:37 PM
I agree with greg
its all Bs
Xbox isn't doing all to good and for them to make a decision like that Hmmmmmmm sounds like a rumor.. could be wrong though

Dangerous55
Jul 13, 2002, 07:53 PM
There will prolly be an X-Box 2 but in 2004? I doubt it, the PS3 prolly wont make it out in 2005.

Greg
Jul 13, 2002, 08:26 PM
On 2002-07-13 17:06, Strider_Gren wrote:
Well I'm right so far, greg replied....and fast too...

Yeah, I tend to reply to bullshit topics. There will be no new xbox platform by 2004.

Dabra
Jul 13, 2002, 11:28 PM
Probably some other flagship industry is making the thing...like microsoft and its main team on xbox, and some other subdivision on that other rumour...just an opinion that might be a tootsey on the imaginative side..

Wren
Jul 15, 2002, 12:37 AM
only peeps dat use dat XBOX are 1227 N00b5 and de 5UX0125

UltraVixen1982
Jul 15, 2002, 01:09 AM
greg why are you so mean to everyone?

ABDUR101
Jul 15, 2002, 01:17 AM
On 2002-07-14 23:09, UltraVixen1982 wrote:
greg why are you so mean to everyone?

He was born with a dild..oh..err...he's a republican ^_^