PDA

View Full Version : oh come on!

PhotonDrop
Feb 5, 2005, 11:41 PM
things have been getting out of hand recently...

My friend has had a crappy life, when she comes onto IRC I say hello, and ask her how her day went, if she says it was bad I ask why then try my very best to make her feel better... I worry my head off if she disappears for more than a day unannounced.

Recently she has become creepy, like if we're on PSO and talking through mail she may randomly bring up that I "ignore her", since when?! I answer each little mail! >.<

Or maybe say... she leaves the lobby? I apparently don't care for her if I don't say anything about it... Why should it matter? we keep in touch through the damn mail!

I try my best to make her feel loved every day, but when she turns into her depressing attitude its like she ignores everything I do for her...

and just a few minutes ago she was complaining of not being able to breathe so she was going to go get help, but no as soon as I say she should she does a 360 and doesnt want to anymore... so she's sitting across a whole fucking country from me choking, and the best thing I can do is say "Please go get help!"

I ask people on irc for help and when I tell her what they said she gets pissy at me and says "good bye for real"

thats fucking great, I try to help my best friend and she leaves me for good...

I'm fucking sick of all of this, why must I cry because someone expects more than what I can give?

If she acts the same all day until she turns into a friggin psycho bitch, why should I ask "so how are you" more than once?

I just dont know what to do... this whole thing has me scared to death, I dont want to lose my best friend but she chooses to think that I do nothing for her, that I hate her and she's better off dead...

I am so confused, she even tells me there are things I can do to help her, why cant she tell me what they are?! No, she can't apparently "I turn into an idiot when she tries telling me" when the hell has she ever told me?! she brought it up just now!! >.<

now if you'll excuse me im going to lay down for a moment...

Sayara
Feb 5, 2005, 11:48 PM
Ok, i made a remark about not doing the whole online relationship

Anyway let your friend blow some hot air out. Maybe your friend will feel better in the morning or something. Or prehaps back off a moment and let them see what true ignoring is.

ABDUR101
Feb 5, 2005, 11:50 PM
If thats your best friend, you're better off not having any.

Sef
Feb 5, 2005, 11:55 PM
Gah. Damn it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sef on 2005-02-05 20:57 ]</font>

Kuea
Feb 5, 2005, 11:55 PM
funny... whenever I try to get help fomr someone they tell me that my relationship with you is abusive and I'm better of without you...

I can't help but be who I am... I get close to you and I stop being someone else and be myself

alot of what you said was blown out of proportion

sorry for being psycho bitch

the harder i try the bigger i mess up :/

I just screw everything up and ya can't deny that http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Orange_Coconut
Feb 5, 2005, 11:59 PM
Well, it sounds like she is truly depressed - only because selfishness goes along with that most of the time. It focuses on how people make you feel, and what you feel about yourself. As for not being able to breathe, it sounds like she was able to since she was able to type that out and get angry about you telling her to get help. (Which could mean she was having an anxiety attack or something, it feels like you can't breathe when you have one).

It's thinking about the same thing in a differet way, when one is depressed everything means something. What I mean is, it may seem to her like you ignore her, or maybe she feels that you're spending more time with other people than you do with her, or maybe she's not getting as much attention from you as she used to, I wouldn't know. But even if none of those were the case, it might feel to her like she's being ignored.

Or....

She could be craving attention, and takes pleasure in your pain and worry for her. Probably bad to relate but, I have a friend who does (well, did and still tries to do) this to me in real life at my high school.

She could totally be testing what her limits are, how far she can bend you before you snap. Also she could just want to see how you react to what she does, because she may like seeing what you do or try to do when she leaves suddenly, or claims you ignore her.

I can't really say for certain, I would think if she was truly depressed and you were her best friend that she'd be more clingy than "goodbye for real". That doesn't sound like something one who is depressed would say, at least. But I don't know, I'm just basing it on how my friend is.

But I'm really not sure, I'm sorry to hear all of this. It's really not cool when someone puts stress on another for reasons that they cause for you. I hope everything works out in the end.

RicoRoyal
Feb 6, 2005, 12:00 AM
You did your best to help. Help was not appreciated. IT IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM ANYMORE (and honestly, it never should have been). Just let it go, PD. What good are friends for if those friends take you with them when they choose to jump of a cliff? You're of no use to your nervous wreck of a friend, when you too are starting to feel the pressure. Move on with your life, and should your friend come to her senses, then so be it. If not, then just as well.

I before we, PD. I before we.

Sayara
Feb 6, 2005, 12:01 AM
On 2005-02-05 20:55, Sef wrote:

On 2005-02-05 20:48, Tingle wrote:
Or prehaps back off a moment and let them see what true ignoring is.

I agree with the rest of what you said, but this little tidbit here could make it worse. Could, mind you, could. So try it if you want. There might be a positive outcome.

PD, sounds like your "friend"(doesn't sound like she's doing too well in that department) just doesn't have her head on straight...

Edit: Well, uh still... Even if it weren't her this would stand.

Eclair, the way you describe it, sounds like you two just need to break up(can we even call it that?) and just be friends(if that's possible).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sef on 2005-02-05 20:56 ]</font>

It Depends Sef. Depends on how the "friend" is. If they crave attention saying something like "I am gonna do 'so and so and hurt myself' JUST so you drive the person ranting crazy then it would be good for the Attentioner. Think it like getting a smoker to stop their ciggerates. It'll make it worse at first, pure undying agony... yet...in the end all will get better for they actually are alive. and unreliant on smokes(attention)

or Maybe i could be wrong. Maybe this will totally destroy the relationship and everyone will mourn for the loss. Hey, thats how the cookie crumbles right?

I guess i am sounding like an ass aren't I? But things like this really really anger me.

Nisshoku
Feb 6, 2005, 12:02 AM
You know, I had this great post in mind, where I was going to tell Abdur off, explain this whole scenarion, and what I'd do in PD's position.

But due to my brain deciding to conk out because of fatigue, that's all been flushed down the shitter like yesterday's breakfast.

Anyhow, enough of this inane gibberish from me. Carry on with yourselves.

ABDUR101
Feb 6, 2005, 12:04 AM
ah, heh, well if I knew this was between you two I'd of locked it right away.

Due to how these kinds of things have panned out in the past, lets keep it off the forums.