PDA

View Full Version : My Housemates (part 3 or 4? I forget)

Kizaragu
Feb 6, 2005, 05:47 AM
After months being unhappy with my Housemates (See past topics) I've finally got off my ass and moved out. So strictly speaking they are now my Ex-Housemates.
After weeks of torment and sheer lack of privacy (They've broke into my room TWICE and let complete strangers sleep in my room, in my bed) I've had enough.
The main reason I left though is due to my finances but that's not what this topic is about...

I told them Wednesday Night I was leaving. They took it suprisingly well and I didn't have to worry about leaving them in the shit due to several other possible housemates now having a chance to move in.
I told them that obviousely I can't move out straight away (because of work) so It would have to be a slow(ish) process over a week or two.

Friday night I stayed at my mum's (20 miles away) telling the guys I'd be back Saturday morning to start moving some of my stuff out.
I get a phone call 9.30 in the night telling me is it ok if they move all my worldly posessions out of my room as they're new flatmate is coming round with all his stuff as they have Nowhere to put it.

What the fuck!?

I said 'No' quite understandably (As I can't trust these people to stay out of my locked room for 2 days, let alone allow them to go through everything I own and put it god knows where) and my housemate starts having a hissy fit telling me where the hell are they going to put the new guys stuff!

I hadn't even moved out yet, I'd only told them 2 days prior I was going to!
I was given no warning.
Where are you going to put his stuff you say? Where the fuck are you going to put mine!?
What gives you the right to move and invade my personal privacy for one night when I'm not even there? It might sound a little odd, but I'd kind of like to be there when I move MYSELF out.
I've also paid a month in advance and despite not really having to go till the END of the month I was doing you a favour by leaving earlier!
I left for ONE night for gods sake and the new housemate is not in THAT bad a situation to move in so soon and Ecspecially at Half 9 at night when the previouse flatmate isn't there or even moved out yet!

Needless to say none of us are talking at the moment and I understand to some degree why they want to move quickly.
What I object to is being told late at night (The one night I'm away) that they're moving me out (and in that respect going through my stuff when I don't trust them) and not really understanding why I'm a little upset about it.
"Where are we goiung to put his stuff" indeed. What Morons!

I'm glad I've left and I've got most of my stuff out yesterday but it was no easy feat. We've hired a van to get rid of the big stuff Monday.
I'm sad I'm back home with my parents (As I can't stand the arguing) but it'll help my financial situation at least.

Sorry to go on, but it's been a needlessly stressful last couple of days! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Deathscythealpha
Feb 6, 2005, 09:52 AM
Man, I cant believe how asshole-tastic they are actually being. It sounds like theyve been planning on moving someone else in for awhile now, but I say fuck em now. Take as much time as you like to move out, dawdle about the place. Leave stuff in really awkward places. And when you're finally leaving, take a dump and dont flush!

And hey, im back there end of March, so its time for me to start giving them extreme grief again, mwahahahahahahahaha!

Sagasu
Feb 6, 2005, 09:14 PM
You've really got to stop sorrounding yourself with compelling idiots.

Kizaragu
Feb 8, 2005, 03:13 PM
On 2005-02-06 06:52, Deathscythealpha wrote:
Take as much time as you like to move out, dawdle about the place. Leave stuff in really awkward places. And when you're finally leaving, take a dump and dont flush!

A good idea or two there, but after all the crap that's happened I just wanted to leave as soon as I could.

UPDATE:
I discovered on monday when we hired a van to collect my big furniture, The belongings of the new flatmate (the main reason they were soooo desperate to have me move out friday due to lack of space) hasn't even bought any of his furniture to the house yet!?
His room was empty and only had my bed in there nothing else, that he was happilly sleeping in.
This just pisses me off even more. What was the hurry to have me move out 9.30pm at night when 3 days later his stuff still hasn't arrived? There was no need for the argument or abuse of my trust at all.
DICKHEADS.

hollowtip
Feb 8, 2005, 03:35 PM
Yeah, they sound like dickheads. I don't see how they can expect you to comply with what they want when they give you a spur of the moment notice. Those guys just sound extremely irresponsible and inconsiderate.

Are you the same guy that was having issues with them being selfish with your game system? I can't remember.

I could understand if it was a month or two and you hadn't paid rent, but that's bullshit. Maybe you should have gotten a deadbolt on your door.

Well at least, you're out of that situation now. I had items out of my apartment stolen, and to be honest man, these guys don't sound to far off from thieves.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2005-02-08 12:35 ]</font>

Daikarin
Feb 8, 2005, 03:46 PM
Way to go. I know you didn't leave due to their numbskullery, but it was about damn time. Better off alone than with bad company, right? Or something.

Also, don't feel bad about moving in back with your parents. I'm not ashamed to say I miss my family.

Deathscythealpha
Feb 8, 2005, 04:57 PM
On 2005-02-08 12:35, hollowtip wrote:

Are you the same guy that was having issues with them being selfish with your game system? I can't remember.

Nah, that was me.

I hope you told them to go fuck 'emselves Kiz as you left. Definately dickheads.

Hrigg
Feb 8, 2005, 09:30 PM
I bet your happy to be away from those idiots. It must be nice to have no idiots around now, isn't it? Well, all I can say is I would be angry too if some new roommate was happily sleeping in your bed. Oh, well, enjoy being away from them.

Jehosaphaty
Feb 8, 2005, 11:31 PM
wow. they let random people sleep in your bed. i couldnt stand that part alone; my bed is just that-mine. ugh i cant imagine, good luck i say.

Kizaragu
Feb 9, 2005, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the words of encouragement folks I feel a bit better because of it. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

On 2005-02-08 12:35, hollowtip wrote:
Maybe you should have gotten a deadbolt on your door.

That's the thing, I did. They kicked it in twice. When I confronted them about it they replied sarcastically "We wanted to perform a ritual in there and wear green leaved skirts!"
"Very funny" I replied (Then repeating myself) "But what was the need to break into my room so desperately?" and I didn't get a single decent reply.

Fuck 'em all I say! good riddance to them. And to have the last laugh, my parents provided a lot of furniture to that house for us and they were going to let them keep it free of charge. But because of all the shit that's happened we'll have to come to some agreement.