PDA

View Full Version : Grawr!

Eihwaz
Feb 18, 2005, 02:16 AM
Argh!

A few days ago, I started downloading the first episode of FLCL just for shits and giggles. I got bored with waiting, so I cancelled the download. I now cannot seem to get rid of the 85 megabyte incomplete .avi file. T_T Exiting out all programs: no good. Safe mode: no good.

Must delete! >_<; Can someone suggest a way to rid myself of this obnoxious file?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2005-02-17 23:17 ]</font>

_Ted_
Feb 18, 2005, 03:11 AM
You should probably just reformat. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Have you tried just emptying the folder that the file resides in and just deleting the folder?

Crystal_Shard
Feb 18, 2005, 03:59 AM
Try this. Open any video playing program (Media Player for example.) Select open from the file menu and try to delete it there.

I have problems like that if I have an incomplete download sometimes.

KodiaX987
Feb 18, 2005, 06:37 AM
If it says the "file is in use or you need more disk space" or something like that, simply reboot and try again.

BrokenHope
Feb 18, 2005, 07:46 AM
if you are any good at navigating folders using command prompt, you could just open the command prompt, then load up task manager and end process on the explorer.exe process, which should remove most of your desktop, but also remove the lock on the avi file and allow you to delete it using the command prompt.

Eihwaz
Feb 18, 2005, 11:38 AM
Ted, I would do that, but the folder the errant file is in contains literally ALL of my stuff, including My Music (which is, of course, over 3 gigs).

And when I tried opening it both Windows Media Player and Real Player, it said it couldn't play that type of video. Bullshit, it's .AVI. -_-;

Link00seven
Feb 21, 2005, 03:55 PM
I forget what program I used, but it was a program that forced files to delete regardless...

Do a search for those deletion programs on Google.