PDA

View Full Version : Your biggest "I'm so screwed" video game moments?

Tact
Feb 21, 2005, 06:44 PM
Were there any things that happened in a video game that made you think "Oh, I'm dead", and you just knew you'd die? Here's one of mine:

I'm taking my FOnewearl through Hard Mines, when I kill a Canune. The remaining 8 or 9 Canadines spiral out of control, and, by a stroke of bad luck on my part, I get surrounded. BOOM. You can guess what happened next.

Scrub
Feb 21, 2005, 06:46 PM
Blowing your opponent apart in Halo 2 with a shotgun only to realize his last act was to stick you in the face with a Plasma.

Tact
Feb 21, 2005, 06:49 PM
On 2005-02-21 15:46, GreyPhantasm wrote:
Blowing your opponent apart in Halo 2 with a shotgun only to realize his last act was to stick you in the face with a Plasma.

Ooh, ouch. BSOD, anybody?

RicoRoyal
Feb 21, 2005, 06:50 PM
Chrono Trigger.

Being amazingly underleveled, I somehow make it to Lavos' final form. He uses the attack where a rock bigger than the fuggin' screen gets dropped on the characters below. As soon as I saw the rock, I knew I was in for one hell of hurting.

Final Fantasy VII.

Ruby Weapon. First time fighting it. All three characters get turned to frogs. What more could I do but utter "...shit"
*turns off ps1*

Scrub
Feb 21, 2005, 06:51 PM
Stuck in a small room in CS with less than 10 health left and have a flashbang fly in the room. =|

Hearing the "BEEP BEEP BEEP" of a mine in Pandora Tomorrow as you start to neutralize the ND133. =|

Be playing any online game and see "Grey Phantasm has joined the game."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GreyPhantasm on 2005-02-21 15:52 ]</font>

Tact
Feb 21, 2005, 06:53 PM
I remember one time in Star Wars: Battlefront, when I was capturing a command post, when, all of a sudden, 5 enemies spawn at that same command post. Some laserfire later, my corpse is laying there, dead.

TheOneHero
Feb 21, 2005, 07:06 PM
My first time fighting Sephiroth back on FF7.

I had been beating his ass with Knights of the Round Table.

Vincet gets hurt real bad so I have Tifa use and Elixer on him. Sephy confuses her, Tifa uses the elixer on Sephy. Sephiroth is healed 9999 HP, I yell at Tifa, "oh you little bitch!"

Next move:

Cloud uses Omi-Slash and kills Sephy. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2005-02-21 16:08 ]</font>

Shadowpawn
Feb 21, 2005, 07:07 PM
Legend of Zelda:Link to the Past.

Making it to the final dungeon of the Dark World and having the battery run out on me on my GBA. Plug in the adapter and turn it back on to find out that I haven't saved since the third dungeon in the Light World.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif X 10

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2005-02-21 16:08 ]</font>

Tact
Feb 21, 2005, 07:17 PM
Oh, man. I've had that happen with the Water Temple...got halfway through, turned the game off, then cursed as I remember I forgot to save.

My Next Moment: Fighting Abyssion in ToS. I was playing as Lloyd, and I died. I set somebody to use a Life Bottle on me, and I get up, only to get struck down again. This happened countless times.

Logical2u
Feb 21, 2005, 07:19 PM
Recent moments: Mercenaries (Xbox)
Running around in a Hummer. Run into a bunch of allies and chinese fighting a NK tank brigade.

"Oh crap!"
I hijack their tank and blow up the rest of their stuff... then everyone starts shooting at me for no reason.

"Reload!"

Lone Wolf: Mechassualt:
"Look out! A giant spider robot that can kill you in two hits if you are stupid!"

".... ****..."
I actually ended up killing it though.

Not so recent.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.
One of the easier missions, agaisnt Llendar. I had Marche 5 levels higher than him. I had read that he was invincable... but I assumed it meant had really high defense.

Double Sword with a fighter...

Percenage: 100%.
DMG: 0.

"WTH? Err... I should be instantly killing him."

Still made it.

TheOneHero
Feb 21, 2005, 07:25 PM
Halo 1 CTF:

I got the flag, was just about to enter my base when I was blown up. Flag drops down to the very bottom. (Hang 'em High) Just about to pick it up again it disappers. u.u

Halo 1 Invasion: Tied at 2 points, game ends at 3.

I had the flag just at enemy base. Their flag was gone so I thought I couldn't score. I ran around hiding while my teammates tried to get the enemy flag to return.

*Blue team, score. Game over.*

"Oh shit! They said they had, 'flag at home to score' on!"

Tact
Feb 21, 2005, 07:44 PM
Llednar? I beat his ass! And stole his weapons!

Here's an almost moment:

Soul Calibur II: King's Chamber, Ice variation

Link vs. Sophitia

Well, about 5 seconds into the fight, I'm forced back to the edge. I attempt my last-resort Arm Twist throw to get her off the edge. She combos me, a running combo, then hits me up in the air. She couldn't stop. She goes over the edge, falls, and I get the win. Then I fall. I got so lucky.

Wyndham
Feb 21, 2005, 09:35 PM
level 30, facing Falz on Hard mode with my HUmar in DC version.
my weapon was a photon claw. I survived though.

Dek
Feb 21, 2005, 10:24 PM
Game: Star Wars Battlefront (yes, it's good for those who want to know)

Planet Hoth. It was me vs. 5 more guys. I was one of the final members of the Rebel alliance. The storm troops were throwning Detonators at me and I somehow not only managed to stay alive, but I also managed to kill them all as well...

anwserman
Feb 21, 2005, 11:54 PM
Getting all 180 emblems in Sonic Adventure 2.

Then starting up to play some two player mode like a year later only to remember I deleted the file on accident. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Or better yet, getting my ass owned in the Chao Races. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Solstis
Feb 22, 2005, 12:10 AM
Me: Halo 1

Place: Library

Mode: Easy (have to start somewhere)

Weapon: Plasma Pistol.

Enemies: Flood.

Nearby Weapons: None.

Grenades: None. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I have countless Call of Duty stories, but I'll save them for later.

Actually...

Search and Destroy. Sniper Rifle. One Grenade. No pistol ammo. 4 opponents.

*cooks nade*

*blows up himself and two enemies*

*job well done*

Outrider
Feb 22, 2005, 01:03 AM
On 2005-02-21 21:10, Solstis wrote:
Me: Halo 1

Place: Library

That's all you need to say.

Ugh.

derBauer
Feb 22, 2005, 01:12 AM
#1 was when i got some bullshit message that my game didn't save right and items may be lost, to find out that yes, my items were lost.
#2 I was playing Police Quest on a friends computer and he only gave me one save slot because him and his brothers used other ones. I was driving to the final hotel and wrecked *which kills you* and hit the save key at the same time. When I reloaded it was right in time to drive into a wall and die. That sucked.

Skorpius
Feb 22, 2005, 01:19 AM
People Dead Branching in Prontera on Ragnorok Online while I use my lower level character. ;[

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-02-21 22:20 ]</font>

Kizaragu
Feb 22, 2005, 06:54 AM
Replaying FF7 and saving over the wrong file. And by wrong file, I mean ultimate file.

I cried.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kizaragu on 2005-02-22 03:54 ]</font>

Hrith
Feb 22, 2005, 07:18 AM
Easy... in PSO, having a high Lv char and seeing 16 Baranz missiles.

Or against wall, and a Recon flies down -_-

Challenge mode, 1c1, room before Dragon floor, 2 Hildeblues appear >_>
The 3 Japanese players say "w" and disconnect <_<

VF4 Evolution, first time in Arcade F, opponent is "Chibita"

TimeSplitters 2, first time I do the Siberia in Hard, arrives at the top of the dam with 1/10 health :s

Metroid Prime... Omega Pirate...

Scrub
Feb 22, 2005, 10:04 AM
On 2005-02-21 22:19, Skorpius wrote:
People Dead Branching in Prontera on Ragnorok Online while I use my lower level character. ;[

T_T I know that feeling.

Heheheh ever use a dead branch yourself and leave the game only to come back a few hours later to see the monster still running amuck?>___>;;;

Mixfortune
Feb 22, 2005, 10:33 AM
My Shining Force cartridges (Shining Force I and Shining Force II) randomly deleting files due to a dying cartridge battery.

-Z
Feb 22, 2005, 11:27 AM
donkey cong country:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/omgwtf/screwed.gif

splinter cell:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/omgwtf/spliner2.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/omgwtf/splinter3.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/omgwtf/splinter4.gif

space_butler
Feb 22, 2005, 12:06 PM
reisdent evil 4, no sniper ammo left and going down in the cablecar...by the time i het the bottom i had no health at all and theres a boss there...took me 30 attempts to take the fucker

Anubis_
Feb 22, 2005, 12:21 PM
This One was a little different, I thought I was gonna die, but i didn't i pulled through at the end, amazingly..

I was playing X-men Legends. and on the very last level, were ure in the gravitron control room and all the sentinels rush in to slaughter your team.

All of my health packs were gone, and eversingle x-men with the exception of two were dead. Jean Gray and Emma Frost.

You don't have to be an xmen buff to know you don't go fighting robots with telepaths..

Any way mastermold was the only one i had leaft to defeat and he has like a hairline of health left and some how he got stuck behind a pilar, and while i was playing with jean i flew up in the air and kicked him like 30 times in a row and he died..

I won,, yeah, but with every x man dead and jean and emma frost beat into bloody pulp on the floor. You really cant call it a victory.

KaFKa
Feb 22, 2005, 12:47 PM
all-time "oh shit" moment ever: Having my girlfriend (at the time) say "im pregnant"

all-time "oh shit" moment in a game: (CS) 32 health in a last round CAL scrim all by myself guarding the bomb, and a flash and frag nades fly for my face.

most recent "oh shit" moment: running away from a pack of rabid level 50+ zombies only to find myself face to face with an uberelite lich of doom in WoW.

fun times, fun times.

Neith
Feb 22, 2005, 12:48 PM
Halo 2- pounding into someone with battle rifle, running head first at them, then noticing they're lunging forward with the Energy Sword. Shat.

Kizaragu
Feb 22, 2005, 02:28 PM
http://www.auctionimagehosting.co.uk/uploads/8aa6a174c3.jpg

Nai_Calus
Feb 22, 2005, 02:44 PM
Final Fantasy VII. Emerald Weapon.

Pwning him with my combo o' cheese(Cloud, Knights of the Round linked to HP Absorb, W-summon, Mime, you figure it out). He starts dying. Turning red, disappearing... Time runs out just as he dies.

Fuck.

...So I went, actually USED the Underwater materia that time, and killed him again. Fucker.

HUcastShinobi
Feb 22, 2005, 02:53 PM
Super Smash Bros. Melee:

Me and My Friend Were Marth (Me) & Roy and we were up against lvl 9 Link & Young Link, and he lost his lives, Link had 3 lives, Young Link 2, and me 1. I got rid of Young Link, and Link down to his last life and about 250% of damage, and then i tried jumping to hack him, he quickly pulls a vetical down stab and kills me, talk about almost uber skills gone to shame...

Scrub
Feb 22, 2005, 03:15 PM
http://i.somethingawful.com/inserts/articlepics/photoshop/12-31-04-antidrug/JabbaDegrassi.jpg

HUcastShinobi
Feb 22, 2005, 03:20 PM
HAHA! Never got into that problem...

Solstis
Feb 22, 2005, 03:21 PM
He still has a mushroom in reserve. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Outrider
Feb 22, 2005, 03:28 PM
On 2005-02-22 12:21, Solstis wrote:
He still has a mushroom in reserve. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

And he could also probably turn around and run away just in time.

Not that bad a situation.

HOWEVER,

I just remembered my own bad gaming situation that I may have posted about before, but whatever.

Last year, I had this idea that I would play through all the Resident Evil games in chronological order before RE4 came out. So I had done 0 and REmake over the summer, and I had already beaten the first half of RE3. So I'm playing through RE2 with Claire on her A mixed game with the unlimited ammo on the uber weapons. (I was really just going through to refresh myself with the situations and storyline, not so much to play through them again. That's for a later date.) So I had saved very early on, but as anybody knows, the newbie mode is mad easy, and I didn't save again. So I get to William G4 and I'm fighting him. He hits me a bit, and I'm about to die, but I also realize that he should only take one more rocket to kill, so I opt to attack him instead of healing. I blast him before he gets a chance to hit me... and he doesn't die. He hits me while I'm stuck in the recoil and I die, with no closer save-point than somewhere early in the RPD, and an entire evening wasted.

Damn me and my cockiness. That's what I get for trying to play through it on easy.

Tact
Feb 22, 2005, 03:28 PM
On 2005-02-22 12:21, Solstis wrote:

Plus, he's big. He'll just get tiny when that big-as-shit Bullet Bill plows into him.

Scrub
Feb 22, 2005, 03:37 PM
See Zi's picture in Donkey Kong Country?>_> I was Diddy.

Tact
Feb 22, 2005, 03:38 PM
On 2005-02-22 12:37, GreyPhantasm wrote:
See Zi's picture in Donkey Kong Country?>_> I was Diddy.

And you died too. Great.

When I used to play Runescape, I got attacked by around 3 level 15 Dark Wizards at once...

Garm
Feb 22, 2005, 03:52 PM
First time De Rol Le ever, multi mode. I'm lvl 15 (I was soo 1337!) my friend lvl 10. We both had hard times staying alive. He lost his armor on most parts. we were happy since this looked good and we even had some mates left. A friend calls... asking what we had to learn, wich I didn't know, but he wouldn't believe me and he just kept on calling <.< Never been in real shit moment I can remember or maby that time when I was about to format my mem card <.>