PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on classes...

DezoPenguin
Feb 26, 2005, 08:47 AM
Blame the HUmar thread for this one. I'd like to know your opinion of the power and playability of the various classes. Mind you, I'm speaking in terms of overall statistical ability, NOT appearance (if you can't take your eyes off a HUnewearl's butt, or you think FOmar dresses are really pretty, that's relevant to your personal selection but not what I'm asking about).

Please feel free to take into account online and offline (hey, give two separate lists if you feel the need!), the level of skill necessary to make a character playable, how easy it is to find specific items needed by a class, and similar factors.

And my personal assessments, heavily weighted by the fact I haven't been online since DC and I really suck at playing a Hunter:

1. RAmarl
2. HUnewearl
3. FOnewearl
4. RAcast
5. HUcast
6. FOnewm
7. RAmar
8. FOmar
9. HUmar
10. HUcaseal
11. FOmarl (yeah, that would change for heavy onliners, I know)
12. RAcaseal

Neith
Feb 26, 2005, 12:49 PM
OK, I warn you, I havent played enough of some characters, but here's my list anyway. This is just from my personal experiences with each class I have had.

1.HUnewearl- May have least HP of HU's, but enough MST to keep her outta danger, full use of J/Z/S/D, up to Anti 7. Combine good DFP with lv20 Jellen and Deband, and a lot of enemies cant hurt you later on. Only bad side with them is other players online tryin to hit on you (pleugh),and the need for DEX on a mag, as ive noticed HUney's can suffer a lot with accuracy.
2.HUcast- Absolute powerhouse, loadsa HP, but low ATA.
3.FOmar- Good all rounder FO,ability to melee if needed, but shocking DFP.
4.FOnewearl- Hardly any HP, but enough TP and MST to nuke anything http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Also, basic tech boost kicks ass.
5.HUcaseal- Totally kick-ass ATA,EVP and HP recovery, but pretty weak DFP for a HU. Also, best dagger animation.
6.RAmarl- Keep enemies at bay, lv20 techs, but not much HP really.
7.HUmar- All rounder, but has ability to dish out damage and take it back to a certain extent. Also, no S/D.
8.RAcast- Good ATP, HP, but the game can be a little harder with a droid.
9.RAmar- Average stats, but amazing ATA. Too balanced for my liking.
10.FOmarl-Same reasons as FOmar really, but better MST I believe. Same shockin DFP and the lower HP of a female could lead to problems.
11.FOnewm- Yes, they're good, but low HP, and unfortunately, cast faster unarmed,which is annoying when you have a MST increasing weapon.
12.RAcaseal- Hardest character to offline with, weak ATP, no techs, not great HP. Can be useful online though.

That's how id rate the classes as from my playing experience of each.

Hrith
Feb 26, 2005, 02:12 PM
I find it funny that some people pretend HUcast has low ATA, but human forces are good at meleeing http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Or that FOnewearl has crappy HP, while FOmar has less for 180 levels http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Well, I guess I can try...

1- RAmarl: can do everything, and do it well, can use the best weapons in the game, proficient with techniques, best solo char, average HP, high DFP, very high ATA, best EVP.

2- HUcast: 1639 ATP, other hunters pale in comparison. Average ATA, but excellent DFP and HP, and the best trap growth -- the God hunter.

3- FOnewearl: scorches offline mode, best support char, what a force is supposed to be. Megid > Ep2.

4- RAcast: a ranger that has hunter-like ATP can only be good.

5- HUnewearl: arguably best offline hunter (HUcast if you really like traps instead of techs), proficient with techniques. Average HP and ATA but has very good DFP, MST and EVP. Her ghetto FO abilities make up for her lack of efficiency in a team in tough areas.

6- FOnewm: Excellent offline, but not better than FOnewearl, falls behind her because of lack of support capacities. His average melee skills are worthwhile thanks to his 2nd best ATA of the FO class. Also 2nd best MST.

7- RAcaseal: Weak and no techs, her highest DFP is a waste, she is not a melee char. Her strong points are her HP and weapons she can use.

8- FOmar: Surprising char... excels in nothing, has lousy HP and DFP, average supporter too, and worst ATA of the game, yet can... surprise you. Not a bad tech caster.

9- HUcaseal: HUcast-- or RAcast-- up to you. She has excellent ATA for a hunter at higher levels, but it will never make up for her lack of ATP. EVP is not very useful when meleeing, and her DFP and HP are barely above average. Crappy trap growth.

10- FOmarl: Has good stats but uber crappy animations with over 80% of the weapons she can use. Good supporter thanks to double Resta, Anti, Shifta and Deband range, but low MST for a force. Best HP and DFP of the forces, but her animations along with her ATA kill her.

11- RAmar: Good char, but... anything he can do, RAmarl does better, so why bother ?

12- HUmar: Simply sucks, barely average at soloing and is more a deadweight than anything to a team, balanced stats, balanced grwoth, bleh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2005-02-26 11:14 ]</font>

PJ
Feb 26, 2005, 02:40 PM
I don't tihnk you can compare, say, a Force character to a Hunter character. You'd probably have to compare them within their classes. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rangers (Cause they're my least favourite)

RAcast - Assuming you have support, then they are definately the best RA. As Kef mentioned, a Ranger as strong as a hunter, plus using all the cheap Ranger equipment (Frozen Shooter, Shots, etc.) = owned. Not horrible stat growth either.

I actually haven't played RAmar/RAcaseal enough to be able to point out strengths/weaknesses, but anyone who knows me knows I hate RAmarls http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Crappy stat growths, and with a Force on the team, what's the point of a weak Ranger with crappy animations? >_>;;; Obviously, alone with her support techniques she is great compared to others, but really. (I don't like the female melee weapon animations, but I KNOW everyone else loves them. Don't tear me apart for calling them crappy)

Hunters

HUmars are ok at solo, purely due to their decent stats and J/Z. But, of course, they can't solo aswell as RAmarls/HUnewearls. Again, most of my points come from... well, when don't you want a Force on your team? >_> Second highest ATP (I think), good ATA.

HUcasts are probably my favourite hunters though, since of course they've got massive power. And, seriously, ATA is not a problem.

HUnewearls points, like RAmarls, are completely obliterated by having a Force on the team. (Yet why do I enjoy playing her, I have no clue. I'm weird that way)

HUcaseals are ok, I find them to be decent statted like HUmars, with nothing exceptionally high/low.

Forces

FOmars have bad ATA (The worst, to be exact), and the second worst MST of the Forces. The plus side? Doubled Shifta/Deband range, very nice ATP (1002, which does some very decent damage). And ATA REALLY isn't a huge problem if you have it high enough. Yes, FOmar's ATA is fine even not at max >_>

FOnewms are more fun offline then they are online, purely because then you can tech spam http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (Dedicated to you Kef http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif ). But seriously, they get a boost in RA techniques, which is all good, but then if you DO spam, you're damage cancelling. (More props to Kef http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif ). No support boosts.

FOmarls I think are just worse than FOmars in everyway, but on the plus side, they're cute http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif And have Resta range atleast http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

FOnewearls are nice. Since they get a boost in simple techs, you'll be inclined to use those, since you can focus on a different enemy then whoever you're working with. But they really can't melee. Really >_> (And don't tell me not to melee when I'm playing Sarah http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

Skorpius
Feb 26, 2005, 03:19 PM
Opinions on classes...

HUmar - 3
I dislike all male characters, with two exceptions. HUmar is one of them. My frist character, remade serveral times due to corruption / HL problems / not liking his height. Can't really go wrong with HUmars.

HUnewearl - 3
Eh, can't say much. Love / Hate relationship with these babes. Some look good, some look bad, they have shit stats, but I still end up playing my HUne anyway. I guess it's because I prefer non-droid female characters over the rest, mainly due to their equipment options.

HUcast - 5
Never liked them. Not my style.

HUcaseal - 3
I like them, but HU-droids are boring. Not much to say here, except that she was owning ult faster than any other character of mine when they were her level. When I first made my HUcaseal, she got to ult quickly, at level 60 (standard for me, but I went through offline in a day, which isn;t standard for me). Owning Ultimate without that many MISSes, I fell in love, but after I recreated her ID (from Viridia to Whitill, don't ask), I quickly became bored of Hunters.

RAmar - 5
Ew. :l .. XD I find RAmars weak and lacking in options. I really don;t understand the reasoning behind stacking ATA on ATA (As opposed to ATP on ATA like RAcasts, which I find a little better, after playing with the other Rangers).

RAmarl - 2
Yum. HUmarl.. >.>; I have yet to test ranged combat with my RAmarl. She's two years old, and I did use r guns before, but that was pre ult and I found it boring D: Now that I like it again, I might test it out. Supportive techs are nice, equipment options are nicer (Umbrella, anyone? XP), and, the only place they lack, for me, is their options for decent outfits and hair styles. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

RAcast - 3
Fun. The other Male exception. Because of Matriel, I love Rifles now, and Ranger tactics fit just fine with droids. HUcaseal-like stats makes me like him even more, along with his cool pwn look, and awesomeness appeal. Shame, though.. Male Bots get the shit end of the stick when it comes to equips, but all is well, I play for looks on this guy, so it isn;t all too much of a problem when you're using a Ring and Guard Wave for your final equipment XD

RAcaseal - 4
Cute, but extremely boring. Online is yay, offline is ick. Weak as Hell until you get some levels / God/Powers. Got mine to just under 100 and quit for the RAcast.

FOmar - 4
I never got one passed level 30. I have a new one now, that I might level soon. I've become attached to him, so I will probably work on him. Plays similar to FOmarl, with a tad bit more options on the offensive side, but loose because they're male.

FOmarl - 1
Best character in the game. XP I love FOmarls for looks, and style. Defensive options are great, but they lack offensive options in terms of animations and technique boosts. They are slow, but can be overcome, but it isn;t like it really matters since you're the force and you'll probably not be able to hit anything after Jellen and Zelure. No teching options at all, outside of Grants, but there's a reason why FOnewms were created. Their weaknesses aren't much of a matter, since they won't be exploited at all. The reason why I like them over FOmars is because of equipment options, Resta range, and they look better in a dress.

FOnewm - 4
Never played with one, but I want to. I started one, but corrupted. The idea of Fonewm tickles my tummy, and I hope that, someday, I'll have the balls to make one and stick with it. Nuking looks fun, but people complain about the support / healing. Ok, why? I never understood the point of boosting Shifta and Deband when people crowd around you after you announce it anyway.

FOnewearl - 5
I hate them. Mine sucks, she's 107, or something, and I find her boring and ridiculous. They're cute, I'll give them that, but they lack options. Slap on a Striker of Chao and run around like a dipshit. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT: Finished rating them.
1 - I like the best.
2 - I would choose as scond choice.
3 - I have fun playing as, but get bored after a while / are new characters.
4 - Are ok, but I would rather play as something else.
5 - Hate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-02-26 12:29 ]</font>

Neith
Feb 26, 2005, 04:36 PM
I know I said that HUcasts have low ATA, and I know I said that FOmars can melee, but since Ive never had a FOmar past level 10 http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I cant say that Ive tried meleeing with one.

Klaus88
Mar 1, 2005, 02:08 PM
12.RAcaseal- Hardest character to offline with, weak ATP, no techs, not great HP. Can be useful online though.

i made them popular online. everyone wants to be my livia. i lead the group, i know the maps by heart. i destroy shit in seconds and have the max hp over 2100. never die, always last one standing.

how the hell can you not like racaseal?

and fonewearl = ownage at high levels 160+.

Neith
Mar 1, 2005, 02:13 PM
how the hell can you not like racaseal?

Firstly, I never said I didnt like RAcaseal's, I just didnt find teh game as interesting with one than say, a FOnewearl. As Kef said, their good DFP is wasted if you're always stood away from enemies :S

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Mar 2, 2005, 12:00 PM
Hmm, it seems two of my favorite classes are in the bottom of everyone's list. :/

well...
Let me see if can can change your collective minds...

Racaseal- Poor, poor baby ;-;, people laugh at you becuase you have relatively low ATP, maxing out at 1175 ATP, but you have some excellent DEF and HP in your favor,maxing out at 688 and 1890 respectably, plus the 150 HP materials add an additional 300 HP for a total of 2190 HP, only second to Racast, but don't despair !! Your 787 max Evade (The fifth highest I believe.) will make you even more durable in combat that him. You can easely get away with strapping on a partisan, or if you are lucky, a S-rank twin to cut a path to victory using Hard-Hard-Hard attacks with your high ATA value.

What ? You are in the race to save Ragol alone ? No shifta and deband to help you ? No problem !! Mylla and Youlla are there to save the day !! What, what !? People say you love damage traps to much ? No hay problema senorita, throw one, run, and the moment it explodes turn around and pelt your enemies while they are briefly stunned from the damage, easy as one,two,three.

Humar- Alas !! My good old buddy, they are soo many of your kind, one would say that is a good thing, but the fact is... many have defecated on your good name as a Hunter, ruining your reputation as a good fellow to hang around beyond repair. Your only saving grace is your high ATP, maxing out at 1397 landing you the second highest Power value. Your balanced growth rate make it very easy to you to learn the ropes, the in's and out's of every tactic avaible to you. Those that guide you perhaps realizing this very fact, will decide that is time for you retire and will move to other heroes in the fight to claim Ragol. But do not be sad to be retired before your time, you served your purpose well and can now rest easy knowing that you have given them a better idea of what they truly desire to be.

Hucast- You sir, are a brute and you show it off constantly, for that I salute you !! You show great pride in your power, maxing out at an incredible 1639, you show no remorse when you crush even the mightest of enemies under your pinky. If by chance you would happen to miss in your vicious onslaught (and you will !!) you have a very Impressive Health growth leading up to a great 1762 HP which can be brought up to a higher 2062 with the extra 150 HP materials, not to mention your high armor rating, reaching 601 DEF you are the third most thick skinned warrior Pioneer2 can offer in the battle for Ragol.

Things getting too ugly ? Your brute strength is not making the cut ? Then it is time to start chucking those freeze traps out, your maker most have gotten a good discount on freeze traps, becuase, man, you are packed with them up to your eyeballs.

Fonewman- Make way everyone !! The king of (offline) Ragol is here !! Your Ra technique boost makes you the undisputed nuker of Pioneer 2, with a good Ra merge and the matching cane or wand you will own anything and everything that dares to move in your presence. Enemies will never be able to reach you with your repeated casting and your high MST allows for such rapid casting, at 1500 you are only second to the Fonewearl in mental concentration. Just remember to be careful of surprise attacks to your (big) behind and you will be fine, your extravagant/elegant clothing(463 DEF at max) do not provide much protection at all to your already fragile body (1232 HP + 300 HP = 1532 HP at max).

Now sadly, while adventuring with other Hunters you are ripped away from your glorious crown by a mysterious outside force called "Damage cancel", tis a cruel joke towards your pride, you are now forced to restrain yourself in what you are supposed to be the best, nuking...

You now are left in the shadow of the Fonewearl, which can still burn enemies to a wondrous crisp with her simple techs, without "Damage canceling" as much. But you can still support your fellow hunters, right, Right ? I fear not, it will take many a great sacrifices to your already thin armor to be able to compete with the support Goddess, but hey !! If the Goddess seems to be on vacation you can still own, otherwise you will forever be left in her shadow...

Fomarl- "Hello my Goddess !! How are you doing today ?" People everywhere love you, and you know it !! Your support range is magnificent, you don't even have to run to the other side of the room to kiss that nasty boo-boo away from the Hunter's leg. Your have the highest HP and DEF out of the force class, only you could have picked a dress that is stylish and functional at the same time.

There are some people that accuse you of being an airhead among the Forces, as your mental concentration is not as high as your other magical compatriots (1284 max MST). But do not worry, my dear, when the time of mental fatigue arrives you can brandish a weapon if you so desire and show them all that under that pretty dress you pack some muscle (872 max ATP and 170 max ATA).

What you move too slowly ? Well of course !! A lady of your social stature should always be graceful, what you say you don't want to be graceful ? Strap on that Inferno Bazooka and go for a spin.

I know you would make Rambo be proud http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

Note: Meh, got other things to do. I will post what I think of the other classes later. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Sacred_One
Mar 3, 2005, 08:32 PM
I like FOmarl because she's like an average character. She dresses neatly and has good manners.
RAmarl are good as well but her HP is low. Using her maybe a challenge for me.

Nai_Calus
Mar 3, 2005, 09:33 PM
I'm gonna get flamed for this, but seriously? It. Does. Not. Fucking. Matter. If you're good enough, you can use any class well in just about any situation, period.

That being said, I do have my own opinions and there are classes I'd never use again. XP

Scale 1-10, 10 high.

HUmar: People bitch about him. I have yet to figure out why. Oh noes, no S/D! Yeah, so? He's got J/Z, which is more than enough to save his ass, speaking from experience... Good ATA growth, good ATP growth, reasonable stats all around. Easy to start off and easy to keep up. 8.

HUnewearl: Why the hell do people like her? Her stats largely suck, her one draw, MST, can only even be maxed if you sacrifice other stats, her ATA growth is TERRIBLE, and she's oh-so-very-boring. I also generally find female animations annoying and lacking, against majority opinion. Factual: 6. Opinion: 3.

HUcast: Meh... Yes, his ATA is still good, but it's also still the worst of the HUs. I have no need to do 1000 damage on a Heavy Hit by the time I'm L140, and I find people who DO feel the need to do so pathetic. Generally uninteresting to me, I can't even really bring myself to want to level one. Factual: 8. Opinion: 5.

HUcaseal: C-mode goddess extrordinaire. Fun and good unique animations, excellent ATA, reasonable ATP, decent other stats. The one thing that keeps me from levelling one in the normal game is her similarity and somewhat inferiority to RAcast. 8.

RAmar: Whee, 248 ATA or whatever. Too bad by that point it's completely overkill and pointless, and the rest of his stats suck... S/D by itself is vastly inferior to J/Z by itself in anything past Caves. Used one to L48 once, wasn't impressed. Factual: 5. Opinion: 2.

RAmarl: So very, very boring. I have a love/hate relationship with the RAmarl. Yes, she's good, but I fall asleep playing her. Other than perhaps relatively crummy ATA growth she doesn't really have anything against her... So why is my L122 RAmarl the least used of my 3 main GC characters? Factual: 9. Opinion: 7.

RAcast: So very, very fun. Whatever the hell it is that sends me yawning with my RAmarl doesn't happen with RAcast. Perhaps it's the pooming. Perhaps it's everything good about HUcaseal stats but better where it counts. Perhaps it's just that I really do prefer males. Whatever it is, RAcast does it for me, and he does it well. 9.

RAcaseal: ...Ehhh. Nothing at all interests me about her, and I can't make one I like the looks of. Highest DFP is cute, but somewhat pointless on a Ranger. 6, just for being a RA.

FOmar: FOmars suck. I'll be the first person to tell you this. And yet I keep making them. Over and over and over again. I've had a FOmar as my main on two different versions of the game, and on GC I have two FOmars in Ult(Online ult standards, no less - Helios is L83). Terrible ATA, but decent enough growth. Relatively good ATP with good growth on that, too. Decent enough MST, though growth is a little eh. Terrible HP, DFP, unremarkable and generally useless EVP. And yet there's just something about him. Maybe it's rooting for the underdog. Maybe it's that L30 support techs make up for most of his problems. Maybe it's just that somehow he just WORKS. I don't know what the hell it is, but this shitty excuse for a terribly thought-out class keeps me coming back time and time again to do what should be impossible with him. I can't play PSO without a FOmar. It's just RIGHT with one. Factual: 7. Opinion: 10.

FOmarl: A better AND worse FOmar. Terrible n00b animations(Who the hell smacks themselves in the face with a gun every time they shoot it?), inferior ATP(Face it, by the time he's L140 a FOmar can EASILY have more ATP than a FOmarl EVER will), better but still awful ATA. Nice support boosts, but comparitively low MST takes away from them. Still reasonably fun, but I'm not sold yet. 7.

FOnewm: For what he's designed for, he's incredible. Unfortunately, what he's designed for is my least favourite thing to do in PSO, and he has absolutely no support boosts. 8 factual, 4 opinion - I remade mine long ago.

FOnewearl: Supposedly the 'best' Force, and yet quite possibly the one I like the least. There isn't anything at all about FOnewearls I like other than R/A range boost and the MST to back it up. They lack even the FOnewm's middling melee capabilities, making their relatively high ATA largely pointless. Simple tech boost is nice, but not practical. Megid does NOT own Ep2, despite the popular claim. It's at best a marginally effective method of clearing. Sure, sometimes you get lucky and drop everything in one hit. And sometimes it takes so many tries you would have been better off tech nuking, or meleeing with a less shitty character. Note that my opinion of Megid was formed using L30 with a Dark Bridge for penetration on a FOmar in Ult online Seabed, where it's supposedly so awesome. FOnewearl has no magic whatever that makes her penetrating Megid better than anyone else's, and L30 Megid is too rare to be counted on having it at sane levels. Thus, to me penetrating Megid is not a reason to pick a character. And FOnewearl has nothing else to do it for me... Factual: 8. Opinion: 1. Can't stand the fucking things, and I'd sooner use a RAmar.

Sure, they're all usable... Just some are more usable than others. XP

Sacred_One
Mar 3, 2005, 10:02 PM
My actual opinion is that all classes maybe challenging or easy to use. It depends how well you use them.

biggabertha
Mar 4, 2005, 06:28 AM
HUmar: Too many Dragon Ball characters on.
HUcast: All HUcasts should be HUGE with a giant sword.
HUnewearl: Slut. Miss miss miss with a sword
HUcaseal: Dyke. Hit hit hit with a sword
RAmar: Stupid costume (backpack) Worst mst for those who have mst
RAcast: All RAcasts should be big and called Tiny.
RAmarl: Glasses don't come off when knocked to the ground
RAcaseal: Elenor.
FOmar: He wears a dress. Enough said.
FOnewm: has high heels and "Does my bum look big in this?"
FOmarl: Only character that is close to looking "normal"
FOnewearl: Best hats in the game (Nights) Weird side skirts. Penetrate megid is a godsend in ep2

Tycho
Mar 4, 2005, 07:24 AM
HUmar: Ew.
HUnewearl: Nice for soloing, but I'd prefer RAmarl.
HUcast: Yay, these guys can do nice damage online.
HUcaseal: RAcast, except with HU weapons.. which is bad.

RAmar: Go with RAmarl if you want a non-bot RA.
RAmarl: Yay, can do about anything, best for offline.
RAcast: Woohoo, online Towers~
RAcaseal: Like RAcast, but she has inferior stats (Gimme Elenor's mag and I'll start loving her).

FOmar: A HUnewearl with L30 techs and no proper HU weaps. A FO, but he sucks at it. Lowest ATA in the game.
FOmarl: Support range! But for some reason people tend to want to melee with her, which she isn't as good at. Not a high MST/TP either.
FOnewm: Well, offline it's probably fun to nuke stuff to death at low levels. This isn't a proper support FO.
FOnewearl: :D Highest MST/TP, kickass EVP, L30 Jellen/Deband that make her almost invulnerable to most attacks, yet HP that low she isn't going to get comboed to death like the Casts. Her nuking capabilities are equal to Newm's, her Resta/Anti to FOmarl's. She's also the only character in the game with a natural bonus to the best tech in the game; Megid. Downsides: you'll be wearing a Chao Stick quite a lot, and you shouldn't mind not meleeing much.

So for each mode:

Solo online: RAmarl
Solo offline: RAmarl / Newman Forces
BA: FOnewearl
Multiplayer: FOnewearl + HUcast + RAcast * 2 (maybe more HUs in TTF / RT, more RAs in Towers)
EP1C-mode: FOnewearl + HUcast * 3 (just because ^ ^)
EP2C-mode: C1 4 HUct, C2 FOnl + 3 HUct, C3 FOnl + 3 HUcX, C4 FOnl + 3 HUct, C5 2 FOnl + 2 HUct
Lobby: FOnewearl! :D :D :D

Nai_Calus
Mar 4, 2005, 10:28 AM
*disagrees with 90% of what Tycho said*

'Worst FO' is subjective and depends entirely on what you look for in a FO.

FOmarl can easily be said to be the worst for having no worthwhile damage boosts, and also the lowest max MST.
FOnewm can easily be said to be the worst for having no support tech range boosts at all.
FOnewearl can easily be said to be the worst for having boosts to a crappy set of techs, and a mediocre boost to a tech that's only remotely useful in less than half the game's areas that isn't even consistent in it's effect on things 'weak' to it.

Worst melee FO? FOnewearl, duh. Worst teching FO? FOmarl, duh. Worst support FO? FOnewm, duh. FOmar isn't the worst at any of the usual play styles, so where the hell do you get that they're the 'worst FO, period'? *snort* Oh wait, it's cool to hate FOmars, and they're not paedophile-friendly 12-year old sluts. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Speaking of which, since when the fuck do the FOnewearl's looks have to do with anything? Especially in a thread where it was specifically asked for that people NOT go on about looks. Guess you can't read?

Also, it's not my fault you can't figure out how to use HUmars... *shrug*

It's all subjective, really, but you've managed to irk me by making completely baseless claims. *snort* By opinion, the worst FO to me is FOnewearl. Oh goodie, MST and a native Resta boost. Too bad she's ugly(Well, you brought up looks, might as well continue), worthless for anything else and not at all interesting to use... Just like all the other 'perfect' classes.

I'll take a Resta Merge and the ability to actually do something else besides stand around going 'teehee', spamming instant death that's alternately useless and annoying to everyone else on the team and looking like some gross paedophile's little wet dream clown any day, but that's just me.

And just as a note. 90% of all FOmars are incredibly ugly. 99.9% of them are not played even remotely correctly or usefully. >_>

99.9% of HUmars are incredibly ugly. 99.999999999999999% of them are not played even remotely correctly or usefully.

How is a HUmar 'dead weight', Kef? 9_9 We ARE talking a proper team here, yes, including a nice happy FO with L30 support techs who isn't afraid to use them?

HUmar gets better in a team. He still has better ATP, and he still has VASTLY superior ATA growth. A HUmar can have maxed ATA at L124 without sacrificing any of his other stats. Good LUCK doing that on a HUnewearl.

HUnewearl gets worse in a team. Her HP and ATP are still inferior. Her ATA growth is still shit. (Compare, say, L150 base stats - HUmar's 157 ATA to HUnl's 135. Gee, I wonder who's having to compensate more?)

Even if a HUnewearl IS the 'Force', she's still worse off than any other HU in the team.

And frankly, if I'm going to have a ghetto FO around, I'd much rather it were a RAmarl. Preferably with a Zalure Needle.

The difference goes like this: RAmarl is still an excellent Ranger to go with her support. HUnewearl is still a mediocre Hunter.

Yes, you can turn the same argument around on FOmars, but that's the difference between Forces and any other class. No matter how much the individual Force class may 'suck', you're STILL slinging L30 techniques. And MST doesn't effect S/D/J/Z/A.

Kind of like how even shitty FOs in c-mode are still FOs. >_> A RAmarl doesn't bring jack to a c-mode team, for example, due to no traps and poor stat growth, but a FOmar still brings his Force-yness, even if he is the worst for it.

As much as I hate FOnewearls, I'm still willing to admit that they're useful on a team. Until they start spamming Megid. Then they just piss me off and make me reach for the Rafoie, screw contributing to the team. XP

That's the nice thing about non-FOnl FOs. They don't generally feel the need to spam Megid in teams.

Megid is another subject entirely, though. >_>

Join us next time as I defend the RAmar. XP ...A defence that consists entirely of the words 'Frozen Shooter'. >_>;;;

DezoPenguin
Mar 4, 2005, 12:38 PM
On 2005-03-04 07:28, Ian-KunX wrote:
Join us next time as I defend the RAmar. XP ...A defence that consists entirely of the words 'Frozen Shooter'. >_>;;;

You could add the words, "Snow Queen." http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Might as well get something out of that insane ATA.

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Mar 4, 2005, 12:48 PM
On 2005-03-04 09:38, DezoPenguin wrote:

You could add the words, "Snow Queen." http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Might as well get something out of that insane ATA.

Hell Laser comes to mind also. >.>

Sitka
Mar 4, 2005, 02:29 PM
Dezo's asking for opinions, so here's mine.

This is from a challenge mode players bias, so I tend to rate chars based on my ability to use them online/offline and in challenge mode.

1-10 scale with 1 being an erasable character (for ME) and 10 being a keeper and even a multiple char possibility.

10: HUcast: This is my absolute favorite character to play. A total frickin powerhouse (that Android was made to kill). With traps, the right weapons and some force ju-ju, the Hucast is pure joy to play. Offine, throw in a red handgun with hit or some charge vulcans with hit, freeze and confuse traps, red sinow arms and twins and you have a pwner. And he makes an awesome challenge mode player - where's my Pallasch with 100% hit? Again, this is my opinion, but I give him 10/10. I have two of them: Big Boy (lvl 106/Bu-EI/Scythe) and Ice (lvl 36/Bu-EI/Hammer).

10: FOnewearl: The best force in my opinion. She can support, she has penetrating megid, she can foie, she's a boss killer, and she's the best damn challenge mode player period. You have to be good to use her correctly, but she is THE force. 10 out of 10. I have two: Sitka 7 (lvl 145/Gi-EI/Moon) and Sitka SS-FO (lvl 56/Bu-EI/Moon)

10: HUcaseal: Okay, here is my challenge mode bias. I love the Hucaseal. Pallasch/lockgun - she's awesome at both. Traps, quick, with a Kasami Bracer she's almost impervious at high levels. Okay, she lacks ATP, and she can be deficient in some other areas, but she is pure joy to play - for me. Red Handgun, Charge Weapons, Black King Bar, Blades & traps - she's my second favorite hunter and on c-mode, she is my favorite. Nothing I'd rather have facing down Gal Gryphon then a pair of Hucaseals with lockguns and two Fonewearls backing them up. I have two: Bu-EI++ (lvl 142/Bu-EI/Katana) and Sitka! (lvl 36/Bu-EI/Harisen).

10: RAcast: Traps, Power, 2200+ HP - with a frozen shooter, a pair of Yas 9000m and a zalure needle, this guy is your man for PW4's. Tower runs with a Skyly Ranger is about as good as it gets. Again, my opinion, but this is the first and so far only character I took to level 200 - and I enjoyed every level. Not good enough to make a second yet, but I'm very tempted. And he can c-mode reasonably well. I have one: Sitka Blue D (lvl 200/Bu-EI/Needle).

9: RAmarl: She's got a bit of everything in her favor. Mucho fun to play, my only problem is I can't use her in c-mode. I could, but I don't feel my personal challenge is fair to the others on the team. Maybe if I reach the level of zen master challenge player, I will take her through. 9/10 only because of the c-mode limitation. I have one: Sitka 6 (lvl 142/no s-ranks).

9: FOnewm: Another very fun force to play. I enjoy him very much and created Fonewms on DC, GC and now Xbox. The nuker. With a p-wand and a rafoie merge - he's da bomb. I'm not as good with him in c-mode, so I can only give him 9/10. That may change as I get better at playing him. I have one: Cu'Chullain (lvl 144/no s-ranks).

7: RAcaseal: I like playing the Racaseal. Her ATA is quite helpful, along with her traps, for challenge mode - particularly Episode 2. Online/Offline I give her a 7/10. Not my favorite, but not my least favorite either. I have one: Sitka 9 (lvl 126/no s-ranks).

7: FOmarl: The redeeming quality of the Fomarl is that I can use her well in challenge mode. She was the first force I was able to finish Episode 2 challenge with. Her support range is very nice. She's just okay for playing outside of challenge IMHO. I give her 7/10. I have one: Ceili (lvl 115/Bu-EI/Saber).

6: FOmar: I know there are a lot of awesome Fomar players out there - I'm just not one of them. He's okay for me and that's it. I don't like using him in challenge mode and I don't like playing him much. As a Yellowboze, mine has gotten me some decent drops, so I'm not complaining and he's crazy fast casting bare handed, but just not my cup of tea. I have one: Sitka Flow (lvl 110/no s-ranks).

5: HUnewearl: Not a bad character for online or offline play, but thus far not for me. I've started a couple, took one into ultimate and finally erased it and created another Fonewearl. Doesn't do anything for me. That's all. 5/10. I have none now.

3: RAmar: I tried, I really tried. I took mine to level 80 and then said no, I can't play this guy anymore. Erased and made second Hucast. 5/10 - I'll leave this guy for Hrigg and the other Ramar lovers.

1: HUmar: I had trouble even trying his char. Didn't like him. Several of my teammates have high level Humars and they play them well - I don't. Mine was at level 28 when I said enough is enough.

So, if you look at the big picture, after playing a Racast for 200 levels, if I play a hunter or a ranger, I prefer one that can use traps. Conditioning. If I play a force, I prefer one that is very good at using magic as opposed to melee.

And I love c-mode, thus the heavy bias towards those character I have come to enjoy for so much of my time on PSO.

Hope that makes sense Dezo - again, my humble opinion, of course.

kazuma56
Mar 4, 2005, 08:52 PM
I haven't played all chars yet, but i'll comment on what I know. marking is outta 10.

Humar- he describes the word decent, doesn't excel anywhere and is a middle ground for the hu class, his growth is decent as well... good for offline solo and with others at higher levels due to healing and J/Z. 8/10

Hunewearl- don't wanna be to harsh, but I have one at lvl 105 currently and can't seem to really enjoy here, her HP right now is crud, her ATA sucks as well, her growth (from what i'm seeing) is bad besides MST (more or less +5 ever lvl), and she's worthless without her techs without a high power mag (dam fire swirl quest). 5/10

Hucaseal- can't say much, got her to mines at lvl 78, couldn't take the 1-2 hit deaths so she got recreated for a hunewearl... good animations for the most part and decent growth. 5/10

Hucast- ??? don't know yet, haven't made one but he's ATA is nothing to rave about and he's more or less the RAmar of the Hunters when it comes to using good weapons at lower lvls.?/10

RAmar- my Favourite character by far, he's like the Humar but excels in ATA, his growth is decent besides MST and has the most HP possible out of the organic chars, his ATP is good and is on par with hunewearl using the weapons that both can benefit from, but uses them better due to ATA, decent EVP, I can block enemies in mines and ruins (not alot but he always seems to do so at the right time) and with jellen, i'm sure he'll be blocking like mad. DFP is also decent, 515 doesn't seem like alot but my RAmar has 1229 with his deband with AF and SSS.
His MST is bad but depending on how you play, the only time his 450+ heal wouldn't save him at higher lvls is for when he's fighting high ATP enemies, those that have unblockables like delbiter and ill gill, it's enough to cover most dmg with 1229 DFP. 9/10

RAmarl- hmmm, shes more or less meh to me, her support abilities make her good, but she excels in the worst stat in the game, EVP, with a god/battle you can manual evade in all levels barring mines and maybe seabed. Coupled on with her ability to jellen it makes the stat even more pointless.... her growth is bad on top of that, easier to play as a starting char but with tweaks, RAmar can progress the same as her. 4.5/10

RAcast- ??? same as Hucast but better HP and ATA, his ATP compared to RAmar is nothing to rave about, 30+ more dmg rarely makes a difference in most areas and since his ATA isn't as high as his, he may miss more often than not with weapons that have low accuracy boost. ?/10

Racaseal- haven't tried but i'm not commenting on her either not yet anyway.

Fomar- I have one but as it stands, I hate forces so i'll just say from what I played of him, he's a okay character, nothing too good about him from what I see. growth isn't too bad and he has better ATP out of the rest of the forces, worst MST though and in some cases, has stupid tech boosts. 4/10

Fonewearl/Fomarl/Fonewman - haven't tried and probably never will. ??/10

Hell Laser comes to mind also. >.>

no, more like demon's laser with high hit it's overkill for my RAmar.. Hell hits according to enemy Dark resistance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-03-04 17:54 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-03-04 17:55 ]</font>

Thalui89
Mar 5, 2005, 06:19 PM
Ok ill place the chars in order (1 highest) please note though that my list is on MY personal opinion.Plus i havnt played all the characters much but i have tried each each class. Ok enough chat, time to list:

1: HUnewearl- Not great atp for a hunter however is the only hunter with SD so they can raise their atp, they also have alot of defence which is pretty handy in tight situations. They seem to be able to adapt to most situations.

2: FOmar- A very adaptable character, you can melee or be a a magic machine the choice is yours! Bad def which can be a problem at times and do have the lowest mst out of the forces, but do get quite high atp.

3: HUcast- Well what can i say about this guys atp? he's a walking tank to put it simply however because he's an android he cant use SD which is a shame, His ata does let him down which can be a problem when fighting in certain areas.

4: FOnewearl- This little girl is alot more than she seems, weak health, weak ata MIGHTY mst. She like a a bomb that walk round and doesnt go out after one use. Perfect if u like your spells.

5: RAmarl- Good ata and mst this char is abit balced though but its my favourite ranger as she gets quite good mst.

6: HUcaseal- havnt really used one of these much but by watching my brother use them they seem to be quite good, shame about the atp being about the same as a HUnewearl and they dont have SD as back up howeer VERY good evade

7: FOmarl- Good but her special bonus doesnt really seem to be very beneficial however does have the potential to melee and has good mst.

8: RAcast- Have'nt played one much but does get good atp and good health. Thats all i can ay for this guy really im gonna start one on BB.

9: HUmar- Their ok but abit balanced and ont have the luxury of SD. not bad could be better in my opinion (no offence to HUmar players)

10: RAcaseal: their def bonus still isnt great and their not grand in atp, can be helpful online though

11: Fonewm: Well in the end why not just have a FOnewearl, eventually Fonewearls end up doing more damage, weak helath no potential to melee but good mst personally i wud rather use a FOnewearl.

Nai_Calus
Mar 5, 2005, 06:35 PM
FOmar does not have the lowest MST of the Force class, FOmarl does.

Wyndham
Mar 5, 2005, 07:34 PM
my list goes as follows.

Fomar 1
HUmar 2
HUneweral 3
FOnewm 4
RAmar 5
FOmarl 6
RAcast 7
HUcaseal 8
RAmarl 9
FOneweral 10
RAcaseal 11
HUcast 12

I know, my list sucks.

Sharkyland
Mar 5, 2005, 11:57 PM
HUneys are cute. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Anyway...
HUmar
- Solo: I find this class decent when soloing offline.
- Multiplayer: A good powerhouse...

HUnewearl
- Solo: Can handle pretty well offline.
- Multiplayer: The 2nd 'FO'. The multi continous strikes might kill her fast :/

HUcast
- Solo: Can be tough at times
- Multiplayer: The best powerhouse...

HUcaseal
- Solo: Can be tough at times but good ata can keep her away from trouble
- Multiplayer: Speedy powerhouse..

Cmode:
- HUmar is an average power guy, if he does use techs, it doesn't do more dmg than his wpn equipped.
- HUnewearl is considered the '2nd FO' if no FO is present. A true support character her lack of the ability to use guns gives her some ineffectiveness sometimes. (3 hit combo is usually something if you fight head on an enemy, if you have a weapon with good hit, you can slaughter enemies pretty well).
- HUcast, traps and power.
- HUcaseal, traps, guns, and power.

---
RAs
- There is not much I can say about these classes. I only have a RAmar (Dorn) and a RAmarl (Zhee). Solo they are pretty good and are far from enemy reach, but shooting all the time makes me want to sleep... I sometimes melee but when there are enemies out there who need to be taken down, well... FS, SN, and SQ. They aren't really that bad in cmode, but my response to cmode with RAs is either they protect the HUs and FOs from getting owned, but when there is lag, how can you figure out which is near them. -_-

---

FOs
- There is not much I can say about these classes either. I only have a FOnewearl (Xylona), FOmar (Pious), and FOnewm (Flick). Soloing for me is okay, but it takes too long to kill the enemies sometimes. Meleeing is a possibility too with the super high SDJZ. They do really high damage in cmode but too many will lack hp tendencies.

Thalui89
Mar 6, 2005, 09:48 AM
oh sorry bout that i thought a fomar did. Thx for putting me straight on that http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tycho
Mar 6, 2005, 12:43 PM

^ ^; I know. But I never said FOmar looks bad. And if FOnewearls you've played with just spam Megid, you just played with the wrong people. Same like how most people suck at using FOmars.

'Worst FO' is subjective and depends entirely on what you look for in a FO.

Yeah... I know that. I think it's quite cool how FOmar can manage to be an almost-HU, except that he has all level 30 techs as well. Annoying he needs a Resta Merge though, but yeah, FOnewearls need a Chao stick. Still, in the end I believe it would be more effective for a team to consist of 3 HU/RA characters, and one support FOrce. Once you have a really strong high-level team, supporting in Seabed / Towers will be a full-time job, no time left to help nuke / whack stuff. I'm speaking from experience here, even though my FOnewearl wouldn't really count as a high-level char.

FOnewearl can easily be said to be the worst for having boosts to a crappy set of techs, and a mediocre boost to a tech that's only remotely useful in less than half the game's areas that isn't even consistent in it's effect on things 'weak' to it.

Let's see. Resta, Anti, Foie, Barta, Zonde, Megid. None of the other FOrce can beat these tech bonuses, especially since a FOnewearl's Gi- and Ra- techs barely do any less damage than FOnewm's. Besides, he needs a Resta Merge at all times online, FOnewearl could wear other Merges instead.

Too bad she's ugly(Well, you brought up looks, might as well continue), worthless for anything else and not at all interesting to use... Just like all the other 'perfect' classes.

Worst melee FO? FOnewearl, duh. Worst teching FO? FOmarl, duh. Worst support FO? FOnewm, duh. FOmar isn't the worst at any of the usual play styles, so where the hell do you get that they're the 'worst FO, period'? *snort* Oh wait, it's cool to hate FOmars, and they're not paedophile-friendly 12-year old sluts. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Interesting to play is completely subjective, I am fine with just FOing.
I did not say FOmar 'sucks', could you try to quote me saying that? I did say he sucked at being a Force. by Force I was referring to 'support Force', even though I said Force. Besides, FOnewearl has the highest ATA out of all Forces. I did not say "they're the 'worst FO, period'" either, you are making that up on the spot.
Being cool doesn't have much to do with these either, it would be cooler to argue with the general opinion by saying FOnewearl sucks. Like you do.
Hunewearls look like sluts by the way (sorry Sharky, not aimed at any of yours :/), FOnewearls don't quite as much. I hope at least mine doesn't. >_>;

Speaking of which, since when the fuck do the FOnewearl's looks have to do with anything?

Also, it's not my fault you can't figure out how to use HUmars... *shrug*

Isn't it weird for you to involve looks while you're saying I should not? Besides, I did probably mention looks, but that really wasn't what I was basing my judgment on. To be honest, Tycho originally was a teal FOmarl.
Oh, and um, why was it again you said I could not figure out how to play a HUmar properly? I could, but I'm just not bothering to play one, I don't like the way he looks. Other than that, you know my opinion on hybrid characters, I would rather try to create a character keeping in mind effectiveness in teamplay. I would prefer to use an android Hunter.

It's all subjective, really, but you've managed to irk me by making completely baseless claims. *snort* By opinion, the worst FO to me is FOnewearl. Oh goodie, MST and a native Resta boost.

For the most part I based my opinions on stats, tech levels and technique boosts. Why would you say I made completely baseless claims?

I'll take a Resta Merge and the ability to actually do something else besides stand around going 'teehee', spamming instant death that's alternately useless and annoying to everyone else on the team and looking like some gross paedophile's little wet dream clown any day, but that's just me.

Yes, that is just you. I don't like people that act like retarded noobs. Don't confuse FOnewearls with that please.

And just as a note. 90% of all FOmars are incredibly ugly. 99.9% of them are not played even remotely correctly or usefully. >_>
99.9% of HUmars are incredibly ugly. 99.999999999999999% of them are not played even remotely correctly or usefully.

Then why would it be bad for other classes to not look good in most cases, or to be played incorrectly by most people?

HUmar gets better in a team. He still has better ATP, and he still has VASTLY superior ATA growth. A HUmar can have maxed ATA at L124 without sacrificing any of his other stats. Good LUCK doing that on a HUnewearl.

HUnewearl gets worse in a team. Her HP and ATP are still inferior. Her ATA growth is still shit. (Compare, say, L150 base stats - HUmar's 157 ATA to HUnl's 135. Gee, I wonder who's having to compensate more?)

Even if a HUnewearl IS the 'Force', she's still worse off than any other HU in the team.

And frankly, if I'm going to have a ghetto FO around, I'd much rather it were a RAmarl. Preferably with a Zalure Needle.

The differnce goes like this: RAmarl is still an excellent Ranger to go with her support. HUnewearl is still a mediocre Hunter.

Yes. As a non-Fo in teams HUmar is better than HUnewearl, and RAmarl is better than HUnewearl as a FO. You ignored all other cases. HUnewearl soloing maybe? But I prefer RAmarl as well.

Edit: Megid is good if you use it correctly, the penetration bonus isn't neglectible either. In a lot of cases when you have two enemies, especially in a Seabed-ish room, they are 'lined up' in some way. A dozen of squids chasing you? At the moment they spawn, they are lined up in groups already. Same for most other enemies. If you make some enemies chase you, they will line up if they weren't already.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tycho on 2005-03-06 09:53 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Mar 6, 2005, 03:06 PM
Since I've started playing PSO again, I'll give my opinions on characters. If I haven't used a certain character class, I'll just mention why I haven't, or something. And give a personal score, out of ten, ten being the best, and one being the worst.

HUmar: Like countless others, my first character ever on PSO was a HUmar. And when I started playing PSO again, my new character was a HUmar as well. I rather like HUmars. I like their balanced stats. They never seem to be lacking in stats. I usually do solid damage, hit the vast majority of the time, don't take -too- much damage, dodge enemy attacks often, and so on. My Rating: 9

HUnewearl: I tried to play as a HUnewearl, and I did get one to level 80ish, but I really don't like them that much. I don't care for their stats. Weeee, MST. Too bad I do shit damage, if I ever manage to hit. I also could NOT find a way to make them look good enough for me. <_< My Rating: 1

HUcast: I also had a HUcast for a while, but he only made it to about level 56 or so, at which point I remade him...into a HUnewearl. >_> I liked the solid power, decent ATA, nice HP, and immunity to Poison/Paralysis. They also look fairly cool. I utterly loathed the lack of techs. Having to depend on Dimates, especially when I was trying to raise his Rati, was annoying as hell. My Rating: 6

HUcaseal: I really haven't played with a HUcaseal very much at all. I made one once and worked through Normal Forest, then deleted her. Love the animations, hate the lack of techs. My Rating: 6

RAmar: I actually once had a RAmar. Maybe if I had made his mag not so damn useless, he might have be better. However, the lack of ATP and overall boringness was what ultimately led to his deletion. My Rating: 1

RAmarl: I had a RAmarl, but I deleted her Friday night, so that I could make a new HUmar. I got her to level 53ish. She was pretty fun for a RAnger, but I didn't like her lack of ATP very much. Other than that, not so bad. They look sexy with guns. XD My Rating: 7

RAcast: I also once had a RAcast, he only made it to about level 19. This was probably becuase I forced myself to only use Rifles with him. T_T; But RAcasts are kinda cool, and I like their stats. Hate the lack of techs, of course. If I was ever going to make and seriously level a RAnger, I guess I would try a RAcast... My Rating: 7

RAcaseal: Um, they're kinda cool/cute looking? I've never bothered with one, except for one who I used to try to raise another Rati...I never finished it. >_>; Eh, I wouldn't level one, I don't like their stats. :3 My Rating: 2

FOmar: Hell yes. I love playing as FOmars. They look awesome, I love their stats, and they're good for so much. Out of the two or three odd FOmars I've leveled, only one currently exists, though I plan to make another. They're such fun to melee with, and I recently converted my existing FOmar to tech-casting mode, and it's much fun. I need to get some better techs, though. >_> My Rating: 9

FOmarl: Um. Yay for robes and prettiness? I never bothered to make, let alone level, one of these. Playing melee with one might be kinda fun, I guess? My Rating: 5

FOnewm: Oh, come now. You know I love playing as FOnewms. >_> I absolutely love how cool they look, and I also <3 their tech boosts, especially since I'm offline only on GC. Stylish and utterly 0wn for pwning the hell out of offline. I wouldn't recommend meleeing with them, though. >_> My Rating: 9

FOnewearl: I had one of these little cute Megid machines up around level 36. They're okay. Tech boosts are average, in my opinion. =/ My Rating: 6

And this is all in my opinion, so try not to take deadly offense to what I've just said. >_>

EDIT: i r retrad lol http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2005-03-06 12:32 ]</font>

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Mar 6, 2005, 03:28 PM
I've formed a few opinions but for the most part I don't really care.

HUmar: They seem too basic. I like my HUmar but I get tired of using him.

HUnewearl: She work pretty well solo. I liked how I set mine up because she could switch between Attack techs and sword combat easily. She did about the same damage with techs enemies were weak to as she did with her sword offline.

HUcast: Power, just power. I like power. I gave him enough ATA to where he didn't miss often. He could take a sword and plow down his foes with little effort.

HUcaseal: I don't really know why but I like my HUcaseal. The way I set her up though she seemed more like a low defense HUcast though.

RAmar: I tried one before, they seem rather basic as well. I didn't keep mine.

RAmarl: They're good for soloing but I got sick of mine after a while.

RAcast: My favorite android, I like large roving tankbots. His power and Accuracy made him the easiest and most fun character for me to use. Any gun or blade he got his hands on he could not only use, he could use it well.

RAcaseal: She was okay for combat. It was hard for enemies to put her HP in the yellow range but at the same time she hardly did any damage.

FOmar: I hate these guys. They're not hard to use but they're a pain in the ass for close range combat. I chucked combat to the wind and just used mine for straight support.

FOmarl: Contrary to FOmars I love FOmarls. My favorite and first character was my FOmarl. The slower combos on some weapons actually came in handy in ultimate. I didn't actually start meleeing untill she was around 150 though. Before that it was all handguns and techs.

FOnewm: Never tried one, I don't really plan on it.

FOnewearl: She made a good camper but blasting techs all day got boring. Keeping TP up got to be a hassle too.

Tycho
Mar 6, 2005, 03:29 PM
On 2005-03-06 12:06, Eihwaz wrote:

And give a personal score, out of five, five being the best, and one being the worst.

HUmar:
My Rating: 9

You rated HUmar nine out of five? >___<;

Eihwaz
Mar 6, 2005, 03:31 PM
...Duuurrr.

I'm retarded. -_-

EDIT: Fixed. >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2005-03-06 12:32 ]</font>

Skorpius
Mar 6, 2005, 03:31 PM
Ok, we all know someone will disagree with another person, but I feel as though your post was entirely uncalled for. One thing I really hate is when someone asks for an opinion, and people argue it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-03-06 12:45 ]</font>

PJ
Mar 6, 2005, 03:32 PM
On 2005-03-06 12:31, Skorpius wrote:
Yes, because it's an >>> OPINION <<<

Skorp, he's only commented on his rating system. I guess half way through (Or at the beginning) he forgot he was doing it out of 5, since they are hardly any that are lower than 5 http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Skorpius
Mar 6, 2005, 03:42 PM
I'm still sick of opinion bashing. I'll edit my post to make sense now.

Skorpius
Mar 6, 2005, 03:46 PM
Look back.

Bishop711
Mar 6, 2005, 07:01 PM
OPINIONS rated on how easy it is in solo and with a team. I haven't played with all classes I'm just going by stats. Everything here is just my opinion as I'm sure many people will disagree.
I also have respect for each and every character/class as they all have their strengths and weaknesses.

1.Ramarl-s/d/j/z, great ata, good mst for non-force, best offline, best evp, only weakness is low atp and below avg hp.

2.Fonewearl-best healer, best mst, 2nd highest evp, can do excellent damage with all techniques because of mst and even more with simple spells. I assume she would tear up offline. Worst hp, def but with 30 d/j should be ok. Worst atp but they don't need it anyway. Also good ata would help with specials like geist etc. Oh they also have best megid.

3.Hunewearl- only reason she's 3nd is because of s/d/j/z. Low atp but solid in all other stats. Best mst as non force, 4th best in def and evp. Does not excel in anything but very good in all stats. Also 2nd best offline.

4.Hucast-best atp and trap growth. Just about as strong as Hunewearl maxed when she has shifta but no j/z. Online he??s probably number 1 or 2. Also has 3rd highest hp and def but terrible evp.

5..Racast- Incredible power and with ranger weapons. Best hp, 2nd best def. Lowest ata of rangers but it's good enough I think. Bad evp but that doesn't really matter. Top 2 online.

6.Fonewm- don't know much about them... seems fairly balanced in all stats in the force class. 2nd highest mst, has ra and gi boosts making him best with multi enemy techs. I don't know if he would do much more damage than fonwrl though because of 250 less mst. He might be able to use weapons because of good atp/ata combo within forces and s/z but most likely would not. Worst support force, no support boosts. Very good offline.

7.Humar-2nd highest atp, decent ata, good stats overall. No s/d, j/z is great but it's still less than hunewearl's. Online only, he's better than hunwrl. More hp than hunwrl

8.Ramar-A lot like humar... but I put him below because j/z is better than s/d. Humar could get s/d with pb or s reds arms. Best ata, good pow, and good stats overall. Lowest def out of non force and much less evp than ramarl. Online only he might be comparable to ramarl. More hp than ramarl.

9.Hucaseal-2nd highest evp and best ata for a hunter. Bad trap growth. Much lower atp, def, and hp compared to hucast. Ata and evp are not worth it in my opinion.

10.Fomar-He's good overall. Lvl 30 support techs with nice power 1002, however his ata is the worst. It's probably just me and being used to a ranger, it was very hard for me using weapons with a fomar even with max ata and a bringers rifle. I have not tried him in ruins but I think he will miss too much. It should be good in forest/caves. He does have shifta/deband and gi/grants boost which makes him good support/attack force. Better offline because less ata needed. Low def, hp, and evp.

11.Racaseal-Good ata. Best def, avg evp, 2nd best health making her the best to survive. Pow too low and without spells. Bad trap growth.

12.Fomarl-Only attack tech boost is grants. Lowest mst of forces. Best support force. Good hp and def for a force which also helps supporting. Worst evp, 2nd worst ata. Can use weapons but not too efficiently.

Personal-based on looks and playing style
1. Ramarl
2. Fomarl
3. Racast
4. Hucast
5. Fonewearl
6. Fomar
7.Humar
8.Hunewearl
9.Ramar
10.Racaseal
11.Hucaseal